Never Let You Go

The Heartbreaker's Game 2: What is Love?

Lu Han’s POV

Why isn’t that Yixing answering his watch? Doesn’t he know that I’m calling him on his watch right now? Does he even hear it? This is so strange. We always have our watch with us on our wrists whenever the Game was happening. Sometimes we still wear it even when the Game isn’t on.

So why isn’t he picking up?

Maybe he’s bathing. That’s the only time when we take the watch off. But we usually keep it in the bathroom with us so that if it rings, we’ll just answer it. So why isn’t this funny guy answering the call right now?

After the tenth try, I decided to give up. Maybe dui zhang worked them too hard again and he conked out in bed, extremely exhausted that he was practically dead to the world and could not hear it going off. It wouldn’t be the first time he had made my friends work really hard. Dui zhang was a slave driver and he usually expects us to put a lot of our best effort into everything we do and if he feels as though we’re not doing enough, he makes us do harder. He’s obsessed in making us beat Exo-K. But still . . . can’t Lay tell that I really need him to come and heal my Eun Hae? She’s so unwell, I hate seeing her like this. I sighed. Maybe I should try calling him again. And so I did. I got back the same answer. He did not pick up his phone.

I will kill him the next time I see him.

When I see him, which would probably be after the game. So he’s lucky that he still has time to live.

I looked at Eun Hae. She was still breathing abnormally but at least she was sleeping and at least she was fine now. She gave me quite a scar when she fainted in my arms last night. I panicked for a while. I didn’t know what to do but luckily I was quick and called Kai to come and take her.

Oh, she’s stirring.

It means that she’s waking up already.

 

Eun Hae’s POV

When I woke up a few hours later, I felt Lu Han humming a song while my hair gently with his right hand, his left hand around me. I felt his familiar, warm scent and immediately felt reassured. I felt so safe whenever he was near me. He had this sense of comfort that no one else have.

“Hey there, beautiful,” he said sweetly. “How are you?” He leaned down and kissed my forehead, letting his lips linger there for a while.

“I’m fine,” I replied.

“That’s good.”

I snuggled up to him, my face on his shoulder as he hugged me tightly. I love being in his embrace. It’s so warm and it felt as though we fitted into one whenever he hugged me tightly like this. But then, all of a sudden, my stomach twisted into knots and I shot out of bed and made a run for the toilet bowl. Soon I was vomiting all over again and Lu Han was next to me, my hair, still humming that same song.

A few minutes later, I was back in bed and he got water for me. After drinking, I went back to sleep. I couldn’t remember what I was dreaming about but then I was woken up by Lu Han, who had made porridge for me. It tasted really good so luckily I was about to finish it. Then he made me take my medicine. I was reluctant, especially since I really hate that smell, but I decided to be a good girl for him and took it.

“Good girl,” he said encouragingly as I swallowed the pills. I put the glass aside and snuggled back up to me. He kissed my forehead.

“Thank you,” I said.

“What for?”

“For not taking me to the hospital.”

“Why didn’t you tell me about your condition? Doctor Kim told me that you’ve been sick almost all your life,” he told me, looking serious.

Darn that Doctor Kim. Why did you have to tell him about it? Now it would only make him worry a lot more about me even though there is no need!

He was waiting for my answer.

I nodded. “When I was born, I was very small. I only weighed one point two kilogram as a baby,” I explained and his eyes went wide in surprise. I nodded. “I was born with a hole in my heart so I was also asthmatic. Now the hole closed up, but sometimes I still have difficulty in breathing. And because growing up with a weak heart, it made me drain my energy if I really stress myself out.”

He kissed my nose. “I’m here to take care of you,” he said sweetly.

“I’m sorry,” I said.

“For what?” I felt his breath on my hair and smiled thinly.

“For making you take care of me.”

“I’m not sorry. I want to take care of you. It’s not a burden to me at all so don’t apologize about it. You can’t help being sick. You were born with it, anyway. You need someone to take care of you and I’m the person to do that.” He looked at me, his eyes serious. “You scared the out of me when you fainted last night. Don’t ever do that again, especially since you insisted not to go to the hospital. And stay away from the Zico guy. Why were you with him in the first place, anyway?”

I blushed. I was actually hoping he wouldn’t remember that. “Remember I told you I would be at the library?” I asked. When I nodded, I went on, “Well, I must have fallen asleep and he must have found me. Then he carried me back to his house because he didn’t know where I lived.”

He looked at me, frowning with displeasure. “Did he do anything to you? Did he touch you?” he wanted to know, narrowing his eyes.

Should I tell him about what Zico tried to do to me the night before? I should. I’ve always wanted a relationship based on trust and honesty. And he was honest enough to tell me that he’s an alien.

So I took a deep breath and nodded. “He tried to do something to me when I woke up,” I told him. “But I kept insisting that I already have a boyfriend and tried to push him off me. Then you called me and he was distracted so I pushed him off and answered your call. Then you came to get me, then I fainted.

His face clouded and he clenched his fist. “He’s never going to be able to celebrate Father’s Day, ever,” he said in a low, angry voice, making his chest to rumble. “Sure, he didn’t do anything, but he tried to.”

“Don’t,” I pleaded, holding onto his shirt and his grip tightened protectively around me. I sighed contently. “Don’t let me go.”

“I’ll never let you go.”

A thrilling sensation ran through all over my body when he said that. He’ll never let me go. Does he care that much about me? But then a thought came across my mind.

“How did you get me home?” I wondered my thoughts out loud. “I mean, you can’t have walked and carried me home all the way, right?”

“I’d be crazy if I did.”

“So how did you do it, then?”

“Oh, that was nothing. I called Kai to come and teleport you to the apartment and I would come afterward,” he told me, shrugging nonchalantly.

How?” I asked incredulously. How on earth was he able to call Kai when he didn’t own a phone? Unless he used a payphone to call, but then how would he know what Kai’s number is? This is so weird.

“With your phone,” he answered like it was so obvious. He reached in to his pocket and took my phone out, holding it up to me so that I could see that my phone was in his possession.

. . .

How? It’s password protected.”

“Not unless it’s a five-letter word,” he replied matter-of-factly.

He . . .

Guessed . . .

My . . .

Password . . .?

I felt my face growing extremely hot when he said that. Oh, gosh, that must mean that he . . . “You guessed it?” I asked him incredulously.

Oh, . I should have changed passwords!

Darling, it’s not very hard, you know.” He rolled his eyes. “I’m touched, but you need to find a better password. What if someone who knows me get hold of your phone? He’ll know your password for sure and would hack into your phone and who who-knows-what with it.” Lu Han shrugged.

“Then what password should I put?” I wanted to know. I didn’t want to change my password. I wanted to keep it as his name.

He shrugged and kissed my head softly before resting his cheek on mine. “I don’t know,” he replied. He looked at me and smiled. “What’s wrong with you?”

“What do you mean?” I frowned.

“I mean, why did you suddenly get a fever? Your doctor told me that you have a weak body and you get really tired easily if something upset you or you’re very stressed,” he replied. “And I could tell that something was bothering you yesterday but I didn’t press it because you looked so worn-out.”

I sighed. He’ll find out sooner or later anyway. “Jongup came to see me,” I muttered. “And he said some things. . . .”

“Like?” he growled.

“Well . . . like, they really missed me and want me back and that why should I only have four friends when I can have more and . . .” I trailed off, wondering if I should tell him about the part where Jongup asked me about what if Lu Han breaks up with me? The truth is, it hurt to think that. I know that Lu Han is an alien and eventually, he’ll have to go back to Exo. And I’m not sure if he’ll still want me since he once told me that girls on Exo are so much prettier than girls here on Earth.

What if he does break up with me? It hurt to think that because I really do love Lu Han. I cannot imagine my life without him now that he’s here.

“And what?” Lu Han pressed.

I shook my head. “It’s nothing.”

“Lies.” He cupped my face and made me have no choice but to turn to him and I looked at him in the eyes. I could see the worry and anxiety in those warm, brown orbs, his eyebrows pulled together.

“He said if I forgive them and be friends with them again, he said that B.A.P will always be there for me if . . .” I hesitated.

“If?”

“If . . . if you break up with me.” I said that in a small voice, hoping that it was low enough that he didn’t hear me. But I had forgotten he had radar hearings.

He sat up straighter and I sat up as well to look at him. “Break up with you? Why would I want to do that?” he asked me. He looked at me. “Do you think that I would ever break up with you? Why?”

“I – I don’t know,” I winced.

“Explain.”

“Well . . .” Where do I start explaining? “The thing is . . . we’re still quite young, we’ve got a whole life to live . . .” I struggled to think of the list of reasons why we couldn’t last despite the fact that I want it to.

“So you’re saying that I’m only with you for now?”

“No, no,” I hastily said, “I meant, who knows what will happen in the future? Will we still be together or not?” I looked pointedly at him. “And you’re an alien. You’re not from Earth. You belong in Exo, where it’s so far away. I mean, it’s another planet.”

“Well, I can always move here,” he replied.

He will?

He nodded, as if he read my thoughts. “I will, for you, my dear,” he said softly, gently caressing my cheek with a finger. His touch was so soft, so sweet.

“But what if you have to go back one day?” I asked. I looked down at my hands. “And, well, I remembered you once told me that Exo girls are so much prettier.”

He smirked. “Why? Are you jealous that I’ll go back to Exo and never come back because the girls so much prettier?”

“Yes, of course I’m jealous. It scares me to think that,” I told him.

“Why?” he wanted to know.

“Because I love you,” I replied. “Lu Han, I don’t want to ever break up. You’ve became a big part in my life. I know it sounds corny and all, but it’s true. There are so many girls out there, even in Seoul, who are prettier, ier and more beautiful than me. I’m scared you’ll meet one of them and fall in love with her, forgetting about me, especially since you told me that the girls in Exo look so much better, and girls here on Earth look plain and boring if we ever stand next to them.”

“You worry too much,” he replied.

I frowned. “You’re too good-looking for your own sake. I’m sure a lot of girls would want you.”

“Do you want me?”

I blushed. “Well —”

He kissed me softly on the lips with a slight chuckle. “You shouldn’t worry about those girls, even if you think that they’re ier, prettier or more beautiful than you.”

“But —”

“Because my Eun Hae is more beautiful, ier, prettier and she’s the only girl I want,” Lu Han replied firmly as he cupped my face to make me look up to him. “I don’t want to love anybody else except for you, Eun Hae.”

I looked at him, giving a hopeful smile. “Really? Do you really mean that? Do you love me the way I love you?” I asked him, tilting my head to look at him.

He nodded and I felt relieved. “I love you so much, Eun Hae. I will never ever leave you,” he whispered, nibbling my ear. “As long as you want me, I’m here. I won’t go until the day you tell me to go. I’ll always be here until you tell me you don’t want me anymore.”

“Never,” I whispered back. “I will never ask you to go. I don’t want you to leave me. I want you to always be in my life, Lu Han. I love you.”

He kissed me softly on the lips. “I don’t care if you’re sick,” he murmured between kisses, “and I don’t care if I get sick again. I just want you. I love you.” He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and let him pull me as we kissed. I love him so, so much. I love Lu Han. Finally we pulled back and he smiled at me. I snuggled up with him again.

“I’ll never go unless you say so,” he whispered as I closed my eyes to sleep again. “I will always be here for you until the day you tell me that you have had enough of me and want me to go back to Exo.”

I’m never going to let Lu Han go. No matter what happens between us, in our relationship, I will never tell him to get lost. We would be able to make this work, we are going to make this work.

 

No One’s POV

Somewhere in a posh mansion, lived a lonely couple with their maids and butlers scurrying around the house to make sure that it’s clean and welcoming at all time for them to live in. It was a house Eun Hae would have remembered, the house where she grew up in before she was kicked out.

“Why isn’t she coming back to us? We told her we missed her and that we were sorry to have abandoned her in the first place. So why isn’t she back with us?” a lady asked in frustration, staring at her phone.

The two of them were in the living room of the house. They had been waiting for days for Eun Hae’s call but they never got it.

“Just be patient and wait a little longer, my dear,” her husband reassured her. “She’ll come back to us soon. One day, she will. She has to. Every child wants their parents’ love, even if they’d been abandoned or abused by them because at the end of the day, we’re still the parents.”

His wife sighed. “We never should have let her go.”