Too Tired of Drama

The Heartbreaker's Game 2: What is Love?

Daehyun’s POV

The moment I entered the house, Yongguk looked up from where he and Himchan were sitting around on the couch and frowned. “You’ve been acting really weird lately,” he remarked, his deep voice rumbling. “Where have you been all this time?”

I rolled my eyes. So pushy. “I’ve been looking for Eun Hae,” I replied, walking toward the stairs.

Himchan frowned. “Why?”

“Because I want to make it up to her,” I snapped. I stopped and turned around to glare at them. “I am sick and tired of the two of you picking on her. in case you’ve forgotten, she was once your sister, Himchan hyung, and once your girlfriend, Yongguk hyung.” They looked away but I could tell they were feeling quite guilty. “Because of the two of you, you drove her away! Do you think I like it, watching her from a distance, wishing I could be the reason for her smile?”

“Well, that’s too bad,” Yongguk sneered but I could tell his heart was softening. He may look like a monster, but he still cared.

I shook my head. “Don’t pretend,” I snapped back. “You may and make her life hell, but I know deep down you’re only doing this because you miss the attention she used to give you. If I were you, I’d use it on the proper way instead.” With that, I stalked off back to my room because I didn’t want to see their faces anymore that night.

 

Lu Han’s POV

When I woke up, I found myself an empty bed. Eun Hae wasn’t with me. I groggily looked at the time and saw that it was seven-thirty. My stomach rumbled as I smelled the nice aroma of food cooking in the kitchen. Eun Hae must be preparing dinner. I got out of bed and walked out to see she was busy stirring the chicken in the wok. I sauntered over to her and wrapped my arms around her waist from behind, resting my head on her chest. I kissed her neck. “Mmm, you smell delicious.”

She giggled. “Thank you, but you’re having chicken for dinner instead of me,” she shot back with a smile. She turned her head slightly and I kissed her softly on the lips. I saw that the chicken was done so I turned the stove off before I made her turn to me. I moved a few steps until my back hit the counter where I pulled her in for a deeper kiss, slipping my tongue inside and hugging her tightly.

I can’t seem to get enough of her kisses.

Then her phone beeped.

We broke apart for her to check the message. I played with a strand of her hair as she read the message. But I stopped when I noticed the frown on her face. “What’s the matter?” I asked her. “Is everything okay?”

She held out her phone. My eyes scanned the message and I frowned when I saw who was the sender.

 

To: Eun Hae

From: Unknown

Message: Darling, it’s your mother here! Do drop by soon, okay? I really miss you and I really want you home. Love, Umma.

 

I hugged her. “Give it a week,” I told her. “Give it a week to think about it before you go and visit them, okay?”

She nodded as she went back into my embrace.

Why does her parents want her back now?

 

Eun Hae’s POV

The next morning, I had school. I woke up early and prepared to leave when Lu Han was by my side when I was standing by the doorway. I was so startled that I stumbled and would had fallen if he hadn’t held his hand out to support me.

“I want to walk you to school,” he told me.

I nodded. “Okay,” I replied.

We walked to school in silence, with our fingers entwined. We bumped into Kai and Daeseul and we smiled when we saw them together. Daeseul looked really happy and Kai just looked really proud to be with someone like her.

Daeseul and I walked ahead and began telling each other about our boyfriends while the two boys lagged behind, letting us jabber away. I knew they knew we were talking about them but I’m pretty sure they would talk about us too. Once we got there, I turned to Lu Han while Daeseul and Kai walked further in for their own goodbyes.

“I’ll be coming home late,” I told him. “Don’t wait for me.”

“Where would you be going?” he wanted to know.

“At the library,” I replied. “I’ve got some reports I need to write so I’ll be at the library, researching and all.”

He nodded. “All right,” he replied. “Besides, I need to go to work.” I blinked, surprised. I didn’t know that. He grinned. “Well, you can’t be the only one in the apartment working to pay off for the bills, right?”

I hugged him. “Where are you working?”

“Secret.” I pouted and he pinched my cheeks, laughing. “Aigoo, so cute! But it’s not going to work.” He turned me around and gave me a light push. “Go inside or you’ll be late. If Yongguk or Himchan give you any trouble, just let me know, okay?”

I nodded and walked inside the school grounds. Daeseul was still saying goodbye to Kai so when I walked past them, I just waved at Kai before walking to my class. I was humming a tune when suddenly I found my path being blocked. I looked up and frowned when I saw who was blocking my way.

“We need to talk,” Jongup said.

“There is nothing to talk about,” I replied and tried to step around him but he held my shoulders and gently pushed me backward until my back was against the lockers. I blinked and was about to protest when he placed his arms on both sides, trapping me. “Jongup, you —”

“Daehyun hyung and Youngjae hyung tried approaching you the nice way, but since you refused, I’m going to have to use this way,” he said. “Look, Eun Hae, we’re really sorry. You know that from the way we keep trying to talk to you. We missed you and you miss us too.”

“I don’t miss you.”

“Lies,” he chuckled softly. He grasped my chin and made me look up to him. I saw the sadness in his eyes. “Did you know that Daehyun hyung is dying inside, just trying to talk to you? Out of everyone, he’s the one who feels guilty the most, partly because he was the one who cared about you the most.”

I winced. I could imagine it since it did sound like the Daehyun I once knew. “I don’t need you guys,” I said, trying to sound firm.

He smirked. “Really? How many friends have you got, huh?” he sneered. “You’ve only got Daeseul and Changjo, oh and Daeseul’s boyfriend and your boyfriend. What happens if your boyfriend breaks your heart? You’ll only have three friends to comfort you.”

“That’s better than none.”

“Why settle for three when you can have nine?” he argued. He paused. “Okay, well, not counting Himchan hyung and Yongguk hyung, that’ll make it seven. It’s almost double the number. Plus, you know that we’ll be there for you.”

“That’s what you said the last time and look what happened,” I hissed angrily, the hurt coming back, tears stinging my eyes. “You guys promised that you would always be there for me yet abandoned me straight away.”

He sighed. “I admit that was our fault, but you cannot ignore the fact that we’ve been trying for years to earn your forgiveness. It’s only recently when we started approaching you more directly, right?”

“Well maybe you guys wouldn’t have to do that if you guys had been there for me,” I yelled at him. “Just leave me alone! I don’t ever want to talk to any of you guys! I hate you guys!” With that, I ran passed him.

 

The rest of the day passed by in a blur as the conversation I had with Jongup kept replaying in my mind.

It was a good thing that I sat in the back so I didn’t have to be called out to answer a question, nor was I caught spacing out because I knew I was doing that the whole time. By the time school ended, I barely even remember what happened in the first class.

But I packed my stuff up and walked to the library since I really needed to get those reports done. There, I took out my books and got the references I needed before settling down on a table to study. I pushed all thoughts aside and focused on my work. Thank goodness I was able to do that.

I read and wrote until I was done with my reports. I checked the time. It was five in the evening. I should go home, but at the same time I didn’t want to go home and face Lu Han. I didn’t want to tell him what happened because I knew he’d get upset and that was the last thing I want to do.

So I stayed there a bit longer and tried to catch up on the work I missed out during the entire day since my mind was preoccupied with Jongup, Zelo, Youngjae, Himchan, Yongguk . . . and Daehyun.

When I checked the time again, it was seven-thirty.

Wow, that was late.

My eyes were drooping and I was feeling hungry since I skipped lunch today. But I still had math to go and I wanted to finish it before I call it quits. So I forced myself to concentrate. But the numbers kept spinning in my mind and I began to lose conscious until I was swallowed into darkness.

 

Zico’s POV

Gosh, it’s so late in the night already. I can’t believe I roamed about the streets aimlessly. I should go home now. But first, I need to check out a book from the library. So I went inside the library and checked the book out. I turned to go when I saw a familiar figure by the table. I turned and smiled when I saw a sleeping Eun Hae.

Gosh, she looked y even when she’s asleep.

I walked over to where she was and squatted down, resting my hand on the table. I placed my head on my hand and watched her sleep for awhile. She looked so tired and so drained. I wonder what happened. She didn’t look as though she was happy before she slept. In fact, her eyebrows were creasing.

I looked around. It was getting quite late. Soon the library would close. But I didn’t want to wake her up. So as quietly as I could, I packed her bag and swung in front of me before I gingerly took her and got her on my back. Her arms automatically wrapped themselves around my neck and I smiled.

Carrying her on my back, I walked out of the library into the cool night. I looked around the streets. I didn’t know where she lived and it was getting dark.

So I turned to my right and piggybacked her all the way back to my own house.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Uh-oh...Zico has Eun Hae ._.