Yonghwa's A Stalker

A Sick Game Called 'Love'

 

AN: I don't know why y'all are getting excited for this...it's going to be an emotional train wreck. What goes through my mind when I write this is "What else can I do to make these couples suffer in every possible way?". And it works, I have so many plot ideas for this it's ridiculous. Anyways, I'm glad so many of you enjoy this, I also wrote a chapter so you have that to look forward to. Now back to editing all of my other chapters, Enjoy!

 

Chapter One: Yonghwa's A Stalker

 

That weekend…

 

Hyoyeon and Yuri were at the gym, here, Yuri could make sure Hyoyeon didn’t over do her exercises. The two were running on the treadmill in a comfortable silence.

 

Yuri was the first to break the silence when she noticed that Hyoyeon had quickened her pace. “Was it really that bad?”

 

Hyoyeon gave her best friend a sideways glance. “Let’s see here, Seohyun’s been avoiding me all week after Jessica threatened her because she found out I only have a GED and she finally decided to talk to me to tell me she’s going on a date with Yonghwa; JeA’s pride and joy. It totally wasn’t that bad.”

 

Yuri wanted to laugh but the pace she was running at made it impossible, and painful, to do so. “Alright, so it was pretty bad. At least you get a consistent co-worker, one day Yoona wants to screw the living daylights out of me and the next she hates my very existence. Why did I have to fall in love with a bipolar girl?”

 

Hyoyeon looked sadly at Yuri. “You don’t have to hang out with me in public everywhere. I don’t want you risking what you may or may not have with Yoona for me.”

 

Yuri let out an exasperated sigh and wore a sad expression for the rest of the run. “Keeping her safe comes first, my loyalty to you comes second and my unrequited love comes last. Besides, she’ll never find out unless I tell her. And even if she hates me I still have to protect her.”

 

The rest of their run was silent. They stopped when the two had finished their 3-mile run. They gathered their stuff and left in Yuri’s car.

 

“Can we go to the park? I haven’t thrown in a while.” Hyoyeon asked and received a nod for an answer.

 

**

 

Yonghwa had showed up to Seohyun’s house with a picnic basket and a bouquet of flowers, mostly roses. She took the flowers and thanked him for them and then placed them in a vase.

 

The pair walked to the local park, where Yonghwa knew Hyoyeon would be at this time. He wanted to rub it in her face just a little bit more.

 

They walked into the middle of the outfield of the softball field and set up their picnic. Seohyun was a little skeptical of why they were at a softball field when there was a picnic area just a little further.

 

Seeing this confusion Yonghwa quickly explained with a smile; “Well since we work for a softball slash baseball company, I figured I’d show you the best softball player I’ve ever seen.”

 

Seohyun couldn’t help but smile back, she found Yonghwa’s smile to be infectious. He pulled out the food that he had packed in the basket. They began to eat the little sandwiches he made them while they waited for the “best softball player ever”.

 

Hyoyeon and Yuri had arrived at the field and began to get their equipment ready a few minutes after Seohyun and Yonghwa had started eating.  

 

Hyoyeon had put on her blue Kizuno 9-spikes and triple knotted the laces because that was the only sure-fire way here cleats wouldn’t fall off during “practice”. Yuri put on her black pair of the same brand and grabbed a new looking ball from her bag and her Krawlings mitt. Hyoyeon also grabbed her Krawlings mitt and followed Yuri out of the dugout; they stretched out their arms and legs before beginning their warm-ups.

 

Hyoyeon was the first to notice the picnickers in center field since she was on the fence side of the foul line. She caught Yuri’s throw and dropped her glove to the ground and ran past a confused Yuri and up to the two picnickers, something she wished she hadn’t done.

 

Seohyun had her back to Hyoyeon and hadn’t noticed she was there. Only when Hyoyeon spoke did she look towards the shorter blonde.

 

“Hi, my friend and I are going to be hitting balls at each other back and forth from second base and short stop and I’m not confident that we’ll catch every single hit so I’m just warning you ahead of time to keep your heads up.” Hyoyeon explained to Yonghwa and the mystery girl. He smiled at her and then the girl turned to face her with a deer in headlights expression.

 

The light smile on Hyoyeon’s face was wiped off immediately but she never took her eyes off of Seohyun’s. “What are you doing here?”

 

Yonghwa answered before Seohyun could open . “I decided to take Seohyun out for a picnic to come and watch my favorite softball player practice her stuff.”

 

Hyoyeon gave Yonghwa a death glare, she should have known that the jerk would want to rub it in that he had what she didn’t. There was something off about him that she wanted to figure out. No, she needed to figure it out.

 

“Well, Seohyun, I do hope you enjoy the show.” She gave one last death glare to Yonghwa before running back to Yuri.

 

Seeing the anger on her best friends face Yuri knew she was in for a world of pain. “What happened?”

 

Hyoyeon was seething at this point, she spoke through gritted teeth, “Yonghwa decided to bring Seohyun here on a picnic to watch us. I need to vent a little, are you warm* yet?”

 

(*Warm means ready to go because your arm is loose.)

 

Yuri nodded and went back into the dugout to grab the bucket of balls and her spare TPS Xeno that Yoona had given her to test out, she didn’t have the heart to tell Yoona she already had one.

 

Hyoyeon jogged over to the short stop position while Yuri was grabbing the equipment. She looked over her left shoulder to see that Seohyun was watching her intently while Yonghwa was smiling victoriously at her. She rolled her eyes and turned to face Yuri who was now dumping the bucket of balls on the ground and handing the bucket to Hyoyeon to put at second base.

 

Yuri made sure that Hyoyeon would get her workout, hitting balls left and right, up and down. Some hits even forced Hyoyeon to dive in order to stop the ball from going into the outfield.

 

During the routine, Yonghwa and Seohyun had begun to talk about the typical first date topics. They already knew about each other’s jobs and so they were able to skip that topic.

 

“So do you have any roommates?” Yonghwa asked after Hyoyeon had managed to catch a ball that had bounced in the air pretty high above her head.

 

Seohyun stared in awe at the fluidity and natural grace of Hyoyeon’s movements. She knew she was supposed to be answering questions but she was distracted by the blonde goddess. She turned her head to look at Yonghwa. “No roommates, but I live with my younger brother and my dad. My mom died three years ago in a car accident. I’ve been taking care of my family ever since then.”

 

Yonghwa gave her a sad smile, but internally he was smirking perfect opportunity. “I know how you feel. My mom died when I was twelve, my big brother Taecyeon had to take care of me when our dad abandoned us.”

 

His lie based on a truth worked when Seohyun completely turned to face him, all focus was lost from Hyoyeon and placed on him. “It must have been so hard to lose her at an early age. I can’t imagine what would have happened to me if she had died earlier.”

 

He placed a hand on her shoulder for encouragement. “You would have been fine because you are an amazing person and I’ve never met anyone like you before.”

 

The last comment had made Seohyun blush. Yonghwa saw this as his perfect moment. He brushed a stray strand of her hair away from her face and he began to lean in slowly. He closed his eyes when he was a few inches away.

 

Hyoyeon had sensed something was wrong, instead of waiting to catch the ball Yuri was in the process of hitting straight at her, she turned around and almost let out a cry of frustration at the sight she saw. Instead she was hit in her left thigh by a hard hit ball that caused her to fall on one knee. Yuri looked past Hyoyeon to see why her best friend would stop what she was doing and turn around.

 

Yuri began to quickly grab all of the equipment so that she could get Hyoyeon out of the park and to the batting cages as quickly as possible.

 

Seohyun had seen Hyoyeon stare at her with so much sadness, then she had seen her fall to the ground because of the ball Yuri had hit. Before Seohyun could pull away, Yonghwa had pulled her into a kiss. Their first kiss, her first kiss. It should have felt more magical but all she felt was sadness. It’s not like she didn’t enjoy it, the kiss was fine but it wasn’t exceptional. She imagined that a kiss with Hyoyeon would be more amazing than this would.

 

When Yonghwa pulled away, he had a soft smile gracing his features. “That was amazing, but I want you to know that this date isn’t over. Has anyone ever taken you to the batting cages before?”

 

Seohyun shook her head and smiled at him. She was going to try her hardest to like him, they had so much in common it was almost too good to be true.

 

**

 

Jessica sat on the couch in her and her sister’s apartment, her legs were hanging over the edge of one side as she read a book.

 

Krystal was pacing back and forth trying to figure out where she placed her wallet the night before. She stopped when she noticed Jessica holding it up while reading the book.

 

Krystal gave an exasperated sigh and snatched her wallet back. “Oh my god you have no life!”

 

Jessica gave her a cold stare and rolled her eyes at her younger sister as she continued to get ready for her date.

 

Krystal continued running around the apartment trying to find miscellaneous items that Jessica somehow managed to have majority of. “Would you stop that? It’s really starting to creep me out.”

 

Jessica could only smirk and continued reading her book. She let out a soft whimper when Krystal yanked the book from her hands and threw it across the room.

 

“What the hell?! Why did you do that?!” Jessica sat up from her comfortable position on the chair.

 

“Give me your phone.” Krystal demanded holding out her hand for Jessica to put her phone in.

 

Jessica slapped it away. “No! Why would I give you my phone?!”

 

Krystal wouldn’t take no for an answer and reached into Jessica’s front pocket and removed the phone by force. She unlocked the phone and searched through the contacts.

 

“What are you doing?” Jessica tried to get her phone back but failed, Krystal had the higher ground in this battle.

 

Krystal found who she was looking for and pressed call. “I’m calling Tiffany for you, you need to get out of the house before you turn into a vampire.”

 

After two rings Tiffany answered the phone, she was surprised that Jessica would actually call her. “Hello?

 

Krystal gave Jessica a devilish smile and walked away from her sister. “Hi Tiffany, it’s Krystal, Jessica’s sister. I was just calling to ask if you wanted to meet Jessica at the coffee shop down the street from the office.”

 

On the other line Tiffany was doing a happy dance. “Of course, when should I be there?”

 

Jessica knew that Tiffany would say yes and tried her best to get the phone back. “SOOJUNG I AM SO GOING TO KILL YOU!”

 

Tiffany laughed at Jessica’s war cry that she heard in the background.

 

“Does 30 minutes work for you?” Krystal kept grinning as she ran away from her sister throughout the tiny apartment.

 

“Yes it does, tell her I can’t wait!” Tiffany ended the call when she heard Krystal relay the message to a yelling Jessica.

 

“Go get ready! You have a date in half an hour!” Krystal gave Jessica back her phone and walked into her sister’s room to raid the closet for something to wear. When she finally settled on something she flung a pair of dark blue skinny jeans, a white tank top and light blue plaid button up.

 

“I can’t believe I’m actually doing this.” She said as she put on the clothes her sister threw at her. She quickly brushed her hair and teeth before heading out the door, she made sure to grab her book because she knew she was going to be early.

 

Krystal smiled victoriously before her smile fell and she realized she was late for her own date. She took the car keys and ran out the door.

 

To be continued eventually...