Getting Trapped and Escaping

The Heartbreaker's Game 2: What is Love?

Kai’s POV

I watched as Lu Han gently caressed Eun Hae’s face as he tried to get her to stop having bad dreams anymore. I heard the words he murmured to her, the way he looked at her. Lu Han was so gently and so tender whenever he touched her, as if he was scared that moving her slightly would break her or something. And the way he looked at her, it was something I had never seen in anyone else’s before.

It reminded me of how I look at Daeseul whenever I see her, or whenever I even think about her. But that was only because I was in love with Daeseul. Hmmm, I wonder . . . could he have fallen for Eun Hae as well?

Lu Han must have caught me staring at him because he suddenly turned to me and asked me, “What are you thinking about?”

I looked seriously at him. Should I tell him what I was thinking about? “I’m thinking that you’re in love with Eun Hae,” I replied, being honest with him.

He looked surprised and was about to retort when he remembered that Eun Hae was still with us. He gestured toward the living room and extracted his arms away from Eun Hae, gently placing her down in bed to sleep.

I walked out of the door first but when I turned I saw Lu Han sweeping away the hair from her face and kissed her on the forehead first before down to kiss her nose, to her lips. I smiled and shook my head.

He is so in denial.

Then he straightened up, clearing his throat. I grinned, shaking my head as I walked further down to the couch and sat down, waiting for Lu Han to come out.

Five minutes passed and he still wasn’t out yet.

I turned my head to see that he was now sitting on the edge of her bed, a small smile playing on his lips as he watched as Eun Hae slept peacefully. He reached out to take her hand and squeezed it gently. Lu Han then leaned down to kiss her on the lips again before he stood up and walked out.

“About time you finally came out from there. I was starting to think that you wanted to stay in there with her and not come out, hoping I would get bored and eventually go back to Daeseul,” I teased as he came round to sit on the couch opposite of me.

He scowled darkly and I knew I was right. “I saw she was starting to wake up so I stayed a bit to make her go back to sleep again,” he retorted but I could see it in his eyes that that was just an excuse to cover up for the fact that he wanted to stay in there with Eun Hae.

“I still say that you’re in love with her.”

He chortled, leaning back on the backrest, shaking his head firmly as he crossed his arms across his chest in absolute denial. “Me? In love with Eun Hae?” he repeated, shaking his head again and scoffing at me at the same time. “No way. I’m not in love with her. I would never be in love with anybody.”

“But didn’t you say that Eun Hae is different?” I argued.

I remembered I asked him why he hadn’t ed her yet during the time we were walking the girls to school and he told me that she was different than most girls so his approach toward with her had to be different than what he normally did in previous Games before this. Could this be what he meant?

“Yeah . . .” he said slowly. “But that doesn’t mean I feel any different with her from the others! What I meant by different is that she’s a lot harder to approach than all those other easy girls. Eun Hae . . . I need to be more cautious in how I approach her.”

“Uh-huh,” I said disbelievingly.

“You don’t believe me, do you?”

“Nope,” I replied, popping the ‘p’. I grinned, enjoying his discomfort, watching him squirm under my eyes. This was so fun. I have not have this much fun in ages.

He shot me a look of irritation. “Do you honestly believe that I would simply fall in love like that?” he wanted to know. “I’m not sure if you heard, but in all my Games, I’ve been pretty convincing that I’m in love with the girl I’ve been chosen to break her heart that even my leader believes my acting. In fact, it’s what made me win the Games faster — because I’m so convincing that every girl is willing to jump in bed with me.”

“Then why hasn’t Eun Hae jumped in bed with you?” I asked him innocently, leaning back on the backrest. “I mean, if you’re so convincing?”

“Oh, that’s because I have to play it cool, since we just started dating. Maybe next week. You’re not in any rush to leave just yet, are you?” he asked me. “After all, you’re supposedly in love with this Daeseul girl?”

I glared at him and he knew he’d hit the sore spot.

The both of us actually wanted to say more than what we had already said but we couldn’t because of the invisible cameras lurking around. He can’t reveal the fact that I’m really in love with Daeseul nor can I say that I’ve given up because of her.

“Lu Han?”

Eun Hae was awake.

I grinned at Lu Han who looked back at me. “Go get her,” I taunted. “Go to your girlfriend and tell her how much you love her.”

“Shut up.”

“Someone’s defensive.”

Lu Han was out of his seat almost immediately and was barging into Eun Hae’s room. “Yes, babe, are you okay?” he asked her, his voice filled with concern as he tended to his sick ‘girlfriend’.

I sighed, shaking my head, as I teleported back to my own apartment. Lu Han wouldn’t notice that I’m gone, anyway. He’d be too busy. I grinned to myself. This is actually interesting. This year’s Game had a wonderful twist to this story.

Eun Hae was picked for the both of us.

We had to only capture one girl’s heart and break her heart.

I don’t want to play, I fell in love.

Lu Han wants to play, he fell in love.

I learned that D.O fell in love before.

And I know that Lu Han is only denying his feelings for her because he doesn’t want to get too attached to her. He does not want to think about when/if he had to leave her. And I know he does not want to break her heart, hoping he will get to stay with her. I also know that he knows how he feels toward her. He just doesn’t want to admit it because he’s too scared of Kris, of what he’ll do if he finds out that his most reliable representative have finally fallen in love.

For me?

I do care about Suho.

But you can’t deny my feelings for Daeseul. I’ll deny it only to Suho, but D.O told the others about me falling in love and they were actually in support of my relationship. They, too, had given up on fighting with the others because they became friends.

Hmmm . . .

Would Lu Han and I be friends?

I wonder what Sehun, D.O, Chanyeol and Baekhyun are doing right now, up in Exo. I looked up around, wondering where the invisible camera was. I smiled and waved at all places. I must have looked like an idiot.

Oh well.

 

No One’s POV

Sehun frowned as he looked at his watch. Then he turned back to the other members who were looking at him. He shook his head. They shook their heads as well. They were all in their room. From outside, they could hear Suho watching the Game, muttering to himself as Kai did not pursue after Eun Hae.

D.O sighed. “Why aren’t they picking up their calls?” he muttered. He tapped his watch and tried to call again but there was no answer.

By ‘they’, he meant Exo-M.

“I don’t know,” Baekhyun sighed as he called Chen for the umpteenth time.

Exo-K was bored and they wanted to sneak into the Play Room to play games so they tried to call their friends but none of them picked up. It made them curious and they wondered just why they weren’t answering. Shouldn’t their watches be with them at all times?

Chanyeol looked outside to see a deep frown on Suho’s face. Ever since that day they had rebelled against him, his usual smiley face was turned into what they hoped wasn’t a permanent frown and they even noticed he doesn’t get much rest lately. It was hard on him, with s against him, and with Kai not playing the Game properly. They could see that what they did to him affected him.

But even though they felt bad, they didn’t want to stay away from Exo-M just to please their leader. Selfish as it may be, but they were really tired of Suho being selfish and thinking it’s all about him all the time. For once, they want to have the freedom to be able to do whatever they want without getting Suho’s permission first. But . . . why isn’t Exo-M answering? Each boy tried calling one each but none of them picked up their calls.

What’s going on?

Suddenly Suho came inside. “I just got a call from the Minion, saying it wants to upgrade our watches,” he spoke up. He took off his watch. “Give it to me and I’ll go give them to it so that it can upgrade it.”

They nodded, taking their watches off, before they handed their watches to their leader. Then Suho walked out, closing the door behind him. He put the watches in his pocket and took out a key. Swiftly, he jabbed the key into the keyhole and turned it, locking the door from outside, trapping his friends inside.

He sighed. He hated that he had to do this, but when a Minion told him about what Kris was doing to Exo-M, he decided he’d do the same by locking them up.

“I’m really sorry, you guys, but I have to do this,” Suho murmured softly as he walked away from the door, hearing the poundings on the door. They had discovered that he had lied to them.

“Suho hyung!” Sehun cried out.

“Suho hyung, let us out!” Chanyeol screamed. “Or I’ll burn the door down!”

“It’s fire-proof,” Baekhyun told him sadly.

“You can’t do this to us!” D.O hollered from the other side of the door, pounding hard on the door. “Hyung!”

“Please forgive me, but you leave me no choice,” he said as he took the watches out and placed them in a drawer, locking it up securely.

“Hyung!” Sehun whined.

“Let us out!” D.O begged.

“Why?!” Chanyeol fumed.

“This isn’t right!” Baekhyun pleaded.

“HYUNG!!” they all cried in anguish when they weren’t getting any answers.

 

Meanwhile, in Exo-M’s apartment, Lay, Chen, Tao and XiuMin were still locked in the stuffy, hot room.

Kris would come in and give them food and water and whenever someone needed to use the bathroom, he would personally them out, making sure he locked the door behind them so the others can’t escape and then lead him to the bathroom, giving them a maximum of two minutes inside if they wanted to pee, ten minutes if they wanted to shower, and ten minutes if they wanted to take a dump.

Then he would guard him as they go back inside the room and lock them up all over again. He would not leave the apartment and had decided to watch the Game in the living room, constantly checking with the Minions of what Exo-K’s progress was. He wasn’t happy to hear that Exo-K rebelled as well and Suho wasn’t doing anything.

The four boys could hear their watches going off from outside and grew depressed because they knew that Exo-K was calling them. They hated being locked up. They felt it was unfair and barbaric of Kris to do this to them.

Chen was pacing back and forth the room. He looked around at his friends. Tao’s face was sullen as he clutched to his panda soft toy, holding it close to him. Lay was in his bed, looking up blankly to the ceiling. And XiuMin looked so lifeless without any of his baos.

Finally he couldn’t stand it anymore.

“We need to get out,” he said.

“How?” XiuMin asked gloomily. “Bao . . .” he sighed. “How I miss eating baos. I’m going crazy! I need baos!” He yanked out a few hairs. Lay threw a pillow in his mouth and he began biting on it, imagining that he was eating his most favorite food in the entire universe. “Baos  . . . oh, I missed you so much,” he sighed dreamily, taking a chunk out of the pillow, leaving the down feathers flying here and there, ignoring the protests of the others.

“I’ve got an idea,” Chen spoke up and everyone looked up eagerly at him. He smiled and motioned for them to come closer to him. “So, here’s what we do . . .”

 

A few minutes later, it was time to put their plan into action.

“Why am I always the bait?” Lay complained.

“Face it,” Chen retorted, crossing his arms, “your powers are pretty much useless in this plan, unless dui zhang comes in, ready to hurt us.”

Sighing, he went up to the door. He raised a fist to knock on it but then he turned to the others who were ready in their positions. “We only have one millisecond to do this if we want to break free, so make sure you don’t screw up or it’ll be me who’s gone first.”

They nodded.

“Chen?”

Chen reached his hand out to the light and all the electricity from the room into his hands before he ran to the window and released the energy, causing the sky to light up followed by a thunder and now the whole room was pitch black. XiuMin spilled water over at the entrance of the door.

Lay knocked on the door with shaky hands. “Dui zhang!” he called out. “I need to use the bathroom!”

Few seconds later he could hear the door being unlocked. He took a few steps aside, away from the others so that he wouldn’t be in the way. The door opened and Kris stepped inside the room.

“Why is it so dark?” he asked.

Tao froze time, leaving only Chen, Lay, XiuMin and himself free to move and XiuMin held his hand out to Kris and using the water on the floor, he turned them into ice around his feet, trapping him. While he was frozen, the four boys grabbed whatever stuff they needed and ran out. They grabbed their watches and as they ran to the Hall, they tried calling their friends but no one picked up.

“Where are we going to go, you guys?” Chen wanted to know as they got to the potholes in the Hall. All around them, Minions were frozen in time. “And why aren’t they picking up? Tao, did you made sure they weren’t frozen in time as well?”

“Yes, I made sure that they — ,” Tao cursed as the Minions moved again, “time’s up. Dui zhang would be coming anytime soon.”

“Never mind about Exo-K, Suho is nice, he will not mistreat them,” XiuMin said. “Let’s just get in and get out of here before dui zhang kills us!”

The four boys quickly squeezed into the pothole and Lay punched in the first location that came to mind and they gripped onto each other with fear as they heard a roaring from a far distant. They shut their eyes.

When they opened their eyes, they were standing in the middle of Eun Hae’s living room.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sighs. Just as Exo-K gets trapped, Exo-M breaks free~

Aiissh, Lulu, you know you love her. Just admit it!

Anyway, double update because I won't be able to do so tomorrow, going outstation to Malacca~ wooohooo~ I loved unplanned mini-vacations!