Awkward Situations

A Sick Game Called 'Love'

 

AN: I have nothing to say really, I pretty much pulled this one out of my but it also gave me interesting ideas so yeah, enjoy.

 

Awkward Situations

 

This is the most awkward lunch I have ever been on, JeA thought to herself as she was forced by her father to sit next to Narsha at the table. Both women’s bodies were rigid, and they were avoiding any body contact with each other. It was a fruitless battle since hands sought each other out underneath the table. After the hands intertwined they immediately let go and looked in the opposite direction.

 

Daeho couldn’t help the smile on his face at the childish antics of the two grown women. The food had yet to arrive and he was hungry, the only thing to distract him was to tease his daughter relentlessly.

 

“You know doctor, Hyojin spoons her pillow in her sleep. I think it’s a sign.”

 

Dad!” JeA nearly screeched at her father, the embarrassment clear on her face. But, she didn’t see the doctor’s face turn a shade darker.

 

In her flustered state, Narsha stood up and nearly knocked JeA’s hand on the underside of the table since they were still in the middle of a bout of handsy. “E-excuse me I have to go to the washroom.”

 

JeA stood up and released the young doctor’s hand. “I’ll go too.”

 

Daeho smiled outwardly while inwardly he was smirking, his master plan was working. He took out his phone and called his wife. “Honey? I think Hyojin is in love.”

 

“With who? Taecyeon?!”

 

He chuckled, “No, no with Doctor Park. But she’s still set on marrying him, what should I do?”

 

An audible sigh could be heard on the other side of the line. “Leave them alone, the wedding is in a month and Hyojin will see who she belongs with.”

 

He smiled and nodded. “You know I can’t hear you nod?”

 

“Oh, right, yes. You’re the best, always the wisest.”

 

“Did you just call me old?”

 

“N-no! Just because someone is wise it doesn’t mean they’re old!”

 

“You’re off the hook this time, but next time you won’t be so lucky. Don’t forget about your dinner plans with Mr. Seo.”

 

Daeho gulped, “Yes ma’am.”

 

Minji ended the call and Daeho let out a heavy sigh as he waited for the two women to return and for the food to arrive.

 

**

 

Jessica was waiting in the lobby for Tiffany and Seohyun to arrive, arms crossed over her chest and a cold glare settled on her features. It took the pair, eleven minutes and thirty-four seconds to get to the hospital, too slow.

 

“You’re late.” Jessica deadpanned at Tiffany.

 

“Oh my bad, I didn’t realize there was a time deadline.” Tiffany shot back with ease.

 

“Yuri was stabbed, but she’s stable now. Hyo, on the other hand, is unconscious from extreme blood loss.”

 

Seohyun’s gaze hardened as she grabbed onto Jessica’s shoulders. “Where. Is. She?”

 

Jessica gulped, the taller girl’s stature and expression sending chills down her spine. She mentally shook herself out of her daze and removed the girl’s hands from her shoulders. She handed Seohyun a visitors pass and shot another cold glare at Tiffany that said ‘You don’t get one’. The two then left Tiffany to see Hyoyeon.

 

The walk to the hospital room was comfortably quiet. Seohyun entered first and gasped at the sight. Hyoyeon was hooked up to several machines that appeared to be keeping her alive. There was a blood pack attached to one arm and an IV in the other one. Seohyun cupped the shorter woman’s cheek, it was lukewarm, as if her body was unable to warm itself. All of the blood that she had left in her body was going to her brain in order to keep her alive, not leaving enough for her skin tissues to keep her body at a stable temperature.

 

Seohyun leaned down and pressed a kiss to Hyoyeon’s slowly warming lips. After a few seconds she felt pressure from beneath her and a hand grabbed her wrist, pulling her down further. She gasped when she realized that Hyoyeon had woken up, a tongue entered and explored the wet cavern thoroughly.

 

Several moments had passed and Seohyun pulled away, with resistance, and breathlessly stared at the soft eyes of Hyoyeon. It was then that Hyoyeon felt the cool metal on her cheek, she removed the offending hand and stared at it quizzically before she noticed what was on it.

 

Her brows furrowed in anger. She grit through her teeth, “You’re marrying him?”

 

Seohyun retracted her hand and hid it behind her back, she was annoyed from seeing the object on her hand. “I’m sorry.”

 

Hyoyeon’s gaze softened. “Why?”

 

“To protect you.” Seohyun replied with a weak smile.

 

“Protect me from what?” Hyoyeon was slightly angry and slightly confused.

 

Seohyun searched the room only to find it empty, where did Jessica go?

 

“Yonghwa knows about your education predicament. He threatened to out you to the public unless I marry him in a month, and I have to move in with him by the end of the week,” she paused before burying herself in Hyoyeon’s chest, “I don’t want him to touch me, I only want you!”

 

“I won’t let him touch you, I promise.” Hyoyeon held the tall woman close to her chest and placed soothing kisses on her head.  

 

"How?" Seohyun whimpered against the material of Hyoyeon's shirt.

 

"I don't know." Hyoyeon looked off into the distance, trying to think of a way to fix this mess.

 

**

 

After leaving Seohyun with the youngest Kim, Jessica began wandering the halls of the hospital. Looking down the familiar corridors, remembering things she's been trying to forget. /I miss you, mom and dad/.

 

It had been six years since her parents had been killed by those men. She had been hiding in one of the secret rooms that had been built in to their house.

 

"Where is Jung?!" The man holding a gun to her father's head shouted.

 

"If you have to ask where he is, then what makes you think I'd know?" Her dad spoke calmly, she was thankful that the thirteen year old Krystal was still at school. A gunshot echoed through the room and she had to stop herself from gasping as she saw her mother fall forward onto the ground.

 

"I'll ask you again Kwon. Where is he?" The man gritted through his teeth.

 

"Well since you asked so nicely, he's in a place in a country on a continent on the planet." And that was the last thing her father ever said as a bullet was lodged into his brain.

 

The men left after that, and Jessica let herself breakdown. It was then that she decided she was going to join the police and seek revenge on the men who killed her parents.

 

She didn't know when she had ended up crying in an empty on-call room, or when Tiffany had fallen gracefully from the air duct. Or when she ended up clinging to the mystery agent's jacket and how Tiffany had awkwardly wrapped her arms around the cop’s waist.

 

The agent was confused, comforting people had never been a skill of hers. Comfort was for those who had been raised with it. She had been raised with deception, violence, and without the basic family fundamentals. She had learned how to cheat a lie detector at the age of 6, how to break a man’s neck at the age of 7, how to hack into a government server at 8, how to disarm a bomb at 9, and how to take out a target from 100 meters at 10. Never once had they taught her kindness, only how to fake it.

 

So, she did the only thing she could think of in that moment. And that was to hold Jessica as she wept. She knew of no other way of comfort than this, she was terrible at having feelings.

 

“I-I’m sorry?” It came out as more of a question than a condolence. Jessica laughed, but it came out more like a choked sob. It seemed to be enough to stop the flow of tears. Jessica continued to laugh until her stomach couldn’t handle it.

 

“Oh god Tiff, did you grow up underground or something?” Jessica spoke through her laughs.

 

Tiffany’s cheeks turned pink at the shortening of her name. “Yes.”

 

Jessica would have rolled off of the bed had Tiffany not been holding her steady. It took her a few moments before realizing that Tiffany wasn’t laugh, in turn, her own laughter died down and she looked back into her eyes. “Oh my god, you’re serious. Are you from like a family of spies?”

 

Tiffany removed her hold on Jessica and stood up from the bed. She readjusted her clothes before climbing on the bed next to the air vent. “I have no family.” And with that said, Tiffany climbed back into the vent only to go where no one knows.