What Really Happened

The Heartbreaker's Game 2: What is Love?

Youngjae’s POV

I looked at Krystal and I stared properly at her. I shook my head and walked over to her. “You’re Eun Hae,” I told her. “You’re my little sister.”

“Youngjae,” Daehyun said quietly as ‘Krystal’ hid behind him. All eyes turned to him and he sighed, knowing there was no point to hide it anymore. “You’re right. Krystal is Eun Hae.”

“What’s going on?” Yongguk demanded to know. “We thought Eun Hae was dead!”

Eun Hae . . . is alive?

Eun Hae flinched and Daehyun wrapped his arms around her and pulled her to his side. “You guys might want to sit down. It’s kind of a long story.”

 

Two years ago, on the night Eun Hae died . . .

Daehyun’s POV

Beeeeeeep.

I looked at the life monitor and saw my sister’s limp body. No. my eyes wandered to Lay who was shocked as well. I looked at him. “My sister!” I wailed. “She’s dead!” I threw myself on my sister and began to cry. “Eun Hae!” No, no . . . she can’t be dead.

No! Eun Hae!

Why did you leave me?! WAEYO?!

“No, this will not do,” Lay murmured to himself and his hands fumbled with his watch. “No, she’s not going to die. I won’t let her die like that.”

“She’s already dead,” I snapped.

“Tao,” he said into his watch and I stopped to listen. Lay sounded desperately, his voice choking a little. “Tao, I need you here now. . . . I know you’re with your family, but it’s really important . . . please.” He let his hand dropped to his side and turned to face me. He took a deep breath. “She will live. I can cure her, if I am given enough time.”

“What the hell is going on?” I hissed. “My sister is already dead! What are you going to do about it? Revive her from the dead?”

His expression was solemn and grave when he replied, “I only wish that I was that advanced with my powers.” He’s got to be kidding.

Just then a panda-eyed guy appeared in front of us. He took one look at Eun Hae and his face crumbled with hurt. “What happened?” he asked.

“Tao,” Lay said urgently, “I need your powers. I need you to rewind time.” He checked his watch. “Go back to three minutes ago. Let Daehyun and I be unaffected. Hurry.”

Tao nodded and soon I saw everything moving backwards until I heard the familiar beep, beep, beep.

I turned and saw my sister was still breathing. She was coughing and I frowned. What the hell? I checked the time and saw that there was only a minute to midnight.

Wait a minute.

I looked at Tao. “You can control time?”

He nodded, keeping his eyes on Eun Hae. “Yes,” he replied softly. He looked at Lay. “Gege, hurry, you don’t have much time left.”

Lay quickly laid his hands on Eun Hae and concentrated. I looked at the time. He had ten seconds left. Lay opened his eyes and turned frantically to Tao. “I need more time! Freeze time or something! Quick!”

Tao closed his eyes and soon I saw everyone around me freezing in time — except for the four of us, that is.

Okay, this was really weirding me out.

“Lay needs time for Eun Hae to heal from her cancer,” Tao explained while Lay continued working on Eun Hae. “So I stopped time, leaving everyone to stop what they’re doing, leaving the four of us unaffected, that way Lay can heal Eun Hae while time stopped moving.”

I mutely nodded.

Finally Lay removed his hands from her head and turned to me. He looked drained but he was smiling. “Her cancer’s gone,” he said. He looked at her. Then he turned back to Tao and nodded.

Tao resumed time.

I checked on my little sister, who was breathing normally now. She was fine and her heart beat was normal. Well, that was a relief.

Beep . . . beep . . . beep . . .

“Wait,” I said, an idea forming in my mind. I turned to Tao. “Could you freeze time for a little while, please? I need to ask you guys something without the doctors coming over and finding out she’s cured.”

Tao froze the time again and Lay asked, “What’s up?”

“What’s going to happen to her now?” I asked the two of them.

They exchanged glances before Lay turned back to me and said, “Well, because she’s a demi-alien, right now her body is changing. She’s going to change into an alien. She’s okay now, but her body is fighting. The transformation should last at least two days. But from the look on her face, I say she’ll be able to make it.”

“What do you mean?”

“It’s painful for a demi-alien to allow the alien blood in her to mix with the human blood,” Tao said quietly. “Sometimes they die from it. But Eun Hae’s blood is strong, Lay can sense it.” Lay nodded. “And she’s done fighting the crucial part, but right now she has to wait.”

“She has to wait for the blood to seep in,” Lay took over explaining. “And that means she’ll be unconscious for about two days. When she wakes up, she’ll have to go for training so that she would be able to learn how to control her powers better and maybe even expand it to other kind of powers relating to it.”

Tao nodded.

My mind was whirring. I had so many things I wanted to ask them, so many things that I wanted to do. I looked at my sister. Was it worth it? I stared at her for awhile before I nodded to myself.

Yes, she is worth it.

I looked at Tao. “Can you . . . possibly freeze time over a person’s life? Like stop them from living for a period of time to make it looks as if they’re dead?”

Tao frowned; he was confused that he was being asked this question. “Why do you want to do that?” he wanted to know.

Can you?” I asked impatiently.

He nodded proudly. “I’ve mastered that power a few years back,” he told me, eyeing Eun Hae. “But I haven’t had anyone to practice it on. Not really.”

I hesitated. That sounded a little risky, since he had not practiced it on anyone. “Would it work if I ask you to use that power on Eun Hae?” I asked him.

“Oh, sure.” He shrugged. “I’ve been practicing on some of the Minions back in Exo.”

“Poor Minions, I do pity them,” Lay muttered. But then he looked at me. “Why do you want to do that to Eun Hae?” he wanted to know.

I glanced at my sister and smiled softly. “I know my sister, and what she is like,” I replied. I looked at them. “When my sister wakes up, she’s going to be confused, but she’s also going to know what happened and remember what happened too. And she’s going to be really upset and everything. She needs to get away.”

“From?” Tao wanted to know.

I hesitated again but I guess I could trust them. I had to trust them. “From everyone,” I replied. “She needs time to take this whole thing in.”

“But where would she go?” Lay inquired, raising an eyebrow. I knew he was wondering if my plan was a stupid one or a smart one. Frankly, I’m not so sure myself.

But I just shrugged to act casual. “Well, I was thinking a couple of days ago to take a holiday and go travel around,” I explained. “I think maybe now would be a good time to do so. I’ll take her with me. While she’s unconscious for two days, let everyone think that she’s dead and since her body is frozen in time, I bet it’ll look pretty convincing too. Then when she’s awake, I’ll drive the both of us away so no one will know.”

“She needs to train,” Lay insisted.

I smiled grimly at them, tilting my head over to one side. “Obviously I’m going to need the two of you to help me with that,” I replied.

They exchanged glances and I knew that they were worrying about the fact that everyone would be mad and upset if they find out that Eun Hae was alive the whole time, and they will especially be mad when they find out that the two of them actually knew about this right from the very beginning. Exo-K would be hurt that they were kept in the dark; Exo-M would feel betrayed that they kept this secret from them; Lu Han will go mad if he heard that Eun Hae was alive, and Kris would probably skewer them.

Kris skewering them actually sounded a lot scarier than facing the other three, even if it was eleven against one.

“Please,” I pleaded and the two of them looked at me.

They hesitated.

“Actually,” I spoke up, a thought forming in my mind, “it’d be better if Kris was in on this too, that way he could help with her progress.”

They breathed a sigh of relief and soon the door was opened, and Kris stepped inside, looking obvious displeased. He glowered at Tao. “Huang Zi Tao, what the hell?” he exploded and Tao flinched from the tone of his voice; there was no mistaking he was angry. “I thought you were supposed to be at your family’s house? Why are you here? And why did you freeze time?” He looked around. “Someone better tell me what is going on before I unleash my —” He would have gone on if not for the fact that he suddenly realized that Eun Hae was fine. “What happened to her?” he croaked. He walked over to her bedside.

Lay looked proud of himself. “Dui zhang, she’s healed. All of her cancer cells are under control now. There isn’t any chance of her going into relapse.”

Kris stared at her incredulously before he turned to Lay and broke into a grin. Then he did a little jump, pumping his fist in the air. “I knew you could do it.”

“But Daehyun wants me to freeze time on her life to make it seem as though she’s dead to everyone,” Tao went on, nodding toward me.

Kris’ smile faded. “Why?”

I told Kris about my plan and he nodded, listening attentively to my plan. When I was done, he hesitated. “What makes you think she would be happy to see me?”

“Like I said, I know my sister. Lu Han hurt her more so she wouldn’t want to see him any time soon. And the reason why I want everyone to believe that she was dead is because we’re going to need to create a funeral for her and it’s not going to convince Lu Han she’s dead if everyone have to fake it.”

“Gege’s pretty sharp, too, so he might catch on,” Lay added.

Kris stared at his daughter. I actually found that quite weird. That would mean I was related to him in some way . . . of course I was fully human and I would not get to change into an alien. That’d be cool, though.

“Okay,” Kris said after a few minutes. “Let’s do this.”

Tao concentrated and soon Eun Hae froze in time — except Tao did it so convincingly that she really did look like she was dead. Kris hurried back outside to where he was and Tao unfroze time. Her life monitor was straight and soon the doctors rushed to our side when they heard the long beep.

“She’s dead,” the doctor said gravely. He shook his head. “I’m sorry.”

I nodded at Lay and he went outside. I could hear him telling them that she was dead and soon she was being strolled out, with me following behind. I cringed when I saw the state: everyone was crying so badly, especially my mom — but Lu Han was the one who was hit by her ‘death’ the hardest.

I actually felt really bad for lying that it made me cry a bit, thus making it looked like I was upset that my sister was dead and B.A.P all came to hug me. I sighed, trying to tell myself that this was a good idea; it was my plan, after all.

When we got home, I announced that I was going away. They were shocked but respected my decision so I quickly packed all my stuff. The funeral happened and the casket was closed so no one would see that there was actually no body. Kris had rented a hotel room to put her body because leaving it in her apartment was risky.

When she woke up, I told her we were going away. She nodded, agreeing to my plan. So we left Seoul and headed out far away from home. Lay, Tao and Kris would occasionally drop by wherever we were living to help Eun Hae, who got stronger and better at controlling her charm-speak (which was annoying because sometimes she would use that to her advantage).

Eun Hae changed her name to Krystal (Kris made a fake ID for her) and she changed her hairstyle. She actually looked really cute, to be honest, but then again she would look cute no matter what.

Two years had passed and yesterday before her twentieth birthday (although she still looked like her eighteen-year-old self, she said she wanted to come back. She wanted to see B.A.P. She said she missed them a lot. I was reluctant at first but then I agreed. I’m guessing she used her powers on me.

That girl. Tsk

 

“. . . and now, here Eun Hae is,” I told them after telling them the truth about Eun Hae being alive and they just blinked at me. “She’s alive.”

Everyone got up all at once and Eun Hae ran into their arms. I smiled, taking a step back to watch this reunion. They were laughing and crying, relieved to see that she was alive and that she wasn’t dead.

But the main thing is that we’re back together.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She's alive! Well, I didn't lie when I said she died. She really did die. (: haha!