Just Once

A Sick Game Called 'Love'

AN: Looky! I poofed! After this, s bout to get real.

 

Just Once

Luna didn’t even bother asking the receptionist which room the Sergeant was in, she ran on pure instinct, dodging through the hospital staff like she was born to do it. She was almost out of time to get to the Sergeant’s room.

She saw the sign next to the open doorway, her hands reaching for the edge of the doorframe. Her feet flying in the air at the momentum from her sprinting, as if she was flying, she fell to the ground with a groan. She slowly got up and entered the hospital room to find the Sergeant laughing so hard that the nurse had to hold her down as to not irritate her stitches, again.

Luna, out of breath, had her hand against the wall to support herself. Once her breathing was at a normal rate she looked up to see Yuri uncontrollably laughing with the nurse glaring and holding her down. The youngest of the four pouted as she realized that she didn’t have to run for her life.

Yoona eyed the young woman up and down, she didn’t look like a Detective, she looked like a high school student. With her initial assessment of the Detective completed, she focused her gaze on the hysterical Sergeant.

“Yuri if you want me to visit you while you’re stuck in here you better stop laughing.” Yoona accompanied the threat with a menacing glare. Yuri’s laughter immediately died as she pouted at the businesswoman.

Luna made a whipping sound and giggled at her superior, she stopped when the Sergeant and Yoona both glared at her. Yuri motioned her closer with the wave of her hand.

When the Detective was in reaching distance, Yuri pulled on the young woman’s collar so that they were ear to ear.

If I find a single scratch on her beautiful head, I will cremate you while you’re still breathing.”

Luna audibly gulped and nodded vivaciously. “Ma’am yes ma’am.”

Yuri shoved Luna away and looked sweetly at Yoona, who in turn blushed while looking away. Yuri motioned for her to come closer with a wiggle of her finger.

Yoona, already expecting what the Sergeant wanted, leaned down and placed a light kiss on Yuri’s lips. Their lips still touching when they pulled apart breathlessly, neither cared about their audience of a fuming nurse and a wolf-whistling Luna.

“I love you.” Yuri whispered against Yoona’s lips. Every muscle in Yoona’s body froze, she pulled back not knowing what to say.

She muttered incoherent syllables, slowly watching the hurt grow on Yuri’s gorgeous features. Before the Sergeant could say anything, Yoona ran out the door.

“What are you standing there for!? After her Park!” Yuri’s voice cracked as she ordered the Detective to follow the young businesswoman.

She laid back and stared at the ceiling, sighing sadly. The nurse cleared , garnering Yuri’s attention.

“Just give her time, respect her boundaries and stay honest with each other.” The nurse spoke with a knowing tone.

Yuri smiled at the nurse, “You know you aren’t so bad after all, I think this stay won’t be as torturous as I anticipated.”

“A simple thank you would have sufficed.”

After that, silence filled the room and Yuri found herself drifting off to sleep.

**

The restroom was empty when Narsha stormed in, JeA hot on her heels. The former stood with her arms across her chest while the latter looked like a lost puppy.

After a few moments of silence spent staring at each other, JeA finally broke the silence with a question asking the obvious. "Why did I follow you in here?"

Narsha opened to respond but was stopped when JeA tried to leave, Narsha's hand immediately slammed the door closed putting her in a very close proximity with the Kim. Their faces being mere inches apart. "You were an last night."

JeA took awkward steps back, steps that were matched by the doctor until the younger's back hit the wall next to a sink and another wall,  she was trapped. JeA's features contorted into confusion when the doctor's words had finally sunk in. "Wait…what did I do?"

"You were drunk off your and made out with some girl who you also went home with, Yuri was it?" JeA's face reflected her internal disgust.

JeA tried to use the sink next to her to wash out , but Narsha wouldn't let her since the doctor's arms were firmly planted on either side of the businesswoman's arms.

"Dear god that's like making out with my sister. I've known that kid since she was born. What the hell did you do to make me kiss my little sister's best friend?"

Narsha reeled back in slight anger. Her voice rose to a higher pitch than normal. "What did I do?! You were the drunk one who yelled at me and then tried to shove your tongue down 'that kid's' throat!"

A nerve in JeA twitched, her voice raised as well. "And who's fault is it that I was drunk?!"

The space between the tow was becoming less and less as the argument escalated. "Don't you dare blame me for your stupidity! You did all of that on your own!"

"Well if you had just gone to dinner with me then we wouldn't be here!"

"Why can't you understand that I couldn't go because your father was still my client?!"

"Well it's too late now! I'm getting married in a month!"

"I know!"

JeA paused from her response when she saw a single tear fall from the doctor's eye. Her hand instinctually reached up to cup her cheek and her thumb brushed away the tear. "How do you know?"

Narsha relaxed into the businesswoman's touch. "Your father told me when he fired me."

"Why would he-" JeA was cut off by Narsha crashing their lips together in a heated kiss that released the pent up tension between the two. After several moments, the two breathlessly pulled apart.

"Only this once," JeA whispered against the doctor's lips.

"We'll see." Narsha proceeded to reattach their lips and slide her leg between the younger's thighs. JeA moaned from the sensation, leaving open for the doctor to explore the other's mouth. JeA's hands found the doctor's hips, latching onto them in order to steady herself. Her hands soon slid up to reach under the doctor's shirt, seeking out the soft skin of her back.

The door practically slammed open revealing the waitress that had been serving the three, her face shifted from impatience to surprise to extreme embarrassment. The two split apart almost instantly, both glared at the waitress that interrupted them.

"I-uh um uh yeah um the uh guy in your party he asked me to uh find you." The waitress stuttered out bright faced and replaying the events in her mind. She hadn't seen much, but she sure ears it all. After she blurted out what she was directed to say, she left in a hurry.

JeA slid past the doctor, but not without whispering, "Don't worry doc, I always finish what I start," in Narsha's ear. The doctors ears turned red for a brief moment before regaining her composure and gently smacking the businesswoman's rear end. JeA turned back to give her a scandalized look. "Doctor!" She said in mock surprise garnering a smirk from the offender.

Once the two were finally able to make it back to their table, hands were no longer detaching and reattaching, now they stayed interlocked while they shared light conversation with Mr. Kim. This, of course, did not go unnoticed by the older man. Instead of saying something about it, he kept his thoughts to himself.

He told JeA about their dinner plans with Mr. Seo and almost laughed at the pout that formed on his eldest daughter's lips. However, he did miss the pout that graced the young doctor's features. JeA noticed the pout and leaned over to whisper in the doctor's ear, "Don't worry, I'll escape early and then we can finish what we started."

JeA grinned at the blush that appeared on the doctor's face. Daeho pretended that he didn't notice it, he figured that would be the best decision at this moment.

The rest of lunch went by smoothly, after Daeho insisted on paying for the three, the trio split up into the parties they originally were. Narsha returned to her office after she slipped her address into JeA's pocket in the parking lot. The two Kims now had several hours to kill before their dinner plans at the Seo residence.

**

Hyoyeon awoke to an uncomfortable feeling on her forehead, she opened her eyes to see what the problem was and found Jessica flicking her forehead. She found Seohyun, still asleep, to be sprawled across her, with a protective hand over her sprained vertebral-chondral ribs. "What do you want Sica?"

"Yonghwa is here for her." Jessica stated flatly. "I'd suggest you pretend to hate each other in order for him to let you take her to the equipment testing."

Hyoyeon gave her a quizzical glance. "How do you know what's happening?"

"I have this room bugged so I know what's going on while I'm not in here. EPD is on high alert since Kwon's attack, one can never be too cautious." Jessica explained stoically.

"Is there any other place that's bugged that I should know about?"

"There are other places that are bugged, none that I'm willing to tell you about." Like that room in Tiffany's house. Jessica thought to herself. Seohyun begun to stir from all of the noise being made. "I'll leave you two alone. Good luck boss."

Hyoyeon gave the Lieutenant a lopsided smile as she exited the room, leaving the two on the hospital bed alone.

Seohyun awoke to light presses against her head, after a few moments she realized that she was on Hyoyeon's hospital bed.

Hyoyeon seemed to have sensed the younger had woken up. "If we pretend to hate each other, then he'll be more lenient in letting you stay late at the office."

“How am I supposed to pretend to hate you?”

“Just act the way you did when we first met.”

“Well this has to be a two way deal. How are you going to hate me?”

Hyoyeon smiled mischievously. “That’s the easy part. I just put his face on your body and all is well.”

As an example of her exemplary acting skills the Kim started to tease the other, a smile on her face. “Yah Yonghwa I didn’t know you had a squishy body. Here’s a check, just write however much you want on it. Just get out of here you woman thief!”

Seohyun laughed and smacked the older on the arm. “Okay, this will be a lot easier than I thought. I’ll just pretend your face is a hundred dollar bill.”

Hyoyeon scoffed. “My face is much prettier than a hundred dollar bill. Then again, Yonghwa, you’re not much of a looker.”

Seohyun mocked hurt and left the room with an air of smugness that rivaled Yonghwa’s.  

**

Kim JeA and Kim Daeho entered the Seo residence and were immediately assaulted by the wafting aroma of a gourmet meal. It smelled heavenly and the Kims practically floated towards the kitchen to find Mr. Seo scrambling around.

“If it’s as heavenly as it smells then you can have an entire worldwide food corporation.” Daeho spoke in a mystified tone.

JeA was stunned into silence by the smell of food, her secret weakness. She had completely forgotten about her promise she made to Narsha.

“Well you won’t have to wait long to find out. Dinner should be done in a few moments. I was even able to procure a waiter.” He added the last portion with a smile on his face, looking down at the young boy in a suit.

“Daddy is the food ready? I’m hungry.” The ‘waiter’ asked impatiently.

“Soon my child.” Mr. Seo had a glint in his eyes, he was ready to leave the shabby diner down the street from the police station and this was his way out, it had to be perfect.

The dinner was served by the adorable Changhyun who sat at the table after handing everyone their plates of food. After taking their first bite, the Kims expression lit up beyond compare and they began to shovel the food into their mouths.

After finishing in record time, the two were whispering in each other’s ears. Mostly discussing their plan of action for establishing a restaurant for the master chef. After a few moments of deliberation the two faced Mr. Seo with their cold business exteriors.

“Welcome to the company. We’ll start looking for property and permits in the morning.”

All four occupants were beaming and dancing around the house.