Passing the Test

The Heartbreaker's Game 2: What is Love?

Lu Han’s POV

“Are you in love with Eun Hae?” he asked me.

“W – What?” I spluttered in disbelief.

Okay I was so not expecting this. Why was he asking me this? Did he suspect that there was something going on? Did I do anything that showed that I was in love with her? Oh come on, dui zhang, I was just acting! He can’t have believed my act, did he?

“Are you in love with Eun Hae?” he repeated his question, except this time it was in Chinese, just in case Eun Hae came out and overheard the conversation. She must not know about the Game now otherwise her heart will break and then I would not be able to play the Game anymore . . . unless I get her to fall in love with me again and then do it for real but then that would take even longer time.

“Of course not!” I denied back in the same language. I shook my head fervently but I felt that my heart was thumping wildly as I told him. “Do I look like I fell in love with her?” I asked dui zhang.

“Why else would I be asking you?” he shot back.

“I don’t. I am not in love with Eun Hae,” I told him indignantly. “It’s only acting. You seriously can’t have believed my acting, could you?”

“Okay, well, if you are not in love with her, why is it taking you longer than usual to her and break her heart to win the Game?” he wanted to know.

Seriously . . . this, again?

“I already told you this before, dui zhang, it’s different with her. I need to be slow and careful. She’s . . . really tough,” I said exasperatedly, struggling for the right words. Why didn’t he listen to me in the first time? Then we wouldn’t be having this argument all over again. I’m pretty sure in a few weeks time, he’s going to ask me about this again and I’m only just going to give him back the same answer and then the cycle repeats weeks later.

Damn, I need to break her heart fast.

“She’s stubborn and getting into her pants just like that isn’t so easy,” I told him.

But the more I thought about it, if I pressured her in a different way, like maybe use my aegyo or make her feel special, I could get in her pants. It’s actually that easy.

“I don’t give a about easiness or not, Lu Han,” he snapped hotly. “Get her drunk or something. From the way that Zico guy nearly her the other night, it looked like she gets drunk easily.”

“I’m not going to drug her, dui zhang! That is not my policy and you know that! Besides, shouldn’t she at least know what’s happening? If I drug her and she realized it afterward, would she not then hate me for it?” I asked him, trying to challenge him.

“Well, I think you found your answer of how to her and break her heart at the same time.” Well, damn.

“No,” I rejected.

“Well you have to do something,” he replied back heatedly. “I’m already tired, even though it’s fun to gloat in Suho’s face, now that Kai is distracted.”

I didn’t bother telling him that Kai totally did not want to play the Game anymore. He told me the other day when we were walking the girls to school. He said that he just want to enjoy his time on Earth with Daeseul and asked me to take my time with Eun Hae because he didn’t want to leave just yet.

“Since he’s so distracted with her best friend and since I’m already with her, why can’t we just say that I won the Game?” I asked him.

I honestly did not want to break her heart. Not yet, not until B.A.P are her brothers again, that way they can comfort her. And frankly, I wanted to stay longer to and make sure that B.A.P are friends with her again before I do anything to her.

“No way, Lu Han,” Kris scoffed, shaking his head. “I wanna see . I wanna see dirty. I want to see heartbreaks and her tears.” There was something in the tone of his voice that seemed edgy.

“I thought you said the camera is switched off when we do it,” I mumbled.

Was he lying? After all, the previous Games, whenever they were doing it, from the moment they began their s, dui zhang would always make us go to our room and not come out until they were done.

“Oh, well, we switch off at the real thing, but we watch the s,” he replied, shrugging. He smirked. “Sometimes the s you guys do to her are really erecting and . . . well, you know what I mean.”

I did, sadly.

“Oh, gross,” I muttered. That was not something I actually wanted to imagine: Kris rubbing himself to relieve his . . . ugh. “I do not want to think what you’re doing when the camera is turned off.” I looked at him. “Speaking of cameras, why are you here? Is the camera dead again or something?”

He shook his head. “No, I just came down here to check up on how things are with you two,” he replied.

I frowned. “That’s unusual of you, don’t you think so? You never came down by your own free will just to check up on someone during the Game,” I said. “You do that with the watches and the camera.”

He shrugged.

“Oh, speaking of watches, did you work Lay and the boys hard again?” I asked him. “I tried to call Lay the other day, you know, because Eun Hae was sick and I needed him to heal her, but he never picked up. Do you know why? It’s not like any of you to not answer your call because our watch is always with us.”

Was it just me or did Kris look angry when I mention Lay’s name? That’s weird, Kris was usually mad at Tao or XiuMin, but never Lay. What did Lay do to make him mad?

“I have no idea,” Kris replied but something about his eyes made me think otherwise. He was hiding something from me. He never hides anything from me. I was the closest member to him.

“Are you sure?”

He glared at me. “Are you questioning me?” Okay, he’s in the ‘Don’t-Question-Me-Or-I’ll-Turn-Into-A-Dragon’ mode. It was time to quickly retreat before it got out of hand.

I shook my head hastily. “No, no, of course not, sir,” I said politely, giving a little bow while I was at it.

He pursed his lips, amused.

But it’s so weird.

“You know, Eun Hae feels insecure that other girls had slept with you before and she still haven’t given up her ity to you just yet because normally you would already be breaking a girl’s heart by now, not still chasing after her,” Kris spoke up, nodding his head toward the Eun Hae’s bedroom door.

I scowled darkly at him. Was that what the two of them were talking about inside? “I bet you told her that,” I accused him sourly.

He shrugged, not denying that fact which meant that it was true. He did say that. Oh wow, why would he do that?! “Anything to speed the Game up.”

“Dui zhang, I thought you’re not allowed to interfere and help with the Game,” I argued back, my eyebrows pulled together. “Isn’t that against the rules?”

“The rule was that I can’t send another representative come down and do the job for you. But it’s okay for interference if it’s to make the Game end quickly.”

He so made that rule up on the spot.

I turned to him, frowning quizzically. Maybe in a way I should be thankful that he was nice enough to help me out for a little bit but I do not want to sleep with Eun Hae if she was thinking about how inferior she feels now that Kris had told her about it. He had an unreadable expression on his face as he opened a pothole. “Do not disappoint me.” He stepped inside the pothole and then he was gone within the next second.

I sighed and shrugged before I turned and head back inside Eun Hae’s room. When I entered, she looked up, looking sheepish. “What’s the matter?” I asked, coming over to her.

“We’re going to have guests over for lunch,” she said, looking really guilty. She hung her head low. “I didn’t mean to do what I did.”

I frowned, confused. “What guest?” I asked her, holding her shoulders. “What do you mean by ‘I didn’t mean to do what I did’? What did you do, my darling Eun Hae, hmmm?” I grasped her chin and lifted her head up to me, making her look into my eyes.

“I just said it just now, Lu Han,” she mumbled. “There will be people coming over later.” She looked away but I grasped her chin firmly.

“Who?” I asked.

“My parents.”

What?!

She winced. “I thought I’d give them a call to ask when I could go over to see whether they really changed or not but then my mother heard me coughing and knew I was sick even though I tried to deny it so she said she’s coming over for lunch with my dad,” she said in super-speed hoping I wouldn’t catch everything she just said.

But I did. “Didn’t you tell her you didn’t want her?”

“She didn’t give me a chance to say no,” she replied, looking exasperated and I could tell she tried really hard to reject her offer of coming. “She said she was coming over to take care of me.”

I’m taking care of you.”

“Like I said, she didn’t give me a chance to say no,” she replied, sighing. “Actually, she didn’t give me a chance to say anything at all. She just said she was coming and then she hung up after that.”

“Why did you even call them in the first place?”

“Well . . . I didn’t want to keep them waiting. And I am curious about why they suddenly want me to come back,” she replied. She gave me a feeble smile.

I sighed and hugged her. “I’m not mad at you,” I told her. “In fact, I get what you’re trying to say. And I’m going to stay here with you when they come. It’s a good thing that my work does not start until evening.”

She hugged me back. “I was hoping you’d say that,” Eun Hae told me. She coughed and sniffled. “I did not want to face them alone.” She rested her head on my shoulder, closing her eyes, and sighed.

She was tired.

“Even if my work starts early today,” I said to her, “I would still stay with you when they come.” I kissed her forehead lightly. “Go to sleep. You’ll need plenty of rest for later. Don’t worry about it, mmm? I’ll be here.” I shifted my position until she was sitting on me in a cowgirl position. She leaned her head on my chest and I wrapped my arms tightly around her, tucking her head under my chin.

“I love you,” were the last thing she murmured before she fell asleep.

 

Ding dong!

Eun Hae was still asleep when twelve came about so I gently laid her down on the bed, tucking her in bed, before I went to answer the door. I forced a smile when I opened the door to see her parents standing in front of the house.

“Annyeong,” I said politely, stepping aside to let them come in.

They nodded as they came in, slipping their shoes off.

Eun Hae’s mother looked around the place for any signs of her daughter. “Where’s Eun Hae?” she asked. She held up a flask. “I made porridge for her.”

I bit back my tongue. I was going to make porridge for her as the three of them talked. I sighed and pointed to the bedroom. “She’s sleeping in there.”

“Lu Han?”

“She’s awake,” Mrs. Jung said gleefully before she hurried inside the room to see and talk to her daughter, leaving her husband with me.

I looked at her husband, eyeing him. “Would you like something to drink?” I asked him just to be polite. I was hoping he would say no.

“Ah, plain water would do, thank you,” he replied, scanning around the apartment as if he was inspecting the kind of place his daughter was living.

It was a good thing that Eun Hae had cleaned it up a few days before she got sick so it was still pretty in good shape and everything was neat and tidy. And that everything wasn’t new, but it wasn’t too shabby enough to say that we’ve been living poorly. I got a glass of water for him and handed it over to him as he sat down on the couch. I sat down across of him, just to be nice to him, not for his sake, but for his daughter.

He looked at me sternly and I knew he was going to give me the ‘talk’ every father has with their daughter’s boyfriend. “Do you live here with her?” he wanted to know. “What sort of work are you doing? Are you even working? Did you go to college? What did you major in? Which university did you go to? Graduate? Age? Status?”

Wow, he sure bombed me with a lot of questions.

“Yes, I do live here with her,” I replied and he scowled. “Don’t worry, she’s still a . I would not want to rush her into anything. And I work at the same café she worked in because it gives quite a good salary, and I get to be with her.” He snorted. “I went to Harvard University and graduated with honors as engineering as my major.”

Okay, that part was made up but I can always get Kris to forge a certificate for me. Plus, if he decided to shoot me some questions about engineering, I do know quite a lot of information about it.

He looked impressed.

“I’m twenty-two years old,” I went on and he raised an eyebrow. “And I’m sorry, but I don’t get the status part,” I told him as politely as I could.

“Have you slept with girls before?” he wanted to know.

Oh.

That status.

I nodded. “Yes, I’ve slept with girls before Eun Hae,” I told him. “I will admit that I was sort of a player before I met Eun Hae. But, sir, I really and truly care about her. She’s different from all the other girls.”

“If you were standing in front of Eun Hae and Emma Watson, who would you go for?” he asked me.

“Definitely Eun Hae,” I replied without any hesitation.

But seriously? He asked me this question?

“I don’t like the fact that you guys are living together, that you’re twenty-two and she’s only eighteen and that you were even a player before meeting my daughter and had slept with girls before,” he told me. “But I’m very pleased to hear that you were honest with me about those questions.”

“Did I pass your test?” I asked sarcastically.

Unfortunately, I don’t think he even noticed my sarcasm because he nodded happily. “Yes, you passed the test,” he replied.

I wonder what Eun Hae and her mother are talking about.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hmm, what are the girls talking about? :D

And technically...Lu Han wasn't lying when he said no, because he still haven't figured out his feelings for Eun Hae just yet. :P heeee.