Dui Zhang's Confessions and Plans

The Heartbreaker's Game 2: What is Love?

Lu Han’s POV

There was silence in the room as I took in what Kris told me, what he requested of me, and I was sort of slow to understanding it but once it did, I was speechless. Did I really hear what I thought he just said?

 “You want me to give Eun Hae to you after I break her heart?” I repeated his words, crinkling up my nose in confusion. He wants me to do what?

He nodded, looking intently at me. “Yes. I want you to give Eun Hae to me to let me take care of her after you break her heart.”

Why?” I asked, baffled. I could not understand this. “What is it about her that made you care so much? Why do you want to be with — oh !”

“Please, as soon as you break her heart, give her to me.”

He wants Eun Hae, not to play with from the look on his face, but it seemed as though he really does care a lot for her. Almost as if he’s in . . .

It can’t be.

“You’re — you’re in — in love — with Eun Hae?” I spluttered.

Kris’ face turned crimson red and he quickly looked down, scuffling his feet nervously like he always did whenever he felt uncomfortable and if he was sitting down. “Well . . .” He shrugged awkwardly.

I blinked. “Dui zhang, you really —”

“Am I not allowed to love as well?” my leader wanted to know. “Am I incapable of loving someone?”

“Well,” I flustered, “it’s just that . . . well . . . you were always so cold, so aloof and distant, and, well, scary.” I looked at him, wondering if he’d get mad at me for saying such things about him.

Instead he just looked blankly at me. “Go on.”

I gulped. “And, uh, well, you know . . .” I struggled to find the right words.

“No, I don’t.”

I scowled. “I just never saw you as the type of person to love, that’s all,” I went on hastily and immediately cringed when he picked up one of the many pillows up into his hands from the couch.

Instead he laid it on his lap. “How do you think the Game started?” he asked. “Why do you think I started this Game with Suho?”

“Huh?”

He sighed. “Yeah, I confused myself too.”

I frowned. What is he trying to say?

“Look, I’ve loved before,” he said softly.

“And then Suho messed it up and that’s how you guys started the Game?” I presumed, rolling my eyes. It was a pretty pathetic excuse to start a Game — all over a girl. Seriously, how old were they?

“Not exactly.”

“Then?” I wondered.

“Oh, I showed Suho’s girlfriend what a player he was,” he replied.

I blinked. “Suho was the whaat?”

Suho? The player? Really?

He scowled, obviously missed at the judgment. “Hey, just because I look like a player doesn’t mean I am and just because he looked innocent doesn’t mean he is. Looks are deceiving. Look at you, for instance. You’re bloody and erted yet you look as if you don’t even know what the word is.”

I frowned. “That’s not very nice.”

“But it’s true.”

I shrugged. Yeah, it was, actually. I looked at him. “So you were the nice guy and he was the player? Wow. But . . . why did you show his girlfriend that he was a player? Why couldn’t you have just left them alone . . . unless you had feelings for his girlfriend and was jealous that he was with her?”

He shook his head casually. “Nope. Actually, that was because I hated him and I always liked ing up his life,” he replied with a grin.

I sighed.

So childish.

“So, then I had a girlfriend and . . .” he grimaced as if he was remembering a bad memory. “Well, you know Suho’s second power is shape-shifting right?”

“He pretended to be you and dumped the girl flat,” I guessed.

“For once, you got it correct.”

I rolled my eyes. “And that was how it started? Breaking as many girls to prove that you are just as capable as he to break girls’ hearts?”

“Not just as capable, but better,” Kris corrected.

I snorted.”You guys are really stupid.”

He sighed. “True.”

“But that still doesn’t explain why you like Eun Hae and how you seemed like a person to be able to love,” I replied. I smiled dryly at him. “Nice try, changing the subjects. I almost fell for it — almost.”

His face fell when he realized that I hadn’t fallen for his plan. “Damn that sharp guy and his senses,” he cursed darkly under his breath.

I tapped my foot impatiently. “I’m waiting.”

“Look . . . she just . . . reminded me of someone I know, that’s all,” he replied softly and I could tell his answer was genuine this time. “I guess maybe that’s why I love Eun Hae. I mean, I know it sounds bad to love someone because she reminded you of someone you used to love, but I can assure you I put that reason aside and soon I found out that although they may have looked alike, I realized that Eun Hae was actually better than that girl I once was in love with. So . . . yeah . . .”

“What happened to that girl?”

“Suho.”

It took me two seconds for that to sink in. “Wait, you mean that was the girl whom Suho pretended to be you?” I asked dui zhang.

He nodded.

“Wow . . . you guys are stupid,” I said for the I-have-no-idea-how-many times that day. “I can’t believe you guys let this get the better of you!”

He shrugged. “It’s almost her birthday,” he said, trying to distract me. but I also knew that he didn’t want to talk about it anymore. “How close are you to her?”

I winced. “The thing is . . . she still attacks me whenever I hold her too tight. So, if I sleep with her, I’m scared she might not enjoy it.”

“As long as you give her to me after you break her heart, just hurry up,” Kris replied impatiently with a deep frown on his face.

“What if I say I don’t want to give her to you?” I shot back stubbornly. I felt this burning feeling in my chest at the thought of Eun Hae smiling because of Kris. “What if I say that I tell her I’m leaving, coming back to Exo and have no idea if I’ll ever see her again? That’ll break her heart, right?”

He reluctantly nodded.

“After all, the Game didn’t specify exactly how to break her heart. They didn’t say I have to dump her brutally by saying I didn’t like her or played with her or anything. They just said that I have to break her heart.”

“Get to the point,” he snapped.

“Well, my point is that, if I tell her that I’m leaving Earth due to come reasons, I’ll come back and wait for about two hours until the system had registered that I have won before I go back down to Eun Hae and stay with her, telling that there were changes of plan?”

“Do you love her?” he asked.

I blushed. “No!”

“Then why would you want to go back to her after winning the Game if you never loved her the way she loved you?” he argued back.

Good point. But I don’t want you to go to her. I don’t want her to go to you.

“What’s the point in going back to her if you never cared about her, if you say that you don’t love her . . . unless you do?” he went on.

Shut up.

“I — no, I’m just saying, that’s all,” I said a little too lamely. Why was I saying all this stuff? Why do I not want her to be with Kris if I don’t care, don’t love her in that way? Yeah, I do care for her but I’m not in love with her like I told her I was . . . so why?

He smirked.

It was my turn to change the subject. “Is that why you’ve been hanging out with her a lot? Why you kept appearing to check up on her?” I asked, taunting him and his face went really red. “It was because you were in love with her? Is that why she was the only one who was able to calm you down whenever you were in your dragon mode? Why you actually smile whenever you’re around her?”

“Eun Hae means a lot to me, okay,” he confessed. His eyes flickered to the screen. “You should go. She’s looking for you,” he murmured, looking a bit disappointed that it wasn’t him she was looking for.

For some strange reason I was actually relieved and a lot happier to remember that she was in love with me and not with Kris. I couldn’t stand the idea that he’d actually fallen in love — and it’s with Eun Hae, too, of all people to fall in love with!

This was crazy, absurd and too much for me to handle in one day.

This was so not like Kris.

I turned to leave but then I remembered the real reason why I came to see him in the first place and turned back to him. “You lied.”

He looked up blankly. “Excuse me?”

“Why did you tell me that Youngjae was her brother when Daehyun was her brother all along?” I asked him, putting my hands on my hips.

He shrugged nonchalantly, sitting back in his seat. “I told you, you’re not supposed to know much about her — only to be there to sleep with her and break her heart. I thought it was information that you wouldn’t need nor care about, since you say you don’t love her.”

I frowned but shrugged and turned. Whatever, I don’t care about him anymore. As long as Eun Hae found her brother. I turned back to go to the Hall to the pothole where I would go back to her.

Once I entered the living room and the pothole disappeared behind me, I frowned. The place was too quiet. I walked inside the room, and froze by the doorway at the sight before my very eyes.

Eun Hae was asleep, sandwiched between Youngjae and Daehyun.

Daehyun was sleeping on his left side, facing Eun Hae, who was facing him. He had his arms around her waist and I could see her head buried under his chest, her arms around his neck. Youngjae was facing her back, his arms around her shoulder, his head pressed against her back. Their feet were tangled together and they all looked really comfortable.

I’ll admit I was jealous.

And mad.

I was mad because I knew that Kris deliberately did this to me. He had told me that she was looking for me even though she wasn’t.

And I was jealous because there was no way the boys could have snuggled up so closely to her without getting hit, which meant they didn’t. And I was also jealous that they could sleep so comfortably with her whereas I sometimes I had to sleep on the floor in fear that she might get scared of me. I shook my head and heard someone approaching the front door. I went to answer it before they could ring the doorbell.

“Hi, Daeseul,” I greeted her best friend.

She frowned, peering through behind me. “How’s Eun Hae? I would have killed Zico for what he did to her if he weren’t so badly injured.” She looked mad.

I laughed. “She’s asleep.”

“Should I come back another day?”

I nodded. “Come back this evening.”

“All right.” She nodded and smiled at me. “I can tell you really care about her. that’s good. You have that look in your eyes when you think about her, the way I get whenever I think about Kai.” She smiled and waved and walked away but I only stared after her.

How do I look like whenever I think about Eun Hae?

 

Kris’ POV

As soon as Lu Han left, I shook my head. Then I stood up and grabbed my coat. I had to go visit someone. I walked to the Hall, wondering what I was going to do with the person, before I stepped inside the pothole and was transported to my destination. When I stepped out of the pothole, I had stepped inside an office. I immediately turned myself invisible but realized that the office was empty.

I stood there for a second before I heard distinct footsteps coming toward so I stepped to a corner as the door opened and Mr. Jung came inside. He closed the door behind him.

I turned myself visible again. “Hello.”

Startled, he turned around and his eyes went wide. “Who are you and how did you get in?” he asked, looking at me suspiciously. “I don’t remember my secretary ever telling me that I had a meeting with a client, let alone a visitor when I saw her outside.”

“Oh, that’s because I’m an unexpected visitor,” I replied pleasantly and he scowled.

“Clearly. Who are you?” He walked over to his chair and sat down. He eyed me suspiciously before he pointed to the seats in front of me. “Please, have a seat.”

“Don’t worry, I won’t take long.” I sat down and the smile on my face immediately vanished as I tossed a paper in front of him. “Sign this paper and divorce your wife and leave your wife and daughter alone.”

He frowned as he took the paper. “And who are you to involve yourself into such matters?”

“An important person in Eun Hae’s life,” I replied. “You can see your wife had already signed. Now, I know you told your wife that you’re never going to divorce with her, but there’s no use because she’s not in the house. She’s escaped. I know where she is, and frankly, I have to admit that she chose a good place to hide.”

He gaped at me. But then he recollected himself. “It does not matter wherever she is hiding because I’m still not divorcing with her.”

Stubborn .

I sighed. “I was hoping you won’t resolve to such but you leave me no choice.” I closed my eyes and transformed into my dragon mode.

Poor Mr. Jung got so scared that he automatically ran for the door but I was faster. I ran in front of him and shoved him against the wall and he fell backward, shrieking. I walked over to him, glowering. “Wh – What are you?” he whispered, his face going pale.

“Your worst nightmare,” I said menacingly and he gave a little whimper. “You will sign the papers and remove yourself from their lives or I’ll have to do it for you.”

He gulped and we heard a knock on the door. It was his secretary. “Mr. Jung, are you all right?”

“Tell her to go away,” I growled as he darted a look at me.

He cleared his throat. “I – I’m fine!” he squeaked. “G – Go away!” He turned to me once we were sure she was gone. “Don’t hurt me.”

Then sign the papers and get out of their lives forever.”

He scurried to his table, grabbing a pen and quickly signed the papers. He then handed it over to me with shaky hands. I looked at him and grimaced when I realized he’d wet himself with fear.

What a baby.

I took the document and smirked at him. “Don’t bother telling anyone what you saw. They’ll just think you’ve gone crazy and sent you to the asylum for crazy people.” I turned around. “And if I ever see you step back into their lives even after this, I won’t hesitate to destroy you.” Then I smiled pleasantly at him. “Be grateful that I didn’t throw you out of the window where you’d have to face a thirty-floor death. I was actually considering doing that.”

He gasped and let out a pathetic squeak.

With a wave, I was gone, with the official papers in my hands.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, at least Kris didn't cause that much harm to her father, right?