Escaping from Suho

The Heartbreaker's Game 2: What is Love?

No One’s POV

Baekhyun twisted and the doorknob for the millionth time ever since they had been locked up inside the room but it was completely and utterly useless. The door would not budge and it refused to open.

“Suho hyung can’t do this to us,” Chanyeol fumed.

“This is barbaric,” D.O agreed.

Sehun was hugging the G-strings Kai had gotten for him. He smiled dreamily as he rubbed the soft, lacy fabric against his face. “Ahhh, so soft . . . at least I still have you here with me,” he cooed, it, closing his eyes.

“Sick,” D.O and Baekhyun muttered.

Chanyeol shot an irritated look at the maknae. He couldn’t understand why Sehun was not affected by this and he didn’t find it fair that he was the only one who was happy about it while the rest of them were suffering.

“You’ll always be with me, right?” Sehun went on.

“Make it stop,” D.O moaned.

“With pleasure.” Chanyeol held out a hand and shot a fireball at the G-strings and poor Sehun watched with terror as it burned into ashes.

“No!” Sehun cried in anguish, gripping the air. He then glowered at Chanyeol, a dark cloud over his head and created a mini-tornado, the ashes. He then pushed the tornado toward Chanyeol.

“Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!! Gerroffme!” Chanyeol screamed like a girl, flailing his arms around his face as the tornado attacked his best features.

Baekhyun looked sternly at Sehun. “I think that’s quite enough.”

“He destroyed my G-strings!”

“It’s still not a reason for you to attack him like that!”

Chanyeol shot a fireball at Sehun’s and he jumped, yelping in pain. His jeans where his was became singed and Sehun glared at him. He created another tornado and this time, it made Chanyeol twirl around in circles.

“Stop it!” D.O cried out as Chanyeol shot fireballs aimlessly, the earth rumbling. D.O quickly put the fire out with dirt, shooting Sehun a look.

“Yah, Oh Sehun!!” Baekhyun said sharply.

Sighing with reluctance, Sehun closed his fist and the tornados dispersed, making Chanyeol dropped back on the ground with a loud thud — and Chanyeol’s face was covered in soot, his curly hair awry.

D.O burst out laughing. “You looked like a mess!”

“That idiot burned my G-strings!” Sehun complained, crying forlornly. “You are going to get me another one, hyung! I don’t care!”

Chanyeol only grunted, still dizzy from spinning around and around in circles too much. He shook his head, trying to clear his vision. He felt like he was going to puke. Damn that stupid guy. He’s way too sensitive.

“I’ve got it!” Baekhyun suddenly cried out and all eyes turned to him. He jumped up to his feet excitedly and turned to the others. “I know a way we can break out from this prison hole! It’s the brilliant idea!”

 

Suho was outside in the living room, watching the Game, ignoring Chanyeol and Sehun’s cries inside. He smiled when he saw that Kai and Eun Hae were talking and walking to school with each other.

This was how he liked it.

But then something distracted him from the Game, something that cannot be ignored. He could smell something burning inside the dorm. He turned to see where it was coming from and found smoke emitting from under the door where he had locked his friends inside.

Creasing his brows, he got up and walked over to the door. He unlocked it and pushed it opened and looked down to see Chanyeol burning a piece of stick near it with Sehun blowing wind to make the smoke come out from the under the door.

He frowned.

They looked up sheepishly and smiled, quickly standing up. Chanyeol hid the stick behind his hand and whistled, looking around the room.

He stepped inside the room, blocking the doorway. “Nice try, you guys,” he said dryly, “but I’m afraid you’re going to have to do better than that.”

“Do what?” Sehun asked innocently.

“Very funny,” he said, folding his arms across his chest, not amused.

“Hyung.”

He turned to his left and saw Baekhyun holding out a palm toward him. A second later, he was blinded by bright lights. Groaning in pain and covering his eyes in pain, he staggered back against the wall. Before he even had time to react, D.O, who not only could bend the earth but metal as well, sent four sets of chains toward his leader, locking him up against the wall.

Suho tried to move, but he was bound by the chains. He glared at his friends, feeling betrayed. “I can’t believe you guys would do this to me!” he exclaimed as Baekhyun felt around his pockets for the keys to the drawer where he had kept their watches.

“Tough, hyung, we couldn’t believe you would do what you did to us either,” Chanyeol snorted as he, D.O and Sehun walked out.

Baekhyun retrieved the keys from his back pocket and twirled it around his fingers. “Sorry, hyung, but we really can’t stand this,” he replied and walked out, closing the door behind him. He unlocked the drawer and soon the boys each took their respective watches back.

Sehun glanced over at the door where Suho was protesting behind it. “Shouldn’t we tell a Minion about this?” he asked his hyungs.

Baekhyun, the kindhearted, hesitated.

“Nah,” D.O replied, shaking his head firmly, and he began walking out of the dorm’s front door. “They’ll wonder why he’s not showing up to watch the Game in the Hall or wonder why he’s not coming to check on them daily and find him like that.”

They walked to the Hall. Since the Minions knew nothing of them being locked up, they weren’t suspicious and let them passed through to the potholes. They got in and D.O punched in Kai’s address and soon they found themselves in an empty living room.

 

Kai’s POV

I nervously waited for the door to open outside of Daeseul’s house. If I didn’t see Jaehyo with Block-B earlier when I was with Eun Hae when we ran into them, that must mean that he was home, taking care of Daeseul.

Great.

The door slowly opened and I took a deep breath.

Jaehyo’s cold face greeted me but when he saw the scared expression on my face, he smirked. “Am I that intimidating?” he asked me as he stepped aside to let me inside the house, which I did fearfully.

Was that even a question?

I nodded meekly. “Is Daeseul okay?” I asked him.

He nodded. “She’s up in her room.” He gave me a look and I gulped. Here it comes. “I didn’t mean to scare you the other day. I was just worried about my sister.” I guess Eun Hae was right after all. “But if you are with her because you want to get in her pants, and then leave her alone the next day, I will break you,” Jaehyo threatened.

That made me even more scared of him. I nodded feebly. “I don’t like her because of that,” I told him. “I really don’t. I truly do care about your sister.”

“Good.” His face relaxed into a small smile. He cocked his head up to the stairs. “Go on up; she’s waiting for you. You know where her room is,” he teased.

Blushing furiously, I walked up the stairs to her room, to where she was waiting for me.

Daeseul smiled brightly when she saw me. “I hope my brother didn’t give you too much trouble,” she said, patting the side of her bed.

I shook my head as I walked over to where she wanted me to sit and sat down next to her, putting my arms around her shoulders. I kissed her head. “How are you, darling?” I asked her, looking into her eyes.

She wrapped her arms around my waist and leaned her head on my shoulder. “I’m fine, now that you’re here,” she replied sweetly.

I smiled and kissed her nose.

She sneezed and looked at me sheepishly.

I just laughed.

I loved being with Daeseul. She never failed to make me feel warm and when I’m with her, I forget everything I. I forgot about the time, I forgot I was supposed to break Eun Hae’s heart, I forgot about the Game, forgot about the fact that Suho was mad at me, forgot about my worries and I just lost it all to the moments and memories made with her.

Was this how D.O felt when he realized he was in love? Does Lu Han feel this way about Eun Hae, which was why it was taking him extra time to break her heart — because he doesn’t want this feeling to end? I didn’t care about anything except for the fact that Daeseul and I are together.

But will she freak out if I tell her I’m not exactly human? Will she still accept me if she finds out I have powers? Eun Hae was able to take it when Lu Han told her because she was weird in a way, but Daeseul . . . she’s a lot fragile than Eun Hae.

Eun Hae was strong and was able to take crap because she’s carefree, but Daeseul is quite logical and she would probably need to know a scientific reason for my existence. What am I going to tell her?

Will she love me enough to accept me?

 

An hour later, Daeseul fell asleep so I thought I’d go back home. I kissed her gently before extracting myself from her arms and then teleported back to my house, sighing a heavy sigh, thinking hard about my dilemma.

“Kai! You’re back!”

“Hi, we’ve come to live with you!”

“Chanyeol the bully burned my G-strings that you got for me!”

“Oh, get over it, you big baby.”

I blinked and jumped back with surprise when I saw my friends in front of me. “What the hell are you guys doing here?!” I yelled, looking at each one of them.

Sehun stopped in front of me. “Suho hyung locked us in our room because we kept hanging out with Exo-M, which he didn’t like, then Baekhyun hyung came up with this brilliant idea to escape and then we came here and waited for you then you came home and asked us what we were doing here,” he said in one breath.

I stared at him in disbelief, not sure if I heard correctly. “What?”

“Suho hyung locked us in our room because we kept hanging out with Exo-M, which he didn’t like, then Baekhyun hyung hyung came up with this brilliant idea to escape and then we came here and  —”

“I heard you the first time,” I cut in hastily.

“Then why did you say ‘what’ as if you did?!”

“Because I wasn’t sure if you were telling the truth.” I looked at the others, ignoring him as he whined. “Was he really talking about the same Suho hyung I know, who’s nice and wouldn’t do something like this? This sounds a lot like something Exo-M’s leader would do!”

Baekhyun nodded, sighing. “As farfetched as it may seem, he really did that to us,” he said.

I looked at him. “Wow . . .”

Sehun looked upset. “How come you believed him but not me?” he whined.

“That’s because three-fourths of the words that come out from your mouth are nonsense,” D.O replied, taking a big bite of the apple he was eating.

“This is coming from the Dimwitted-Object,” Sehun muttered in a sour tone, glowering bitterly at him.

D.O was clearly offended by that. “Yah, how many times must I ask you guys to stop calling me that?!” he wanted to know.

“A thousand and one times and we’ll still call you that afterward,” Chanyeol replied.

“Shut up,” Baekhyun advised them.

I shook my head. “Anyway,” I said loudly, grabbing their attention. “You guys can’t stay here. What if Suho hyung comes here? He’s going to think that I helped and then I’d be in trouble with you guys.”

Baekhyun shrugged. “You’re already trouble in your own way,” he pointed out.

“I don’t want to be in more trouble!”

Sehun shrugged. “We’re staying,” he said stubbornly.

“For once, you said something smart,” Chanyeol told him with a straight face.

“Rare moment,” D.O agreed.

Bakhyun walked into the spare room to inspect it. He nodded approvingly. “I think I’ll stay in here. The others will sleep in the living room.”

I looked at the one person who I thought I could count on to be reasonable. Well, that flew out of the window. “Not you too!” I cried out exasperatedly.

But my friends never listened and settled down in my house. I sighed. I looked at the time. It was time to go for work anyway.

 

Lu Han’s POV

I was taking over the cashier in the café. I looked at the time. It was almost four. Eun Hae had extra curriculum so she wouldn’t be coming until five. I shrugged and continued working, busying myself, until the door dinged. Kai entered, looking glum.

“What’s with the long face?” I asked as he came over to me.

“My friends took over my house,” he explained. “Apparently Suho hyung locked them up in their room and they escaped — to my house, figures.”

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. “My leader did the same!” I exclaimed.

He looked startled. “This can’t be a coincidence!”

Before we could continue our conversation, Zelo and Jongup walked up to us to order their drinks. But Jongup got a call so Zelo ordered for the both of them. I punched it in the register and looked at Kai. Kai had a second power where he could imagine whatever object he wanted to appear right in front of him. So he turned around for one second and the next second, he had their orders ready to come. He turned to give it to Zelo.

“That’s fast,” Zelo remarked, paying, as Jongup came up to us, saying, “Can we have that to-go, instead?”

“What’s up?” Zelo asked Jongup as Kai packed it away and I returned the change.

“That was Daehyun on the phone,” Jongup told him and I couldn’t but helped noticing that Kai’s eyes pricked up at the mention of his name.

Kai turned to me, knowing that I was wondering why he looked eager. “Eun Hae was supposed to talk to him at four,” he muttered to me.

I looked at the time. It was four-thirty.

“Daehyun’s at the hospital,” Jongup said and the coins I was supposed to give back to Zelo slipped off my fingers and they looked strangely at me but I was looking right at Jongup.

Then I remembered something.

Eun Hae forgot her medicines on the counter table.

“She didn’t faint . . . did she?” I asked.

Jongup nodded. “She did.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hehehe, Exo-K escaped! But poor Sehun, his G-strings! >.<

Ahh, she really fainted ._.