The Ball

A Sick Game Called 'Love'

 

AN: Letting you all know now that I wrote like majority of this while on pain pills so yeah…if you’re wondering why I was on pain pills it is because I had my wisdom teeth taken out. I watched the teaser for Nine Muses’ comeback and well they are no longer called Nine Muses they are now referred to as Nine Nopes. Because I physically and mentally cannot with any one of them okay.  I want to finish this story so bad so that I can write the second generation of all of these couples that will essentially be all of my otps that I fell for during the process of writing this and had too much going on to insert them. HIGH SCHOOL AUs FTW OKAY<- still on pain pills it’s awesome because I have more things to torture steve with muahahha. I will not give you my reaction to Wild because it basically consists of me calling all of Nine Nopes a bunch of little s for making my reproductive system fail…I am no longer able to have children because of Nine Nopes. I also watched it with my spanish teacher and she laughed at me the whole time...but hey i got to watch it on the projector so neh.

 

 

 

The Ball

 

 

 

 

 “Are you absolutely certain you’re not going?” Gyuri asked her little sister for the thousandth time that day as she helped her with her uniform.

 

“I don’t feel up to it. Sorry Gyuri.” Hyomin deadpanned as she tightened the older’s thigh holster. I want to go see Jiyeon.

 

Gyuri stood in front of her closet door mirror, putting on her uniform tie while Hyomin found her blue blazer. Once the tie was perfectly straight, Hyomin assisted her in putting on the blazer. “Just stay safe. No wandering out at night.”

 

“I know, I probably won’t even leave the house.” Hyomin lied with a straight face, something she learned from the older woman. “Doesn’t Sunghee have a friend she used to work with. The one dating detective Park?”

 

“You’re a genius.” Gyuri sighed in relief as she finished with the final button.

 

“I do try to live up to the family name.” Hyomin smiled to herself as Gyuri fixed her hair.

 

“Be good while I’m gone.” Gyuri smirked in the mirror at her sister.

 

“Aren’t I always?” Hyomin smirked back.

 

“Like an angel.” Hyomin smacked the shorter’s shoulder as she went to leave the room. Once Gyuri was out of the room, Hyomin sank down to the bed, dreading the impending visit to Jiyeon’s hospital room.

 

Gyuri stood outside of the closed door to Sunghee’s room, she couldn’t hear anything on the other side so she opened the door. She found the younger woman asleep, clutching onto one of the pillows. The captain kneeled beside her lightly brushing away strands of hair out of the woman’s face.

 

“Sungja, wake up.” Gyuri whispered softly, unable to control her betraying emotions, some other entity was driving her cold persona away. “Sungja~”

 

Sunghee awoke to a light caress on her cheek, the electrifying feeling was familiar to her, she knew who it was. Her brows knit in confusion as she slowly opened her eyes to see Gyuri softly smiling at her, light grey eyes glinting with glee. Sunghee pulled the hand away from her cheek, not missing the small pout that formed on the captain’s lips.

 

“What are you doing? Why are you in here?” Sunghee cringed away from the over-affectionate captain.

 

Gyuri pouted, retreating her hand in defeat. “I just wanted to make sure that you go to this event with someone. Hyomin is staying home so she suggested Victoria, is that alright with you?”

 

“It’s…fine. Why can’t you take me yourself, Captain Park?” Sunghee then took the time to notice the captain’s appearance, her body began to heat up from the form fitting uniform.

 

“Security set-up, otherwise I would be more than happy to you.” Gyuri grinned when she caught Sunghee staring at her body. “My eyes are up here Sungja~”

 

Sunghee’s eyes shot up to meet the captain’s, confusion etched all over her features. “Who are you and what the hell have you done to Gyuri?”

 

The older woman pouted again and Sunghee had to fight the strange urge to kiss it away. “I’m perfectly fine, you’re the one who’s acting weird. I should ask you where you hid my Sungja.”

 

This is weird, what happened to her being so cold to me? Crazy vampire. “Isn’t it time for you to leave?”

 

Gyuri checked her watch, frowning at it before rising up from her kneeling position to lean over Sunghee. “I’ll see you later sleeping beauty.”

 

Sunghee was unsure of what the captain would do next. Thankfully, all she did was give her a light peck on the forehead before sauntering out of the doorway. “Stupid, crazy vampire.”

 

In the living room, grabbing her jacket, Gyuri pouted. “I am not crazy…or stupid…or a vampire!”
 

**

 

Zin stood outside of her former captain’s office, inside she could see all of her former squad members, sans Jiyeon, preparing for the night. The captain still hadn’t appeared, leaving her to awkwardly stand outside of the door.

 

The door opened, Luna on the other side of it grabbing onto her and pulling her inside. “Look who I found!”

 

Zin awkwardly smiled at everyone who jumped out of their seats to hug her, even Jessica joined in the celebration. “Long time no see mini-me.”

 

The officer scoffed, a bright smile now on her features, “the only mini one here is you.”

 

Jessica focused her attention elsewhere, muttering to herself about height not mattering. The rest of the squad members took the opportunity to latch onto Zin from all sides, almost taking her down to the floor.

 

“Alright, alright everyone off of the poor kid.” Zin exhaled in relief, Gyuri had come to her rescue once again. “Everyone get your radios on and roll out.”

 

Zin stayed behind after everyone had done as directed, knowing that she’d be with Gyuri the whole night. The captain handed her a radio which she attached to her hip immediately, putting the ear bud into her ear with the microphone dangling near her cheek.

 

“We’ll be on the second floor, watching over everyone. You know what to look for.” Gyuri instructed as she set up her own radio, mind completely focused on the safety of Sunghee rather than the rest of the guests, but that was why Zin was there. “It’s good to have you back, at least for tonight.”

 

“It’s good to be back.” Zin sighed, the two then wordlessly left to the venue, both thinking of their loved one.
 

**

 

Guests had started to flow in at a much smaller rate, signaling the mayor to make her place on the main stage behind the podium placed specifically for herself. Boa stood behind the podium, all eyes were on her even though there was no announcement made that she would be speaking. She looked up to the balcony level where Gyuri nodded down at her.

 

She saw Zin standing next to the captain, her eyes then traveled across the crowd, searching for the face of the youngest guest. She smiled to herself when she saw Janey staring back at her.

 

“I’d like to start off by saying thank you all for coming tonight. It means a lot to me when my young constituents take an interest in politics.” She paused to see the grimaces on the audience’s faces as she spoke, “I’m just messing with all of you. While I do appreciate your interest, that’s not what tonight is about. Tonight is about youth. How it slips by so quickly that you barely had time to value it. Everyone is so caught up in achieving success that they forget about the important things in life; family, friends, love.  Tonight is an escape from all of your responsibilities. Have fun, be safe. Don’t waste your life trying to buy your happiness, it doesn’t come that way. I would know. Even though I have it all, the job, the house, the wealth, it hasn’t been my key motivation. What I’m trying to say here is to live for yourself and not for a number. Have a nice time tonight.”

 

Applause erupted in the ballroom, Boa found her way up the stairs to the balcony after leaving the stage. “How did I do?”

 

“Awesome!” Zin ran up to the mayor and wrapped her arms tightly around the woman.

 

“You always find something new to inspire the kids with.” Gyuri smiled encouragingly at the woman.

 

Boa was slightly taken aback by the sudden change in demeanor from the captain. The mayor assumed it had something to do with that woman from the diner that long time ago. Before she could interrogate the captain, her phone buzzed from her small handbag.

 

She stared at the screen in confusion, it was from her assistant. Something urgent came up, you’re needed at the office ASAP. I’ll be waiting.

 

The mayor frowned, upset that she wouldn’t be able to stay. She said brief goodbyes to the two before leaving for her office that was only a few blocks down the street.


 

**

 

Jessica sighed for the thousandth time that night, why did she have to get stuck with the most boring location? She was so bored that she had started counting the bricks on the wall opposite of her, she wasn’t even halfway and she was at two thousand one hundred and thirty-seven. She was so bored that she actually wanted the agent to come and spare her of her misery by adding more misery.

 

As if looking out for her, the devil had summoned Tiffany before her. The younger woman had climbed down the fire escape ladder of the building that Jessica had been counting bricks on, forcing her to lose her place.

 

“You look bored.” Tiffany said as she leaned against the wall opposite of the lieutenant.

 

“What gave it away?” Jessica deadpanned, secretly ecstatic that she had someone to talk to. Her microphone had been off the entire time since she had started to count out loud, she didn’t want to disturb the others.

 

“Well I’m here now, no need to be bored.” Jessica half-smiled at her.

 

“I don’t know, I think the bricks were more exciting.” Tiffany laughed at the older woman’s response.

 

“Fair enough, I’m bored. Ana never showed up, Jinri is inside, Jinah is busy with her girlfriend and Minho doesn’t do field work.” Tiffany admitted, Jessica had only recognized one of the names mentioned.

 

“Who’s Jinri and Jinah?” The lieutenant inquired, something the agent had hoped she would do.

 

“Jinri is to Soojung as I am to you. Jinah is Minho’s assistant in the field, also I’m fairly certain she’s my babysitter.” Tiffany pouted at the last part, unsure why she needed a babysitter.

 

“Does Krystal know she has a creepy stalker who’s in love with her and will do whatever she says like a whipped puppy?” Jessica worried for her sister, also for Sulli, whoever Jinri was could be trouble for her sister’s relationship.

 

Tiffany scoffed. “I am not whipped and I will not do whatever you say!”

 

“Kiss me.” Jessica commanded, a self-satisfied smirk on her lips.

 

The agent’s eyes widened, a pout forming on her features. “That’s cheating.”

 

“Are you going to kiss me or not?” Jessica knew this was a bad idea, but she was bored and it was better than counting bricks.

 

“No.” Tiffany crossed her arms and looked away, “but you can kiss me.”

 

The lieutenant was taken aback, amazed that the younger woman could resist when the desire to take action was evident in her eyes. Jessica matched the agent’s actions. “No.”

 

“Fine then. There’s a group of kidnappers here, they’re after a Byun Janey and they’re on their way to cutting the power.” Tiffany deflected the conversation.

 

Jessica’s eyes widened, her hand shooting to her radio, turning the microphone back on. “Hey Kim, there’s a group of kidnappers headed to your location. They’re here for Byun Janey and they’re going to sever the power. Find them now.”

 

She turned the radio back off, “how did you know that?”

 

Jessica didn’t hear a response, she looked up to see that the agent was gone. She heard a whistling above her, she tilted her head up to see Tiffany motioning for her to follow her up the fire escape.

 

The lieutenant muttered curses to herself as she ascended the ladder to the roof. Once atop the roof she could see a blanket splayed on the gravel with a basket in the middle. “How did you do this?”

 

“I was bored.” Tiffany sat down on one side of the basket and patted the space next to her, without thinking Jessica plopped down next to the agent.

 

“You didn’t cook this did you?” Jessica questioned warily, knowing of their shared cooking skills.

 

“I don’t want to die either.” Tiffany smiled at the woman, thinking the same thing.

 

Before Jessica could think of the consequences, she leaned over and kissed the agent. Tiffany was taken by surprise, eyes widening and then closing as the initial shock faded. The lieutenant ended the kiss much too soon for Tiffany’s liking.

 

The older woman held onto Tiffany’s arms, falling onto her back, and taking the agent with her. Jessica looked up into the surprised agent’s eyes, once the shock faded, all she could see was love. “Agent Hwang, show me how much you love me.”

 

Tears pricked at said woman’s eyes, she nodded and connected their lips again. Their food lay forgotten for the rest of the night, moans mixing with the sounds of the city around them. Jessica’s last conscious thought was: Much better than counting bricks.

 

**

 

Zin shook Gyuri’s shoulders, an overwhelming level of rage consuming her. “Why the hell is she here?! Find her now!”

 

Gyuri blinked several times before turning off the officer’s microphone so that her incessant shouting wouldn’t distract Hyuna in apprehending the kidnappers. She found her phone and dialed Dani’s number, hoping that the girl would answer.

 

Captain?”

 

“Dani, where is Janey?” Gyuri had the call on speaker so that Zin could hear.

 

“Her bodyguard took her to one of the suite rooms.” Gyuri turned to gauge Zin’s reaction but the officer was gone, more than likely on her way to the location.

 

“Don’t panic but the lights are going to go out, someone is trying to kidnap Janey and they’re going to use that as a distraction to get her out. Zin is already on her way to find her. Just stay calm and you’ll be fine kid.” Gyuri didn’t wait for a response before ending the call and following after Zin.

 

Zin entered the hallway containing the suite rooms, there were four on each side. Adrenaline coursed through her, causing her to irrationally kick down the doors to see if the girl was inside. After knocking down four of the doors, the door at the end of the hallway opened to reveal a bulky man in a suit, a bodyguard.

 

The two made eye contact briefly before Zin charged at him, he closed the door in time but didn’t get far enough from the door before the officer kicked it down. The door flew off of its hinges and hit him square in the back. “That’s for trying to kidnap my girlfriend!”

 

Janey had been instructed to hide behind the wall, but upon hearing the officer’s voice she hopped over the man’s unconscious body and into Zin’s arms. “I miss you so much.” The girl sobbed into Zin’s neck.

 

“I miss you too. I need to get you out of here before his friends show up.” Zin’s protective instincts took over as she removed the girl from around her and laced their fingers together, pulling her out of the door and to the nearest exit.

 

They had rounded a corner when the lights went out, Janey attached to the officer’s arm like a vice. Zin reached behind her back for her flashlight, flicking it on and shining it in Janey’s direction. “Don’t worry, I’ll protect you from anything.”

 

Janey nodded and loosened her hold on the officer’s arm. “We’re almost there, the door is just up ahead.”

 

Zin carefully cleared the hallway down to the exit into the alleyway where Jessica was stationed. She kicked the door open, hoping not to startle the lieutenant, but the older woman was nowhere to be found.

 

Before she could fully process why the lieutenant wasn’t at her post, she was spun around, arms encircling her neck. Janey pulled her down into a much needed kiss that she returned eagerly.

 

They were broken apart by the sound of someone clearing their throat, Zin standing in front of Janey instinctively.

 

“Here’s what’s going to happen: I’m going to pretend I never saw the two of you here together and had no idea where either of you were for the next three hours. Are we clear?” Gyuri had to fight the smile on her lips, joy seeping through her at the ability to aid the forbidden lovers in any way.

 

The two beamed at her, Janey shouting thank you at her multiple times as she dragged Zin away.

 

Once the two had vanished from sight, Gyuri felt like her heart sunk from her chest to her abdomen. Only one thing was on her mind, Sunghee in danger.
 

**

 

Hyomin sighed to herself, knowing this was a bad idea. She could see Jiyeon through the window, asleep with her head facing away from the window. She couldn’t see the damage that Lee Hyukjae did to the young sergeant.

 

Disregarding her apprehension, she entered the room, pulling a chair up to the side of Jiyeon’s bed. The side that allowed for Hyomin to be spared from looking at the damaged features of the beaten sergeant. She took the woman’s cold hand into both of her own, warming it with contact.

 

“You know, when Gyuri called me and blamed me for you being in here, I told her that you said you hate me. She laughed, in the hospital waiting room. It makes me believe that you really were lying when you said what you did.”

 

Tears had started to fall down Hyomin’s cheeks. “Why did you say it?”

 

Hyomin was too distracted by her pain to feel the twitch of the hand between her own. “Why did you lie to me?”

 

“Hurts…”

 

“Yeah it hurts. It hurts me to see you in here like this. It hurts to know you didn’t even fight back. Why didn’t you fight back?!” Hyomin was too lost to even notice that the younger woman had woken up.

 

“Deserved it…” Jiyeon choked out, her entire face was in pain, enough pain that the wound in her shoulder felt like nothing.

 

The athlete’s eyes widened as she realized that the second voice was not her own. Jiyeon made a weak attempt at removing her hand from Hyomin’s hold, the older wouldn’t allow her to. “Why…are you…here?”

 

Hyomin let out a soft laugh as she briefly looked to the ceiling. “I don’t know. Maybe I feel responsible, maybe I want answers.”

 

Jiyeon wanted nothing more than to take away the pain she could see in the older woman’s eyes. Before she could respond to Hyomin, the nurse had entered.

 

“You’re awake?” Lizzy said a little too enthusiastically. Hyomin could smell a mixture of scents coming off of the woman. How she could smell them, she’d never know. Lizzy turned her focus to Hyomin, having never seen the athlete before. “Are you family?”

 

“I’m her girlfriend.” Hyomin answered with so much conviction that even Jiyeon was convinced. More blood rushed to her cheeks, giving the dark purple a backdrop of pink.

 

A wave of sweet aromas assaulted Hyomin’s senses, confusion etched into her eyes that Lizzy noticed had started to flash between brown and light grey, never settling on a color. Ignoring the strange development, the nurse poured a cup of water and took out a set of pills for the young sergeant.

 

“How long will she be here?” Hyomin asked the nurse as she assisted Jiyeon in taking the pain medication.

 

Lizzy never turned her attention away from Jiyeon, “The doctor wants to keep her here for several weeks, there was a lot of head trauma and he wants to be sure that nothing goes wrong.”

 

Hyomin nodded and held on tighter to the sergeant’s hand, fighting back the strange urge to snarl at the nurse for being so close to Jiyeon with a smile on her face. Once the nurse and Jiyeon had more distance between them, her hold lessened and her eyes flashed from brown to light grey one last time before settling on light grey.

 

Lizzy disregarded the glare she was receiving, too happy that her girlfriend had just visited her and that her patient woke up. She informed Jiyeon that if she needed anything just press the switch by her hand.

 

Jiyeon groaned once the nurse was gone. She didn’t want to stay in the hospital bed for several weeks, Hyomin read the groan as pain.

 

“Does it hurt? I can get you stronger medication if you need it. I know some people.” Hyomin spewed out, her desire to alleviate any pain the younger woman was in became the only priority in her mind.

 

“I’m fine.” Jiyeon answered quickly, processing the information that Hyomin had shot at her. “Did you just offer to get me illegal drugs?”

 

Hyomin let out a sheepish smile, melting Jiyeon’s heart and dissipating any of the pain she felt. “Thank you for offering but I’m going to pretend I never heard you say that.”

 

The athlete nodded in agreement, unsure why she even suggested it. Hyomin checked the clock on the wall opposite of her, mentally cursing herself. “I need to go, Gyuri will kill me if I’m not home. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

 

Despite the pain, Jiyeon smiled at Hyomin like a small child in a candy store. Hyomin grinned back and kissed the back of Jiyeon’s hand, her desired location would more than likely bring the younger woman pain and she wanted to avoid that.

 

Hyomin left the room, the sweet scent fading into the dreadful odor of hospitals, only it was much stronger than she remembered it being.

 

Jiyeon’s smile fell once Hyomin was out of the room. She was happy that the older woman came to visit her, but she still felt horrible for what she did. She still felt that she deserved the beating she did, but she decided to keep that information to herself since Hyomin had been too distracted by her awakening to notice.

 

**

 

Gayoon had been miserable since returning from their first overseas game. Jihyun had to force her out of the house that night, telling her that she needs to talk to her ex-fiancée and that nothing would ever be resolved from moping in bed all day.

 

That was how she found herself at this ball that the mayor hosted every year, only this time, Hyuna was assigned to security detail. The young detective never told her where she was assigned to before they had broken up. Gayoon wasn’t even sure if they had broken up since the younger woman refused to speak to her, she had already changed the locks to their house.

 

She had shown up to the venue several hours late, the time mostly spent debating with herself whether or not she could face the detective. The first person she saw upon arriving was Sergeant Kwon, standing outside of the door. She seemed bored now that everyone had arrived.

 

“Yuri, where is Hyuna?” Gayoon asked as she approached the sergeant.

 

“I don’t want to see her, don’t tell her where I am Kwon.”  Yuri heard the sought after detective interrupt her thoughts.

 

Seeing the distressed look on the athlete’s face she wordlessly pulled out her map of the venue, pointing to the detective’s location. “I don’t know where she is.”

 

Gayoon looked at her skeptically, then she noticed the microphone by Yuri’s mouth. She nodded her thanks before entering the main area.

 

The first thing she did was find a glass of liquid courage that was floating around on trays. She took the glass of champagne from one of the servers, downing it instantly and placing it back on the tray. Thinking better of taking another glass, she forced her feet to move to the exit that Hyuna was located near.

 

She had found the detective around the corner from her current position, hiding behind the wall. Gayoon took several deep breaths before turning the corner and sliding up to Hyuna. The detective looked relaxed, hunched over slightly, her sunglasses hiding her eyes from sight. Knowing the younger woman for as long as she did, she knew the detective was asleep.

 

A small smile formed on her features as she positioned herself behind Hyuna, taking her into her arms. All tension from the young detective faded once she was in the arms of the athlete. “I miss you wifey.”

 

Hyuna jumped out of the woman’s arms, putting a good amount of distance between them and turning off her microphone. “What part of ‘I don’t want to talk to you ever again’ translates to ‘yes come talk to me all of the time’?”

 

“We need to talk, you can’t ignore me forever.” Gayoon sounded pathetic and she knew it.

 

“No, we don’t need to talk and I was doing a pretty good job of ignoring you before. Let’s go back to that.” Hyuna shot back, crossing her arms over her chest and stepping even further away from the athlete.

 

“Kim Hyuna, I love you. What I did was wrong and I know it,” Hyuna interrupted with an indignant snort, “I’m not even certain that anything happened, all I know is that I don’t want to be with anyone but you.”

 

Hyuna didn’t say anything, she hated her inability to stay mad at the woman. She also had too much respect for herself to take the woman back after she cheated on her.

 

“Hey Kim, there’s a group of kidnappers headed to your location. They’re here for Byun Janey and they’re going to sever the power. Find them now.”

 

The detective panicked, if she had heard right, then she had to get Gayoon to safety, but there was no safety except with her. Hyuna took one of the athlete’s hands in her own, making sure not to entwine their fingers, that’d be too intimate. Her other hand pulled out her gun, wordlessly she dragged a confused and scared Gayoon through the hallway, trying to find a room that the woman could stay in while she apprehended the kidnappers.

 

Hyuna cringed when she heard Zin shouting frantically about Janey, thankfully someone turned the officer’s microphone off. “Baby what’s happening?”

 

Finding a small service closet, Hyuna opened the door and shoved Gayoon inside. She knew she was putting the older woman at risk by dragging her with her. “Stay in here, lock the door, don’t open the door for anyone but me. You remember the password right?”

 

Gayoon nodded and took the detective’s face into her hands, crashing their lips together. “Be careful, you’re the only one I’ll ever make the password a reality with. Don’t be a hero.”

 

Hyuna nodded, a small blush on her features. Once Hyuna was out of sight, Gayoon closed the door and locked it as told, all she could do now was hope and wait that her love would come back to her.

 

The detective easily found the power room, inside were a group of what appeared to be teenage boys. They appeared to be unarmed except for one, the leader she assumed, who carried a small switchblade. Clearly he had never learned the phrase “don’t bring a knife to a gun fight”.

 

The boys hadn’t noticed her presence, a good thing for dispatching them quickly. One was working on the power lines while four others were scattered about the room. The leader seemed to be the easiest to take out since he was shaking with the little switchblade in his hand.

 

Hyuna snuck behind him and tapped him on the shoulder, moving to the opposite side that he turned then tapped him again doing the same motion. Eventually he turned around and his face met with the of the detective’s gun. She grabbed his shoulders as he fell to the ground, she didn’t want to draw attention to herself just yet.

 

The other three went down easily, a simple hit to the back of the head did them in.

 

“Alright I’m cutting the power, you guys can go get the package from the guard now.” The last one remaining said over his shoulder, not waiting for a confirmation to turn the power off.

 

Hyuna cursed to herself, she was going to have hell to pay for later. She found her flashlight, flicking it on in the direction of the boy. “Hey kid, turn the lights back on and I promise not to hit you too hard.”

 

The boy screeched at the top of his lungs. “Boss! Where are you?!”

 

“He’s out cold, probably has a broken nose too. Are you gonna turn the lights back on or not?” Hyuna approached the boy who stared into the light like a trapped deer.

 

“I-uh-yes ma’am. It’s going to take some time, and I’ll need your light.” Hyuna flashed the light at the boy and the power lines.

 

“Hurry up, I got an ex-girlfriend to go deal with.” The boy nodded fervently, keeping his erted comments to himself.

 

After ten minutes he managed to turn the power back on. Hyuna turned her radio back on, “There are five boys in the power room, four are unconscious and the fifth was more cooperative than the others. Can someone come get them please?”

 

Within moments several officers entered the room and took the boys into custody, the four unconscious boys went into ambulances accompanied by uniformed officers.

 

Hyuna thanked the officers and skipped off to the service closet she had left Gayoon in. She stood outside of the door, recomposing herself, she would not forgive the older woman that easily and she would not let the thrill of her job get her over excited. She channeled her best Captain Park persona, cold seeping through her bones.

 

She took a deep breath before uttering the password: “Kim Hyemi.”

 

The door flung open, arms were immediately around her waist. Keeping the icy persona, she left her hands at her side. “Heo Hyemi.”

 

“This doesn’t change anything. You betrayed my trust and that’s the most important part of a relationship. I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to forgive you so you might as well go date Jiyoon like the rest of the world wants.” Hyuna stared away from Gayoon, being cold to her was much harder than she thought.

 

“I don’t care what the world wants, I only want you.” Gayoon tried to get the younger woman to look her in the eyes, she would not.

 

“You should have thought of that before you cheated on me, with her of all people.” With that final remark, Hyuna left to return to her original post, ignoring everything that was said to her for the rest of the night.  

 

**

 

It was dark inside her office, strange considering her assistant had told her that she would be waiting inside. The light coming from the window allowed her to see a dark shadow near her desk.

 

“You shouldn’t walk alone at night. It’s not safe.” The shadow approached her slowly, cautiously.

 

Boa knew the voice, she’d recognize it anywhere. “Where’s Min? What have you done to her?”

 

The shadow chuckled, the distance between them grew shorter and shorter. Boa took steps back, afraid of the shadow, this was a much different scenario than when the other woman would visit her at night. “Your assistant was never here, there’s no need to be afraid of me.”

 

Boa didn’t listen, she matched the shadow step for step until her back hit the wall. The light switch was to her right, her hand reached out to flick it on, but the shadow gripped her wrist and held it above her head. “Before that there’s something I want to do.”

 

The mayor tensed, expecting the worst, her tension grew when she felt soft lips on her own. After the initial shock, she relaxed into the kiss, even going as far as to sling her arm around the slightly taller woman’s neck, pulling them closer together.

 

Ana pulled away, resting her forehead against the other woman’s. “No matter what happens, I love you Kwon Boa.”

 

“I love you, too.” Boa tried to reconnect their lips, but she was met with the skin of the woman’s cheek.

 

Rather than explain her actions, Ana the light, allowing the light to reveal the truth. Boa let out a loud gasp as she looked at the hardened features of the other woman’s face, a face identical to her own. “Who are you?”

 

Ana let out a melancholic laugh as she looked at anywhere but Boa, not wanting to see the look of confusion and hurt that marked the woman’s face, Ana assumed the woman would be horrified, but she wasn’t. “Kwon Ana. We’re twins, separated at birth. Our parents could only let one of us live with the Parks, they chose you. I’m not bitter about it either, you’re the older of us so they wanted to look after the baby.”

 

“This whole time…you knew and yet you kept coming night after night?!” Boa was frustrated, frustrated with herself for having these betraying feelings for her sister, her twin sister.

 

“I couldn’t stay away. I tried.” Ana stood in front of the window, letting the moon hit her hardened features. “But that’s not why I’m here.”

 

Boa crossed her arms over her chest, looking away from the familiar figure. “Then why are you here? To toy with me?”

 

The assassin let out another halfhearted laugh. “If I wanted to toy with you, you’d be on top of the desk writhing in ecstasy.”

 

Boa began stuttering, internally cursing herself for the arousal she felt. “O-okay t-then why?”

 

Ana turned to look at the mayor, a genuine smile gracing her lips as she looked at the blushing woman. “Why do I not have you pinned on top of your desk or why am I here?”

 

The mayor’s face turned bright red as she put as much distance between herself and her desk as possible. “Choi Siwon, what do you know about him?”

 

Ana scanned the other woman’s face for any sign of recognition, there was none. Without waiting for a response to confirm her suspicion she asked, “who else has access to your government account?”

 

“The only one who knows my password is me.” Boa warily looked at her sister, still unsure of who this woman was and what she was doing in her office of all places.

 

“Not even Sunyoung?” Boa’s eyes shot over to the woman, a harsh, protective glare aimed at Ana. That was all of the confirmation that Ana needed. She pulled out her phone from her back pocket, Boa’s eyes following the motion.

 

It was then that Boa noticed the small arsenal attached to the woman’s hip, a small gun on one side and a combat knife on the other. She finally understood what her adopted parents meant by ‘dangerous people’ when referring to her biological parents. “Sir, Mayor Kwon has no knowledge of Choi. The information was accessed by Luna and by association Captain Park.”

 

Before he could respond, Ana had ended the call. “Who are you?”

 

The question caught Ana off-guard. “That’s none of your concern.”

 

“It is my concern when it involves my best friend and my daughter!” A fire burned inside of the mayor, giving her the courage to stand in the face of the other woman.

 

“All that matters is that you are safe. What I do in order to keep it that way is irrelevant. I-I’ll see you later.” Ana turned to leave, but a hand gripped onto her wrist tightly, pulling her back.

 

Boa didn’t know what came over her, she didn’t know why she pulled the woman back into her, crashing their lips together. All she knew was that it felt right, and she knew it was wrong, but she didn’t care. Nothing could erase the years of feelings for the shadow in the night. After a few seconds, she pushed the stunned woman away from her. “I don’t like sleeping alone.”

 

Ana blushed furiously, her knees grew weak from the intimidating side of the woman. “And don’t even think about leaving before I wake up.”

 

The assassin whimpered, her body betraying her. Boa intensified her glare knowing full well what it was doing to the other woman. “I-is there anything else?”

 

A self-satisfied smirk found its way onto Boa’s lips. “Fix my security system, you broke it now you have to fix it.”

 

Ana nodded and ran out of the door, faster than she should have, down several flights of stairs out to the alleyway and into her car. Once inside, she curled into a ball, the wave of feelings coursing through her making her immobile. Her arousal and joy mixed in her stomach to form the most uncomfortable pain she had ever felt in her life, worse than any form of torture she’d ever taken.

 

In all of her years she never would have guessed that she had a thing for authority.
 

**

 

After Zin and Janey had left, Gyuri moved on instinct alone, finding and securing Sunghee was her top priority. She ran through the darkness, following the only scent that stuck out to her. Everyone but her smelled the same and at this point in time, the captain didn’t care why.

 

She didn’t even care that the supposed darkness, wasn’t as dark as she assumed it would be. She could see everything perfectly fine. Her body moved faster than it ever had before, within moments she found herself outside of a door much similar to the ones in the hallway that Zin had found Janey in.

 

She could hear a man’s voice on the other side, along with a much stronger concentration of Sunghee’s scent. Without hesitation she kicked the door down, not even bothering to check if it was locked or not.

 

Both occupants looked over at the intruder, all they could see was a set of cold, cobalt eyes that quickly morphed into red. Within seconds the intruder was between them, glare set firmly on the man. “If you want to live, leave now. If not, I will not hesitate to rip you apart.”

 

A sadistic and animalistic smirk settled onto Gyuri’s features as the man ran away like a scared little schoolboy. Sunghee tried to follow after him, hoping that Gyuri wouldn’t notice her. She thought she was in the clear when she didn’t see the woman’s shadow move.

 

“Where do you think you’re going? I’m not done with you.” Sunghee froze in place from the deadly venom seeping from the captain’s voice.

 

Before the younger woman could process any of the captain’s words, she was pressed tightly against the wall, with no room to breathe. Struggling against the fierce hold of the shorter woman was a pointless effort, but she didn’t stop fighting. “After everything I do for you, this is how you treat me? Did you even know his name?”

 

Sunghee could barely breathe, let alone form words. She knew she should have stayed with Victoria, the man was nice and she needed to take her mind off of her captor, but she knew better. Silence was the wrong answer. “You belong to me Sungja, to me and no one else. It’s about time that you learn that.”

 

The younger woman could feel the searing hot breath that left the captain’s lips as it trailed down her neck. Fear coursed through her, she felt a hitch in Gyuri’s breathing. “Are you afraid?”

 

Sunghee nodded fervently, the only response she could manage. The captain made a cooing noise at her, making her feel like an ant beneath a magnifying glass. “You shouldn’t be –god you smell so good. After I take you, you won’t be able to stay away from me. I’ll be the only one you’ll want –I wonder if you taste as delicious as you smell.”

 

The woman whimpered as she felt a sharp pain above her clavicle. It felt like something was consuming her, she could feel Gyuri moan against the bone, sending vibrations throughout her body. The pain hadn’t ceased, her body jerked against the shorter woman, trying to push her off to no avail. Her hands held onto the captain’s face, pushing against her with all of the strength she could manage in that moment.

 

Light returned to the room, startling Gyuri enough for Sunghee to be able to push her off. The captain fell to the floor, unmoving. On instinct, she bent over the unmoving body, opening the captain’s eyelid to see a distant look on eyes that faded from bright red to light grey as they had been when she had last seen the woman.

 

Feeling liquid on her chest, she brought her hand up to investigate. She removed the hand from the warm substance only to see that it was blood, her blood. She looked down at the unconscious form of Gyuri, seeing a similar tint of red on her lips.

 

Sunghee lifted the woman’s limp body to her chest, the unconscious captain nestled into her, allowing a sigh of relief to pass over Sunghee. She should have been terrified and running for her life, but all she wanted was to take care of the unconscious captain and make sure she was comfortable in her sleep.

 

The woman spent what felt like hours just staring down at the angelic features of the goddess in her arms. She could hear faint voices coming from the woman, it was then that she noticed the radio attached to the captain’s hip with a wire leading up to her ear. She removed the earpiece and put it in her own ear.

 

“Captain, where the hell are you?”

 

The voice was unfamiliar to Sunghee but since they addressed her Gyuri by title she assumed it was okay to answer. “She’s incapacitated right now, I don’t know when she’ll wake up so I’m going to take her home.”

 

“Who are you? What is your location?”

 

“I’m her girlfriend and I told you I’m taking her home.” Sunghee growled into the microphone and ripped it from her ear. A metallic glint caught her eye, it was her engagement ring. Anger passed through her, she yanked it off of her finger and threw it across the room, hitting the wall.

 

The younger woman turned her attention to the unconscious woman, gently patting her cheek in hopes to rouse her from her sleep. “Gyul, baby wake up.”

 

Gyuri remained in her state. Sunghee sighed, getting up, feeling slightly lightheaded from losing fluid from her body. Thanking her years of carrying trays of food, she pulled Gyuri up against her and slung her on her back, dragging her out of the door and to the nearest exit.

 

She hailed a cab and maneuvered the unconscious captain into the cab, following after. The ride was spent holding Gyuri to her, feeling her warm breath hit her chest at a steady pace, letting her know that the captain was still alive. She paid the driver but he had stepped out to assist her with the captain, knowing who it was, saying that he was simply paying back a favor that he owed her.

 

Thankfully, he hadn’t noticed the blood on her chest, she wore a black dress that night so it wouldn’t be that visible. She opened the door and he followed her inside into the captain’s room, depositing her on the bed. He left after that, back to the venue to earn his wage.

 

Sunghee removed her dress, not bothering with going to her own room, she found a long t-shirt in Gyuri’s closet and threw it over her head, the dried blood on her chest was a distant worry. She removed the captain’s tie, tossing it to the floor by her dress.

 

Her fingers made swift work of the buttons of Gyuri’s uniform, she already had a white t-shirt on underneath the blazer. Sunghee unclasped the woman’s belt, ing the pants beneath and sliding them along the smooth expanse of the captain’s legs. She wanted nothing more than to caress the smooth thighs, but she wanted the older woman to be conscious for such things.

 

Sunghee climbed into bed next to the woman, entangling their limbs and making sure that Gyuri’s head rested against her chest. Her heartbeat had a calming effect on the older. She pulled the blanket up to wrap around the both of them. “Sleep well, baby vampire.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AN: Yeah das rite crazy happened this chapter like holy damn author what drugs are you on(Tylenol with codeine). I REGRET NOTHING EITHER BECAUSE THAT MEANS THE PLOT CAN MOVE ON FASTER THAN BEFORE AND YES GYURI AND HYOMIN GONN BE VAMPIRES MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Also hints at something in the sequel occurred here. Imma try and finish this nice and quick for y’all. Not too much has to happen yet no wait that’s a lie no it’s a lie within a lie. Hmm I can probably get it done within 20 or so chapters…maybe 15 if I be a good girl and don’t get sidetracked. ALL OF THE HAPPY BECAUSE OF ALL OF THE DRUGS I FEEL NICE NOW YOU GUYS

 

also don't ask me about that strange speech there yeah don't ask never ask all i will tell you is drugs