Button Whisperer

A Sick Game Called 'Love'

AN: I CAN’T HEAR YOU OVER ABSSEO AND SWAGHYO. Also yes, I do know that I write all of these characters as bipolar trainwrecks, I am aware of it. And is the reason you don’t comment because I’m intimidating? There are like 82 of you and like 1 consistent commentor, it makes no sense to me. I took Honors Economics, I know when my public good is being taken advantage of by the freeloaders! That’s right silent readers I just called you freeloaders!

For some reason I like to put Luntoria and SungRi in the same chapter...idk what it is. So I’m going on a plane tomorrow I’ll be sure to write the next update while I’m on it, hopefully I sit next to someone who won’t be trying to read what I’m typing. Well without further adieu...enjoy your chapter

Button Whisperer

After hopelessly following after Yoona and Yuri, being left in the dust, Luna set off towards the diner. It was a short walk now that she’s learned all of the short cuts. The door chimed open signaling her arrival and she sulked over to her usual seat. When she tried to sit down, her path was blocked by someone else.

“Detective, how nice to see you.” Gyuri said with a hint of a smirk when the Detective shot up to stand at attention. “Have a seat.”

Luna did as she was told and a mug of steaming coffee was slid in front of her. She looked up into the eerily familiar eyes of her girlfriend, a smile immediately reaching her features. Her arms slid around Victoria’s slender waist and her head nuzzled against the older’s stomach.

“Vicky I missed you!” Luna whined as she continued her nuzzling. Victoria’s face was flush, she was frozen in place.

The familiar click of heels wasn’t enough to remove the lovers from their trance. But when the owner of those heels spoke, Luna jumped in her seat, separating herself from Victoria immediately.

“Luna baby! Stop harassing the poor girl.” BoA commanded her child who obliged out of survival instinct.

“M-mom?! Why are you here?” Luna stuttered out, fearful of her mother’s wrath for catching her assaulting her girlfriend. Victoria did a rushed bow and ran off to Sunghee who had been giving death glares to the young Captain.

“Captain Park and I have some business to discuss regarding the 30 and Under Ball." Boa explained to her frightened daughter. Growing up was interesting for Luna, her mother was kind and caring, but could also verbally reprimand her into submission. She could never tell when her mother was upset, a side effect of being in the public's eye.

“Well then I’ll just get out of your way.” Luna slid out of the booth attempting to flee, a hand was placed on her shoulder as she tried to stand.

“Nonsense, now scoot over.” BoA said with affirmity. Luna hesitantly did as she was instructed, silently praying for an escape.

BoA took her seat next to her daughter while Gyuri pulled out a file from the seat next to her. She opened the folder to reveal the blueprints of the ballroom. She waited for the Mayor to settle before beginning.

“With a venue this size we only need a small, dedicated team to act as security. I don’t trust the rest of the force so I am offering my team on a few conditions.” Gyuri said cooly, leaderlike.

Luna pouted when she heard her superior volunteer her for security duty, she had been looking forward to sweeping Victoria off of her feet with her notorious dancing skills.

“What would you need?” BoA asked, all business mode active. As usual, Luna and her pouting was ignored by all parties except for Victoria who was smiling shyly at the pouting Detective.

“Two things really. One, make it a masquerade for reasons I’ll explain in the next condition. Two, I want you to let my team conduct an operation to combat Eros. It would be mutually beneficial to the security of the guests and to the purpose of my division.” Gyuri made her demands while gesturing with her hands, she was becoming Italian. A habit that she had tried to suppress for a very long time, many of her repressed habits have been becoming more apparent the more she spent around a certain brunette waitress. Her roots had even started showing.

“Done deal Captain. It’s a pleasure working with you as always.” The two shook hands cordially. BoA then turned to her daughter. “It’s getting close to dinner time Lunababy and I still have yet to properly meet your girlfriend. Why don’t you ask her to dinner?”

All color from Luna’s face drained. When her mother asked someone to dinner, the answer is never ‘no’ and can never be ‘no’. She nodded with a hesitant smile on her face. She knew her mother bought it when she heard the girlish squeal emit from the grown woman.

These actions caused the young Captain to give a slight smile. She looked over at the waitress who had been giving her death glares all night and mouthed ‘hi’ before winking at her. Gyuri laughed as she saw Sunghee huff in frustration and making herself busy with something.

BoA and Luna exited the booth at the same time, the elder giving her daughter a hug before rushing out the door. Luna was left to break the bad news to her girlfriend. She lifelessly stumbled to the back locker room where her girlfriend was busy getting ready to go home. She didn’t even bother knocking before entering.

Her jaw dropped to the floor when her eyes landed on Victoria. The waitress had just lifted her shirt over head to reveal her black bra clad back. She momentarily had forgotten why she had come back there and what her name was. The older had yet to notice her presence and began attempting to her jeans. After several moments the button wouldn’t unsnap.

Luna saw this as her opportunity to make her presence known. With a smug grin she drawled out,“I can help with that.”

Victoria yelped in surprise and smacked the metal locked door in an attempt to hold herself up. She looked back to see the sly grin on her girlfriends face and rolled her eyes, thankful that it was her girlfriend and not someone else.

“What the hell are you doing in here?” Victoria finally asked after her brain finished processing the current situation.

“I came to come and get you. We’re going on a surprise date.” Luna pouted and tried to mask her apprehension.

“Where are we going?” Victoria questioned while putting on her clean shirt. Still aggravated about her uncooperative jean button.

“You know I can help you with that.” Luna deflected the question. “I’m like the button whisperer.”

Victoria paused and thought it over, she grabbed her scarf before answering. “Fine, get over here.”

Luna skipped over with a thousand watt grin on her face. The grinned remained until she saw the malicious grin on Victoria’s face as the woman raised her scarf. Luna’s eyes focused in on the offending fabric before realising what was happening.

“You’re gonna wish you didn’t put that on me.”  Was the last thing Luna said before the scarf was wrapped around her head and she was pushed down onto her knees. “You are also going to regret that.”

The evil grin remained on the waitress’s features until Luna’s hands were at her ankles. Realization dawning on her as she felt the hands trail up her sides, slowly. “You’re legs are so long. We could be here for a while.”

Victoria could see the smirk on the Detectives face as she took her time. Her knees were becoming weak and she had to rest her hand against the lockers to keep herself steady as the hands made it to her mid thigh. She bit her lip and looked up to the ceiling for support when the hands went from her hips to the button of her jeans.

She thought that her torture was over, that is until Luna laid her palms flat against her. The smirk grew on the younger’s face when she felt Victoria press further into her palms. And without any further delay, Luna undid the button on Victoria’s jeans and stood up. “Told you.”

Victoria’s face was flush and her breathing had picked up. Luna’s hands went to undo her makeshift blindfold but were stopped by Victoria’s own. “Not happening until I change.”

Luna pouted and then after a few moments, the smirk returned. “Do I at least get a reward?”

Victoria rolled her eyes and against her better judgement, pressed her lips against Luna’s. She had meant to pull back almost immediately but found herself pressed up against the lockers and her hands tangled in Luna’s hair.

Luna’s hands were on either side of Victoria’s hips against the lockers. Her mind battled for control, the rational side reminding her of what was to come later that night. Her hands found their way to the waistband of Victoria’s jeans when her mind reminded her of their dinner plans with her mother. She flew off of the waitress and would have tripped and fallen on her over the bench in the middle had it not been for Victoria’s hands in her hair holding her back.

The Detective removed the blindfold, looking away from Victoria. “I-I’ll be waiting outside. Please do hurry.”

Victoria let out a frustrated sigh, thankful that her girlfriend had stopped them but also angry that she stopped them. She quickly changed out of her jeans and noted that she will need new underwear. She wrapped the scarf around her neck before fixing her disheveled form in the mirror. Outside the door she found Luna looking up at her like a deer in headlights.

“Just where exactly are we going?” Luna didn’t have noncooperative jean buttons to save her this time.

“Dinnerwithmymom” Luna said in one breath adding a forced smile for effect.

Victoria heard this, nodded, and walked the opposite direction before being pulled back by the short Detective.

“No! You can’t leave me! Please?” Luna was straining to pull the taller of the two back towards the front.

“There is no way I’m having dinner with your mother!” Victoria harshly whispered back at the girl as she fought her off. “Minho! Help me!”

Said man raised his hands in surrender and sidestepped the two on his way to the locker room. “You’re on your own Vic.”

“Please don’t make me have to use these handcuffs!” Luna held onto Victoria tighter, the fight soon dying out of the older.

“Fine, but I’m not walking there. I heard the Mayor lives in a cave on the outskirts of town.” Victoria said raising her nose, garnering a heartfelt laugh from the younger.

“No, we live in house near a cave on the outskirts of town.” Luna corrected.

“Next you’re going to tell me that your mother is batman.” Victoria tried to hold in her laughter.

The two fell silent again as they made their way outside. As Luna expected, the town car was there along with their driver, Tao, who could easily pass as a vampire in his driver’s suit. He opened the door for the two, Victoria entered first, Tao stopped Luna from entering. He held out a note for her, “From Madame Mayor.”

“Thank you, Tao.” She nodded her reply before following Victoria inside the car, Tao shutting the door after them before returning to the driver’s seat.

Luna unfolded the note, her face turning bright red after she read it. The note read: If I find out that you’re late because the two of you were fooling around then I am separating the two of you when she stays the night tonight.

“What happened?” Victoria questioned while trying to read the note.

Luna crumpled up the piece of paper before turning to look at Victoria. “Nothing.”

Luna resigned that this would be one of the most awkward dinners of her entire life.