Opportunities

A Sick Game Called 'Love'

AN: I’m sorry for taking eleventy billion years, I blame nine muses for my absence. If you go look at my stories you can see that there are 7 nine muses fics that I have along with feizy. But I’m on a roll with this and soon friends soon it shall all be complete.

 

 

 

 

Nana awoke to the smell of food being made, bacon, it smelled like bacon. Her hand reached under her pillow for her gun, finding it and sliding quietly out of bed.

 

She cracked open her door, wincing at the sound it made, thankful that the intruder didn’t notice since they continued humming. The agent slid along the wall until she reached the archway that lead into the kitchen. She peeked over the edge of the wall, releasing all tension when she saw a familiar head of light brown hair.

 

Discarding her gun quietly on the counter, she crept behind the intruder, turning off the stove burners before latching onto the woman’s waist and pulling their bodies together. “How did you get in my apartment?” The agent whispered into her girlfriend’s ear.

 

Lizzy’s cheeks turned red, her body absolutely rigid, “N-not telling.”

 

“Then it seems that I need to frisk you.” The nurse could feel the grin against the shell of her ear.

 

“I-I there’s nothing there!” Lizzy squeaked when teeth raked against her ear while a hand slipped between the waistband of her scrubs.

 

“Then,” Nana paused to press the length of her index finger against the damp patch of the nurse’s underwear, “I’ll just have to interrogate you.”

 

“N-no! I have to be at work in thirty minutes!” She was panting at that point, fighting her body’s desires for a greater good.

 

“Good,” Nana removed all of their contact, spinning Lizzy around to face her, trapping her with arms on either side of her against the counter, “Tell me who let you in and you are free to go.”

 

“Your neighbor.” Lizzy tried to break free but Nana would not allow her to.

 

“I need a name.” Nana gave her a pointed glare, needing to figure out who she’d have to have a stern talking to.

 

“His name is Jonghyun I think,” Nana’s confusion did nothing to change her entrapment, “Oh! I think he has a boyfriend, Minhyuk? No, Minwoo?”

 

“Minho?” Nana finished for her, agitation clear in her voice. Lizzy snapped her finger at the name, letting Nana know that the name was right.

 

“Can I go now?” Lizzy bounced between her feet, wanting to get to work to see her favorite patient, Jiyeon, and to see if Gayoon has woken up yet.

 

“No. You can’t come here again, it’s not safe.” The agent let her worry show through her voice.

 

Lizzy crossed her arms, ignoring her girlfriend’s worry, remembering her true purpose for being there. “I will come here whenever I want. We have been dating for six months now and the most I see you is either at the diner or the hospital and I’m tired of it.

 

“I don’t care if it’s dangerous to be here. I trust you to protect me and don’t you dare get all self-conscious and be like ‘but what if I can’t keep you safe from whoever?’ I don’t care Im Nana I love you and I’m moving in.”

 

Nana’s mouth was agape, eyes wide, dropping her arms to her side but Lizzy never made a move to escape. After several moments of this, Nana’s mouth closed and her eyes returned to normal. “Jinah.”

 

“What?” Lizzy blinked several times, hearing a name she had never heard before.

 

“Im Jinah, that’s my real name and don’t go spreading it around town.” Nana turned and left the kitchen for the living room, searching through a drawer with Lizzy mouthing the name over and over, liking how it rolled off of her tongue.

 

Lizzy’s attention returned to Nana when the agent stood in front of her yet again, dangling a shiny silver object from her hand. The younger’s eyes widened as she recognized the object, attempting to snatch it away only for Nana to raise it higher. The nurse’s protests were silenced with a kiss as Nana lowered her hand and joined it with Lizzy’s, allowing her to take the key.

 

When she pulled away, key no longer in her hand, a stern aura swam around her. “Just promise me you will wait until I get off of work to move in. There are y traps all over this apartment and I’m surprised that you didn’t get caught in any of them.”

 

The nurse poked her nose, “That, is because I have the magic touch.”

 

With that said she squealed off towards the door, tripping on a wire that wasn’t there before and falling flat on her face. She stood up, glaring at her laughing girlfriend, before cautiously opening and closing the door behind her.

 

Nana’s laughter faded, she had an hour before work to Lizzy-proof her apartment, knowing that she wouldn’t heed her warning. She would let Minho slide this time, finding herself too happy to care if he broke protocol.

 

**

 

It was a usual day in the office, Jessica asleep, Hyoyeon in her office mostly in phone meetings, with Seohyun and Tiffany hard at work.

 

“Hey, Tiffany? Can you go wake Jessica up and make some copies of this?” Seohyun asked with her sweetest voice, it was unnecessary with the mention of Jessica in her request.

 

The agent nodded, hiding her eagerness well, taking the paper before standing to wake up the sleeping beast.

 

She lightly tucked a strand of hair covering Jessica’s eyes before leaning down to kiss her cheek, whispering in her ear: “Wake up sleepy.”

 

The lieutenant shot up, ready to take down whoever interrupted her sleep. Her eyes softened briefly before hardening upon seeing the eye smiling agent in front of her.

 

“Copies?” Tiffany brandished the paper in front of her, biting her lip sheepishly.

 

Jessica let out an exaggerated sigh, rising from her seat and strutting off to the copy room, expecting the younger woman to follow after her. She didn’t need to look behind her shoulder, she felt the woman there.

 

“Shouldn’t you know where the copy room is by now?” She spoke in front of her, hoping the woman would hear her.

 

“I like spending time with you, I know this whole building’s layout.” This caused Jessica to stop in her tracks, completing an about face motion.

 

“Then I don’t need to take you there.” Jessica tried sidestepping her but Tiffany wouldn’t let her pass.

 

“We need to talk.” The younger motioned Jessica onwards to the copy room. Reluctantly, she complied.

 

Once inside, Tiffany locked the door behind them. The lieutenant had her arms crossed as she waited for Tiffany to begin.

 

“I’ll do whatever you want to earn back your trust. I want us to work.” Tiffany skipped to what she needed out of this conversation.

 

“O-okay, but I have a few rules,” She waited for the agent to acknowledge her before continuing, “First and foremost you have to be completely honest with me from now on. Second, you have to answer whatever I ask you about your current mission to the best of your ability. Third, if I need space you’ll give it to me no questions asked. And four, you tell me if there is any news of my biological parents the second you hear it.”

 

Her answer came in the form of arms wrapped tightly around her, a head buried in her neck. Tiffany felt wetness in her eyes, she attributed it to the joy she was feeling. Jessica returned the hug, kissing the top of the woman’s head. They stayed that way for several moments, allowing the needed change in their relationship to sink in.

 

Tiffany was the first to pull away, sniffling and wiping at her eyes, feeling the paper in her hand. The lieutenant kissed her cheek and left her to make copies.

 

**

 

Hyoyeon spun in her chair staring at the ceiling as if it would solve her problem. Seohyun’s wedding was in a few days and she still had yet to devise a plan to get the woman out of it without ruining her own life. She had heard about what happened at the softball game a day prior from her distraught sister. She was no longer worried about her sister’s wedding, being privy to the plan. All she had to worry about was how to keep Seohyun away from Yonghwa.

 

Her phone interrupted her train of endless thought, her brows furrowing together from the name. “Sunny?”

 

H-hi Hyoyeon. I know we’re not on the best of terms right now with her and all but I have a job for you.”

 

“I’m confused, did you and Taeyeon fight or something?”

 

“S-she didn’t tell you that she cheated on me with Park Jiyeon? Hyo, she hasn’t talked to me since the night she told me. But that’s not why I called.”

 

“I don’t care why you called, how could my aual sister cheat on you?”

 

“I don’t want to talk about it okay!? I just want to talk to her, but she refuses to see me.”

 

“She moved back in with our parents, Jea and I both moved out so it’s just her, mom and dad. They don’t know anything if I don’t know anything.”

 

“Thanks Hyo. Anyways, I’m calling because I’m sure you heard what happened to Gayoon. Well because our coach is an , he wants to fill her spot as quickly as possible, I recommended you and he said yes. I told him about your education thing and he was fine with it. Hyo, you can finally play pro. Hyo? Are you there?”

 

The young woman had dropped the phone, her answer had come and in the best of ways. After the initial shock, she found herself in tears, reaching down for her phone. “I’ll be there on Monday.”

 

Now, worries filled Hyoyeon, who would replace her when she abandons her position for her dream? Her eyes traveled outside her windows looking into the office, seeing Seohyun working diligently with Tiffany.

 

Her hand flung to her desk phone, dialing her oldest sister’s extension. When the woman finally answered, she sounded as if she had food in . Lots and lots of food. “Hyojinnieee?”

 

“What do you want? I’m eating.”

 

Hyoyeon laughed to herself, at least her oldest sister was still predictable. “Sunny just called and offered me Gayoon’s spot on the team. I took it.”

 

“Well who is going to replace you?”

 

“Seohyun, she’s earned it.” The young woman stared out the window, a soft smile on her lips as she watched the woman work.

 

Oh hey, her dad impressed the board so much that they want to convert to a food empire. We’re selling all of our patents to Taecyeon. Good choice there Hyo good choice.”

 

Hyoyeon ended the call; now, her endless spinning was spent devising a plan to stop Yonghwa. A thought crossed her mind, blackmailing is illegal.