Secret Truths

A Sick Game Called 'Love'

 

AN: So I decided to update today because it’s JeA’s B-day today…but she’s not in the chapter…anyways, I feel bad for my future fiancée because I can’t write or even imagine a beautiful wedding proposal so I apologize for that in advance, also I’m still stuck on chapter 13 which is making me sad because I know what to write I just don’t know how to write it. Well with that all said, on with the show~

 

 

Secret Truths

 

Takes place the day of the family dinner

 

Krystal was pacing through the apartment, waiting for Sulli to arrive and for Jessica to leave. She made sure to hide all of their ‘real’ job paraphernalia. Making her fourth rounds through the apartment she yelped when she felt someone’s hand on her shoulder.

 

“Chill out Krystal. The house is clear, I’m going to the station to turn in our reports and debrief. I’ll stay over at Jiyeon’s house or something.” Jessica spoke in a mockingly calm and soothing voice.

 

Krystal took a deep breath before smirking. “You should go stay over at Tiffany’s house~.”

 

Jessica turned beet red and smacked her sister’s shoulder before grabbing her bag and walking to the door, putting on her sunglasses in the process. Her hand grasped the handle and she pulled the door open right as someone was about to knock.

 

The older Jung’s jaw dropped and she dropped her bag. Quickly composing herself so that her sister wouldn’t come and laugh at her, she picked her bag back up and grabbed at the raised arm. She pushed the girl out of the doorway so she could close the door.

 

“What are you doing here?” Jessica said through gritted teeth.

 

Tiffany gulped and answered with the only response she could think of in that moment: “I-I don’t know.”

 

Jessica released the wrist she was holding and walked down the hallway to the elevator, pressing the button as she looked back at the frozen Tiffany. She let out an exaggerated sigh, “Are you coming?”

 

Tiffany was snapped out of her daze by the angelic voice and walked over to the elevator. The door opened with a ding and the two stepped inside, Jessica hitting the garage button. The police station was across town and there was no way she was walking.

 

The two silently walked to Jessica(and Krystal’s) car, paid for by Kim Enterprises. Jessica opened her door and sat down in the seat, she closed the door and waited for the other girl to get in the car. The door opened slowly.

 

“You aren’t planning on kidnapping me are you?” Tiffany asked hesitantly. Jessica threw her head back in laughter.

 

“Just get in the car, I have nowhere to hide you even if I did kidnap you.” Jessica looked at the girl expectantly, still smiling. Tiffany did as she was told and they put on their seatbelts because click it or ticket.

 

The drive to the police station was a quiet one. Tiffany continued to glance over at the older girl. “So where are you taking me?”

 

Jessica sighed as she pulled into her usual parking spot at the station. “Here. Stay in the car and I’ll be back in ten minutes.”

 

Tiffany got out of the car at the same time as Jessica. “No! I’m not a dog.”

 

Jessica gave out a frustrated sigh as she walked towards the front doors, Tiffany trailing behind her. She suddenly stopped once she was inside the doors. She turned around to face Tiffany.

 

She pointed at several chairs, “Go sit down and wait for me.”

 

Tiffany gave her a pout. “I don’t see how this is any different.”

 

“Dogs aren’t allowed in here.” Jessica deadpanned.

 

Tiffany’s pout increased. “I’ll sit and wait on one condition.”

 

Jessica sighed. “What?”

 

Tiffany’s answer came when she closed the distance between them in a firm, but slightly hesitant kiss. She pulled back when she heard whistles from the male employees and a few ‘Get some Jung!’s  were shouted.

 

Jessica huffed and her heel and strutted through the security checkpoint with practiced ease. It only sounded like a whisper to her, but Tiffany could have sworn she heard someone say ‘good afternoon lieutenant Jung’.

 

**

 

Sulli arrived a few minutes after Jessica had left and she was somewhat surprised when Krystal had led her to her bedroom. The surprise came when she saw the bed was covered with rose petals.

 

“Krys, you didn’t have to do this.” Sulli blushed as she looked at her girlfriend.

 

Said girl grasped her girlfriend’s hands and led her to sit down on the bed. “I did, because I love you.”

 

Sulli swooned and leaned in to give her girlfriend a sweet kiss that quickly turned into a heated one. Sulli pushed Krystal back onto the bed and started to remove the girl’s shirt running her fingers along the girl’s taut stomach muscles.

 

Krystal’s hands stopped Sulli’s assault on her body and she detached her lips from the other girl’s. Sulli dove into Krystal’s neck and she began to nip and at the sensitive skin. “S-stop.”

 

Sulli pulled back and looked at her girlfriend with confusion. “I thought the whole point of a bed of rose petals was to make love on it.”

 

Krystal flipped their positions and straddled the girl’s hips, she ran her hands along her body in a sensual way. Before removing her shirt she quickly remembered what was missing. She quickly got up from her girlfriend who let out a frustrated groan.

 

She ran into her closet and rummaged around through her belongings before she felt arms wrap around her waist she yelped when she realized her uniform was still in her closet and she grinded back into Sulli who moaned as she was pushed back to the bed.

 

“Stay here Sulli!” The girl internally sighed at avoiding the awkward confrontation.

 

The team manager just pouted as Krystal went back into her closet. She began removing her own clothing while waiting for the girl to come back.

 

Krystal finally found the box she was looking for among her discarded clothes, it was in her uniform still.

 

She came back and immediately closed her eyes. “No! That’s not what we’re doing! Put your clothes back on!”

 

Sulli noticed that her girlfriend was hiding something behind her back so she put her clothes back on even if she didn’t want to.

 

Krystal had reopened her eyes and watched the whole process thoroughly before kneeling down in front of her seated girlfriend.

 

“Choi Sulli, we’ve been dating for a few months but these past few months have been the best months of my life. I know I’m not always the best girlfriend in terms of actually staying with you for our dates. My job comes with many unexpected emergencies and thank you for being so amazing and not getting angry with me when I have to leave early. I love you so much and I would be honored if you would,” she paused to pull the box out from behind her back and opened it, “take a key to my apartment.”

 

Sulli was awestruck, when Krystal had dropped down on one knee she thought the girl was going to propose to her. She slapped the girl’s shoulder playfully before nodding and taking the key from the box. “You know I thought you were going to propose to me. I started planning our wedding in my head. And then you give me a key to your apartment. You really know how to make a girl feel special.”

 

Krystal shrugged and tackled her girlfriend to the bed with a cheeky grin firmly in place. “What can I say? I’m a natural born charmer.”

 

**

 

Captain Park Gyuri paced inside the EPD(Executives Protection Division) headquarters, the lieutenant was five minutes late and counting.

 

“Geez captain. Chill out.” Came the bored observation of detective Goo Hara as she spun in her chair, waiting for the lieutenant to arrive.

 

Sergeant Park Jiyeon was having similar problems with waiting for the lieutenant. She wanted to know her knew assignment and get out of there.

 

Detective Park Luna was standing idly, wondering when the briefing was going to be over because she was assigned to file duty with Gyuri, since she’s so good at it.

 

Sergeant Kwon Yuri was sulking in the corner, trying to drown out the imminent need to go back to Yoona’s office tomorrow.

 

Detective Kim Hyuna was also spinning in her chair next to Hara, waiting impatiently for the lieutenant to arrive so she could go on a ‘special’ date with Gayoon. She stopped spinning and turned to Hara. “I think she’s going to propose to me.”

 

Hara stopped spinning as well and faced Hyuna squealing out: “Really?!”

 

Hyuna nodded. “I’m scared that I’m going to choke and not be able to say yes. I fainted when I caught her practicing her speech.”

 

“Just give her the most basic response,” she paused and Hyuna looked at her expectantly, “Kiss her genius.”

 

Jessica strolled in and the two detectives let out an exasperated ‘finally’ as the lieutenant sat in her chair.

 

“Now that we’re all here we can start. More and more anti-elite groups are rising up and so we need to keep our eyes open and alert.” Gyuri then pulled down a projector screen and the machine overhead. She motioned for Jiyeon to turn off the light.

 

“We have reason to believe that this woman,” she pointed at a picture of a beautiful young diner waitress and seemed completely unaffected by it, “has some association with the more prominent anti-elite group Eros. She may not be a part of the group, but she has a major role with the group.”

 

“So who’s going to tail her?” Luna piped up, suddenly interested because of the gorgeous woman on the screen.

 

“I will.” Gyuri answered quickly and deflated all of Luna’s (and Jiyeon’s) hopes and dreams. “I need the rest of you to keep your eye out for anyone acting suspiciously while you’re with your assignments. Dismissed.”

 

The lights were back on and the five seated occupants quickly left their captain, all except for Luna who had to stay for file duty.

 

**

 

Tiffany had been waiting for ten minutes sitting uncomfortably in the chair she was seated in. Many gazes were on her, lustful, jealous, and downright furious stares were bored into her on all sides.

 

She was relieved when Jessica came out of the elevator on the other side of the room holding several folders. She bolted upright and ran to the security checkpoint waiting for the other girl to cross through.

 

Jessica saw this and put on her icy façade, trying her best to ignore the puppy face that Tiffany was wearing. Passing through the checkpoint she was immediately met with arms around her neck.

 

“Off!” Jessica barked at the girl who then removed herself.

 

“Just get me out of here.” Tiffany started yanking Jessica towards the exit and to the car.

 

Jessica opened the trunk and tossed the two folders in, not even caring that she had a small arsenal in her trunk.

 

“Oh my god! Why do you have so many guns?!” Tiffany shouted at the girl, slowly backing away in caution.

 

Jessica rolled her eyes and slammed the trunk closed. “I’m a cop genius. Now get in the car so we can talk.”

 

Tiffany swallowed the lump in and did as she was told. Jessica was already inside leaning against the door with her head angled at Tiffany. The younger sat in the car looking straight ahead, avoiding the penetrating gaze of the older.

 

“So I was your first?” Jessica asked with a slight smile on her lips as she watched Tiffany blush and nod. “Hard to believe, you’re young and beautiful. You could have anyone you want, but you chose me. Why would you do that?”

 

Tiffany continued to blush as she looked over at the cop who was smiling at her. She looked away, suddenly nervous. “I-I’m attracted to you.”

 

Jessica let out a small sound as her body shook with laughter. “I think that’s a given.”

 

“I’ve never been attracted to anyone before.” Tiffany silenced Jessica’s laughter.

 

“Never?” Jessica asked in a mock scandalized tone.

 

Tiffany knew where this was going, she knew it was pointless to try and dissuade the cop from her mission to get her to leave her alone. She looked over at Jessica with a dead serious expression. “Do you care about anything or just yourself?”

 

Jessica’s face went from amused to emotionless in seconds. “I care about my job and about my sister. Nothing else and I don’t see that changing in the near future.”

 

It was Tiffany’s turn to smile, it put Jessica on edge and she shifted in her seat. “One date, and I think I’ll be able to change your mind.”

 

Jessica turned in her chair completely to start the car. “Maybe I don’t want my mind changed.”

 

“Can you honestly look me in the eyes and tell me you aren’t attracted to me?” Tiffany asked, hoping to dissuade the icy demeanor out of the cop.

 

“Isn’t it obvious? I wouldn’t have slept with you if I didn’t. Now I’m going to drive you home and I will see you at the office tomorrow.” Jessica spoke with a cold tone as she drove in the direction of the girl’s house.

 

“Go on a date with me or I’ll tell Hyoyeon and Seohyun you’re a cop!” Tiffany said in desperation.

 

Jessica kept a straight face on the road, as any good driver should. “Are you seriously trying to blackmail a cop?”

 

“Good point.” Tiffany went back to plotting a way to get the girl to go on a date with her.

 

The ride continued on in silence. Midway through Tiffany had devised a plan to get the cop to fall for her, first step: talk to Krystal.

 

Jessica pulled up to a house the same size as the Kim’s and put the car in park. “Nice house. Even I can’t afford that and I’m on two salaries.”

 

Tiffany didn’t respond at first. Out of curiosity, Jessica followed the girl to the front door. “So who else lives here?”

 

Tiffany stuck the key in the lock and unlocked the door before entering, pulling the cop in with her. Jessica was pushed against the door and a soft body was pressed against her. Tiffany’s lips were next to her ear. “I can’t help it. I want you so much,” Jessica moaned when the girl grinded her hips into her, “I’m drawn to you and I need you.”

 

Tiffany attacked the cop’s lips and began removing her jacket. Jessica knew she was there for the night when Tiffany locked the door and pulled her upstairs.

 

**

 

Gayoon and Hyuna were sitting in the exact same spot that the two had met. Hyuna had her head resting on her girlfriend’s shoulder, they were both fidgeting uncomfortably. They both knew what was coming.

 

Gayoon looked down at Hyuna who was also looking up at her. Hyuna smiled at her, trying to shake the fear she was feeling. “Don’t fall asleep or I might actually arrest you this time.”

 

The older of the two returned the smile. “I’ll hold you to that Detective Kim. Now stand up.”

 

Hyuna gulped, it was time and she was still afraid she was going to choke. A feeling felt mutually, but Hyuna did as she was told and Gayoon soon joined her.

 

Gayoon took a deep breath dropped down to one knee. She reached inside her jacket pocket and pulled out the same black box as before, gauging Hyuna’s response before continuing.

 

She looked into Hyuna’s eyes as she spoke. “Hyuna, from the moment you tried to arrest me for sleeping in public I knew that I had fallen for you. Then you tried to arrest me again the next day, but there was no reason for you to arrest me. Only later did I realize that that was your way of telling me that you had fallen for me too. Then the next day, instead of arresting me, you asked me on a date and now here we are. One year, seven months, and fourteen days later. It feels like the time I have spent with you has been my entire life, not less than two years. But now, we have our entire lives to make it seem like a lifetime.” At this point, both had tears streaming down their faces. Gayoon opened the box to reveal a diamond ring. “Kim Hyuna, I can’t imagine living a day without loving you, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?”

 

As she suspected of herself, Hyuna froze when she saw the diamond ring inside the box. She fought down the urge to faint again, but Gayoon was looking at her with a slowly saddening gaze. She didn’t know how to say yes, then Hara’s words of wisdom rang in her ears: Kiss her genius!

 

Hyuna jumped on top of Gayoon, pushing the two to the ground as her lips found the older woman’s in a passionate kiss. After several moments, the two pulled away breathless. Gayoon sat up, taking Hyuna with her. The younger of the two shifting her body to lean back on the older.

 

Gayoon took Hyuna’s left hand into her own and took the ring out of the box, gently fitting the ring onto her fiancé’s ring finger. “One day soon, you shall be Mrs. Heo Hyuna.”

 

Hyuna scoffed, “You must be mistaken Mrs. Kim Gayoon.”

 

“We’ll see about that Mrs. Heo Hyuna.”