Irresistible

A Sick Game Called 'Love'

AN: I’m back! Finals are this week so I’m not drowning like Ophelia in homework and I have found a well of inspiration for this fic! Also I’ve changed some information about Jiyeon in the bios page, it’s just an age change and an added sentence about her being an emo sailor whenever Hyomin is around. *Gasp* is that MinYeon you see? Well yes, but like every other couple in this fic I will ruin them. Also BEG’s SNL episode made me cry from laughter especially JeA as a star and the ‘Plastic Face’ video, also JeSha as teachers made me sob about not having them for teachers...it would be the best class ever. Also sobbing because of T-ara and After School. That is all for my horrendously long authors note, enjoy the chapter folks~



Irresistible

A week had passed since Yuri was admitted into the hospital. Yoona hadn’t been to visit her once and it was starting to take it’s toll on the young Sergeant. Hyoyeon had visited her to complain about leaving her alone for the equipment testing trip that she had left for on the final day of the week.

Gyuri had visited every day in order to brief her on what was happening and to keep her company while the older worked on the reports. She had read Luna’s reports about Yoona out loud, knowing the Sergeant would want to hear them.

After visiting the Sergeant, Gyuri would venture to the diner until it’s closing time to make sure that Sunghee made it home safely, much to the waitress’s discontent. The lines between duty and infatuation had begun to blur for the Captain, she often found herself drifting off into thought about the waitress and it made her uncomfortable.

Seohyun had moved in with Yonghwa, malice still in her mind, but she was able to convince the older man that she and Hyoyeon hated each other. He was so convinced that he didn’t even bat an eyelash when his fiance told him that she would be staying in a hotel room with her boss for a company trip.

JeA had snuck out of the dinner after her father started to discuss business plans with the chef. She took a taxi over to Narsha’s loft and the two didn’t get much sleep, it reminded her of her first time her junior year of high school. The two hadn’t spoken to each other since, mostly because JeA was beginning to regret after she spent more time with her husband-to-be. He was much more amicable than she thought he would be, she learned this when he would take her to lunch every day and the two would talk about their lives.

Every day, Sunny would arrive to practice more sore than the day before. She felt as though Taeyeon practically lived at her apartment now since the Kim never seemed to leave. Sunny started to think that she turned her girlfriend into a addict. She wasn’t all that surprised when Taeyeon asked to move in with her, who was she to deny her long-time girlfriend. She had moved in at the end of the week, all she had brought was the rest of her wardrobe since most of the essentials had already been brought over during the week.

Jessica avidly ignored Tiffany at the office. When the younger tried to bring up a conversation, Jessica sent her an icy cold glare and left the room. Tiffany had been looking forward to the company trip ever since Hyoyeon proclaimed that she and Seohyun would be staying in the same room, leaving Jessica and Tiffany together. The trip would only last the weekend but it was still enough.

Luna had been the perfect girlfriend all week long, even with the much more rigid schedule of taking care of the Im diva. Victoria had wanted to take things slowly and the short Detective was more than obliging, much to the younger’s dismay. She was dying without physical contact, but she forced herself to persevere because she didn’t want to ruin whatever she had with the waitress. She had often found herself asking advice from Sergeant Park who had always seemed to be lost in her own thoughts. It also didn’t help that everything Victoria did, turned Luna on to no end.

Eros had been quiet since Yuri was stabbed, it was strange that they had gone quiet. One would think that they would attack full force, Gyuri thought that they were playing mind games with her. They meaning Siwon, the number one suspect on her list. Without concrete evidence, she couldn’t do anything about it. Likewise, Siwon couldn’t do anything to Gyuri without his fiancee finding out.

After seeing Sunny come to practice everyday with more and more bruises on her neck, Hyomin began to realize that there was no hope for her and started to slowly move on, it still hurt her to see Sunny so happy but she could live with it. The same could not be said for Jiyoon though. When Gayoon had shown up to practice wearing an engagement ring, she realized she was running out of time to claim what was hers. Rather than move on, she became more and more obsessed. She began to count down the days to their first overseas game.

Krystal had kept true to her promise to spend more time with Sulli, she was thankful that work had never called her away. Sulli had used the key given to her to sneak into Krystal’s bedroom late in the night. She would always get caught by Jessica, it seemed as though the older Jung never slept even though she was so lazy. When Sulli would sneak past Jessica she would always see the Jung reading documents, she didn’t know what they were about and she never bothered to look. Before opening the door she would always see a brunette sitting by the door, when she left in the early morning she was gone.

**

Jessica, Tiffany, Seohyun, and Hyoyeon departed from the small city that they live in on the Kim private jet. They arrived at LAX and took a rental car to the hotel near the Research and Development building. Jessica still had a valid California license and was able to drive them there even though Tiffany had government clearance and could literally drive a tank on the freeway. Of course she never advertised that to anyone.

The two American-born occupants of the car sat in front while Seohyun and Hyoyeon occupied the back and gave each other shy smiles. Jessica checked the four into their two rooms and dragged Tiffany to the elevator, putting as much distance between them as possible and forcing the agent to carry their luggage. Seohyun and Hyoyeon had taken a separate elevator, the younger of the two not allowing the older to carry the bags even if Hyoyeon said that she was fine.

Their rooms were adjacent to each other, for safety reasons, and Jessica required that the doors interconnecting the rooms remained unlocked in case of emergency. When the four made it to their rooms, Jessica collapsed on the bed and fell asleep immediately. A genuine smile cracked through on Tiffany’s features, it fell when she realized there was only one bed and a one-seat couch.

She was used to much worse than the couch, but felt that Jessica would be too tired to protest them sharing a bed. It’s not like she was going to sleep though. She had to wait up for the man following them to arrive.

When they got their room keys, Tiffany had switched them so that Hyoyeon and Seohyun were staying in the room she and the Lieutenant were supposed to stay in. Now that they were settled in, all she had to do was wait for the man to come in.

Hyoyeon had entered the room first, since she wasn’t carrying the luggage, and held the door open for Seohyun. The taller girl set the bags down inside the door and attached her lips to Hyoyeon’s almost immediately.

Surprised from the contact, Hyoyeon stumbled until her back hit the wall and her hands braced themselves on Seohyun’s waist. The taller pulled back after a few moments, panting.

“I missed you.” She said breathlessly.

Hyoyeon huffed out a laugh, discomfort in her side but it was manageable. “I can tell.”

Seohyun stepped away from her boss and carried the bags further into the room, collapsing onto the bed, soon followed by Hyoyeon. The shorter of the two wrapped her arms around the taller’s waist and hugged her closely. Soon after the two drifted off to sleep.

**

Jiyeon had been given the day off from her assistant job for Ok Taecyeon and instead of being the sensible person and spending it at home, she went to the police station to help Gyuri work on the security detail for the annual 30 and under ball. She had been given the list of attendants and had been assigned to do background checks on all of them personally.

She was sitting at a computer individually checking off who was not a security hazard on the guest list. While she worked she listened to her iPod in order to tune out all of the office charter and work in peace. She had gotten to guest 137 of 273 when a hand waved in front of her face. She looked up to see the gorgeous smiling face if Park Hyomin, her superior officer’s sister.

Jiyeon quickly pulled her earbuds out of her ear and stood at attention. She knows she didn’t need to do that, but she did it so that she could hear the melodious laughter emit from the older girl. “H-hi.” She stuttered out awkwardly, now realizing the close proximity of their faces. Her eyes drifted down to soft lips, willing herself to not lean in and capture them.

The Sergeant stepped away quickly before she lost any semblance of control. She was thankful that the athlete was completely oblivious of her mannerisms.

“Hi Jiyeon, is Gyul here? I was going to surprise her with lunch.” Hyomin smiled at her, Jiyeon’s pulse was racing.

“I...I-she went to get lunch at the diner down the street.” Jiyeon stuttered out, blood rushing to her cheeks when she realized that her favorite person had brought her favorite thing.

Hyomin gave a disappointed pout that nearly caused Jiyeon to keel over from a heart attack. The pout disappeared and was quickly replaced with a smile. “Have you eaten?”

Jiyeon’s stomach made an inhuman noise as the scent of food caught up to her. Hyomin let out a soft laugh and took that as her answer. “Well would you like to join me? Sergeant you wouldn’t want me to eat all alone would you?”

It was moment’s like this that Jiyeon seriously questioned just how obvious she was being with her infatuation with her boss’s sister. Her knees nearly buckled at the sound of Hyomin addressing her by her rank, something about it sounded so y that she almost had a heart attack and died on the floor of the police station. Unfortunately, she didn’t and had to face that she was starving and food was being offered to her by the object of her affection.

“It would be an honor, Ms. Park, to accompany you to lunch here in this fine establishment.” Jiyeon managed to suavely speak and not falter over her own words while Hyomin gave her an expectant look.

Jiyeon cleared off her desk of the background check papers, marking her place so she didn’t have to start over again, and shut her laptop. Hyomin set the food down on the now clear desk and pulled up one of the other chairs in the office. The Sergeant’s mouth was agape as she stared at the mountain of food that would feed an armada also known as her stomach.

They held a light conversation while Jiyeon shoveled food into as if she hadn’t eaten in weeks. Hyomin found it rather endearing and slightly amusing, a small smile graced her features throughout the meal.

After ten minutes of eating, the phone on Jiyeon’s desk rang. She swallowed the mouthful of food and answered it, putting the phone on speaker. “Sgt. Park.”

Uh ma’am we’ve got a code pink. ETA three minutes and she looks pissed ma’am.”

Jiyeon slammed the phone back down onto the receiver, she grabbed the box of food out of Hyomin’s hands, setting it down next to her own before pulling the athlete up. Hyomin’s face contorted in confusion as the Sergeant frantically looked around the room. She looked at her watch, one minute until arrival.

“I need you to hide under my desk. Don’t make a sound no matter what you hear okay?” Jiyeon pleaded and tried to move Hyomin under her desk as quickly as she could. The athlete kneeled down under the desk and grabbed onto the back of Jiyeon’s thighs, not missing the shuddering of the muscles beneath her grasp, for support and found herself sitting on a plush carpet that she imagined the Sergeant placed there.

Jiyeon’s knees buckled and she placed her hands on the desk to keep her steady until the hands were removed from her thighs. The hands slid down the back of her thighs and let go just above the backs of her knees. She bit her lip to hold back the moan threatening to escape. Once the hands were off she stumbled away from the desk, looking at her watch and still biting her lip. 5, 4, 3, 2-

The door to the office slammed open with such a force that it hit the wall next to it. A very pissed off looking girl stormed in. “What do you mean we’re over!?” The girl screamed at her, getting up into her personal space.

After a few moments, Jiyeon still hadn’t responded and still had her bottom lip between her teeth. “Were you about to have ?!”

Jiyeon’s eyes went wide, as did Hyomin’s but neither of them could see it. “You’re all flustered and biting your lip. You only do that when you’re about to get some.” The girl said with an accusatory tone of voice.

Before Jiyeon could come up with an appropriate response, a hard smack landed on her face causing her lip to split even more so since she was biting it. Blood was trickling out of the wound and Jiyeon tried her best to not to lash out at the other girl.

Hyomin had heard the loud slap and gasped quietly, she crawled out from under the desk and stood up, storming to face the girl that assaulted the young Sergeant. “Whoever you are, get out of here now before I have you arrested!”

The now frightened girl started to stutter, Hyomin gave her a harsh glare that only the Park sisters could muster. The girl looked back at Jiyeon who was still staring at the ground. “This isn’t over Ji.”

The girl then left with as much fervor as she had entered with. Hyomin stepped in front of Jiyeon and lifted her chin up to examine the injury. “Who was that?” Hyomin asked as she guided the Sergeant to her desk.

Jiyeon couldn’t speak or breathe when Hyomin had her pressed up against her desk in order to wipe away the blood with one of the napkins. She really wondered if Hyomin could feel the heat radiating from her body since they were so close. This time she couldn’t escape, her control was fading and so was the distance between the two.

Hyomin knew what was happening, she didn’t know why she let it happen, more importantly why she wanted it to happen. Against her better judgement she set the bloodied napkin on the table and cupped the younger’s cheek. The heat between the two was becoming almost unbearable as she slowly leaned in, her eyes fluttering closed.

Just as their lips were about to meet, the door opened again. “Park Sunyoung get off of my Sergeant!” Gyuri shouted enthusiastically, she had come back from another unsuccessful trip of trying to get Sunghee to see the danger of her fiance.

Hyomin flew off of Jiyeon leaving a few feet of distance between them and avoided eye contact with the young Sergeant. Jiyeon’s chest was heaving from the deep breaths she was taking in order to regain proper oxygen levels.

Gyuri walked by them and grabbed onto Hyomin’s collar before dragging her to the Captain’s office. Over her shoulder she said to, “Ice the lip and take a cold shower.”

Jiyeon fell back into her chair, still breathing heavily. After she was able to slow the pace of her breathing, she went down to the break room to get a bag of ice for her lip. When she came back, Hyomin was exiting the door, their sides brushing against each other causing Jiyeon to whimper. The older of the two smirked as she left the office.

At least someone found her irresistible, she sighed when she realized it wasn’t who she wanted to find her that way.