Recovering

A Sick Game Called 'Love'

AN: Soon...

 

Gayoon had stayed awake as long as she could, falling asleep after an hour that Hyuna was gone. She was rudely awoken to the sounds of many stretchers screeching back and forth on the floor, frantic voices yelling after the doctors.

 

About half an hour after that, there was a knock at her door. She turned her attention that way, finding Hyuna with a grin on her face and her arm in a sling while her shoulder was bandaged up.

 

“What happened?” Gayoon tried sitting up but found it impossible, her worry etched on her face.

 

“Got shot in the shoulder, no biggie.” Hyuna pulled a chair up to Gayoon’s bedside.

 

“Hell yes it’s a ‘biggie’! You could have been killed! Where were you?!” Hyuna held her hand, trying to calm her down, but she was too frantic.

 

“But I wasn’t killed, so it’s fine. I think it’s time I retire from the police force and start the Heo Ice Cream Empire. Has a nice ring to it, don’tcha think?” Gayoon’s worry finally calmed upon hearing her family name.

 

“So you finally came around to being Heo Hyuna?” A grin on her lips as she saw the blush on her fiancée’s cheeks.

 

“Maybe. Kim Gayoon doesn’t sound quite as nice as Heo Gayoon does.” Hyuna smiled at her, cheeks still pink.

 

Gayoon’s smile fell, “Does this mean you forgive me?”

 

The detective’s smile grew, “Before they took you to the hospital, Jiyoon told me that there’s nothing to forgive you for. You never cheated on me and I’m sorry that I ever doubted you.”

 

“I would have done the same, it’s okay, I forgive you. All that matters is that we have each other now and forever.” Gayoon grinned while Hyuna giggled at the elder’s cheesiness.

 

A loud clearing of a throat disrupted their moment, drawing their attention to the nurse that seemed to be the only nurse. “Kim Hyuna, your discharge papers are ready.”

 

“When will Gayoonie be released?” Hyuna took the clipboard from Lizzy, filling out the papers while she waited to hear from the nurse.

 

“I actually don’t know, since she just woke up today, the doctors need to look her over and see how her brain is doing. Park Jiyeon takes priority right now so I don’t know when Gayoon will be seen.” Hyuna nodded at Lizzy while Gayoon’s face conveyed her confusion. Lizzy took the finished papers from Hyuna and gave her a visitors pass before leaving.

 

“What happened to Jiyeon?” Gayoon asked as soon as Lizzy was gone and Hyuna’s attention was back on her.

 

“She got pretty beat up a couple weeks ago and had some huge head trauma and then today she aggravated her injury because she left the hospital without telling anyone. Hyomin was kidnapped and she couldn’t sit around and not do anything. I think Captain helped her escape because Captain’s girlfriend was taken too.” Hyuna remembered seeing the sergeant’s blood soaked bandages as Hyomin stared back at her, scared for not only her life but Jiyeon’s as well.

 

“I can definitely wait for Jiyeon to be taken care of,” Gayoon paused to take in a gulp of breath, “D-did anyone die?”

 

Hyuna’s eyes were downcast, answering the athlete’s question.

 

**

 

Yoona stood over Yuri’s sleeping form, a sharp glare pointed at her, willing her to wake up. A loud slam made her wince as the door hit the wall. “KWON YURI WAKE THE UP I HAVE WORDS FOR YOU!”

 

Yuri’s eyes shot awake, taking in her surroundings, seeing two very pissed looking people staring at her. Yoona glared while Sohyun seethed. “Kwon Yuri, how many times have I told you you’re not supposed to run into people’s fists, you avoid them.”

 

Yuri chuckled at her sister that quickly turned into a wince from her bruised ribs. “I didn’t run into his fist, though one of them did run into mine.”

 

“One of them?! Kwon Yuri how many were there?!” Yoona piped up, her angry worry turning into full blown worry.

 

“A few.” Yuri trailed off awkwardly, hoping the two wouldn’t pick up on it.

 

“And just how many is a few?” Sohyun crossed her arms, narrowing her eyes.

 

“Um, five. But Sulli came and helped!” Yuri hoped Sohyun would catch on to the name so that she could avoid further questioning.

 

“Sulli? As in my manager Sulli?” The youngest in the room pulled up a chair next to Yuri, almost knocking Yoona over.

 

“She’s like some secret agent and she came swooping in and we totally tag teamed those guys. They broke a couple of her ribs but other than that those guys are no longer with us since the building exploded like right after we got out of there and into an ambulance.” Yuri was pleased with herself for being able to distract her sister.

 

“That’s awesome I didn’t know Sulli was actually cool, I thought she just liked to leave practice early since she doesn’t do anything.” Sohyun analyzed all of her interactions with the agent, taking them in with a new light.

 

“Kwon Yuri, you’re clear to leave, I see you have some care takers.” Lizzy poked her head through the door.

 

“She’ll be coming home with me.” Yoona turned to the nurse, a fake smile on her lips.

 

“No, she’s going with me.” Sohyun stood from the chair, glaring at Yoona.

 

Lizzy left faster than Yoona could whip her head around to return the glare, she had more patients to deal with before she could go to home to her girlfriend.

 

“Both of you, quiet. I’m going home with Sohyun,” Yuri paused to glare at her sister before softening her gaze at Yoona, “Your father would kick me out on the street faster than you can blink. That reminds me, Yoona, we went into that warehouse to find Hyomin and Sunghee. Sunghee never made it out, along with Luna and Gyuri.”

 

Yoona stumbled, hand reaching out to grab onto something. She had just found her sister only to have her taken away.

 

**

 

Gyuri had awoken a few hours after her torture, finding her wounds completely healed. She could hear Sunghee’s heartbeat as if it were her own, she could smell her as if she was directly in front of her, she could taste her on her tongue. The addictive flavor invading her senses, she wanted nothing more than to taste it again.

 

She fought the urge, not wanting to hurt her again. Her body shook with need, Sunghee mistook it as her being cold, lifting her into her arms. Gyuri made her breaths short and quick, hoping to ignore the overpowering scent.

 

The door slowly opened, a man slipping inside quickly before closing the door, leaving it slightly open. “You have to leave quickly, before anyone sees me in here.”

 

He helped Sunghee lift Gyuri up, through her lidded eyes she looked at the man. “Who are you?”

 

“Henry Lau, here,” He handed Gyuri his gun and a knife, “Take this and get out of here, go right at every hallway until you get to a black door, that’s the exit, and run west where you’ll find the cave by the mayor’s house. Before you go can you knock me out, I don’t need to look suspicious.”

 

The captain gathered all the strength she had and hit Henry over the head, apologizing as she did so. Sunghee held Gyuri by the waist while she stumbled into the younger woman. Her brows were furrowed in pain as she fought her desire.

 

They followed his instructions to get outside, meeting no opposition. When they made it outside, Gyuri looked up to the sky, seeing that the sun was quickly setting, run west.

 

Gyuri followed the sun with Sunghee still at her side and holding her up. By the time night had fallen, the two had made it considerably deep into the woods, Gyuri collapsing onto the hard forest ground.

 

The younger flipped her over onto her back, lifting her eyelids to stare at the blue-grey eyes, her mind flashing back to the time in the hospital that Gyuri almost bit her. She mentally took note of color and Gyuri’s state, knowing what the woman needed but refused her body.

 

She sat Gyuri against a tree, taking the knife out of the woman’s pants. “Gyuri, wake up.”

 

The vampire blinked her eyes open, eyes widening as she took in the sight of Sunghee with the sharp edge of the knife to her wrist. “Stop!”

 

Gyuri grabbed for the knife but fell short when Sunghee pulled herself away. “Gyuri, you need it, I’m not going to watch you die when I can do something about it, so please, just take it.”

 

Her mind raced with the possibilities while her need grew stronger. After much debate, she tackled Sunghee onto her back, tossing the knife to the side while she removed the gauze covering the last bite mark. She it, enjoying the shuddering beneath her before sinking her teeth in.

 

Gyuri felt her energy return to her, the taste so heavenly she didn’t want to stop. She felt hands weakly pushing at her shoulders. Reality coming back to her as her teeth detached from Sunghee. Gyuri could hear the bushes rustling to the left, from where they had been. The woman stood up and took Sunghee with her, the younger slightly weaker than before.

 

“Take this and keep going west, I’ll be there soon okay?” Gyuri handed Sunghee the gun and pushed her to the west. Sunghee was too weak to protest as she stumbled, her body drained of what it needed most.

 

The captain waited for Siwon to arrive, she could hear his aggravated voice and smell his putrid scent. She didn’t wait long for him to appear, brandishing the assault rifle she had used earlier in the day.

 

“Did you really think you would make it far in your condition?” His condescending tone made Gyuri’s smirk grow bigger.

 

“What condition?” She was behind him in the flash of a second. He whipped the barrel of the gun around to hit her in the face only for her to catch it.

 

His eyes widened in fear, body releasing the foul odor, Gyuri’s nose wrinkled in disgust. “What the hell are you?!”

 

“A very pissed off big sister and girlfriend.” Her hand flashed in front of him, the next second he was on his back several feet away with his nose suddenly in pain. She had her foot resting on his chest like deadweight, red eyes boring deep into his own brown ones. “You’re lucky that Jiyeon wants a piece of you. Stay in that building until Jiyeon is ready to help me kill you, until then enjoy your short amount of time and leave my family alone. Understand?”

 

He nodded vehemently, coughing for air when the weight on his chest was gone along with the captain.