Visiting Her Grave

The Heartbreaker's Game 2: What is Love?

No One’s POV

Lu Han knew that he was risky his heart but he felt like something was pulling him out. He didn’t know why or what made him to wake up all of a sudden even though he was supposed to sleep until the next day. His eyes automatically opened by itself and he felt his heart racing a little bit.

But got up, he did, and he changed out of his creased clothes to a plain white tee and a blue collar shirt over. His jeans were fine so he grabbed his watch and slapped it on his wrist. He ran a hand through his hair and walked out of the room. He wasn’t really surprised to see Exo-K in the living room with his friends.

He just gave them a curt nod and headed to the front door.

Kris frowned. “Yah, where are you going?” he wanted to know.

“I’ll be back for dinner,” was all Lu Han said to them as he opened the front door and disappeared behind it a second later, the door closing with a soft click.

Suho shrugged and turned to Kris. “So, what was the reason for calling all of us down here, Kris?” he wanted to know. He was curious because when Kris had contacted him earlier to call everyone to come to the dorm, he noticed his friend sounded a bit urgent over the conversation.

Kris rubbed the back of his neck nervously as he shot glances over at Lay and Tao who knew what he was going to tell the others.

“What is it?” XiuMin asked. “Do I have time to get —?”

“No!” everyone screamed and he pouted.

“You’ll get your bao later,” Lay promised his friend.

XiuMin just muttered something unintelligent under his breath, sulking away in a corner. He hated being away from his precious buns.

Chen threw a pillow at him. “You’re such a kid!”

Chanyeol was starting to get restless as Chen and XiuMin bickered until Suho gave them the eye. “What’s going on?” he demanded to know.

“Yeah, I had to cancel a date with my wife,” Kai chimed in impatiently. He hated being away from Daeseul for too long, especially now that they were married. He had told her he’d be back soon but if Kris doesn’t say what was on his mind, Kai had a feeling that he was going to go crazy.

Kris took a deep breath as all eyes turned to him. He looked at Lay and Tao again before he turned back to the others. “Eun Hae is alive.”

There was a stunned silence before D.O spluttered out, “What?

“How is that possible?” Sehun wanted to know.

“I thought she was dead!” Baekhyun exclaimed.

“What’s going on?” Suho asked Kris.

Lay and Tao exchanged glances and soon they helped Kris explained how she was alive and where she had been all this time, and that the three of them had been helping her with her powers and training.

When they were done explaining, there was another stunned silence. In fact it was so silent that all eleven of them could almost hear crickets calling out to their mates in a distance.

And the questions began.

“Why didn’t you tell us?” D.O fumed.

“Were we not trustworthy enough?” Sehun was hurt.

“I thought we were your friends!” Chanyeol exploded.

“How come Lay and Tao had the privileges to know?” XiuMin complained.

“Why didn’t Daehyun want us to know?” Baekhyun wanted to know.

“Why do you have to keep secret from us?” Chen inquired.

“Why was Exo-K not involved in any part?” Suho wondered.

“Are we not important enough to know about the secret?” Kai asked.

Tao frowned. He hated conflicts between his friends, and he especially hated it when they were mad at him. “Hey now, how do you think we felt, knowing the truth but not being able to tell you anything?” he asked back.

“Well, that’s really easy to answer. You could have eased your guilty conscious and had told us about it,” Chanyeol shot back bitterly.

“It wasn’t our secret to tell,” Lay snapped hotly. “Daehyun trusted us. Eun Hae trusted us. After what we did to her, we couldn’t bring ourselves to do it again.”

Kris looked at all of them who were still frowning. “Look, we understand that you guys feel hurt and betrayed, but we really wanted to tell you. It’s just that Eun Hae wasn’t ready to face you guys just yet.”

“But why now?” Kai wanted to know, frowning at Lay, Tao and Kris. “Goodness, who else know about this? Daehyun, Kris hyung, Lay hyung, Tao hyung and . . .?”

“Only the four of us,” Kris confirmed. “No one else knew about it; not her mother, or Daeseul, or the rest of B.A.P. We didn’t want to tell too many people because we didn’t want Lu Han to find out. It’s not that she hates him, it’s just that she needed time away from him and if not many knew about it, the less suspicious he would be.”

“No wonder Daehyun left so suddenly, and it was also a no wonder the casket was closed at her funeral — well, there wasn’t even any body in there,” Baekhyun mused, putting the puzzles together.

“Poor Lu Han,” Kai murmured under his breath. He stared after the door where he had once been. “He just missed everything. If he stayed a bit longer, he would have known that she was alive.”

“He would be overjoyed and hurt at the same time,” Chen nodded.

“Speaking of him,” Suho suddenly spoke up, eyeing the door, and everyone turned to look as well. “Where do you think he’s at now?”

 

Eun Hae’s POV

After B.A.P got over the excitement of me being alive, we settled down around the sofa and they sang the birthday song to me, complete with the birthday cake. I smiled, feeling a little bit guilty for making them miss me so much.

Youngjae, who was sitting next to me, put his arms around my waist and pulled me close to him as Himchan cut the cake for us. He turned his head slightly to my ear and whispered, “I missed you so much, Eun Hae ah.”

I smiled, resting my head on his shoulder. “I miss you too,” I told him honestly. And I really did. Out of everyone, he was the closest non-brother I had so we were really close.

He kissed my cheek as Himchan passed a piece of cake to me. “For the birthday girl,” he said sweetly, his eyes shining with happiness over the fact that I was alive.

I laughed. “Gomawoya, Himchannie Oppa,” I replied. “I’ll eat it well.”

Yongguk laughed, taking his piece. “You’re still so cute after all these years,” he remarked and reached over to ruffle my hair playfully.

I just smiled at him, feeling this warm glow inside of me as I looked at everyone. I felt so happy to be back with my family. I’ve missed them so much when I was away. They all changed quite a lot too.

I turned to Zelo. He’d grown so much and I was starting to see some maturity in him. Yongguk Oppa looked so handsome now, manlier and biceps. Himchan still looked the same goofy, playful person like he was always like. Jongup had grown taller and muscular too, but he still had that same annoying smile he used with me. Lastly I turned to Youngjae. He really became so handsome that I almost didn’t recognize him. He lost a bit of a weight, yet I was sure that he worked out a bit too. His features became sharper, showing how handsome he really was.

I frowned.

“What’s the matter, Eun Hae?” Yongguk asked, noticing my frown.

I looked down. “I heard Umma is dead because she was heartbroken from my ‘death,” I muttered darkly under breath.

“No, she didn’t,” Daehyun said gently and I looked up to him. He kissed my forehead. “Ah, I don’t know how to tell you this, but, she knew that you were alive. So she didn’t die because of a broken heart that you were dead. . . . She died because of some internal bleeding in her brain that she did not know of until it was too late.”

I gasped as tears filled my eyes. “Chincha?”

He nodded, hugging me. “I’m sorry,” he whispered into my ears.

I cried.

Everyone came and hugged me, my hair, telling me everything was going to be okay. Zelo even managed to wedge in between my brother and I to hug me tightly, his huge and warm body pressed against mine.

Himchan gave me a tissue and wiped my tears away. He smiled softly at me, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. “Let’s not be sad, okay? I’m sure your mother wouldn’t want you to be sad on your special day.”

I gave him a soft smile and eventually the atmosphere returned to the happy atmoshpere it was before although I still couldn’t help but feel sad. I leaned against Youngjae’s chest and I ate my cake silently while I listened to the boys’ conversation. I turned to my cake and realized I had the icing left on my plate. So I swiped it up with a finger. I turned to my brother who was sitting on my other side and sneakily creamed his neck. I giggled as he turned to me, stunned. I quickly stood up. “Oh, I just remembered that I have to go somewhere right now,” I said cutely before he could get back at me.

“Yah, you —!”

I kissed his forehead and kissed Youngjae on the cheek. Then I hugged Yongguk and Himchan. Jongup hugged me and Zelo kissed my nose, which made me giggle.

“Where are you going?” Youngjae wanted to know.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be back,” I told him as I walked out of the place.

“She’s only trying to get away from me!” Daehyun exclaimed.

I laughed, grabbing my brother’s car keys from the kitchen counter. “Contrary to what you think, Oppa, I actually really do have someplace I need to go,” I told them, slipping onto my flats. “I’ll be back for dinner.” I gave them a final wave before I walked out of the apartment, closing the door behind me.

I was going to visit my grave.

 

A few minutes later, I parked the car in front of the graveyard and got out. I locked the car and walked around the graveyard until I found mine.

 

Krystal Wu Eun Hae

1994-2012

Father: Kris Wu Yi Fan  Mother: Oh Min Ah

Dearly missed by all who knew her

A good daughter, sister and friend

The sweetest and nicest girl known

 

Wow.

Technically, my human self is dead but my alien side if very much alive. I wonder what’s underneath the grave. It certainly wasn’t my body.

I never knew that this would be written on my grave. And Krystal . . . I remembered my real dad telling me that that was the name he wanted to name his daughter if he ever had one . . . to match his name, Kris. That was also why I call myself Krystal, if I did not want to tell people my name was Eun Hae. It was not technically a lie.

Figures.

But I didn’t mind. Throughout these two years, I actually grew very close to my father and it was weird at first, but now it felt nice. Sure, sometimes he annoyed me like how a father would, but he was the best father anyone could ever have. But what still sometimes weird me out was the fact that he looked so young to be my father!

Seriously.

Just then, from a far distance, I could hear someone approaching the grave. I quickly stood up and hid behind my own gravestone. Thank goodness for the fact that I can turn invisible and that I’m really small so my gravestone easily hid me.

My heart thumped wildly in fear of being discovered as the person approached my grave closer. I shut my eyes shut as I heard the crunching of leaves right in front. If the person just looked over, I would be spotted.

“Eun Hae.”

I froze. Had I been spotted? And why does that voice sound awfully familiar?

“How are you?” the voice went on. “I’ve missed you. I’m so sorry for not visiting you sooner. I was just scared that I would break down and cry.”

I covered my mouth with my hands to stop from gasping aloud as I recognized the voice.

It belonged to Lu Han!

And he was talking to my gravestone.

There was a long pause before Lu Han went on. “Eun Hae-yah . . . I am trying very hard here not to break down and cry.” He gave a light chuckle but I could tell that his voice was breaking . . . like he really was going to cry.

I shifted my positions uncomfortably. My legs were getting tired and stiff for being at the same spot for so long.

“I hope heaven is treating you right. . . . I am so sorry, Eun Hae. I’ve hurt you so much and it kills me every day. I would always think of ways to show you how sorry I really am if you were still alive, regretting and wishing. I really love you, Eun Hae, even after all these years. I was not able to move on, even when the others did, because I was scared that if I let go, I would let go of my feelings for you and I didn’t want that because you are the only girl I’ve ever loved and will only be the only girl I’ve ever loved.”

I blinked, my heart pounding.

Does he really mean that?

Lu Han let out a big sigh again. “My biggest regret was not realizing that I’d fallen for you the first time we kissed at the Sports Stadium, remember?” He gave a nervous chuckle again. “Remember?”

I did remember.

And I could even hear the sorrow, guilt and sincerity in his voice. It made me softened. If I was being honest to myself, I was still madly in love with him. He was still the person who I loved, who I want to be with.

“I hope that you’ll forgive me. I ask for your forgiveness, Eun Hae, even though I don’t even deserve it. Please, give me a sign. I’ll understand if you hate me but I’d be stupid if I say I don’t wish for you to forgive me.”

Silly fool, I thought.

“Eun Hae . . . do you forgive me?”

“I forgive you,” I whispered, letting my voice be carried by the wind.

Lu Han stopped making any noise and I decided that it was probably time to face what I came here for: to talk to Lu Han.

So I slowly started to stand up until I peeped over the gravestone. I smiled tentatively at Lu Han who stared at me, shocked at my presence. I stood up straight, letting him see that I had been there all this time.

“Hi,” I said simply.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Originally . . . this was supposed to be the last chapter but~

I can't say goodbye to you guys just yet! So I hope you guys love me enough to stick around for a couple of more chapters~ >.<