Hanging Out with Block-B

The Heartbreaker's Game 2: What is Love?

Daeseul’s POV

Jaehyo glared furiously at my boyfriend and I knew that no one ever crossed Jaehyo when he’s mad. He’s already so intimidating enough without even needing to be angry, so imagine when he actually is.

Kai stood up, getting out of my bed. I got up as well, straightening my clothes to avoid the crease. I was going to walk him out to the front door but Jaehyo shook his head, blocking my path, looking sternly at me. “My friends will show him the door if he’s incapable of doing it himself,” he said.

Kai’s lips twitched but he didn’t say anything.

I felt a twinge of irritation. “Oppa —”

Jaehyo glowered at me, making stop whatever I wanted to say and turned to look at Kai apologetically instead. I hated that he had to go now. Kai just smiled ruefully and kissed me on my cheeks before following Taeil and Zico out of the door to the front door. A few seconds later we could hear the front door closing and Taeil and Zico snickering as their voices faded into the living room.

Jaehyo turned to me. He raised an eyebrow at me and he knew that I wanted to say something before he started his lecture.

“Jaehyo Oppa, I promise you it’s not what it looks like,” I pleaded with him, hoping that he would at least have the sense to hear me out.

“Daeseul, I didn’t object when I heard you have a boyfriend, nor did I interrogate you like how our parents would have if they were here because I believe that you’re a smart and responsible girl,” Jaehyo started.

“I —”

“Please don’t prove me wrong.”

“Oppa, I’m not sleeping around with him,” I told my brother exasperatedly. “I’m still a .” He and I flinched when I said that V word, but I needed to say it so he would be convinced that there was absolutely nothing for him to worry about. “What I mean is that, Kai isn’t those kind of guys. He’s not like Zico. He’s decent. We were just cuddling and kissing with each other.”

He gave me a funny look. “You know where cuddling and kissing usually leads to,” he retorted, “even if he’s not like Zico, in which I don’t doubt. Zico’s the biggest ert I’ve ever met.”

“Yah!” Zico protested as he came inside the room. He leaned against the door frame and folded his arms across his chest. “What’s this I hear about me being a ert? How am I a ert?”

We looked at him pointedly.

“Okay, okay,” he said, shrugging, holding his hands out. “Guilty as charge, sir and madam. Maybe I am a bit of a ert, sue me.”

A bit is an understatement,” Jaehyo muttered darkly under his breath. “You would go all out just to get laid, even if it means destroying relationships.” He gave Zico a knowing look and Zico just looked away, whistling.

What was that about? I thought about it and realized that Jaehyo was right. Zico’s that much of a ert. And I know he had destroyed relationship before.

How many relationships had he destroyed already?

But then again, it’s also those girls’ fault for wrecking their own relationships, because Zico was quite good-looking enough. Fortunately for me, since I’ve known him forever, I don’t feel that way about him. He showed too much of his jerk side to me to make me actually want to run away from him whenever he was being an .

“Carry on,” that little monkey said, waving his hand at Jaehyo. “I’m sorry I interrupted your conversation with your sister.”

The smile slid off his face when he noticed that neither of us were saying anything and were just looking straight at him.

“What?” he asked.

“What do you want?” Jaehyo asked testily.

Zico looked offended and scoffed at my brother. “Do I need to have a reason to be here?” he asked, slightly miffed. “Fine, I’ll go.”

“We’re having a family talk over here where it’s actually private, Woo Jiho,” my brother snapped back at him, obviously annoyed.

He only called him that when he’s annoyed with him, like really annoyed.

I am part of this family too,” he muttered. “Am I not?”

I held back a sigh and Jaehyo rolled his eyes. But both of us had to admit that he was almost just like family along with the rest of the idiots downstairs in the kitchen where I could hear them scuffling around for food to eat. I looked at the time and raised an eyebrow. They had their lunch two hours ago . . .

Well, they are pigs.

Zico walked away, down to the kitchen to join the pigs, leaving the two of us and my brother turned around to face me. “Are you sure about the fact that he wouldn’t dare do anything to you?” he asked. “And are you sure he’s not a player? That he wouldn’t cheat on you or maybe pressure you later on?”

I nodded, having a pretty good feeling about Kai. “I’m pretty sure,” I replied. “He doesn’t seem to be from here so I’m sure he has a good upbringing.”

“That’s good to know.” Jaehyo shrugged. He looked at me and his permanent scowl turned into a smile. “If I scared your boyfriend away, I’m sorry. I’m just . . . you know . . .” He shrugged, not knowing what to say. He was still awkward in his speech because he usually liked to keep to himself.

I nodded. I did know. “You’re only trying to look out for me as my big brother,” I replied and he nodded. “I know that, Oppa, and I really appreciate it. And I don’t think you scared him away, even if you’re intimidating.”

He cracked a small smile. “Am I really that intimidating?” he wanted to know and I rolled my eyes.

Did he even need to ask that question?

Everyone is scared of my brother at first glance; even I was when I first saw him and I could not believe it when my mother told me that I’ll be living with him. At first I thought she meant he’s going to be my husband but then she told me he was going to be my step-brother. Even that freaked me out but then eventually after a few months of living together, he showed more of his nicer and caring side of him.

“Well, Eun Hae certainly seems to think so.”

“She thinks I’m intimidating?”

“Well, you have to admit that you hardly ever smile,” I shot back playfully as I walked over to my brother. I shoved him lightly.

“I do,” he argued.

“Yeah, when you’re around me,” I retorted.

He put his arms around me and pulled me close to me. “Well, I guess it’s because I feel more comfortable with you, more than my own friends.”

“Why do you hang out with such pigs, anyway?”

“I ask myself that question every day.”

I chortled.

He chuckled and shoved me back and the two of us descended down the stairs to become pigs ourselves. “Can you tell your friend that I’m not as intimidating as I look? I don’t want people to get the wrong impression of me.”

“So stop giving it to them,” I replied simply.

He flicked my forehead.

“Ow!” I rubbed my forehead, pouting.

“But seriously, please tell her.”

I grinned as we entered the kitchen where the boys were crowded around the dining table. “Oh, don’t worry about that, Oppa. I’ll be sure to tell her that you’re really friendly,” I told him. “I mean, on the exterior, you may look intimidating, emo and scary, but inside, you’re really nothing but a big softie.”

He scowled and I laughed, hugging him.

Kyung and U-Kwon looked up and made space for us to join in the dining table as they pigged out on the stash of marshmallows and cupcakes they’d found while rummaging around the cupboards for something to eat.

“So, Daeseul ah, did hyung give you a good scolding for ing your boyfriend?” P.O wanted to know with a sneaky smile.

Jaehyo just threw an apple in his direction, which he skillfully caught with his hands. Then he took a big bite of it and showed us apple grin.

“Disgusting,” Zico laughed.

But U-Kwon turned to us, eating something. Then he opened his mouth and showed his teeth out and we saw bananas mashed together.

“Dude!” we all exclaimed and he laughed, swallowing it.

We all shook heads at him.

P.O looked at me. “You still haven’t told me your answer yet,” he said to me, pouting slightly that his question was ignored and forgotten.

“What question?” I asked. I really forgot what his question was. I knew he asked me something but I couldn’t remember what.

He pouted even more. “You forgot!”

“Uh, duh?’

U-Kwon rolled his eyes. “Oh, for goodness sake, stop being so dramatic and just repeat your question already,” he snapped at the younger boy who looked mildly offended. He glared at him. “You’ve got a problem?’

“Yeah, you,” P.O muttered under his breath. He was lucky that he didn’t hear him. He turned to me. “I asked if your brother scolded you for catching you in bed with your boyfriend,” he said, looking eager to know the answer.

“No, my brother did not,” I replied and his face fell with disappointment at the wrong answer, “because we weren’t even having .”

“Oh is that so? So why were you guys in bed together? Were you about to start?” Taeil chortled. He shot a glance at Zico who was smirking as well.

I glared at his direction and he shrugged. “It was because we were just cuddling and kissing, simple as that, so get over yourself,” I replied.

Jaehyo sighed and looked at the boys. “Just shut the up about my sister’s relationship and just do what you guys are good at — being pigs.”

I exchanged low high-fives with him and we grinned while the others decided to heed him and eat their food. Zico shook his head at me and stuck his tongue out, scrunching up his nose and squeezing his eyes shut.

I giggled and he smiled back.

Zico’s a good guy, except when he’s , but luckily he’s never done anything to me . . . or else my brother would be after him.

 

Lu Han’s POV

I could hear her shallow breathing, her chest rising up and down as she breathed, the way her hair got in her eye. I swept it aside and tucked the blanket up to her chin to make sure that she was warm enough. I Eun Hae’s hair gently as I watched her sleep. She seemed to be sleeping quite a lot lately. I hope that she’s okay and that nothing is wrong with her. I leaned down and kissed her cheek lightly when I heard someone lurking around in the living room. I couldn’t tell who it was since the door was closed.

I sat up straighter and frowned, alert and aware. There is someone else in this house. Who else have the key to her house apart from me and her?

Changjo.

The door slowly opened and I braced myself to face her cousin and speak to him for the first time when Kai stepped in instead. He peered inside and I remembered that I was supposed to tell him how Eun Hae was doing.

Whoops, her parents and her being sick totally made me forget about it! Actually, no, I was just so distracted, relieved that she was okay and pondering about her sickness that I had forgotten about him.

He must have teleported here to check up on Eun Hae since he obviously would have figured out that he wasn’t going to get any news from me. “Hi, I thought you were with Daeseul,” I said, trying to act casual.

He gave me a look I couldn’t read. “I was, until her brother came home early and caught us just cuddling up with each other in her bed.”

“What?” I laughed. “Even like that he wants to kick you out?”

“I don’t know, he scares me. Have you seen him before?’

I nodded. “He does look pretty intimidating,” I replied. I honestly didn’t get a really good look since I was busy looking for Eun Hae.

He shrugged, sitting on the edge of the bed. He looked at Eun Hae who was sleeping peacefully next to me. “How is she?” he asked.

I told him what happened, since I thought he deserved to know. His mouth dropped opened when I told him about her sickness and her parents. He looked totally angry and started cursing under his breath.

“Mmm, no,” Eun Hae whined in her dreams, kicking. “Don’t go . . .” She tossed and turned and began to mutter words incoherently. She’s having a bad dream again.

I looked down at her and saw that she was frowning, her forehead wrinkling. She tossed and turned, muttering and mumbling incoherently. I kissed her nose. “Shhh, baby, it’s okay,” I whispered softly into her ears. “It’s okay, darling. I’m here. I’m here.”

“Please . . .” she cried out, clutching onto her blanket tightly. “Don’t leave me . . . I’m scared . . . don’t go . . . please . . .” Tears began falling down her face.

This is bad, but not unsual. I was used to it already. She was probably cryng because of her parents of because of her B.A.P brothers. I leaned in and kissed her eyes, tasting the salty tears on my lips. But I didn’t care. I just didn’t want to see her cry.

“Darling, I’m not going anywhere,” I said softly, her cheek, tucking her hair behind her ear. “I told you, I’ll be here until the day you tell me to go.”

“No . . .”

“Shhh, I love you,” I whispered into her ears.

She stopped tossing and turning as she snuggled up in my arms but her brows were still furrowed. I poked her brows and her face soon relaxed. It made me smile to see that she wasn’t having a bad dream anymore. Then she clung onto my shirt and I slipped my hand under her head to use as a pillow. I shifted my position until I was lying down next to her, supporting her, making sure that she was comfortable as she slept.

I looked up to see that Kai had seen the whole thing. He had a weird expression on his face as his eyes kept darting back and forth between Eun Hae and I. It made me frown. “What are you thinking about?” I asked.

“I’m thinking that you’re in love with Eun Hae.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At least Jaehyo wasn't harsh on her, and aren't the Block-B boys adorable? :PP hehehe, Zico the Byuntae :P

Ooh~ even Kai suspects Lu Han's feelings! But wasn't he sweet on Eun Hae when she was having a bad dream? (: