Mission Prep

A Sick Game Called 'Love'

AN: Ye going down

 

The members of EPD gathered around the conference room at the precinct, waiting for the Captain to arrive. Jessica didn’t even bat an eyelash when Boa followed in after Detective Park. Everyone sat in the chairs of the conference table, Jessica and Boa taking the two seats closest to the board.

 

Gasps were heard when Gyuri arrived wearing sunglasses with a lightheaded Jiyeon in tow. Boa stood immediately, helping the injured woman to her seat, giving Gyuri a murderous glare. The captain was oblivious to everyone in the room, too busy pinning up various blueprints of the different levels of the warehouse Siwon was holding his captives.

 

Gyuri leaned back against the table, lips pursed in concentration as she devised a plan of attack, trying to pinpoint the best location to hold the two women. Jessica looked around the room then to the board, analyzing it for potential search and seizure points.

 

“Four teams of two, each split off and take one floor.” Jessica’s eyes never left the board.

 

“There are two hostages, Kim Sunghee and my sister.” The lieutenant now looked for what the captain was searching for. Everyone in the room idly sat, chatting to themselves. Boa checked on Jiyeon, making sure that the sergeant didn’t aggravate her injury.

 

Jessica could find several locations that the hostages could be placed. She pointed at different locations on the first floor and both of the underground levels. “We’ll need an arsenal, station issued pistols won’t cut it.”

 

“There’s no time to get prior approval, we’re doing this outside of regulation.” Gyuri finally turned her head to face the lieutenant.

 

“I know someone, let me make a phone call while you brief everyone.” Jessica left the room, standing outside in the hallway pulling out her phone and calling who she needed to.

 

Jessi did something happen?”

 

Jessica smiled to herself, it dropped before she spoke. “Um, I need a favor.”

 

What is it?”

 

The lieutenant could hear the concern in her voice. “I need to borrow some of your arsenal, Choi Siwon kidnapped Gyuri’s girlfriend and sister.”

 

“I’ll let you borrow what’s in the room on one condition. Jinri and I come with you.”

 

Jessica couldn’t help but worry for her secret agent girlfriend even if she knew the woman could handle herself. “O-okay.”

 

“Great okay, Jinri let’s go.” Jessica heard the voice on the line and from around the corner. She looked and found her girlfriend and her sister’s girlfriend.

 

“Sulli?! What are you doing here?!” Sulli rolled her eyes in time with Tiffany.

 

“Sulli, Jinri, same difference.” Jessica stared dumbfounded while the two agents entered the conference room.

 

“Ssul?! I-I can explain!” Krystal stared at her girlfriend like a deer in headlights, getting caught in her lie.

 

“It’s okay, I’ve known the whole time.” Sulli found Krystal hiding that she’s a police officer to be sweet, hiding the danger from her.

 

An awkward silence enveloped the conference room. Boa was the first to speak up. “Captain, I want Jiyeon with you and Sunyoung with Jessica.”

 

Gyuri nodded, turning around to face her squad. “That leaves Hyuna with Hara, Krystal with Yuri.”

 

“What about me Captain?” Zin piped up, feeling left out.

 

“You’ll be keeping watch over all of the potential targets in case they double back and try to strike while we’re vulnerable. Everyone call your target and get them here asap.” Gyuri allowed her squad to make their calls, pulling Sulli and Tiffany aside.

 

“I know Sulli, who are you?” Tiffany knew she was talking to her because of the mention of Sulli but with the sunglasses it was difficult.

 

“Agent Tiffany Hwang, Jessi’s girlfriend.” Tiffany smiled and extended her hand for the captain to shake which she did on instinct.

 

“Sulli, is there something you’ve been hiding?” Gyuri turned her attention to Sulli, Krystal’s ears piqued from hearing her girlfriend’s name.

 

“Agent Choi Jinri, Krys’ girlfriend.” Sulli grinned, offering her hand as well for Gyuri to shake.

 

“Who exactly do you two work for?” Gyuri’s brows disappeared under her sunglasses.

 

“Secret.” Both agents said in unison.

 

“Captain, we’re all ready to head to Tiffany’s.” Jessica informed the leader, stepping in front of her to take Tiffany’s hand in her own.

 

Krystal sidled up next to Sulli, deciding that the two of them would talk when not in a time constrained mission. Boa helped Jiyeon up and into Gyuri’s and Luna’s arms, staying behind with Zin after receiving a disturbing message from Ana telling her to stay put. Hyuna linked arms with Hara, much happier with the news of her awake fiancée. Yuri trailed behind the group, shooting a good luck to Zin.

 

**

 

“Appa! Appa! I got a oo at school this morning and now it’s gone!” A small child, no more than eight hopped into her lap at lightning speed.

 

“That’s good! Let’s go tell your umma!” Hyomin set the girl down and kneeled in front of her, waiting for her to jump on her shoulders for a ride. The little girl squealed as she hopped on her shoulders, Hyomin dashing off at an inhuman speed to find Jiyeon in the kitchen.

 

The little girl jumped over Hyomin’s head and latched onto her mother’s thighs, bouncing in excitement. “Umma umma umma umma!”

 

“Yes Hyuna?” Jiyeon flashed a smile at Hyomin before diverting her eyes lower to her daughter.

 

“So, so, at school today we were seeing how far we could jump off the swings and I jumped like super farther than Fei but I hurt myself on the ground and it stung and was yucky but then Minha helped me stand up and smiled at me and then when I looked at my oo after school it’s not there no more!”

 

Hyomin’s eyes narrowed at the beginning of Hyuna’s tangent, but allowed the girl to finish before reprimanding her. “Park Hyuna! How many times have I told you that you have to tone down how fast and strong you are?!”

 

“I’m sorry appa, I just really wanted to impress Minha because she smells really really nice!” Hyuna pouted up at Hyomin, playing innocent.

 

The two parents grimaced, their child was much too young for that. Hyomin knelt down to Hyuna’s level, putting her arms on both shoulders. “Can I trust you?”

 

Hyuna nodded. “Good. Promise me that you’ll wait ten years before you try and date Minha and that you won’t show off anymore?”

 

Hyuna puffed out her cheeks, mulling it over. “Okay appa! When I am eighteen and only when I am eighteen I will ask Minha to marry me and we’ll have lots of babies!”

 

The girl ran off before either parent could protest. Jiyeon wrapped her arms around her wife from behind. “At least she got the gist of it.”   

 

Hyomin startled awake, finding herself bound to a chair, she could smell Sunghee behind her and several other people in the room. She remained with her eyes closed, feigning unconsciousness. She decided not to dwell on the disturbingly vivid dream she had, mainly confused as to why she would name her child after Gayoon’s crazy girlfriend.

 

Sunghee’s breaths were labored from her rage, her eyes narrowed at the man in front of her that she once loved. She could feel Hyomin’s presence behind her, she assumed the younger was still unconscious.

 

“She’s going to tear you apart.” The woman seethed.

 

He laughed, finding the idea absurd. “How? She’s like half the size of me!” He spoke between laughs.

 

“She may not look that strong but she can lift me up on top of things and hold me up against a wall.” Sunghee’s eyes glazed over, daydreaming about her little vampire.

 

“What did you just say?” His laughter ceased, his words grit through his teeth.

 

“Oh you know exactly what I said Siwon.” Sunghee grit back, enjoying the effect she had on him.

 

He smirked, stepping into her personal space, hand raised above his head ready to strike. Sunghee closed her eyes in anticipation of the blow. It never came, instead she heard a loud smack from behind her. He had struck Hyomin instead.

 

“For every question you don’t answer truthfully I will hurt your precious Gyuri’s baby sister.” Hyomin no longer feigned sleep, cold blue-grey eyes trained on him.

 

“When Gyuri gets here, we’ll both tear you apart. Limb from limb until you die from shock.” He backhanded her, the laughter returning.

 

**

 

The squad members, save for Zin, stood in a line outside the armory in Tiffany’s house. The agent handing them each an earpiece that acted as a radio so they could keep track of each other. She took down an assault rifle and several clips, handing them to Gyuri, who nodded silently in thanks.

 

Jiyeon was next in line, Tiffany handed her the submachine gun with the least amount of kick seeing the bandage wrapped around her head. “Do you have any pain killers in there?”

 

The agent nodded, rummaging through several drawers before pulling out a bottle, handing a pill along with several clips for the gun. “Sustained morphine, should be good for eight hours.”

 

Jiyeon thanked her, joining Gyuri on the side. Hara stepped up to the agent, receiving a shotgun with a modified clip size that was well outside of the legal range, but they’d need it. Hyuna approached and was handed an identical shotgun, joining Hara on the side.

 

Krystal stepped up next, Sulli handing her two machine pistols with a quick kiss. Yuri was handed an assault rifle, joining Krystal on the sidelines. Luna was given a submachine gun similar to Jiyeon’s, knowing that the mayor would be appreciative.

 

Jessica stepped up last, Tiffany let out a deep breath before grabbing a chair and climbing to the top of her gun rack, taking down her favorite gun, a P90. She pressed her forehead against it, whispering to it: “Please keep her safe.”

 

She turned to Jessica, extending the weapon out for her to take. “Please take care of PeeWee, he’s my baby.”

 

“You named your gun PeeWee?” Jessica stifled her laugh, taking the gun and slinging the strap around her shoulder and waiting for Tiffany to hand her extra clips.

 

The two agents send the officers ahead to the warehouse so they could arm themselves appropriately which required going to Minho’s apartment.

 

**

 

The officer’s parked their vehicles a good distance away, all gathering to stand around the hood of Gyuri’s patrol car. “Yuri, Krystal you two take the top floor. Hyuna, Hara take the ground floor. Jiyeon and I will take the first underground level. Jessica, Luna take the bottom floor. You encounter any hostiles radio in, stick together no matter what. We’re all making it out of here you understand?”

 

“Yes, Captain!” The seven answered with uniformed practice.

 

All eight squad members formed together, entering the building and dispersing between the floors.

 

From atop the roof, Ana shook her head clear of all thoughts, slipping into her assassin mindset. Distancing herself from her target, allowing her to do what she needed to do in order to keep her sister safe. She kept her radio on the officers’ frequency as she slipped down through the opposite stairwell down to the bottom floor, to track down Luna and extract her to her boss’ location.

 

Once she drops Luna off she could seek Minho’s help.