Come Back to Us

The Heartbreaker's Game 2: What is Love?

Kai’s POV

My jaws dropped. “Seriously . . .?” I still couldn’t get it in my head that he actually fell for someone!

D.O sighed and nodded, sitting down on the couch. “I fell in love . . . hurt her so badly . . . which was why I screwed up on purpose on my last Game,” he muttered. “I didn’t want to hurt anyone before and seeing the look on her face when she realized it was all just a Game . . . because I love her so much . . . that killed me.” He looked up to me. “Remember the last two Games I played?” When I nodded, he went on, “I met this most amazing girl . . . she was so beautiful, kind, gentle, and she was very sweet. I fell in love with her and I didn’t want to break her heart.” He sighed. “The only problem was that I only realized I love her after I won the Game.”

Wow . . .

I never knew.

He looked at me and smiled resentfully. “Did you know that the day I broke her heart was the day she came up to me and told me she was pregnant with my child?” he asked with such bitterness in his voice.

“Omo . . .”

“But . . . I had to win the Game so I told her that it was all just a Game and told her to go for an abortion. When I told her I never loved her, the hurt on her face was . . . it brings nightmares to my mind whenever I try to sleep,” he whispered. “I will never forget the look on her face when I hurt her. And afterward when I came back to Exo, feeling proud that I’d won, I realized that I was in love with her because I spent days so miserable and I felt so empty without seeing her by my side. So I actually snuck back down to tell her I’m sorry.” He hung his head low and a tear escaped from his eyes. “I went to ask her for a second chance, to let me make a family with her and our baby.” He trailed off.

“What happened?”

“She committed suicide.”

I gasped.

D.O sunk low in the sofa and his shoulders began to shake really hard. All this time he’d been keeping the hurt and the pain inside of his heart . . . for, what, eight years? And then when he had to play again the next year, it must have been hard. That was why he messed up but he did it so well that no one could have guessed that he did it on purpose.

“Hyung, I’m sorry,” I said.

He looked at me. “Look, just . . . don’t mess up, all right? Find a way out of this. Do what I did and try to cover it up so Suho hyung won’t suspect that you’re in love with Daeseul, and that you’ve lost interest with Eun Hae.”

I nodded, loss for words, before he turned and went back up to Exo.

 

Daeseul’s POV

When twelve came, I smiled instantly when I heard the doorbell rang and I immediately ran down the stairs to open it. “It’s for me!” I called just as Zico came to answer it. I smiled at him before I opened the door and nearly forgot how to breathe when I saw this God standing right in front of me.

He smiled. He came up to me and placed his arms around my waist. “Hi.”

Oh, gosh, that voice.

“Hi,” I said breathlessly.

He leaned in and kissed me sweetly on the lips. I kissed him back wrapped my arms around his neck to pull him closer. I could hear Zico making gagging and then kissy sounds next to me but instead of breaking the kiss to glare at him, I raised my hand out and pointed my middle finger out to him.

.

Zico laughed heartedly. “Don’t let me ruin your fun.” I heard footsteps fading and knew he had gone back inside the living room. “Yah, Jaehyo hyung! Your sister is eating her boyfriend’s face out! You might wanna stop them before she loses her ity to him!” he called out with glee.

That punk.

Kai broke apart from me and frowned. “Who’s that I should kill?” he wanted to know.

I shrugged. “Not someone worth knowing,” I replied. I smiled at him. “Let’s go?”

He nodded and led me out. I looked at him. He seemed really quiet and a bit moody today. Did something happen? Did I do something wrong?

I slipped my hand into his and looked at him. “Are you okay, Kai Oppa? You seem really quiet today,” I said.

He looked at me and his face relaxed into that handsome smile. “I’m okay,” he replied even he and I knew that he was lying. “Sorry, I was just thinking about one of my friends. He went through this really bad breakup and now he’s really upset.”

“Oh. What happened?”

“Let’s just say that he realized his mistake but by then it was too late.”

I didn’t know what to say to that so I just held onto his arms tighter and he turned to kiss me on the forehead. “I hope he’ll be okay.”

He nodded and wrapped his arms around my shoulder, pulling me close. “Anyway, let’s not thinking about that, hmm?” he said. “We’re going on a date. We should be thinking about only you and me.”

I giggled as we continued walking to the café for lunch.

 

Eun Hae’s POV

I opened my eyes and saw Lu Han smiling down at me. I smiled back as he leaned down to kiss my lips. I sat up in bed. “It’s twelve,” I laughed. “We’ve been cuddling here for half the day already.”

He wrapped his arms around me and rested his chin on my shoulder. “Let’s try make it a day, then. I want to spend days cuddling forever with you,” he said, his eyes twinkling.

I shoved him lightly. “My tummy’s rumbling, I’m hungry,” I told him.

He pinned me down, topping on top of me. “So have me for lunch them,” he teased and leaned down to kiss my neck.

I groaned when he nibbled on my sweet spot, creating a hickey there. “Yeah, yeah, you wish,” I told him as I felt his teeth grazing on my skin.

He laughed and pulled apart. “Why not?”

I shook my head and poked my tongue out at him. “Byuntae.”

He laughed and rested his head on my chest and I wrapped my arms around him, his hair gently. Can he hear how fast my heart is beating right now for him? Does he know that he’s making me feel this way?

He kissed my chest lightly and I gasped as his cool lips brushed against my skin softly. His kisses trailed up to my neck and back down. His hands rubbed my sides up and down, slipping under my shirt to my bare skin and he pressed his body against me, careful not to crush me with his full weight. He moved his head up to my chin and nibbled there for a bit before he kissed my lips, his tongue entering my mouth. His hands lifted my shirt up as he touched my stomach with his bare stomach and pulled me closer to him as he deepened the kiss. A few minutes later, we broke apart and gasped, panting for breath.

I looked at him and smiled, cupping his face. He smiled back. “Are you really hungry?” he wanted to know.

I nodded.

He got off me and out of bed. “Then I shall make lunch for my Eun Hae to eat,” he said and gave me a wink before he walked out of the door to the kitchen.

I loved the way he said, “My Eun Hae.”

I giggled as I reached out to touch my lips. I could still feel him on me, feel his hands on my waist, his lips on my neck to my lips. I was getting a little lightheaded just thinking about him. Gosh, I’m head over heels for that jerk.

I love him.

It’s weird, I know, but it’s true.

I got out of bed and walked out to the kitchen to smell the fresh aroma of ramen since it was the only thing I had in my house. He looked up when he saw me coming nearer. He frowned. “You need to stock up your cupboard,” he said. “Seriously, all you have is ramen. It’s not good for you to eat it all the time.”

I shrugged. “I guess I didn’t have time to go out and buy stuff,” I told him.

He smiled as he poured the noodles into two bowls, one for me and one for him. “Well, then, I guess we’ll have to go grocery shopping later then,” he said brightly and I followed him out to the dining table to eat our ramen.

When we were done, we both washed our plates before we went back to my room. I looked at the time. It was going to two already. “I’m going to bathe,” I said and turned to walk to the bathroom.

Lu Han pulled me back. “Can I come in as well?” he asked, his eyes filled with mischief.

I laughed and shook my head. “Somebody needs to clean up the room,” I told him.

He kissed my neck and let me bathe. As I bathed, I smiled, happy that he was my boyfriend, happy that he actually felt the same way I felt.

 

Lu Han’s POV

After the both of us had bathed, we actually cuddled up in bed for a while. When it was four, it was only then we decided to go out and stock up her cupboard with food. As we walked to the grocery store, I held her hand and she swung it back and forth with that happy smile on her face. I smiled, seeing her smile.

Gosh, she looked so amazing.

I knew Kris would probably be wondering why I haven’t done it with her yet. I don’t know. I felt like she wasn’t ready and I didn’t want to rush her. Besides, I love just cuddling up with her. She’s so cute and innocent. I didn’t want to take her ity away like that before the right time came.

Once we entered the grocery store, we grabbed a basket and searched around the shelves for food that we can afford to buy and that we want to eat. As we were bending over the dairy products to choose which brand of milk to take, we heard another person walking down the same aisle as us.

“Eun Hae?”

We looked up and gasped at the person standing in front of us before another person came out as well.

“Eun Hae . . . I – I’m sorry. We’re sorry. We really regret what we’ve done to you. Can you forgive us and come back to us?”

Eun Hae’s eyes widened as she gasped at the words. She covered and the items in the basket would have fallen if I hadn’t caught it on time. I frowned as I looked at the person who spoke to her.

Why would her parents want her back after repeatedly denying that she was even their daughter?