Love and Hate

A Sick Game Called 'Love'

 

AN: Maybe if the freeloaders left comments then I would feel more inclined to be less evil to all of these poor couples…just a thought. I was going to be really mean this chapter but then I only decided to be mean. Also it takes a long time for me to write feels this intense because otps and it was painful. Y’ALL CAN BLAME STEVE FOR ME TAKING SO LONG BECAUSE STEVE DECIDED IT WAS OKAY TO GET ME INTO AILEE AND D-UNIT AND NO STEVE BAD STEVE GO IN THE CORNER TIME OUT TIME.

 

Also I don’t know crap about Photoshop or InDesign I just tell people to use it all day long because it is my job to yell at children and say get yo done or imma smack you. No, I only say that to my yeobo but she just reads crap for me so I don’t have to it’s nice. That said I don’t even know if the programs include tutorials on how to use them.



 

Love and Hate


Gyuri awoke as she normally does, cold and alone, rolling out of bed to start her pedestrian routine. Teeth, hair, face, clothes. It’s a wonder how an order so simple, creates the very essence of physical perfection.

 

As per usual, she left her room and entered the kitchen expecting her sister to be in there making breakfast. Who she found was not her sister, but Sunghee. "Hyomin said she had to go see Sergeant Park before going to practice. So I'm making breakfast, have a seat."

 

Gyuri paled as she did what was instructed. Making dinner/breakfast for each other was way too domestic for her liking. Dear god there was even a newspaper. She pushed it aside, not wanting to give in to the domesticity. Yet she still drank from the cup of coffee, side glancing at the headlines and mentally smacking herself for looking.

 

All she wanted was to escape, her mind couldn't handle it all. She receded back into a blank expression while her body went into autopilot. She thanked Sunghee for the food and they ate in silence.

 

Gyuri was able to quickly grab her plate and stand up to wash it in the sink before Sunghee had the chance. She would not allow this dynamic to continue. Sunghee soon followed after her and they were ready to go to the office of Im Industries for the first time.

 

Outside of the loft, a black car was waiting for them. A driver held the door open. Gyuri rested her hand on Sunghee's lower back, protectively guiding her to the car. The younger woman blushed from the light contact. Gyuri's eyes held a cold glare at the young man holding open the door.

 

He visibly gulped and made sure that the two women were securely in their seats before closing the door and running to the driver's seat, tail between his legs.

 

Gyuri focused her attention outside of the window. A crowd of reporters had gathered outside of the building upon hearing that the illegitimate child of one of the powerful businessmen in the country, was starting a job at the company.

 

The Captain turned to face the younger woman, taking in her fearful expression. Gyuri removed her own sunglasses and placed them in the woman's hands. "Put those on. Pretend they don't exist, ignore everything they say. I'll guide you through, everything will be fine."

 

Sunghee placed the sunglasses on her face, Gyuri smiled at how adorable she looked. The Captain opened the door and the smile fell, she stepped outside and offered her hand to the younger woman, which she gladly accepted.

 

Upon exiting the car she was bombarded with cameras, Gyuri did her best to push them all away but some still managed to get into her face.

 

“How does it feel after all of these years to know your father is the Im Taehyun?”

“Do you plan to take over the company after your father retires?”

“How does Im Yoona feel about you taking her place as the heir of the company?”

“Are you sleeping with Captain Park?”

 

The last question made Sunghee freeze, her mind easily recognizing the voice of her fiancé. Gyuri had heard him too, her head whipped in the direction of where his voice had been only to find a reporter. The Captain took hold of the woman’s hand and hastily led her through the crowd, not wanting to risk

the man attacking Sunghee.

 

Once inside the two rushed to the elevator, hands still intertwined. The elevator door opened and the pair were inside it within seconds, it had been empty before, and the Captain pushed the button for the sixteenth floor.  

 

Gyuri leaned against the wall of the elevator, exhaling a breath she hadn’t known she had been holding. She looked over to Sunghee who still adorned her sunglasses, the smile returned. Only then did she realize that her hand was still connected to Sunghee’s. Gyuri dropped the hand, a light blush on her features, she crossed her arms over her chest and looked away sunglasses forgotten.

 

The door opened, ending Gyuri’s torment. Only it didn’t. On the other side of the door stood Yoona and Yuri, the latter instantly noticing that the Captain’s sunglasses rested on Sunghee’s face.

 

Yoona ran up and hugged her older sister, dragging her away towards her office talking animatedly. Yuri and Gyuri trailed behind them, a smile plastered all over the former’s face.

 

“Giving up your sunglasses to her is a big commitment, I’m surprised. We may be sister’s-in-law at this rate.” Yuri laughed at her shorter counterpart.

 

The laughter ceased when the Captain turned to her, a cold glare settled on her features. “If you like your job you’ll be quiet.”

 

“Yes ma’am.” Yuri gulped and ran after Yoona.

 

Gyuri rolled her eyes and calmly walked to the room that the other three had disappeared into. Inside there was a large desk with a nice new computer, there was a second desk off to the side of the room that she figured would be for herself since there wasn’t a computer there.  Also in the room was a large glass coffee table with a sofa and two armchairs.

 

It was a nice office. Easily securable, there was a window but no buildings high enough to gain a vantage point, there would be no snipers. "Since you said you know next to nothing about Photoshop and InDesign it would be best if you took the tutorial for each program. I'll be across the floor in case you need something."

 

Yoona then left, giving Yuri a sly smirk. The Sergeant quickly followed after her, a big grin plastered across her face. Gyuri closed the door behind them, turning back to find Sunghee spinning around in the dark brown leather chair and still wearing her sunglasses. A smile broke out on her features, adorable.

 

Rather than interrupt the younger woman, Gyuri sat in the chair for the other desk. A note was placed atop the desk.

 

Captain,

I know that you're going to get bored sitting in that chair so I had Luna bring over the files you were working on along with your laptop. It's all in the bag by your feet.

-Sgt. Kwon

P.S. She put your favorite pointer in the side pocket.

 

Yuri knew her so well. Now she wouldn't feel like she was being unproductive in their fight against Eros. Soon enough they'll be finished, Siwon will be taken down and she can spend the rest of her life protecting the adorable woman who had stopped spinning in the chair, head on the desk.

 

Sunghee, having been working in a diner for several years, had no idea that technology had come so far that now computers were just monitors, no longer requiring the giant, tower-like structure. This being said, she had no idea how to turn it on. So rather than ask Gyuri, she spun around in her chair, that is until dizziness hit her and made her rest her head on the desk.

 

Huffing in frustration, she had no choice but to ask the shorter woman for help. "Gyul?" Crap I didn't mean for that to come out.

 

Gyuri's eyes widened at the shortened name that no one had ever called her, not even her sister. She looked over at the speaker of the pet name. "Yes?"

 

Sunghee bit her lip before asking the question. "I uh I don't know how to turn this thing on."

 

Gyuri smiled, knowing it would be mean to laugh. She found the taller woman's lack of technological capabilities endearing, though she'd never admit it to anyone let alone herself.

 

The Captain stood from her chair and made her way behind Sunghee's chair. One hand rested on the back of it while the other reached behind the monitor, groping around for the power button.
 

Sunghee could feel the heat emanating from the woman's body, so close to her own. Her intoxicating scent overwhelming her senses. Her head turned so she could have more exposure.

 

Gyuri had found the button and pressed it, the monitor lit up with the loading screen. She rested her hand on the desk and turned to look at Sunghee. Only Sunghee was much closer than she anticipated, their noses touching, breath mingling.

 

Before Sunghee could close the gap, Gyuri turned away and had her cheek kissed. A bright red blush took over the Captain’s features.   

 

Gyuri returned to her desk, ignoring the lingering gaze of the younger woman and her urge to take the woman on top of her desk. She pulled out the bag from under her feet and rifled through it, looking for the file she wanted.

 

Sunghee kept her eyes on the Captain, noticing that the woman made sure that she couldn’t see her blushing face. It took her several moments to realize that Gyuri would not be turning around to face her. Her vision refocused on the bright screen in front of her, InDesign and Photoshop…I have no idea what those even look like.

 

“Gyul?” Damnit not again.

 

Said woman didn’t even flinch at the name, getting used to it, she didn’t look over at the woman either. “Yes?”

 

The younger woman bit her lip nervously. “Can you come here?”

 

Gyuri stood up instantaneously and sauntered to the desk where she had been previously standing. Leaning over as she had before, her left hand resting on the back of the chair while the other rested on the desk. “Which ones are Photoshop and InDesign?”

 

The standing woman rolled her eyes and went back to her desk, grabbing the bag and the files she pulled out and putting them in the chair. She dragged the chair across the room and deposited it next to Sunghee’s. “What are you doing?”

 

Gyuri didn’t answer at first, instead she set her bag down on the floor and put the files on the corner of the desk. She then pulled out her favorite pointer, extending it. She took her seat and put the files on her lap before resting her feet on the corner of the desk. Without looking, Gyuri pointed to two icons on the screen, “Photoshop, InDesign.”

 

Sunghee clicked on the Photoshop icon first and waited the eternity it took for the program to load. She found the tutorial in the help section of the toolbar and started the long process of learning how to use this program.

 

After several hours and many points from Gyuri and her metal pointer, she had finished the tutorial and thus made her first Photoshop creation. Filled with pride in her work she decided she wanted to print it out and frame it. There was a decent sized printer on her desk and of course she had to ask the stoic and hardworking Captain how to print it out.

 

Her excitement overtook her, her hand shooting out like a rocket at the paper that had just come out of the printer. Her finger sliced over the edge, a sharp stinging pain caused her to yelp.

 

Gyuri bolted upright from hearing the woman in distress. She took the hand that Sunghee had received the paper cut on and brought the finger into . She ran her tongue along the wound and noticed the younger woman flinch, from what she was unsure. She on the digit, tasting the irony substance of blood, trying to relieve the pain.

 

Sunghee bit her lip, a red tint shading her cheeks as she was torn between pain and pleasure. She swallowed down a moan when the shorter woman on her finger. Her knees buckled and her other hand reached out to steady herself on the chair, only the chair swiveled forward and she crashed into the woman. A hand found its way around her waist, keeping her in place while her own made its way around the shorter woman’s shoulders.

 

“G-Gyul what are you doing?” Regaining her composure, Sunghee pulled her hand away from Gyuri’s firm grasp. “Are you like a vampire or something??”

 

Gyuri was lost in her own world, unsure of what had just happened. A strange irony taste was on her tongue, and her brows furrowed in distaste. Then she noticed that Sunghee was very much in her personal space. Backing away quickly, tripping over the bag behind her she landed with a hard thud to the ground.

 

Sunghee cautiously stepped over the bag and knelt down by Gyuri’s side. “Yes vampire, no vampire. Just tell me where we’re at with you being a vampire.”

 

The Captain’s brows knitted together in confusion as she sat up and looked at the woman beside her. “I-what-no! I’m not a vampire.”

 

“Right well it’s lunch time, let’s go eat.” Sunghee changed the subject, still uncertain if the other woman’s species. Her Photoshop creation lying forgotten in the printer tray as the two left the office to feed themselves.

 

Gyuri followed the woman out of their office, confused by what had just occurred and why she couldn’t remember what happened. She hoped it wouldn’t become a habit.   

 

**

 

Hyomin’s hand rapped furiously at the apartment door. It was early enough that Jiyeon would still be home. Sure enough, five minutes later, she heard the lock click open and the door slowly opened.

 

On the other side of the door, Jiyeon had just finished getting ready without any caffeine in her system. She looked like a tired child, her eyes downcast as she opened the door. Slowly they trailed up to meet the gaze of a furious looking Hyomin. Her eyes widened and her posture straightened perfectly. “H-Hyomin?”
 

The older woman crossed her arms over her chest before storming into the apartment past a stunned Jiyeon. It took the younger woman’s brain a few moments to catch up to what was happening, before she closed the door.
 

"How could you?!" Hyomin shouted at the younger who flinched at the harsh tone.

 

"Do what?" There were so many different possibilities of what she could have done that she honestly had no idea what she did. All she knew was that having the older woman angry at her was something she didn't like.

 

"You ruined Sunny's relationship. She came to me last night broken and you know what she told me?" Hyomin paused to see if recognition flashed across the younger's features, it did not. All she saw was tiredness mixed with apathy. "She said that you slept with her girlfriend."

 

"I sleep with everyone's girlfriend." Jiyeon masked her pain with an acerbic voice.

 

Hyomin gripped at her sides, holding back her urge to retaliate. Violence wouldn't solve anything, she could see the pain in Jiyeon's eyes. "Why? Why do you sleep with everyone...everyone and not me. Why not me?!"

 

Jiyeon looked away from Hyomin. "You should leave."

 

"What is so wrong with me that I get excluded from your around?!" Hyomin demanded, tears pricked at the corners of both of their eyes.

 

"Get out! Now!" Jiyeon’s head was downcast as she ed the door open, her other hand furiously wiping at her eyes to get rid of the tears.

 

Hyomin’s nostrils flared as she stormed over to the Sergeant, latching onto both of her wrists and slamming her into the wall behind her. Her foot kicking the door closed while Jiyeon fought against her grasp unsuccessfully.

 

"Stop." The younger woman breathed out, fear and desire coursing through her. Hyomin's hands left her wrists and trapped her sides in. The younger's hands found their way around the athlete's neck.

 

"No." Their lips met in a hard kiss, the younger pulled her in tighter, their bodies pressing together. Hyomin bit down on the other woman's lip, forcing it open to meet Jiyeon's tongue.

 

The younger's knees gave out, holding onto Hyomin for support. The other pushed her up further into the wall. The athlete’s hands held onto her waist, pulling them tighter, creating more friction between them. Her hands went to the button of Jiyeon’s tight jeans, ing, then ping them.

 

Before a hand could be slipped past the waistline of her underwear, Jiyeon pushed the other woman away. Both of their breathing rates were erratic.  Jiyeon avoided eye contact, readjusting her jeans. “I think you should leave.”

 

“I’m not leaving without an answer.” Hyomin lunged at Jiyeon which the younger was able to easily evade. A chase around the younger woman's apartment ensued, Jiyeon had an advantage since she's been living there for a few years.

 

The younger remained silent while she ducked into the kitchen. "This is childish. Just come out and say it!"

 

Not a moment later, Hyomin had found her. The Sergeant tripped going into the hallway, the woman was on her in an instant. Crawling away was a futile attempt, her back hit the floor in defeat. Jiyeon had to stop herself from trembling when the woman pressed fully into her, hot breath tickling her ear. “Now be a good girl and tell me.”

 

Jiyeon’s mind was blanking, having the woman on top of her, holding her down, and breathing onto her sent her brain into sensory overload. “Tell you what?” She breathed out, her hands unconsciously holding onto Hyomin’s hips.

 

The older woman’s head fell to the floor next to Jiyeon’s head, huffing in frustration. After several moments of this, Hyomin raised her head to look Jiyeon in the eyes. “Tell me why you sleep with everyone and their mothers, but not me.”

 

Jiyeon hesitated in answering, fear of rejection overtaking her. She knew Hyomin was in love with Sunny, that was the whole reason she was here. She didn’t care when she ruined a countless number of previous relationships. That was what drove her to answer with the coldest tone she could muster: “Oh that, I’ve hated you since high school. I’ve only tolerated you because you’re my superior’s sister.”

 

Hyomin sat up and looked at the younger woman's blank face, pink still tingeing her cheeks. There wasn't hate in her eyes, only adoration. "I don't believe you. Your eyes give you away."

 

“I’m thinking about someone else.” There’s only you.

 

“Bull.” Tears pricked at the corners of Hyomin’s eyes, she didn’t come here just to be rejected by someone else. Well, she did come to teach the woman a lesson but that didn’t quite go as planned, nor was it what she really wanted.

 

"She's much prettier than you and her sister isn't my boss." There's no one more beautiful than you.

 

"You're lying!" The tears broke through the barrier, flowing freely as she hovered over the younger. Jiyeon hated herself for making the woman she loves cry, it was for the best. That's what she told herself in order to stop her from taking Hyomin into her arms and never letting go.

 

One final blow and Hyomin would be free to be with Sunny. Jiyeon leaned up to press her lips against the shell of the woman's ear. "It's Taeyeon."

 

As she expected, Hyomin reeled back, rolling to the floor next to her. "Now, will you get out?"

 

Hyomin shook her head in disbelief, rising from the floor and taking one last look at a spaced out Jiyeon before leaving throwing a ‘Liar’ over her shoulder.


Jiyeon heard the door slam closed, her fist making contact with the hard floor to her side. She rolled onto her side, curling into a ball, engulfed in a fitful of silent sobs.

 

 

 

 

 

AN: And thus MinYeon feels are had and don’t even talk to me about what just happened with SungRi because quite honestly I don’t even know what I just did. Did I just make Gyuri into a vampire or am I just trolling you people, who knows because even I don’t know right now. Also sorry for taking so long, education and feels and my impending high school graduation has caused me to lose motivation. But rest assured Steve will keep me motivated.

I have a bagillion plots for different stories and more are added every day but do not fear this has my primary focus even though I really want to write the super hero one I've been brainstorming for a while now. 

Next chapter: Taecyeon confronts Yonghwa, Mr. Im finds out about YoonYul, Kim Enterprises Marketing team actually does their job omfg that’s never happened before, and Kwon Ana plots with the vampire twins(about what, only I know and Steve sort of not really)