Downward Spiral

A Sick Game Called 'Love'

 

AN: Ohtay, so these next two chapters have been my favorite to write so far because you shall see...but omg I am so excited for you guys to read this. I won't stall you any longer, enjoi~

 

 

Downward Spiral

 

 

JeA tapped her foot impatiently on the floor, waiting for Narsha to finish with another patient. She looked at her watch, it was only an hour before the dinner started and she wanted Narsha to be there.

 

An older man exited the room followed by Dr. Park, JeA stood up immediately almost knocking the coffee table over in the process.

 

“Have a nice day Mr. Lee,” She said with a smile, then her smiled dropped when her eyes landed on JeA, “In my office. Now.”

 

JeA gulped and did as she was told. “Sit.” JeA obeyed the command.

 

“Why are you here Ms. Kim?” Narsha sat down behind her desk.

 

“Oh so I’m ‘Ms. Kim’ when you’re awake but when you sleep I’m ‘JeA’?” She imitated Narsha’s moan of her name to the best of her abilities.

 

Narsha said through gritted teeth. “Ms. Kim, you are a patient and it is highly unprofessional for me to address you any other way.”

 

JeA stood up and placed her hands on top of Narsha’s desk and leaned forward until their heads were a few inches apart. Narsha shuddered at the close proximity. “Come to dinner with me.” JeA whispered, the distance between their lips began to decrease.

 

Their lips were millimeters apart when Narsha pulled away. “We can’t.”

 

JeA sighed and hung her head, she raised her head again and walked to the doorway. “You’re services are no longer needed, Dr. Park. I…when I walk out this door we will never see each other again.”

 

The business woman started to walk out of the door. “JeA wait.”

 

Said woman turned around with a hopeful look on her face. The next said words broke two hearts that day.

 

“Have a nice dinner.” JeA rolled her eyes and left the office what she thought would be the last time.

 

**

 

Hyoyeon still had some protective gauze over her cheek towards her ear where her scar was as she stood outside of Seohyun’s house, shifting nervously on her feet. She had been standing there for ten minutes, holding a bouquet of tiger lilies debating on whether or not to knock on the door. When she finally did, a young boy answered the door.

 

“Who are you?” The young boy asked. He looked like he was five or six. Seohyun ran up to the door behind the boy, not noticing that Hyoyeon was the stranger at the door.

 

“Seo Changhyun! What did I tell you about answering the door?” Seohyun chastised the boy and then noticed that the stranger had squatted down to the boy’s eye level.

 

“Hi Changhyun! My name is Hyoyeon, it’s nice to meet you.” Hyoyeon smiled and stuck her hand out for the young boy to shake, which he gladly did so.

 

“Big sis always told me not to talk to strangers, but you have flowers so you must not be a stranger.” The young boy smiled and spoke quickly to Hyoyeon.

 

“Do you want to know who the flowers are for?” Hyoyeon asked still with a smile plastered on her face. The boy nodded excitedly while Seohyun still had a protective hand on his shoulder. She was in awe at how nice Hyoyeon was to her brother.

 

“Well I was going to give them to your sister, but I think you’ll like them more.” She handed the bouquet of flowers to the boy who looked up at Seohyun with a huge grin that almost reached his ears.

 

“Sissy look! I got flowers!” Seohyun had never seen the boy so excited before. He ran inside to show their dad, like it was the most important thing in the world.

 

The blonde stood back up to see a confused, yet smiling Seohyun. “What are you doing here Hyoyeon?”

 

The shorter girl nervously ran her hand through her blonde locks. “Well I was going to ask you if you wanted to come to my family’s weekly dinner with me. You can bring your family too, I just have to call Taeyeon ahead of time to set up more plates.”

 

Seohyun smiled at the nervous girl. “Let me go ask my dad really quick. I’ll be right back.”

 

Hyoyeon waited patiently for a few moments before Seohyun returned beaming. “We’d love to join you, just as long as it’s not some fancy French food or something like that.”

 

Hyoyeon laughed. “Well I can’t guarantee that it’s not French food. Taeyeon said it was a surprise and she refused to tell anyone.”

 

“Would you like to come in while we get ready?” Seohyun asked, fiddling with her fingers nervously.

 

Hyoyeon nodded vehemently with a huge grin. She stepped inside the doorway and immediately was assaulted with the sweet smell of sweet potatoes. She was led into the living room and sat down on a comfortable couch.

 

Seohyun took her brother into his room and made him get dressed in a nice dress shirt, slacks and a bowtie. When he walked out with Seohyun holding his hand, he ran up to Hyoyeon and sat in her lap. Seohyun rushed over to quickly scold him until he saw the blonde ruffle his hair and smile at him.

 

“You look very dapper tonight young sir. I can’t wait to see what your big sister thinks is appropriate for dinner with my family.” Hyoyeon looked up at Seohyun who gave her a sarcastic glance of ‘very funny’.

 

Seohyun took that as her cue to go get ready. Mr. Seo emerged from his own room, looking very similar to his young son. Hyoyeon would have stood up to greet him but she had a young child on her lap.

 

“Hello, sir. I’m Kim Hyoyeon, your daughter’s boss. I would shake your hand but I’m kind of occupied at the moment by a very handsome young man.” Mr. Seo was taken aback by the youth of Hyoyeon, he expected Hyoyeon to be much older with the high position she held in the company.

 

Everything clicked in his head, he knew what the tiger lilies meant (he had bought them for his late wife). He smiled at the young director. “You have my permission to date my daughter, Changhyun already likes you, more than that Yonghwa guy. He rubbed me the wrong way.  I don’t care what gender you are as long as you make my daughter happy.”

 

Hyoyeon wasn’t expecting the blatant confession. “T-thank you, sir.”

 

Seohyun made her presence known by awkwardly coughing. Hyoyeon turned around and picked up Changhyun, gaping at the sight before her.

 

Seohyun was wearing a dark green dress that ended right before her knees, Hyoyeon’s breath caught in and she started to pale from lack of breathing. She began to breathe again when Changhyun patted her back.

 

“Hyo. You have to breathe in order to keep your heart beeping.” Hyoyeon smiled at the young boy, her eyes reluctantly tearing away from Seohyun.

 

Hyoyeon laughed at the young boy’s reasoning skills. “You are a very smart young man. You all know that this is just dinner with my family, it’s not a special occasion. You can dress causally. This is what I’m wearing.” Hyoyeon waved down at her clothing, she was wearing a light brown leather jacket and a white tank top with dark blue skinny jeans.

 

The two Seo adults formed an ‘O’ with their mouths and went back to their rooms to change.

 

“Where did everyone go Hyo?” Hyoyeon turned her attention back to the little boy in her arms.

 

“They went to go change their clothes.” Hyoyeon explained with a bright smile.

 

“Do I need to change Hyo?” He asked shifting in her arms so he could look her fully in the face.

 

“Why would you need to change when you look so handsome?” Hyoyeon looked at the boy, her smile still on her face, this kid was just like his sister; adorable beyond belief.

 

Mr. Seo returned first, sporting a polo shirt and some jeans. “Now sir that, is what I call casual.”

 

Mr. Seo smiled at the young woman. “I can see us being good friends young lady.”

 

Hyoyeon had been so caught up in meeting the Seo family that she forgot to call Taeyeon about adding two plates to the table. She quickly set Changhyun down and pulled out her cell phone, quickly dialing her sister’s phone number.

 

“Yeah, Tae. Can you add two extra plates to the table?...Yes I know this is last minute…Wait? JeA and Yul aren’t coming? Where are they?...What do you mean you don’t know?...well just have the plates ready and we’ll be there in like ten minutes, okay?...I love you too, bye.” Hyoyeon ended the call suddenly worried that her freakishly happy sister disappeared and her love struck best friend did as well.

 

All of her worries evaporated when Seohyun reappeared from her room. The girl made casual look ridiculously y. Hyoyeon couldn’t breathe again when Seohyun flashed her a smile that went straight to her feels.

 

Changhyun tugged at Hyoyeon’s hand to try and reach her back to pat it again in order to get her to breathe again. “Hyo I know sissy is pretty but I’m hungry.”

 

The boy’s tugging brought Hyoyeon back to reality and she tore her gaze away from Seohyun to lead the three out to her car.

 

“Where’s the Lexus?” Seohyun asked, expecting Hyoyeon to drive an expensive luxury car.

 

Hyoyeon frowned from Seohyun’s reference to the stereotype. The taller girl quickly realized her error and apologized meekly which made Hyoyeon regain her grin.

 

“Well it’s no Lexus but it sure drives like one.” Hyoyeon was still holding onto Changhyun’s hand as she led them up to an older white Mustang. “Changhyun, this is my baby; Hyo Junior.”

 

Hyoyeon heard a melodic laugh from behind her. “You named your car after yourself?”

 

“As a matter of fact, I did. You have a problem with that?” Hyoyeon asked jokingly. Changhyun was trying to get in the car, he was hungry and he wanted food now.

 

Hyoyeon opened the door for him and motioned for the rest of the family to do so. “I’m sorry I don’t have a car seat, I kind of wasn’t expecting to be bringing a little ball of cuteness with me.”

 

Mr. Seo chuckled and got into the back seat sitting next to his son forcing Seohyun to sit next to Hyoyeon. The taller girl swallowed the lump in and sat in the seat, buckling her seat belt.

 

The ten minute car ride was mostly silent, Changhyun continued to complain about being hungry causing Hyoyeon to smile which in turn caused Seohyun to smile. No one had ever been this nice to her baby brother before.

 

Throughout the car ride, Mr. Seo had paid close attention to the hands of the two girls. The two girls’ hands had inched closer together until their pinkies were touching over the middle divider between the seats. Hyoyeon’s pinky had linked with Seohyun’s and it caused the older man to smile, he was happy that his daughter had found someone as amazing as Hyoyeon.

 

Hyoyeon pulled into the driveway of a moderately sized house. Definitely not what Seohyun had expected of the rich heiress. “Here we are, home sweet home.”

 

Hyoyeon put the car in park and pulled the emergency brake before turning off the ignition. In the process, removing her pinky from Seohyun’s. The two girls looked at each other longingly before Changhyun interrupted the moment.

 

“Is it food time yet?” The boy asked as his dad unbuckled his seat belt.

 

Hyoyeon turned her body to look behind her at the young boy. “I think it is. Let’s go get some food, I’m sure it’s going to be delicious.” Hyoyeon leapt out of the car and opened the boy’s door before grabbing his hand and running into the house.

 

Mr. Seo put a comforting hand on Seohyun’s shoulder startling the girl. “She’s a good kid Joohyun, as long as she makes you happy she has my seal of approval.”

 

Seohyun blushed from her dad’s words, she thanked him and got out of the car to follow her little brother and her boss, her dad followed behind.

 

When the pair entered the house they were greeted with warm welcomes from who they assumed were the matriarch and patriarch of the household. “Hello! You must be Seohyun, and you must be her father. It is such a pleasure to have you and your family over for dinner, we rarely ever have company.”

 

Minjee spoke avidly, the couple was happy to see that their daughter had found a suitable partner in their eyes.

 

“Thank you for allowing me and my son to tag along last minute.” Mr. Seo shook both of their hands with a smile on his face. Seohyun had left to go join her brother at the table, just as she was about to sit down next to her brother he stopped her.

 

“Sissy, Hyo is sitting there, you can sit next to her if you want.” She smiled at her little brother, suddenly, a surge of heat rushed through her body as she realized that she would be sitting next to Hyoyeon.

 

She sat in the seat next to the empty one that her brother designated as Hyoyeon’s. “What am I Changy? Chopped liver?”

 

Before her brother could respond, Hyoyeon had come through the kitchen door and knelt next to Changhyun’s chair. “Can you keep a secret, Mr. Seo?” Hyoyeon asked with a grin on her face.

 

The young boy nodded vehemently. Hyoyeon leant even closer and looked over at Seohyun with a bright smile on her face. “Tae made spaghetti for dinner.”

 

At that the young boy bounced up and down in his seat. “That’s my favorite food!” The young boy said causing Hyoyeon to laugh and Seohyun to look at him questioningly.

 

“Changy, I thought your favorite food was pizza.” Seohyun said which caused the boy to stop bouncing and shake his head.

 

“No sissy, that was my favorite food yesterday! Today spaghetti is my favorite.” Changhyun explained to his older sister.

 

Hyoyeon quickly shushed him. “You weren’t supposed to tell anyone.”

 

The young boy put both hands over his mouth. “Sorry Hyo. I didn’t mean to.”

 

Hyoyeon smiled and patted his head. “It’s ok, I forgive you. Just don’t tell anyone else.”

 

“I promise I won’t!” Hyoyeon gave the boy a questioning look.

 

“Pinky promise?” She raised her pinky up for the boy to link pinkies with her.

 

“Pinky promise!” The boy linked pinkies with her and shook their joined fingers up and down.   

 

Hyoyeon stood up and went back into the kitchen to help Taeyeon.

 

Seohyun looked at her little brother who was still beaming from the interaction with Hyoyeon. “Changy, you really like Hyoyeon don’t you.”

 

He nodded his as he looked at his sister. “Can she be my sister too sissy?”

 

Seohyun was startled by her brother’s boldness. She figured it was a trait that the Seo boys inherited.

 

Hyoyeon re-entered the room holding a huge bowl of spaghetti in one hand and a large tray of garlic bread in the other. “Dinner is served!”

 

 

AN: Omg isn't Changhyun the most adorable baby brother in the world?