Baby Don't Cry

The Heartbreaker's Game 2: What is Love?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNH_-AULu-8

Baby Don't Cry - Exo-M (Lu Han and Chen)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Lu Han’s POV

Eun Hae became depressed.

Now, that day will forever be scarred in her memory.

These days it took her longer time to sleep. Sometimes she’d wake up screaming and I’d be there to comfort her — but even comforting her was a hard thing to do. I could still hug her and hold her, but I can’t hold her tightly. She’ll start screaming and crying and start defending herself by fighting against me, hitting me. I’ve gotten many bruises because of her.

She kept to herself, mumbling to herself, shaking and trembling all the time, hugging her knee in a dark corner of her room. She wouldn’t talk much, or give a one-word response.

This was causing so much harm in her health that her condition worsened. She’d get sick with fever and she’d throw up. She couldn’t eat much except for porridge. She wouldn’t even let me watch her as she ate. And then there were some nights when she wouldn’t be able to sleep. She’d be wide awake, her eyes opened, half-crazed.

It scared me.

Eventually she got better after two weeks but those two weeks felt long. She was still quiet and she still didn’t like people touching or holding her without warning but she came out more and went back to school. But her grades were dropping and even Yongguk, who had tried to help her, couldn’t do anything about that.

We were all worried because if she failed too much, being sick most of the time too, she might have to repeat her senior year.

One day when she was fine, she went to school. I was still worried about her so I followed her, turning myself invisible so she wouldn’t catch me watching after her. She was blank and she hardly paid attention in class. I took notes for her. I wanted to reach out and hold her tight in my arms to tell her everything was going to be fine, but I was scared that I might worsen her state so I had to restrain myself.

Pain seared through my heart as Eun Hae went to a secluded field and sat under a lone, shady tree during lunch. But then Jongup, Zelo, Daeseul and Changjo tried to approach her but she just shook her head and told them to leave her alone. She told them she didn’t need them to be with her. But her eyes, they told a different story.

I knew why she was doing this.

She was shutting people out.

If her own flesh and blood could betray her so much like that, what’s to say that her friends and loved ones wouldn’t do the same?

Her father had shattered the little trust she had left in her. And Zico had showed her that any guy could act sweet with her because he just wanted to screw her up and that had caused our relationship to be strained.

She had tried to push me out, but I always came back because I didn’t want to leave her alone. I wanted to make sure she was all right.

I watched her as she bent her head over, fiddling with her thumbs as she crisscrossed her legs, her hoodie up. Her fringe was covering her eyes so I couldn’t tell whether she was crying or not.

That did it. I couldn’t stand watching her break like this. I started walking over to her, to reveal myself to comfort her, but then something stopped me in my tracks.

Why is dui zhang walking over to her?

 

Kris’ POV

I had to make sure Eun Hae was okay. I sat down next to her, propping her in between my legs and I pulled her gently to me.

She started and was about to attack me but I held her down and she looked up to see me. When she recognized me, she yanked her hands away from me and balled herself up. I felt a pang of pain as I watched her do this to herself. I pulled her back carefully, making sure I didn’t hug her too tight.

I my hair as I leaned forward. “He’s not your father,” I told her. “A father would never do this to his daughter. He doesn’t deserve to have that as his title. If you were mine, if you were my daughter, I would treat you like a princess and shower you with kisses and hugs of love and shower you with presents. I’d never betray you nor hurt you the way he did if you were my daughter.”

She didn’t say anything.

I daringly leaned forward and kissed her hair. She stiffened at the contact but she didn’t do anything to me.

“Everyone’s worried about you,” I murmured softly into her ears, softly drawing circles with my thumb on her hands that were wrapped around her knees. “They want to make you smile and be happy again, Eun Hae.”

She hugged herself tighter and bent her head to her knees. I heard a sob escaping from and I pulled her closer to me. She didn’t scream when I hugged her tighter.

I looked up to see Lu Han a few feet away from us, watching me comfort Eun Hae intently. His eyes burned with jealousy. I knew he wished he was the one who was holding her and near with her right now.

I sighed, holding Eun Hae close to me.

The deadline is approaching, her heart is breaking, and if Lu Han breaks her heart, she’ll be left in a much worse case than she already was.

What to do?

Damn that Woo Jiho. I hoped I broke a few bones that night I beat him up in the alley. That was what he deserved for destroying my girl like this.

 

Lu Han’s POV

After school, I was really glad when I saw Changjo was determined to walk her home, making sure that she wasn’t alone. Since I knew that she would be safe with him next to her, I decided to hurry home.

While waiting for her to come home, I cleaned up the house. When I was straightening her blanket in her room, I heard the doorbell ringing. I frowned, that was strange. Doesn’t she have her keys?

I walked over to the door and opened it to see Changjo carrying Eun Hae in his arms.

She had fainted again.

I took her from his arms and carried her gently into the bedroom and laid her down. Once Changjo was sure that Eun Hae was comfortable, he left. But I could tell that he didn’t want to leave her side. But he had to.

I watched her as she slept, frowning deeply. I decided to take her out of her uniform. So I walked over to her and cautiously took her shoes and socks off, placing them on the floor. Then I started to her shirt. I gently slid her shirt off and slipped one of my shirts over her, keeping my eyes away from her chest. My hands moved down to her waist, to the waistband of her skirt and coaxed it off. I gulped hard as I saw that she was wearing a pink . I looked away and grabbed one of her shorts and slipped it up.

When I was sure that it was firmly on correctly, I laid her gently in bed and pulled the blanket over her, making sure that she was warm and comfortable.

I took a book and went to read, sitting on a chair next to her bed. I wanted to read in bed next to her but I was scared she might wake up and scream, thinking I was Zico before she saw that it was actually me. A few minutes later I felt my eyelids getting heavy so I closed my eyes and went to sleep.

“Lu Han?”

I straightened up, the book falling off from my lap. I opened my eyes groggily and saw Eun Hae looking at me. She looked confused, like she was wondering how she got in bed and out of her uniform. I looked at the clock. It was five in the evening.

“Hey,” I said.

She looked around and frowned, and I knew she was wondering how she got there.

“Changjo carried you,” I explained.

She looked down. “Fainted?” she murmured.

I was by her side, touching her hand softly. “Don’t feel bad,” I told her gently. I tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and lifted her chin to look up to me. “You can’t help being sick.”

She looked at the time. “Five,” she said, indicating that it was give in the evening. She frowned as if she was thinking hard about something.

I nodded.

“Work.”

No way is she going to work in that condition of hers.

I shook my head. “Don’t even think about it,” I told her firmly, pushing her back in bed. “You have to stay home and rest. You’re sick.”

“But —!”

“I don’t care,” I said stubbornly. I looked at her. “Please, just stay home and rest. You’ll worry me if you go to work and then I’ll have to come to work too even though it’s my day to rest,” I pleaded.

I know I was laying the guilt trip on her but I was desperate to keep her home where I could watch her with ease.

She sighed and looked away and I knew that she was going to stay home for my sake. It made me feel bad but this was the only way I could think of to get her to stay home and get plenty of rest.

She looked back at me and I risked my life by leaning in to kiss her softly on the lips. She pulled back a bit but then she relaxed a bit and hesitated before she kissed me back softly. Damn, I’d missed her soft, sweet lips on mine. I made a mistake by trying to deepen the kiss in my muddled thoughts of holding her close to me.

She pulled back, crying a startled cry and raised a hand to hit me. I covered my head to block myself, not wanting to hold her and hurt her even more. A few seconds later I dared to peep to see that she had turned her body away from me. Her knees were pulled up to her chest, her head down.

“Eun Hae?”

She didn’t move to show that she heard me.

“Eun Hae, you didn’t hit me! That’s something new, right?” I asked, feeling excited. She was getting better!

“You got hurt more,” I heard her whispering softly.

My face fell to think that she was putting herself down instead of seeing that she was getting better. “That’s okay, I’m fine. I wasn’t hurt too badly, and I can understand why you did what you did,” I reassured her, wishing I could touch her.

“Everyone is worried.”

“You’re hurting.”

“Don’t be so forgiving.”

“Why not? It wasn’t your fault your — that it happened. I will always forgive you, but you didn’t do anything wrong here.” I didn’t want to say what happened to remind her all over again. I cursed myself for the almost slip-up.

No word from her.

I reached out to touch her but at the last minute I thought better of it. “Darling, I’m going to touch you on your shoulder, okay?” I placed my hand on her shoulder and she stiffened but she didn’t do anything. I knew she was trying to restrain herself from actually hitting me. “Baby, I don’t want to force you, but can you turn around so that I could see you?” I asked her. “I want to see that beautiful face of yours.”

Eun Hae didn’t say anything and I had a feeling she wasn’t going to say anything. So I just kept quiet, watching her. Eventually she leaned down in her bed, her back to me. She grabbed her hoodie and pulled it over her head, curling up in a ball. Then she sat up and turned to look at me. “Hold me,” she said in a small voice. “Please . . . I want . . . to get better.” I hesitantly wrapped my arms around her and she crawled into my lap. She gulped and tried to relax. “Tighter.”

I held tighter but I was preparing myself to let go if she started to fight. Her voice shook. “Don’t let me go.” She stared into space for a moment before her face started to crumble and her body began shaking. I was about to let her go but she held onto my hand. “Don’t let me go,” she pleaded.

“Eun Hae,” I said her name in despair. “I don’t want to hurt you.”

She twitched and fought against me, but she held onto my hand to make sure I didn’t let her go. “Don’t ever let me go,” she cried, tears starting to fall down from her face. But then she cried and began to hit me.

I wanted to let go, but something in her voice told me not to. I held her tight, let her beat my chest up, one hand around her waist and the other on her head, supporting it, pressing it to the crook of my neck where I could feel her hot tears against my skin. She cried and thrashed and I couldn’t find the will the let her go.

Lu Han!” she cried in utter agony.

I held her tighter, trying to ignore the pain she was giving to me because she was hurting so much more. “I won’t ever let go.” She tried to push me away but I held on to her. “I’m not letting you go,” I told her as she cried in my arms, wincing as she banged her fist on my knee. But then she wrapped her arms around my neck and cried, hugging me tightly. I knew that she needed someone to hold onto so I let her hug me, stoking her hair gently, kissing her face sweetly.

“Baby, don’t cry,” I whispered to her. She sobbed harder, kicking her legs but had stopped fighting, as I opened my mouth and began singing a song in Chinese to her.

 

“你就别再犹豫了好吗 [Ni jiu bie zai you yu le hao ma]

Please don’t hesitate anymore

就紧拉住我的心脏 [Jiu jin na zhu wo de xin zang]

Just hold tight to my heart

爱像一道很刺眼的光芒 [Ai shi yi dao hen ci yan de guang mang]

Love is just like a dazzling light

凌厉的月光 把眼睛关上 [Lin lie de yue guang, ba yan jing guan shang]

Eyes closed upon the sharp moonlight

 

“如果不是我 是别的男人 [Ru guo bu shi wo shi bie de nan ren]

If it’s not me but other guy

如果这是喜剧里面的一句话 [Ru guo zhe shi xi ju li mian de yi ju hua]

If this is a sentence in a comedy

笑淡了就罢 [Shao gan le jiu ba]

Where I can laugh it off

我会和你的爱交换伤痕 [Wo hui he ni de ai jiao huan shang hen]

I will exchange your love with a scar

 

“Baby don’t cry tonight

当黑夜再㳄亮起来 [Dang hei ye zai ci liang qi lai]

When the dark night lit up

Baby don’t cry tonight

就当做没发生过一样 [Jiu dang zuo mei fa sheng guo yi yang]

Just treat it as if nothing happened

 

“你永远都不会化身像泡沫一样 [Ni yong yuan dou bu hui hua shang xiang pao mo yi yang]

You will never be like foam

难道你不知道吗 [Nan dao ni bu zhi dao ma]

Don’t you know that?

So baby don’t cry, cry

我的爱守护你不放开 [Wo de ai shou hu ni bu fang kai]

My love will protect you and never let go

 

I sang the song once more. “Baby, don’t cry,” I whispered as I wiped her tears away.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lulu's so sweeeeett~ (:

I love hearing his voice while listening to this song. Whenever I feel down, Chen and Lulu's voices in this song seemed to be able to cheer me up (: