Anger Everywhere

The Heartbreaker's Game 2: What is Love?

Eun Hae’s POV

“Fine, I’ll think about it,” I told my mother half-heartedly but I was wondering in my mind. Do I really want to go back to them? What if I get hurt again?

My mother smiled at me, her face muscles relaxing when I said that I’ll think about it. “I do hope that one day you’ll realize that we really are sorry and that you would want to come and visit us in our house.”

“Mmm.” I didn’t want to make any promises. I looked around the room, trying to find a reason to change subjects. I didn’t want to talk about this thing anymore. “Where are Lu Han and Appa?”

“They’re probably having a men’s talk outside,” Umma replied, waving a hand offhandedly. “I think your boyfriend really cares about you. The only problem I have with him is that he’s a bit rude, but I guess he’s just trying to protect you.”

I nodded softly, remembering how he tried to defend me, even if he came across rude to my parents. “He was,” I replied. “He doesn’t like it when someone makes fun of me or he feels threatened.”

She looked around and frowned when she saw Lu Han’s boxers hanging over on the chair. “Do you two live together?” she asked, looking around and seeing his stuff.

I nodded.

Her face darkened. “Eun Hae . . .” she said, her lips pursed. “Have you guys done it yet? Are you pregnant?” She looked amused.

An image of Lu Han and I doing it flashed before my mind and a blush crept to my cheeks. Why did I just think of that?! “Umma! Of course not!”

“But you two live together, even sleep in the same bed, I presume. I guess it was only natural to think that —” she started to say.

“Aunty Yu Jun brought me up decently.” I stressed on my aunt’s name. I knew that it would hurt her feelings and I felt this tinge of satisfaction when I saw the hurt fly across her face at the mention of her sister’s upbringing of me.

“So, how far have you gone with him?” Umma asked casually. She looked at me expectedly, as if she was expecting me to say ten times or maybe even every night ever since we’d gotten together or something.

“Umma!” I whined. “We did not do anything yet!”

Oh, seriously, she reminds me a lot like Changjo!

Well, we are related. But still!

Yet,” she laughed.

I shook my head, not believing I was hearing these words from my own mother. “I thought you’d be giving me a lecture about those education.” That made me remember what Changjo said the other. I shuddered slightly, wondering who would even dream of taking my cousin brother to bed.

She shrugged nonchalantly. “I trust that you’re old enough to know what you are doing and that you’re also old enough to be mature and responsible.”

I shrugged.

The more I thought about it, the more I knew that Lu Han was a pretty decent guy. He was really sweet, although goofy, but he was definitely a gentleman. Sure, he still acted like a sick and erted jerk but he would never, ever pressure me into doing it with him until he was sure that I’m ready for him.

Unlike Zico . . .

Wait, wait, wait. Why am I even thinking about that ert? I shook my head, shaking off the image of his smile. He’s just like Yongguk.

I looked at my mother who was looking back at me. “Maybe we should check on them, see what they’re doing,” I told her. And hopefully they’re not killing each other. I did not trust my dad to be alone with my boyfriend. I looked at my mom and sighed.

After everything I yelled at her for, I honestly felt like a weight had been lifted off, like my burden of what I felt about them, was lifted off. All the things I wanted to say to them . . . well, let’s just say I’m not forgiving them just yet, but I do honestly feel much better letting my mother know what I felt.

We walked to see Lu Han and my dad talking to each other. They weren’t looking extremely chummy, but they weren’t so awkward with each other. They looked up when they saw us coming out from my room.

My dad smiled at me. “Eun Hae, how are you feeling?” he asked as he looked up to me. I could tell he was straining not to come over to where I was standing and just give me a warm embrace.

“I’m fine,” I replied curtly. I did not wish to open up to them just yet. I still had to be careful with what I say and do in front of them.

Umma sat down next to my dad. I looked at Lu Han who smiled thinly at me. He patted an empty space beside him, asking me to sit down next to him.

I looked at my parents who were waiting for me to sit down so that we could talk and discuss about things more. Then I looked back at Lu Han who had questioning eyes and I even saw a tinge of worry in his eyes. Where should I sit?

I walked over to him and purposely sat on his lap to spite my parents.

I saw them wincing slightly and grinned as Lu Han wrapped his arms around me, his lips brushing against my ear to murmur, “Nice going.” Then he purposely kissed me on my neck, hugging me closer.

“Ahem,” Appa coughed.

We looked up to him innocently.

“Is there a problem for me to show my love for your daughter?” Lu Han asked him, blinking harmlessly. I giggled and leaned against his chest, pressing my cheek to his. He kissed my cheek and smiled at me. I winked.

“None at all,” Appa muttered. He shot my mother a look who exchanged a helpless look back at him. “So, um, what did you girls talk about?”

“Nothing much,” my mother said quickly and I raised an eyebrow. So she doesn’t want to let them know exactly what we were talking about.

“Oh, you know, about how ever since you guys kicked me out of the house you guys became filthy rich and now want me back because you’re able to afford to pay for my living expenses,” I replied truthfully.

I felt Lu Han’s grip on me tightening, Umma’s face turning from disapproval at my public display with Lu Han, to fear as she glanced at my father. My father’s face hardened and I thought that he was going to scold me for being rude but instead he just heaved a heavy sigh and looked away.

Lu Han hummed a familiar song as he nuzzled my back, hugging me tightly while my parents looked everywhere but the two of us. Then Lu Han rested his chin on my shoulder and pressed his cheeks to me. I turned to look at him and he sneakily gave me a kiss on the lips. I giggled and kissed him.

I turned to my parents and remembered they were there. I blushed. Oh gosh, did I really just do that in front of my parents? I really forgot they were here. This was so embarrassing.

“Don’t be embarrassed to show your parents how happy you are without them,” Lu Han murmured softly into my ears as he nibbled my earlobe. “Do you really want them to see that you miss them?”

“I don’t,” I mumbled.

“So show them that you don’t,” he replied. He smiled at me, his eyes twinkling.

“You know, we’re still here,” my dad finally said, not being able to stand the sight of us doing such things.

Lu Han shrugged and I knew he was going to shoot back a witty comeback. “Well, you could always do the same thing, like cuddle up like how I am with Eun Hae, with your wife, couldn’t you?”

My parents gaped at his rudeness and I turned my head, burying my face into the crook of his neck so they wouldn’t see that I was actually smiling at what he said and also the look on my parents’ faces!

It was a of genius!

There was this awkward moment of silence as my parents kept glancing at each other and then looked away while Lu Han absentmindedly played with a strand of my hair. None of us knew what to say to ease the tension in the atmosphere. Lu Han and I actually didn’t want to say anything to them, either.

Finally I couldn’t stand the silence anymore and turned to them. “Is there anything else you want to talk to me about?” I asked.

Umma and Appa looked startled that I was addressing my own parents in such a manner but they caught themselves and recomposed their postures. They exchanged glances before turning to me before they shook their heads.

“So why are you still here?” I asked pointedly.

I felt Lu Han’s chest rumbling and I knew that he was trying to fight back a laugh. I looked at him and he smirked at me. “Way to go,” he murmured. “I think they’re starting to get the message that they’re not wanted.”

“I guess we should go,” Umma spoke up and she and Appa stood up. Lu Han and I stood up as well and ushered them out of the door. She turned to me with sad eyes. “I’m sorry about what I said earlier and I hope that it won’t change your mind about coming to the house to visit us soon, Eun Hae.”

I shrugged. “I said I’ll think about it, didn’t I?” I shot back. Honestly, I was being rude and I felt a little guilty about it.

Appa hugged me even though I didn’t say that he could or anything. I’ll admit that I actually missed being in his tight embrace, remembering how he used to hold before whenever I was scared. “Do take care of yourself,” he said. He looked at Lu Han. “I trust that you will be able to take very good care of her.”

Lu Han nodded.

Then they were gone.

I closed the door behind me and turned around to face Lu Han who heaved a sigh, puffing his cheeks a little. He looked at me with a slight frown. “What did your mother mean when she apologized for what she said? Did she really say all those you said she said?” he wanted to know, and he didn’t look too happy about what I said back there.

I nodded, sighing, as I walked back to the living room. He followed after me. I sat on the couch and he sat down next to me. “Yeah, she really did say that,” I told him. I told him what had happened during the conversation. Well, I left out the bit of where we were talking about him. There’s no way I’m telling him that. It’s too embarrassing and it reminded me of what Kris said.

He didn’t interrupt me or anything, but he kept frowning. When I was done, he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close. “I wish I’d been inside there to help defend you, but you did a great job without me anyways,” he said, kissing my forehead lightly, nuzzling me with his chin.

“Speaking of which,” I said, pulling away for a bit. “What were you and my father talking about outside?”

I was curious.

“Oh, nothing much.”

I pouted. “Oh, come on, that’s not fair! I told you everything my mother and I talked about!” I stomped my foot.

“Did you seriously just do that?”

Lu Han!” I whined.

He laughed lightly, wrapping his arms around my waist before pulling me in for a kiss on my lips. “It’s nothing much, really.”

“I don’t care,” I snapped childishly.

He had a look of amusement on his face as he regarded me. “He asked me questions about myself to see whether I’m fit enough to be your boyfriend or not,” he told me, rolling his eyes as he recounted the conversation he and my father had about me while I was having a conversation with my mother.

I chortled. “Harvard, really? What if he asked you for the certificate or something?” I asked, shaking my head.

“It’s right here.”

We turned and saw Kris standing in front of us, holding out a piece of yellow parchment. I saw that it had the Harvard’s logo on it. I took it and saw that it was almost a real copy of an official certificate from Harvard.

“Wow,” I said, amazed.

Lu Han, however, was frowning. “You seriously need to stop popping up unannounced like this, it gets a little upsettling,” he said, a bite in his voice.

Kris just shrugged and grinned before he disappeared again.

Lu Han sighed. I turned over to him. “Hey, hey, it can’t be all that bad, can it?” I asked him. “Why do you not like your brother?”

He took my arm and pulled me to our room and we cuddled up in bed. “You’re still sick,” he said, changing the subject. “You need to rest. You shouldn’t even be out of bed. You naughty, bad girl.”

I blew a frustrated raspberry but allowed him to tuck me back in bed. As long as he was by my side, that was fine. He leaned in and kissed my forehead. He took out my bag of medicines and I groaned. “Time for medicines!”

“No.”

“Too bad.” He made me eat them anyway, despite my pleas not to.

 

Daeseul’s POV

My brother and his friends were out so Kai came over to my house and we went up to my bedroom. He wasn’t planning to do anything but to cuddle up with me, which I thought was sweet because most guys I knew would immediately try jumping in bed with her the moment they heard that they were the only ones at home.

But not Kai.

He did nothing but cuddled with me and kissed me. His hands didn’t even roam about. He was such a gentleman. We were kissing when he bit on my bottom lip, begging for entrance, and I parted my lips slightly and let him take dominance. He pulled me closer, deepening the kiss and I found my fingers tangled in his locks, curving my body to fit with his.

“Daeseul!”

We pulled apart and I found my brother standing by the door, eyes wide with shock to see me making out with my boyfriend, with Taeil and Zico snickering behind him and saying stupid things like, “er.”

“Oppa, it’s not what it looked like!” I pleaded.

“I think you should ask your boyfriend to leave. Now.”

, he’s furious.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eeeh, why does Kris keep popping everywhere?

And gosh, Jaehyo's maaaad~ ._.