Tin Cans

A Sick Game Called 'Love'

 

AN: So I'm like super excited from all of the subscribers this fic has gotten, my motivation has skyrocketed but my plot bunnies have all vanished on me because I have things that I want to do for certain couples and I can't because I haven't gotten to the point of when it should happen. Anyways this chapter is some highly anticipated JungLi, more HyoHyun, JeTi, 2Hyo/JeSha, and AhGa. I can't wait for you guys to get to read my new obsession for this fic, soon, in about 8 chapters...soon.

 

 

Tin Cans

 

Yonghwa and Seohyun had arrived at the batting cages before Hyoyeon and Yuri did. He paid for an hour in the cage at 30 miles an hour, the slowest speed they had. He grabbed her a Krawlings bat and Kizuno helmet before directing her to the cage. There were only two cages that were next to each other designated for softball since it is such an under-credited sport.

 

This worked out in Yonghwa’s favor, when the two softball players would show up they would be right next to each other. Further gloating rights.

 

Seohyun had never hit a softball before, she had never been very good at sports. She was better on the spectator side of the sport, she understood the judging of a sport very well, though she had never seen a softball or baseball game before so she had no idea what she was doing.

 

Yonghwa told her to hold the bat at the very bottom of the handle and to keep her knuckles lined up and not try and swing up, but rather straight through.

 

She still had no idea what she was doing. After the first set of pitches she hadn’t hit a single ball and Hyoyeon and Yuri had shown up.

 

The athletic duo had brought their own gear, Yuri was using her spare Xeno and Hyoyeon had her Stealth. Both were made by Im Industries. Their helmet was made by the Kims, they decided to share Hyoyeon’s old black with a green stripe one. Hyoyeon paid for an hour on the cage next to Seohyun and Yonghwa’s (she still didn’t know of their presence) with the speed set at 70 miles per hour.

 

Yuri let Hyoyeon go first, still oblivious to the fact that Yonghwa and Seohyun were in the cage to their right. Hyoyeon did her warm-up bunts before moving on to several sneaky bunts and then eventually full on slap hitting.

 

During the hitting, she noticed that whoever was behind her was failing miserably at hitting possibly the slowest speed Hyoyeon had ever seen; it was driving her nuts. The girl behind her yelped when she finally hit the ball.

 

“Yonghwa! Why does it hurt when I hit the ball?” Hyoyeon froze when she heard the voice. She turned to Yuri and motioned her in the cage, her set was already done. She handed Yuri the helmet before crossing over to the next cage where Seohyun had just finished another set.

 

“It hurts because you’re hitting with a tin can.”  Hyoyeon explained as she removed the bat from Seohyun’s hands and replaced it with her own before stepping behind the girl and placing her arms on top of Seohyun’s to guide them to a proper position.

 

Hyoyeon used her knee to spread Seohyun’s thighs further apart, she needed a wider stance since she is taller than Hyoyeon. Seohyun tensed her entire body from the sensation.

 

“You need to relax your shoulders and follow the ball with your eyes. This bat will make contact feel like a hot knife through butter. Most importantly, just breathe.” Hyoyeon spoke softly into Seohyun’s ear, quiet enough that Yonghwa couldn’t hear anything. He could only see Hyoyeon feeling up his date and whispering in her ear.

 

“Keep it in your pants Kim.” Yonghwa said in a harsh tone before looking away from the death glare that Hyoyeon gave him.

 

He started the machine again with the button on the side and Hyoyeon backed away to give the girl space to swing.

 

Seohyun swung the bat and was surprised at how smoothly the bat felt hitting the ball, she felt so confident in her swing that she followed through like she had seen Yuri do earlier.

 

When the bat flew back across her shoulder she came into contact with something hard and she heard a crack followed by a thud. She dropped the bat and rushed to Hyoyeon’s side.

 

The girl was out cold and there was a lump the size of a baseball with a small gash on it on her left cheek. Yuri soon rushed to Hyoyeon’s other side, checking her pulse and calling 911 while she sighed in relief.

 

“Thank god you hit her metal cheekbone, this girl does not need to be nicknamed cyber-cheeks.” Yuri tried to calm Seohyun down while instructing the 911 dispatcher of their location and what had happened. The ambulance would arrive in ten minutes.

 

Seohyun was anything but calm. If her boss died because of her, her entire family would be in jeopardy. Her heartbeat was pounding in her ears as she took Hyoyeon’s warm hand into her own and kissed it. “Please don’t die.”

 

She hadn’t heard anything Yuri said, she was too focused on the bump on Hyoyeon’s beautiful face that kept increasing in size.

 

Yuri sent out the emergency text messages to Taeyeon, JeA, Hyuna, Jessica and Krystal before the ambulance arrived.

 

Seohyun watched the paramedics take the shorter girl into the vehicle on a stretcher. She followed Yuri in and when asked what her relationship was to Hyoyeon she responded:

 

“I’m her girlfriend.”

 

Yonghwa was seething, he had to move up his plans ahead of schedule now. He needed to talk to his brother as quickly as possible.

 

**

 

JeA woke up to the feeling of her phone alerting her with a text message in her back pocket. She felt something warm behind her and realized that she was holding someone’s arm around her waist. A few seconds after the text message was received she got a phone call.

 

The vibration in her back pocket caused whoever was behind her to moan out her name in their sleep. She recognized the voice and literally leapt into the air from the shock, she landed on the floor on her face.

 

Narsha shot up immediately feeling colder as the heat from JeA’s body escaped her. “What happened?”

 

JeA sat up and answered the phone call, trying to avoid eye contact with the young doctor.

 

“What do you mean Hyoyeon is in the hospital?!” JeA shouted into the phone. She grabbed her jacket and threw it over her shoulder listening to Taeyeon’s answer. She ended the call and looked back to Narsha who was now sitting up.

 

“Wait.” Narsha stood up and stopped JeA from leaving. “I’ll drive you. I sent your assistant home, it’s the least I could do.”

 

They rode the elevator down to the parking garage in silence. The two would take glances at each other and look away when they were caught.

 

The first few minutes of the car ride were silent until JeA broke it, watching Narsha’s reaction. “You moaned my name.”

 

Narsha swallowed hard and did her best to focus on driving rather than her pounding heart. “W-What?”

 

“In your sleep you moaned my name.”  JeA stated flatly.

 

“What happened to your sister?” Narsha deflected, trying to stray the conversation from her feelings.

 

JeA continued to stare at Narsha, leaning her back halfway on the chair and door. “You’re deflecting. Why?”

 

“It’s not my fault you’re so grabby in your sleep. I was just trying to put a blanket over you and then all of a sudden I’m your blanket. There’s your answer.” Narsha kept her eyes on the road. They were almost at the hospital.

 

JeA’s lips curved up into a small smile. “That explains why you were spooning me, not why you moaned my name.”

 

“You are insufferable.” Narsha huffed out. Narsha thanked the powers that be for getting them to the hospital at that moment.

 

JeA stepped out of the car and leaned back down to flash a flirty smile to Narsha, giving the doctor a perfect view of her chest.

 

“One day I’ll get you to tell me.” JeA closed the door and sauntered into the building, looking over her shoulder to see Narsha’s jaw hanging open.

 

Her smile dropped when she entered the hospital and saw Seohyun sobbing into Yuri while Taeyeon was talking to the front desk technician trying to figure out where Hyoyeon was. She went into business mode and walked up to Yuri.

 

“Where are the Jungs and Hyuna?” JeA questioned Yuri.

 

“Jungs are on their way, Hyuna apparently fainted and Gayoon answered the phone for her. I’ll explain when the Jungs get here. I forgot my badge so we’ll have to wait for them to get us in.”

 

**

 

Jessica hadn’t gone to sleep when her phone rang telling her it was a message from Yuri and the younger girl only messaged her when it was an emergency, she wasn’t a part of the Kim unit like the Jung sisters and Hyuna. She reached over Tiffany to her nightstand where she had left her phone and read the message.

 

She bolted into action waking Tiffany up in the process. The icy brunette threw her clothes on as quickly as she could. “Work emergency, you can let yourself out. Lock the door behind you.” And with that Jessica was out the door, leaving Tiffany on the bed with no idea what had just happened.

 

Tiffany scrounged around for her phone, putting her clothes back on in the process. She sent Jessica a message:

 

I’m leaving now, you’re the best I’ve ever had.

 

Jessica’s response was almost instantaneous. I know.

 

Tiffany debated heavily on her next choice of words then decided that she needed to. You’re the only one I’ve ever had.

 

Tiffany never received a response. She left the apartment and locked the door behind her before walking the ten minutes back to her apartment. Her movements were very awkward and she was thankful for her sunglasses to hide her eyes from all of the people that looked at her funny.

 

**

 

Sulli had been waiting for Krystal for ten minutes before the Jung had arrived. The young manager smiled instantly when she saw her girlfriend running into the restaurant looking slightly disheveled.

 

Krystal sat down after she kissed Sulli chastely on the lips. “I am so so sorry I’m late. Sisterly duty called.”

 

Sulli smiled at Krystal, any thoughts of being mad at the girl was gone. She was whipped and she knew it, but she didn’t care. “What did Sica do this time?”

 

Krystal smiled at how perfect her girlfriend is, always listening to her problems with open ears and a smile that reached her eyes. “K, so there are these two new girls in marketing and one of them totally has the hots for Jessica. I saw them giving each other eyes at the office party and before I left I made them talk to each other.

 

“So I took Jessica’s phone today and called this girl up and set them up on a date while I was chased around by a crazy sister. And that, my love, is why I am late.”

 

Sulli laughed silently at the story, her rib-cage shaking from the action. When she finally calmed down she kept the smile on her face. “You just can’t help being cupid, can you?”

 

Krystal scooted closer to her girlfriend on the wraparound booth. “I can’t help it if I’m so good at it. Is there any way I can assist you in your love life?”

 

Sulli bit her lip and placed her finger on her head in mock concentration. “Well I can’t seem to find any problems with my girlfriend.”

 

Krystal hung her arm around Sulli’s shoulders. “Can you describe this girlfriend of yours?”

 

“Well she’s super y, really smart, very supportive of me, likes to meddle with her sisters love life all of the time, tells the best stories, sneaks out of her apartment late at night for emergency booty calls-,” Sulli was interrupted by her girlfriend’s interjection.

 

“That’s my favorite part! I love when you…” She stopped when her girlfriend nipped at her neck.

 

“I’m telling a story! Now be quiet.” She smiled as she spoke, Krystal gave her a ‘Yes mom’ before receiving another nip at her neck this one a little harder.

 

“I’m serious. Now I think we left off at booty calls. Well my girlfriend also brings signs to all of my games even though I’m just a manager and she screams out her love for me every time I go out to be first base coach.”

 

Krystal was about to complain that the story went back to being PG from going down a path to R, but she was stopped by a text message from Yuri. It was the same with everyone else; Yuri only sent messages to the rest of the family when it was an emergency.

 

“What’s wrong?” Sulli asked trying to read the message.

 

Krystal turned to face her girlfriend and clamped her hands over Sulli’s. “Please forgive me, work emergency. I promise to make it up to you when I can.”

 

Sulli was about to protest but Krystal took her open mouth as a sign that she was ok with it. Krystal left her there alone and ran in the direction of the hospital.

 

Sulli had found a fault in her girlfriend: She always left before she could hear the answer.

 

**

 

Gayoon had finished preparing dinner relatively quick. She still had a little less than an hour before her girlfriend was to arrive at home. She let the food stay warm in the oven as she took a quick shower.

 

Clad only in a towel, she stood in front of the mirror of their combined closet holding the small box in her hands. She looked at her reflection and took a deep breath, her anxiety showing on her young face. “Hyuna, there’s something I need to tell you.”

 

Seeing that her girlfriend hadn’t noticed her arrival, Hyuna stayed put in the doorway and enjoyed the view in front of her.

 

“Hyuna, I love you more than I’ve ever loved anyone or anything in my entire life. You’re all I’ve ever wanted or needed and I-,” Gayoon was cut off by Hyuna’s phone ringing in her pocket. The older turned a ghastly white when she turned to face her girlfriend with wide-eyes.

 

The younger pulled her phone out, recognizing the emergency tone used. She read the message and looked up at Gayoon, now noticing the small box in the athlete’s hands. The phone dropped to the ground with a loud thud that was soon followed by a much louder thud as Hyuna fainted.

 

Gayoon was by her side in an instant, she put the younger’s arm around her shoulders and lifted her up bridal style, carrying her to the bed a few feet away. She gently laid her girlfriend down and retrieved the phone from the floor, reading the message she sent a quick reply to Yuri. Hyuna fainted this is Gayoon. I don’t know when she’ll wake up.

 

She set the phone down on the night stand next to Hyuna and went to the closet to put clothes on. She hid the small box in her own nightstand and climbed in bed next to Hyuna, snuggling up to the unconscious body of her girlfriend soon to be fiancée.

 

“We’ll try that again when you wake up.”