Turn Around

A Sick Game Called 'Love'

AN:lrkgjwer;oitjroi idk anymore guise

 

Gyuri awoke to bright fluorescent lights and the familiar stench of the hospital. She was much calmer than before, attributing it to the tube running through her arm that was attached to an IV bag. She clicked the ‘call nurse’ button, wanting to get out of there as quickly as possible. The longer Sunghee and Hyomin were with Siwon, the more danger they were in.

 

Lizzy came in with a bright smile playing on her lips. “Captain Park! It’s so great that you’re awake!”

 

“How long was I out?” Gyuri ignored the overly cheery woman, needing to get her information and leave.

 

“Only a few hours, the doctor seems to think that you suffered from a panic attack and luckily you were in a heavily populated area when you fainted.” The nurse explained, all cheeriness gone seeing that it was agitating the woman.

 

“Can I have my discharge papers? I need to leave, it’s an emergency.” Gyuri was pleased when the woman nodded and left to go get them.

 

She had barely three minutes of alone time to sort out the events in her head when the nurse returned with a clipboard and a bag with her clothes. She left the clipboard on the hospital bed table and the clothes at the foot of the bed before removing the needle in her arm and leaving, allowing Gyuri to change and sign the papers.

 

It took Gyuri a few minutes to change and sign everything necessary. She left the paper at the nurses’ station, checking where she was before heading to Jiyeon’s room. Once she found the room, she entered and locked the door behind her.

 

“C-captain?” Jiyeon could see the woman’s bright blue eyes, knowing that wasn’t a normal color for anyone.

 

“He has them.” The woman stared off, giving Jiyeon an even worse headache than she already had.

 

“Who has who?” Jiyeon pressed the button to administer more pain killers into her system to help with the pain in her head.

 

“Siwon,” The younger woman’s eyes widened, “He has Sungja and Sunyoung.”

 

Jiyeon sat up, ripping the various patches attached to monitors on her body, carefully pulling out the IV needle out of her arm. “What are you doing sergeant?”

 

“You know exactly what I’m doing Gyuri. I’m not going to sit here while Minnie is out there in danger! I’m going with you to find her.” Jiyeon flung her legs over the side of the bed, finding them weak but not useless. Without saying anything, the captain assisted the woman down, finding her clothes in a bag on one of the tables in the corner of the room.

 

Gyuri allowed the woman to get changed before helping her out of the room, slipping by the nurses’ station undetected and outside. She pulled out her phone and dialed Boa’s number.

 

Gyuri? What’s wrong?”

 

“I need to get into your office, it’s an emergency.” The captain hailed down a cab, helping Jiyeon inside and giving the driver instructions to go to the Mayor’s office.

 

The code is 3254, be safe Gyuri.”

 

The captain ended the call, pushing for the driver to go faster, she texted Jessica to get everyone in the conference room at the police station for an emergency meeting. She needed blueprints from the Mayor’s office.

 

**

 

Hyuna hadn’t left Gayoon’s side since the athlete was admitted. A brace still held her neck in place as a precaution, even if her head was what received the damage. It had been five days and the doctors had no idea when the woman would wake, saying anywhere between a day to five years.

 

The detective’s mind would trick her, thinking that she felt Gayoon squeeze her hand, but when she looked up the athlete was still sound asleep. Lizzy had started bringing her meals, making sure that the detective ate so that she could stay by her fiancée’s bedside and not in her own hospital bed.

 

Exhaustion hit her, she rested her head on Gayoon’s thigh, sleep finding her quickly.

 

The comatose woman stirred, feeling a familiar weight on her thigh, warmth surrounding her hand. was dry, making it difficult to breathe. She coughed, the weight on her thigh and the warmth around her hand leaving. She felt a straw around her lips, ceasing her coughing to close down on it and in the much needed water.

 

Her eyes slowly opened to find Hyuna crying in front of her face. “You’re not my boyfriend?”

 

Hyuna could only laugh through her tears. “Nice try sweetheart but gay is in your name.”

 

“Are you sure? Because last time I checked my fiancée wasn’t talking to me.” Gayoon gave her best stern glare.

 

“We can talk about that later, just, please wink for me.” Gayoon tried her absolute best to wink, but both eyes closed. Hands were holding her face and lips that she hadn’t felt in quite some time, were on hers.

 

A buzzing on one of the other seats pulled Hyuna away. The detective answered, eyes widening before putting her phone in her pocket. “I-I have to go, it’s a work emergency. I promise I’ll be back as soon as I can. I-I love you.”

 

Hyuna placed a quick kiss on the athlete’s lips before running into the open doorway, faltering back before running through again, shouting at the nurses’ station that was awake.   

 

**

 

The mayor had been able to keep her daughter at home with her with the guise of mother and daughter bonding. Luna hadn’t questioned her when she propositioned that they spend the day baking different desserts.

 

When Gyuri had called her, a twinge of fear ran down her spine. She could tell something was amiss when Ana had left so suddenly and now with the captain calling her asking her to get into her office on a weekend.

 

She had been so absorbed in her thoughts that she hadn’t heard Luna answer a phone call. Her attention was drawn to her daughter attempting to leave.

 

“Where are you going?” Boa was on her feet, blocking Luna from leaving the kitchen.

 

“Mom, move. There’s an emergency at work and I need to go.” Luna tried moving past her mother but the woman wouldn’t let her.

 

An internal conflict warred in her mind. On one side, Ana never asked anything of her, but on the other side, neither did Luna.

 

“I’ll drive you.” She decided, knowing that Luna would find a way to get out just as Ana found new ways to get in. The mayor took the keys to her car, Luna followed her out to the garage.

 

As the car was pulling out, a man settled against a tree, the scope of his sniper trained on Boa. His finger slowly tugged against the trigger, stopping when he heard a click to his right and a sudden feeling of cold metal against his head.

 

“You even think about pulling that trigger and you die.” Ana grit through her teeth, thankful that she had returned in time.

 

The man removed his finger from the trigger, slowly setting down the gun. “He won’t be happy about this.”

 

“I don’t care Yunho, he swore he would never touch her.” She kicked the rifle out of the way, waiting for the mayor to drive out of sight. Once they were gone, she cautiously bent down to pick the gun up, leaving the man to contact their leader.

 

Twenty minutes after she locked herself inside the house, her phone rang. Seeing that it was her boss, she hesitantly answered.

 

“Ana, you know how important Detective Park is to me.”

 

“You said Boa would never be involved, Yunho tried to involve her today.” Ana cringed at the sinister laugh on the other side, chills ran down her spine at the abrupt stop of the sound.

 

“You will hand deliver Detective Park to me, or I will involve the mayor and this time, Yunho won’t fail.”

 

He ended the call and she threw the phone against the wall, shattering it to pieces. It took her quite some time to regain her cold composure. She ‘borrowed’ the mayor’s other vehicle and sped off towards the warehouse that Siwon was keeping his captives, waiting for her niece.    

 

**

 

The Ok-Kim wedding party plus the Seo family gathered around a large banquet table at the Ok Mansion. Celebrating the non-unions and the future union. Taecyeon was upset with the arrest of his brother but understood that it would only help the man in the end.

 

Daeho, the oldest in the room, stood from his seat and clinked his glass, gathering the attention of the occupants. “I’d like to propose a toast to my beautiful daughter and her wife, Doctor Park, as well as the man who would have been my son-in-law, but now shall be happily married to Kim Minjun.”

 

Everyone raised their glasses and clinked them together. Narsha replaced Jea’s glass of champagne with one of water. Once everyone settled, a glorious feast was brought out for everyone.

 

Jea tasted her food, finding it lacking in salt. “Daddy, can you pass me the salt?”

 

Two salt shakers flanked her on both sides, one from her father and one from her wife. “Kim Hyojin,” her father started, “is there something you’d like to share?”

 

“Expect a grandbaby in seven months?” Jea feigned knowing what her father was talking about.

 

He flung his arms around his oldest daughter, hugging her tightly. A loud clearing of a throat interrupted the celebration. An elderly man in a butler’s suit stood in the doorway.

 

“A Lee Soonkyu is here to see Kim Taeyeon and has informed me that she will not leave until they speak.” He spoke eloquently and removed himself from the room.

 

Taeyeon gulped, looking over to the doctor who nodded in approval. She excused herself to speak with the athlete. Her eyes were pointed at the floor when she walked into the entrance room and could see the feet of the woman she betrayed.

 

“TaeTae? Look at me.” The feet moved closer to her, hands held her face and lifted her chin up.

 

“The first step is admitting you have a problem. After that everything else falls into place, you’re already getting help. You will overcome this.”

 

The woman took a deep breath, looking into Sunny’s eyes while speaking. “S-Soonkyu, I-I have a problem.”

 

“Whatever it is I’ll help you. I want us to work Tae. I-I forgive you for Jiyeon, just tell me what’s wrong.” Tears pricked at Sunny’s eyes, it had been too long since she had seen let alone touch Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon’s breathing picked up, trying to piece together the next part of her confession. “I have an addiction…to .”

 

Sunny stifled her laugh with a sob. Reminding herself of what had happened and that the woman’s problem was most likely serious since she couldn’t contain herself for the few days she was gone for a game. “I’ll help you through this, I love you. Just please come home.”

 

“Okay.”