What Even

A Sick Game Called 'Love'

AN: eajgeorigj

 

Hara had passed out once her back hit the mattress. Nicole had avoided looking at the detective when she removed her clothes to put her in more comfortable ones, a deep red blush covering her face and neck.

 

“Miss Nicole?” Said woman leapt high in the air with a shriek. At that point, she thought her entire body was red.

 

“Yes, Albert?” She asked after her breath returned to her.

 

“What would you like for dinner?” He looked briefly over at the passed out woman, stifling a chuckle from the drool trailing out of her open mouth.

 

“I-um…what’s good for someone recovering from an injury?” She finally took a seat on the bed next to Hara, brushing hair out of her face, hiding an object in her back pocket.

 

“I’ll order a pizza.” He smiled to himself, leaving the two alone in order to order a pizza and look at wedding planners.

 

“Did someone say pizza?” Hara mumbled groggily, rubbing at her eyelids. “Who changed my clothes? Where am I?”

 

Nicole’s face had just been getting its natural color back. The detective felt the fabric of the much looser clothing, whoever had done it knew comfortable fabric. She looked around the room not seeing anyone, but she could hear someone’s ragged breathing coming from somewhere to her left. She titled her head down to see her girlfriend’s crumpled up body next to the bed.

 

“Cole?” Said woman looked up at her, face bright red and full of guilt.

 

“I didn’t see anything I swear all I did was take off your clothes and put comfy ones on you and I didn’t look or see your black lace underwear no I didn’t and no you don’t have abs with that small waist of yours what are you talking about.” The frantic woman switched languages in the middle of her tangent, Hara’s eyebrows shooting up her forehead.

 

“I only understood about half of that but I think it’s only fair that I see what kind of underwear you have on since you’ve clearly seen mine.” Hara proposed with her cheeky grin, reveling in the sight of her girlfriend slowly losing her sanity.

 

“I-don’t-what?” Nicole’s brain had short circuited, without thinking she found herself lifting her shirt over her head revealing her flat stomach and silk, red bra.

 

“Please do continue. Papa Goo is very pleased.” The detective’s wording brought Nicole back to earth. The Jung looked down at her lack of a shirt and screeched, quickly recovering the article and throwing it over her head.

 

“One day Nicole Jung, one day I will see you .” Hara sighed wistfully, for now she would have to enjoy the memory of Nicole’s upper body.

 

“You’re lucky you’re injured or I would injure you. Instead, I’m withholding pizza from you.” Nicole crossed her arms over her chest, raising her chin, blush slowly fading into her normal skin tone.

 

“No! Not the pizza! Babe, I’ll do anything just not the pizza.” Hara pleaded, leaning on her side too much, her leg falling off of its throne of pillows. A yelp accompanied the motion, Nicole quickly lifting the limb back onto the pillows.

 

“Stop moving so much.” Nicole secured the leg before walking around to the other side of the bed to lay next to her girlfriend.

 

“So if I stay absolutely still I can have pizza?” Hara bit her lip, hoping it would earn her the desired food.

 

“It wouldn’t hurt,” Nicole smiled before dropping it, “But that’s not what I want from you.”

 

Hara’s teeth let go of her lip, a frown on her face. “What is it?”

 

“Don’t get shot anymore, I don’t want to see you hurt ever again.” Nicole pulled out a silver band from her back pocket, the diamond pressing into the skin of her palm, a bout of nerves washing over her.

 

“Now that this is all over I will be sure to request a less dangerous department, maybe internal affairs.” The detective brushed away strands of Nicole’s hair, eyes closing from the touch.

 

“Or, you could be a housewife,” Nicole met Hara’s confusion with putting her hand with the ring between them.

 

The detective was beaming, “Really?”

 

Nicole could only nod, words escaping her. “Yes Nicole Jung, I will marry you, but I will not be a housewife. I’m more of a-”

 

“Pizza is here,” Albert came in with the box and a few plates, averting his eyes when he saw their position and the gleam of the ring, “I’m sorry for interrupting, welcome to the family.”

 

“Am I allowed to call you Albert now?” Hara grinned, overwhelmed by her happiness, pizza and engagement, too much for a girl to handle.

 

“No.” Hara’s smile dropped but then returned when Nicole captured her attention by grasping her left hand and sliding the ring on her finger.

 

Albert left the pizza on the unoccupied portion of the bed where it remained for quite some time as the two engaged in a heated make out session, Nicole stopping before Hara could move her leg or try and stick her hand in the younger’s pants.

 

**

 

Jessica awoke in a hospital room, her first thought was to see where Tiffany was. She fumbled around for the call nurse button, clicking it in rapid succession until Lizzy appeared in the doorway looking disheveled from running.

 

“Yes Lieutenant?” Lizzy checked the woman over, finding nothing wrong with her vitals or eyes.

 

“Where is the woman I came in with?” Jessica’s glare was like ice, freezing Lizzy.

 

The nurse took a deep breath, preparing herself for any type of reaction from the Jung, violent or otherwise. “Miss Hwang is in the ICU in a medically induced coma, she died several times on the operating table but the doctors believe her condition is stable but she is being carefully monitored in case of an emergency. She is not allowed visitors at the time, sorry Lieutenant.”

 

Jessica took a moment to absorb the information before looking back at the nurse, a hopeful look in her eyes: “So she’s alive?”

 

“Yes. She is.” Lizzy could see the tears on the brink of the woman’s eyes, she slowly backed away to let her cry it out alone.

 

Moments after the nurse vanished, a figure approached her, Jessica looked up to see the mayor, only it wasn’t really the mayor. “Kwon Ana?”

 

The woman nodded, not missing the fear in the lieutenant’s eyes. “I’m not here to hurt you, it’s a long story. I’m here to tell you that your mother is still alive and with your father. Where they are, I do not know.”

 

“Why are you telling me this?” Jessica’s fear subsided but she kept her guard up, hand near the call nurse button.

 

“Agent Hwang is a good person and a great agent, I want you to take care of her so she can take you to meet your birth parents.” And with that, the assassin left, leaving Jessica confused and worried for her girlfriend.

 

**

 

Minho let out a nervous sigh, he hadn’t heard anything back from Tiffany or Sulli. He had heard all about the exploding building and officers that were at the hospital from the diner patrons. The man wanted to send Nana to go investigate, but there would be no one able to cover her shift since Victoria had called in sick. Once the Kim takeover was complete, then he could rest and call his agents back and forth freely because there would be more employees.

 

But, for now, he was stuck taking out the trash into the alleyway. He could feel a presence but saw no one. His eyes narrowed in his search for whomever was in that alleyway.

 

“Song Minho.” Ana approached out of a dark corner in the alleyway, alerting said man of her presence.

 

“Kwon Ana,” He let out a sigh of relief, “You gotta stop scaring me like that.”

 

“Sorry, habit of the trade,” She gave him a half-smile before continuing, “Anyways, everything is set and ready, he’s taking Qian there tonight. You and I will both go in and get Sunyoung and Qian out of there and finish this once and for all.”

 

“First though, what happened to Stephanie and Jinri?” She could see the worry in his eyes as well as hear it in his voice.

 

“Choi broke a few ribs, but Hwang, Hwang was badly injured. She’s in a coma and the doctors have no idea when she’ll wake up. I’m sorry.” She offered him a small smile, the only form of comfort she really knew how to give him.

 

His head was downcast as he heard the news, the door to the diner creaked open, all three pairs of eyes going wide. Nana went for a defensive position, waiting for Ana to strike.

 

“Stand down, Jinah. She’s with us.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AN: oh snap cliff hanger oh no what do we do what do we doooooooo. note i am on my period and really bitter right now so dont mind my sassy ways okay