The Brother and The Lover

The Heartbreaker's Game 2: What is Love?

Kris’ POV

Sighing, I turned the television off and turned around to go back to my room when I suddenly gasped. “Eun Hae?” I said, stunned. “What are you doing here?”

Eun Hae was standing in front of me, smiling. “Annyeong, Oppa,” she said. She came over to me and wrapped her arms around my neck, pulling me close. “How are you? Do you miss me like I missed you?”

“Wh – What?” I spluttered. This was so weird. Wasn’t Eun Hae down in Earth with Lu Han and her mother a second ago? Why is she here now?

“Oppa,” she pouted cutely, tilting her head to her side. “Why you do you keep watching me? Are you stalking me now? Why do you do that?”

“I — I —” I blushed, wondering what I should do, what I should say. My face grew how. Could she possibly have found out my secret? Could she have had guessed my feelings for her?

Eun Hae chuckled and soon she became a blur.

I growled when Suho stood in her place, smirking at me. “ you, Kim Joon Myeon,” I snarled as I leaped toward that jackass.

I had completely forgotten that his second power was shape-shifting; being able to turn into anyone he wanted to be as long as the image is clear in his mind.

Suho laughed, clutching his stomach. “Well, that was a fun thing to do,” he said. He shook his head in amusement. “Admit it, you have feelings for that Jung Eun Hae.”

“I do not,” I replied defensively.

He raised an eyebrow, clearly not believing me. “So why did you wanted Tao to rewind time to change girls for Lu Han? Why do you constantly check up on her? Why is she the only one who can calm you down whenever you’re mad? What’s so special about her, Yi Fan?” Suho wanted to know. “What exactly is it about her that drew you to her? Is it because she reminds you of —”

“I told you not to say her name,” I snapped.

He just shrugged. “Whatever. Anyway, why did you beat Zico up for her? Why did you go and comfort her? Why did you rescue her mother, huh?”

“How did you know about that?” I wanted to know.

“Oh, that? It was an easy task to do. I asked a few Minions to spy on you, promising them gold and they were so stupid to have believed me,” he replied shamelessly, shrugging nonchalantly.

I glowered at him. “What I do is none of your business. I don’t know why you concern yourself with me since you hate me so much. Or is it that you secretly care about me, hmm?” I asked him back.

He rolled his eyes and folded his arms across his chest, snorting disbelieving. “I’m not concerned about you, you self-conceited person. I’m concerned about the Game, and you seem to be ruining it.”

Me?

He nodded. But then he frowned, raising an eyebrow at me. “Could the reason why you seem to be attach to the girl is because . . .”

Please, don’t say the reason aloud.

Don’t even guess it.

“That you’re possibly in love with her?”

Oh, .

Why did he have to guess that?

 

Eun Hae’s POV

Lu Han and I cuddled up in bed together the whole morning after my mother left us, watching movies, when suddenly we heard the doorbell around three in the afternoon. We exchanged glances before Lu Han reluctantly removed his arms from around me and went to answer it.

Did my mother come back?

I heard footsteps approaching the door, followed by voices. My curiosity grew as Lu Han pushed the door opened, coming in with Youngjae next to him — and Daehyun behind the two of them.

Youngjae smiled at me. “Annyeong, dongsaeng ah,” he greeted cheerfully.

I gaped at Daehyun.

“Er, Youngjae, do you want something to drink?” Lu Han asked, turning to Youngjae while gesturing toward the kitchen with his thumbs.

Youngjae got the message and quickly nodded. “Uh, yeah, sure, I’ll be right with you in a moment.” He came over to me and gave me a quick peck on the cheeks before he followed Lu Han out of the room, closing the door behind us so that Daehyun and I could talk to each other in private.

He stood by the door, wondering what he should do. He looked a bit awkward just standing there like an idiot that it sort of made me smile.

“Come on in, Oppa,” I said to him softly, patting to an empty space next to me as I switched my laptop off and put it on the side.

Daehyun came over after a second of thinking and gingerly sat down on the edge of my bed. “Your boyfriend told us what happened,” he started. “You know . . . about . . . everything.” He didn’t want to say it out loud for my sake. He hesitantly placed a hand on my knee, as if he was scared I might yell at him not to touch me. I looked at his hand and looked back, blinking. He was staring intently at me, watching for my reaction. He looked as if he was struggling to say something. Well, I had something to say to him too.

“Eun Hae, I —”

“Daehyun Oppa —”

We looked at each other.

“You first,” he said.

“I missed you, oppa,” I confessed, not wanting to push him away anymore. I really missed him and I wanted him back. “I missed you a lot. I missed B.A.P.” I looked down. “But you were the one I missed the most.”

“Even more than Youngjae?”

“Even more,” I admitted.

He seemed pleased to hear that. He smiled at me. “I’ve missed you too, dongsaengie,” he said, calling me the nickname he’d given me a long time ago and it literally made my heart leap for him to call me that again. He put his arms around me and I leaned on his chest. He sighed. “I’m so sorry. I was stupid. I didn’t mean to cause you any pain, I didn’t mean to be an and leave you like that.”

“I forgive you,” I replied. I really did. I took a deep breath. “It took some time, and I thought I was never going to be able to forgive you. But, I don’t know. You guys were persistent.” That made me chuckle lightly. “It made me realize that you guys were sincerely sorry. But, I want to know, why now?”

He shrugged, rubbing the back of his neck with his free hand. “I honestly don’t know,” he admitted as he cast his eyes down to the floor, looking away from me. But then he turned back to me. “I guess maybe we were just tired of sitting on the edge, waiting for you to come back to us first?”

“Pride,” I clucked my tongue.

He pinched my nose. “Don’t talk, you had your pride too,” he said lightly.

“It wasn’t that!” I protested.

He shrugged. “Whatever you say.” He looked at me and gave me that gorgeous smile. “Will you ever forgive your oppa for hurting you?”

I nodded. “Of course I do, Oppa,” I replied. “I forgive you. I forgive you and everyone else.” I smiled, glad that I forgave my big brothers and Zelo.

He smiled, relieved, and he leaned over to kiss my nose. “I’m so happy to hear that, Eun Hae ah,” he whispered. He closed his eyes and pressed his lips to my forehead. “God, Eun Hae, I’ve missed being this close to you. Do you know exactly how much I love you? I love you more than I thought I did. Do you know who you are to me?” he went on, looking serious.

Just then the door flew opened, interrupting our conversation, and Youngjae and Lu Han came inside the room and the moment was gone.

“Okay, you guys had your fun and moment and I’m sure you guys are friends again, so scoot over, hyung, it’s my turn to be with my little sister,” Youngjae announced, coming in to sit next to me, pushing Daehyun away.

Daehyun frowned, irritated that he was irritated. “Yah, I was about to —” he started to say when Lu Han snapped his fingers.

“Oh, right, I’ve been meaning to tell you this,” he said to me.

“What?” I asked him.

“Remember the time when I asked you about your brother?”

From the corner of my eyes, the two boys stiffened. Why did both Youngjae and Daehyun freeze like the two of them knew what Lu Han was going to say next?

“What about it?” I asked.

“Yes, he’s alive,” he went on.

My eyes went wide and Youngjae and Daehyun gasped.

“Who is it?” I asked, wanting to know. My brother is alive? Really? All this time and I never knew? But how? Why? Why did my parents lie?

Lu Han looked at Youngjae. “Him.”

I looked at Youngjae, my eyes wide. “B – Bwoh? You’re my brother?” Youngjae is my real, biological brother? That can’t be it. My brother’s name was —

“I am?” he asked incredulously. “Wouldn’t I have known about it if I had a biological sister?”

Lu Han shrugged. “That’s what —”

“N – No, I am!” Daehyun protested and we all turned to him. “I have proof that she’s my sister and that I’m her brother!”

A pause.

“Oppa?” I said, stunned.

Daehyun pulled out a document and handed it over to me. It was his birth certificate. I read the name of his parents, Jung Yong Hyun and Oh Min Ah. That was the names of my parents. I looked down and recognized their signatures. This document was real, all right.

I looked at my brother — my real and biological brother. He’s alive.

My brother is alive.

That stupid dragon lied to me,” Lu Han muttered darkly under his breath.

Daehyun looked at me and smiled gently at me. “That’s what I was trying to tell you earlier,” he said softly. “That I was your brother.”

“Wait, hang on, I’m confused,” Youngjae spoke up and we looked at him. He was looking back and forth between Daehyun and I. “Why didn’t you guys recognized each other when you guys first bumped into each other on the streets? I mean, you guys lived with each other for years and you didn’t know it all this time?”

“I couldn’t recognize you,” I told my brother. “I mean, you’ve changed so much in looks and personality that I didn’t suspect you were my brother. Besides, I thought you were dead.”

“I had my suspicions,” Daehyun admitted and Youngjae groaned, “but I had no proof about it whatsoever until recently when I saw them at the hospital. I recognized them. I went home to check my birth certificate and I gasped, realizing who you were all along.”

“What happened to you?” I whispered, unable to breathe properly. “Umma and Appa told me that you died, because of the same condition I had.”

“I was sick when I was a child, yes, but I don’t have the same condition you have,” he replied. He sighed heavily. “I ran away from home.”

Why?” I paused. “Okay, I can understand why you ran away from home, but why didn’t you take me along with you? Why didn’t you say goodbye to me at first so I would know you were alive instead of believing my parents when they told me you died? Why did they even tell me that, anyway?”

“Eun Hae ah, you know what it’s like, living with them as parents,” he said softly. He looked around the room and it was then I was fully aware that Youngjae and Lu Han had left the both of us alone again.

“Our parents were abusive. Umma was abusive verbally, and Appa was abusive physically to me. I was eight, but even then I had enough. I had to get away. I didn’t want to let you know because I couldn’t bear to see you cry, knowing that you would if I had told you that I was leaving you and the family.”

“I cried, Oppa, because I missed you,” I told him, fighting back tears. “You promised me that you’d always protect me from our parents but you never did! Instead you left me! And then you left me again! Oppa!”

He hugged me tightly but I just pushed him away. “I’m so sorry, Eun Hae. If only I knew what they did to you after I left, I would have taken you away with me.”

I hit myself mentally. Why didn’t I suspect he was my brother when I first met him and B.A.P? I could remember that day so clearly.

“Oppa, you lied,” I said accusingly.

 

After school, when I was fourteen, I was on my way back home to Changjo and Aunty Yu Jun’s house when suddenly I bumped into this sullen-looking boy who was walking down the streets with his five other friends. I blinked, surprised.

“Oh! I am so sorry! I didn’t mean to bump into you,” I apologized and bowed.

He blinked, taking a few steps backward, surprised to see me. “Oh, that’s okay,” he replied. He looked at me and frowned, titling his head.

“Wah, yeppeoyah!”one of his friends commented when he saw me. I blushed (he was very good-looking too) as he stuck his hands out. “Bang Yongguk imnida.”

“Himchan,” one drawled lazily while one smiled and said, “Youngjae.”

“Choi Junhong but you can call me Zelo!” the youngest piped up. He pointed to the guy I had bumped into. “This is Daehyun hyung!”

My brother’s name was Daehyun as well. . . . I looked at him. He doesn’t look like my brother. My brother was dead, anyway. He’s been dead since I was six. That was a long time ago. I bowed politely. “I’m Jung Eun Hae,” I introduced.

“Whoaaa, Daehyun is a Jung as well! Hey, maybe you guys are brothers and sisters!” Zelo said a little too loud. He then laughed so child-like, it was cute.

I shook my head, smiling sadly. “That’s impossible, my brother has been dead for a long time,” I replied, staring wistfully up into the sky.

There was this awkward silence.

“I’m sorry to hear about that,” Yongguk said. He looked like he was in charge of the group. He didn’t look that bad-looking either.

In fact . . .

Omo! I gasped. “You guys are the kingkas in my school!” I said, recognizing their uniforms. “B.A.P. I heard you guys live together. What happened to your parents?”

Zelo shrugged. “Ah, mine keep going overseas so Yongguk hyung took care of me. Himchan and Yongguk hyung are old enough to live by themselves so their parents thought it would be good to let them live in their own independently. Youngjae hyung ran away from his home. His dad is a hitter.”

I smiled sympathetically at Youngjae, knowing how he felt. I looked at Daehyun.

“Dead,” he said flatly.

Another awkward silence.

Youngjae eyed my uniform. “I’ve seen you around in school before but I never got to know your name.” He smiled brightly. “But now I do!”

I looked at Daehyun who had kept quiet pretty much during the whole time. I smiled shyly at him. “I didn’t mean to bump into you just now,” I said, not believing that I had bumped into the kingkas of my school.

He relaxed into a smile. “I had a sister named Eun Hae, but that was a long time ago.” He had a wistful look on his face.

“What happened to her?”

“I don’t know.” He looked at me. “Who do you live with?”

“My aunty and my cousin, Changjo,” I replied. I didn’t want to tell them about my family. I looked at the time. “Omo! I should get going! I’ve got to go to work now!” I gave them another bow and smiled. “It was nice to meet you. I hope that we can meet each other soon again one day! Annyeong!” With that, I sprinted off.

 

He winced. “I didn’t like to talk about them because of . . . well, you know.” He looked at me. “I was so stupid. I should’ve recognized you when I first met you. But I didn’t know it was you because Umma never introduced Changjo and his mom — our aunty — to me.”

“Oh, that was because they moved to Seoul a few years after you left,” I replied. I looked at him, not believing the fact that my brother was alive. I threw my arms around him. “Oppa, don’t ever leave me again.”

He hugged me and kissed my forehead. “Now that I’ve found my little sister, I’m never going to let you go.”

 

Lu Han’s POV

That Kris is going to answer to me.

He ing told me that Youngjae was her brother when he knew it was Daehyun all this while!

Making sure that Youngjae wasn’t looking in my direction, I summoned a pothole and went back to Exo. I was so mad as I stormed back to the dorm. I opened the door and was about to yell at Kris when I froze as I found Kris bent over in the living room with his head low.

“Dui zhang?”

He looked up and I was a bit scared when I saw that he looked so . . . in despair. “Lu Han . . . I care about Eun Hae, a lot,” he whispered as I came over to her. “Please, as soon as you break her heart, give her to me.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Weee, Daehyun and Eun Hae are reunited. Hee, who had their suspicions? :PP

*gasps* Kris! You want Lu Han to give Eun Hae to you?