Hospital Scares

A Sick Game Called 'Love'

 

AN: I’m about to go to a city hall meeting with a friend to help with her environment class and so I’m leaving you all a present before I go. I’m halfway done with the next chapter too~

 

Hospital Scares

 

Yoona sat patiently by Yuri’s bedside, holding the older girl’s hand in her own rubbing the knuckles in an attempt to soothe her own pain. Yuri had been asleep since she got out of surgery, but that was 4 hours ago. Nurses had been in several times to check Yuri’s vitals, everything seemed fine but she just wouldn’t wake up.

 

Finally tired of waiting for Yuri to wake up, she climbed into the hospital bed resting her head in the crook of Yuri’s neck. She continued to hold Yuri’s hand crying herself to sleep as the cop continued to slumber.

 

The first thing Yuri was aware of was that she was high as a kite. Her mind tried replaying the past events that led to her current state landing on the painful truth that she had been stabbed in order to protect Yoona.

 

What was weird though was that she could smell the girl, she felt warm too, like someone was holding onto her entire side. Her neck felt wet too which was weird. She cracked her eyes open to investigate, the first thing she saw was a familiar mass of dark hair. She tried to move her arm but found that she couldn’t, it was trapped by the girl’s body and she could feel it numbing out.

 

I was only stabbed right? I need this arm, it’s my good one. She thought to herself as panic began to set in.

 

“Nice of you to join us Kwon.” An all too familiar cold voice spoke out. Her head whipped to the opposite side of Yoona where Jessica and Hyoyeon sat in the visitor chairs. “She’s been out since we got here.”

 

“Way to go idiot, at least you got the girl. But what the hell happened?” Hyoyeon chastised her best friend.

 

Yuri sighed as she looked at her superior and her best friend. “Well I went to work, and I guess Eros is finally making their move. Look out for people in white suits.”

 

Jessica let out a genuine laugh. “Kwon, relax. You’re in a hospital bed, there’s nothing you can do about it right now.”

 

Panic started to settle deep inside of Yuri, a cold sweat starting on her forehead. “Who’s going to watch over Yoona?”

 

“Calm down, sheesh. Probably the new kid.” Yuri grimaced, she didn’t want Luna and her charms anywhere near Yoona, but she didn’t really have much of a choice.

 

She felt a twitch along her arm as the warm body of Yoona stirred awake. Yuri diverted her attention from the other two to look down at the girl attached to her side. Yoona slid off of the bed, still holding onto Yuri’s hand and not looking to see that she was awake and watching her with a wide grin on her face.

 

“Oh thank god I can feel my arm.” Yoona’s head shot up as she looked at a very much awake and alive Kwon Yuri. Tears formed in her eyes as she nearly jumped on Yuri, hugging the life out of her. “And there goes my arm again.”

 

Yoona quickly removed herself from the appendage, she slapped the arm but Yuri didn’t feel a thing because of the pain killers. “What were you thinking you idiot?! You could’ve been killed.” The last part came out as a choked sob.

 

Yuri used her non-numb hand to cup the younger’s cheek and brush away the tears that were falling. “I was thinking that I needed to keep you safe.”

 

Yoona laughed and pressed her forehead against Yuri’s, “I can take care of myself.”

 

“Not the way that I can,” Yuri closed the gap between them in a soft, salty kiss.

   

After several moments a gagging noise coming from Lieutenant Jung startled them apart.

 

“Ugh I’m going to throw up.”

“I second that.”

 

“Gah don’t you two have your own love lives to mess with?” Yuri groaned as Yoona hid in the crook of her neck, beet red at being watched.

 

The other two occupants looked away and both mumbled out, “Don’t want to talk about it.”

 

Jessica turned back when an all too familiar sight appeared in her vision. Rather than dwelling on the past she stood up to go call the nurse. “Way to go genius, not even ten minutes and you’ve already ripped your stitches.”

 

Yoona pulled back and looked at the red that was seeping through her hospital attire. Horror set on her features as she pulled up the hospital shirt to look at the bandages that had blood seeping through them.

 

“If it makes you feel better, I can’t feel a thing.” Yuri tried her best at comforting the girl.  

 

It only made Yoona sob harder. “That means you wouldn’t feel yourself dying!”

 

“Relax, the idiot is too stubborn to die.” Hyoyeon spoke and drew Yoona’s attention to her. An elephant had just walked into the room. Yoona’s gaze hardened as she looked at her rival.

 

“Kim.” Yoona seethed with venom.

 

Hyoyeon simply shrugged, secretly thanking the nurse for coming in to re-stitch Yuri's wounds. Yoona watched impatiently with a worrisome expression. Yuri had four deep gashes in her abdomen, all in varying lengths and widths. The deeper ones reopened and were oozing out blood. Yuri was getting paler and paler, everything was becoming hazy and she was getting dizzy.

 

“She’s losing too much blood, at this rate she’s going to die! Someone call the doctor!” The nurse yelled to no one in particular.

 

Hyoyeon took off her jacket, thankful for wearing a tank top underneath. “We have the same blood type just hurry up!”

 

Yoona fell to her knees as she watched on in horror. The doctor ran in along with a nurse holding a transfusion kit. The nurse hooked the machine to Yuri and Hyoyeon, blood draining from Hyoyeon and flowing into Yuri while the doctor stitched the gashes back together.

 

Color slowly returned to Yuri, but drained from Hyoyeon. “You better live you little .” Was the last thing Hyoyeon said before losing consciousness.

 

“Rude.” Yuri quipped, the doctor had finished stitching up the wounds and was now attending to Hyoyeon. The nurse detached the tubes from both girls and hooked up an IV to Hyoyeon.

 

Jessica, watching in the corner took out her phone and called the office, hoping that someone was there.

 

**

 

Seohyun and Tiffany sat in silence when the other two had left. Tiffany was terrible at expressing her feelings, there was no way she could just admit her true feelings without giving up her cover. Director Jung would be displeased, she had been working this case for far too long to lose it now when she finally gave in to her emotions.

 

But she hated the emotions, it made everything so complicated. Why did she need to be raised to be so emotionally and socially inept? They had trained her to kill, to lie, to fight, to survive, and most importantly not to trust. But, she trusted Jessica, and it was because of those emotions. you emotions, no one asked for you.

 

During Tiffany’s internal monologue, she had left so that she wasn’t visible to anyone in the room but could still hear everything. Seohyun sat despondently, her distaste for Yonghwa growing as the seconds ticked by. you Yonghwa for ruining my one chance at happiness.

 

The door to the office opened revealing none other than the himself a smirk gracing his features. “Hello Seobaby~.”

 

“Get away from me.” Seohyun spat in disgust as he tried to kiss her cheek.

 

He grew angry by this, but thankfully he was above violence, he crossed his arms over his chest. “A month from now you and I are getting married. You will move in with me by the end of this week. And you will be happy about this. Are we clear?”

 

Seohyun gulped, is Hyoyeon really worth this suffering? I don’t know, don’t you care about your job and your family? Well yes I do, but dad really liked Hyo and so did Changy. What do you think would happen to her if word got out about her GED, she would lose everything. Are we really this selfless? Yes, yes we are.

 

But, she suddenly remembered something, Tiffany was still in the room. She could hear everything happening, she could help her. But why wasn’t she saying anything?

 

Seohyun nodded in response and flinched when she felt cool metal sliding along her ring finger. He then gave her a rough and forceful kiss to her tightly closed lips and left the room. Tiffany reappeared and took in the sight of the crying girl.

 

She hugged her and rubbed her back soothingly, at least she thought it was soothingly. “Fany, help me.”

 

“I’ll help you if you help me, alright?” Tiffany didn’t just want the arrangement to be one-sided, always work a deal in your favor, the voice of her mentor rang in her head.

 

Seohyun nodded, jumping away from Tiffany’s embrace when the office phone rang. Tiffany removed her arms from around Seohyun and answered the phone. “Hello?”

 

“Hospital. Now.”

 

Jessica ended the call before Tiffany could even ask why. Seohyun had calmed down enough to a soft whimper with the ability to walk normally. By the time the two reached the parking garage, they realized that they hadn’t driven to work.

 

Tiffany hailed a cab, gave the driver their destination, and turned to face Seohyun, a serious expression on her face. “Seo Joohyun, I’ve been in love with Jessica Jung since I was five. We’d never met before, but my,” a pause, “father, had a picture of her on his desk and I fell for her immediately. I’m with emotions and so I have no idea how to win her over.”

 

Seohyun wasn’t fazed by the odd story of how Tiffany fell for Jessica, instead, she found it endearing. “I think I’m falling for Hyoyeon, but Yonghwa is blackmailing me. He has information on Hyo that can’t go public or else she’ll be ruined. So now I have to do what he says in order to keep him quiet, and I guess we’re getting married in a month.”

 

The cab stopped outside of the hospital, Tiffany paid the driver and didn’t even bother with the change as the two girls braced themselves for what was waiting for them in the hospital.

 

**

 

In an abandoned office building, eight men sat at a conference table with another man standing at the helm of the table.

 

“Today we lost a brother, I do trust that Yesung will not betray us though. More importantly, we now can find the members of EPD working for those greedy bastards. You all know your targets, be sure to catch them without their assistants, we kill the rich not their protectors.”

 

The other eight men nodded solemnly, mourning the loss of their brother even though he is not dead.

 

“Wait!” The eight men halted, “Leave Captain Park to me.”

 

 

AN: Dun take advantage of my public good! Leave me a comment pretty please, I promise to love you all forever <3