Hallucination

The Heartbreaker's Game 2: What is Love?

Eun Hae’s POV

“Krystal-sshi?” he gasped. “Wh – What are you doing here?”

I smiled softly, remembering that I’d used charm-speaking on him to make him believe that my name really was Krystal. I guess the effects had not wear off yet. The thing was, I was actually just wandering around the streets when I felt myself being pulled and was face-to-face with Lu Han. I was so stunned but luckily I recovered quickly and used as much emphasize in my voice when I told him that my name was Krystal. I even winked and flirted with him — something that made me shudder after he left me alone; I’m not the kind of girl who does that.

“I’m not Krystal,” I told him.

He blinked at me. “Eun Hae?” he gasped.

I nodded.

He was loss for words. “But . . . how . . .?” Then he blinked and rubbed his eyes cutely. “Holy ! Don’t tell me that you’re a ghost coming back to haunt me!” he cried out.

I facepalmed. Is he for real?

I looked up to see him staggering away from me. “St – Stay away!” he cried, holding a hand out to me. “I can easily push you away with my telekinesis if you come any nearer! Wait, what am I saying? Eun Hae, please, I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to hurt you! I – I –”

“Pabo,” I muttered as he knelt down on the ground.

“Don’t hurt me . . .”

“Get up,” I told him. He looked at me. I rolled my eyes and stepped around my grave until I was standing in front of him. Then I tugged on his hand and pulled him back up to his feet. He was so startled that he allowed himself to be pulled. “Did my hand go through your body when I pulled you up?” I asked.

He shook his head.

“Then I’m not a ghost.”

He cocked his head over to one side in confusion. “If you’re not a ghost . . . it means . . . wait, can people really come back solid?”

I pinched the bridge of my nose. “I’m not dead, Lu Han.”

Silence.

I looked at him and found him staring at me in disbelief. I raised an eyebrow. “Are you going to say anything any time soon?”

Silence again.

He blinked once.

Twice.

“Holy ! You’re alive? You’re not dead?” he yelped, flailing his arms. Lu Han looked at me. “Eun Hae . . .” He was looking incredulously at me. He came over to me and poked my arm. Then he gasped. “No way . . . but how? How is it possible?”

I sighed, smiled a little, and then I told him everything. I told him about what my brother did, and how Lay, Tao and Kris were in on the secret as well. In fact, the story was so long that by the time I was done, the two of us had walked over to the nearest bench and sat down there next to one another.

“So . . . you’ve been alive all this time?”

“Yes.”

He kept quiet. “You hid the fact that you were alive because of me, wasn’t it?” he muttered under his breath. He turned away. “I’m really sorry. I really didn’t mean to hurt you. I don’t deserve to even know that you’re alive. You should have left me alone, let me believe that you are dead.”

“Lu Han . . .” I tugged on his hand to make him turn around to face me. When he didn’t budge, I wrapped my arms around his waist from the back and hugged him, burying my head on his back.

“Eun Hae . . . what . . .”

“I forgive you,” I replied gently.

He reached up to hold my hands. “I missed you, Eun Hae.” He turned around to face me. He cupped my face. “You’re really alive.”

“Yes, I really am alive. And . . . I missed you too. So, so much.” I looked into his eyes and my heart skipped a beat like it always did whenever I was with him. And right now, I was really tempted to crash his lips to mine and just love him again.

“Eun Hae . . .” Lu Han hugged me and I hugged him back. Soon the two of us were crying, overwhelmed with the fact that I was alive and that we get to see each other again after two, whole, long years.

I looked up to him and smiled. He smiled back, blinking cutely. He wiped my tears away with his thumb before he leaned down a bit. When our lips were an inch apart, he whispered, his breath on my face, “Are you sure about this?” He meant getting back with him.

I answered by closing the distance between us and soon I was embracing Lu Han again as he kissed me tenderly but passionately.

Lu Han and I were together again after being away for so long.

He crushed me to him and I wrapped my arms around his neck. He encircled me with his arms, leaning down. Then he picked me up. I cupped his face as, as I squealed inside, my heart racing. I could feel his beating heart against mine, too. I wrapped my legs around his waist and he held me tighter. Our heads moved erratically as we kissed for a long time. My left hand buried its fingers into his light-brown hair while the other remained on his cheek as I felt him pulling me closer — if it was possible.

Then I pulled back, frowning.

“What’s the matter?” he asked worriedly. He put me back down on the ground before cupping my face in his warm, loving hands.

I looked up to me, a scared expression on my face. “We have to tell Changjo and Daeseul I’m alive. They’re not going to hug me when they see me. They’re going to hit me for making them believe I was dead.”

Lu Han just laughed and hugged me. “I promise I’ll protect you from them, arraso?” he asked as he kissed my forehead. He sighed contently. “I love you. . . .”

I love you too.

 

Kai’s POV

Once I came back down to my house after saying goodbye to my friends up in Exo, my mind was whirring. Eun Hae is alive. She’s really alive, after these two years. Daeseul would want to know about this. Eun Hae was her best friend after all.

Daeseul was waiting for me when I entered through the front door. She smiled and came up to me. “Hey, how did it go?” she asked as she helped me removed my coat before she gave me a light kiss. She turned to hang it on the coat hanger. “Why did Kris-sshi call you guys back?”

“Well, Kris wanted to tell us that —”

Ding dong!

The stupid doorbell interrupted me. Sighing, I turned and opened the door. I blinked when I saw who it was outside. “Lu Han hyung,” I said. Oh, right, he wasn’t there when Kris told us about Eun Hae being alive. I smiled brightly at him. “Hey, guess what?”

But Lu Han ignored me and looked straight at Daeseul. “Don’t get mad, but Eun Hae really wanted to see you,” was the first words out his mouth.

I frowned. Wait, what did I just hear? Eun Hae? Could he possibly have known that she was alive? But if he does . . . how did he find out?

“Eun Hae?” Daeseul repeated in confusion.

Just then a petite, brunette-haired girl stepped out from hiding. She smiled timidly at the two of us. “Hi, guys,” she said nervously.

“Eun Hae!” I exclaimed, smiling.

Daeseul, on the other hand, gasped when she saw her ‘dead’ best friend standing right before her very eyes. “Eun Hae?!” she exclaimed.

She nodded and smiled at the both of us. “Congratulations to the both of you. I heard you guys got hitched. I’m sorry I couldn’t be there for your weeding.”

I strolled over to her and gave her a tight hug, missing the warmth of her embrace. “I really missed you, a lot,” I told her honestly. “I just found out.”

She nodded, wincing a bit. “Uh, yeah, Appa told me that he told you guys . . .”

I nodded toward Lu Han, who had his arms wrapped around her waist. I’m assuming the two of them are back together. “How did this guy find out?”

She shrugged casually, looking up to him. He gave her a wry smile and she just giggled before she turned back to me. “Oh, he thought I was a ghost when I appeared out from my hiding spot behind my gravestone, which he was talking to.”

I laughed, imagining that. “I should have been there.”

“Yah,” Lu Han scowled.

Wait!

We turned to see Daeseul glaring furiously at Eun Hae. “You mean all this time you were alive and I never knew about it? What is going on?” she demanded to know. “I can’t believe you all kept this from me.” She glowered at me.

I held my hands up in defense. “I only just found out. I was going to tell you when they rang the doorbell.”

“I only found out today, too,” Lu Han spoke up.

My wife turned to her best friend who was looking beseechingly at her. “Aww, Seullie, come on,” she urged, “you’re not going to blow up at me, are you?”

Daeseul grabbed her wrist and pulled her inside the living room. “You and I are going to have a talk. Kai Oppa, would you mind playing video games with Lu Han for a few minutes or so?”

I gulped. “Uh . . . no, I don’t mind.” I tugged on Lu Han’s hand. “Come on,” I muttered as I acted like I was pulling him to the room.. “We are going to turn invisible so we can make sure my wife doesn’t kill your girlfriend.”

It was a good thing Daeseul’s back was facing the door so she wouldn’t see that we just closed the door to make her think we were inside when actually I’d closed the door and we turned invisible. We watched as the two of them sat down on the couch and we listened to Eun Hae as she told Daeseul the truth of what really happened.

Lu Han and I needed to talk but we couldn’t say it aloud so we depended on typing out a message on my phones to tell each other.

 

Lu Han: It’s a good thing your wife already knows about this alien thing.

Me: I know right. It’ll be so awkward if she didn’t. So, are you and EH back together again?

 

I looked up to see Lu Han blushing and guessed that I was right.

“Eun Hae, don’t ever do this to me ever again!” Daeseul burst out once Eun Hae was done and the two of them hugged each other. Then Daeseul turned around to where we were sitting on the ground. “Just because I can’t see you, doesn’t mean I don’t know you’re there.”

Lu Han glared at Eun Hae.

His girlfriend shrugged. “I said nothing.”

BANG! BANG! BANG!

 

Lu Han’s POV

We exchanged glances. Someone was banging hard on the door. Who on earth could it be? Kai went to answer it. Changjo stood outside, looking positively mad. He walked in and looked around wildly until he spotted his cousin. His eyes went wide before it narrowed down to her. “You!” he screamed. “How dare you make me think you were dead this whole time?! Were you ever going to tell me the truth?” Changjo marched over to her.

“H – How did you know?” Eun Hae stammered.

“L.Joe hyung told me that he saw you wandering around the streets and came up here with Lu Han,” he snapped, standing in front of his cousin. He looked at her up and down before he pulled her in a tight embrace. “Eun Hae, you stupid girl. I hate you for making me miss you so much! Don’t ever do that to me again!”

Eun Hae hugged him back but she had tears glistening in her eyes. “And here I was, thinking that the two of them were going to hit me and yet they turned emotional on me,” she muttered in Chinese.

I burst out laughing, being the only one who understood her.

The other three frowned at her. “Yah, yah, there’s no need to speak in a language we all don’t know,” the three of them said.

She pointed to me. “He could understand.”

Changjo just messed up her hair. He hugged her again. “It’s good to have you back.”

 

Three weeks later . . .

Now that everyone knew that she was alive and well, she could officially come to live with us in Exo to get proper training equipment, under the watchful eyes of both Suho and Kris, with the rest of Exo members guiding her. She was actually a tough competitor. Not only did she learn how to control her charm-speaking, she would learn self-defense and it was kind of scary because she was a fast-learner. While she was training to use better control of it, and also to work on it so that she could actually sound alluring and convincing, we were taking lessons on how to counter it.

Sometimes we would practice it, and if we could, we would try to deflect it, but it was useless since most of us had physical powers while hers was more in controlling mind. Mine was controlling the mind, but it was my mind I was controlling. She was controlling ours.

This girl was getting dangerous. She was sharp, agile, and a fast-thinker — a very good trait to have if you were in combat. If you weren’t careful, you’d find yourself pinned down, having no idea how you got there in the first place. Tao was her toughest opponent, seeing that he was able to freeze her in time and knock her down before she had a chance to get him to listen to what she asked him to do.

Until the day we found out what her second power was.

One day she and Tao were having a one-on-one combat. They had sparred for a bit, both weary and tired but obviously determined to win. Even though she was a girl, we didn’t hold back (okay, only a little) because she was good enough. We never gave her a chance to win even when we were a lot gentler with her. it didn’t really matter because most of the times she would thrash us.

So today, we watched as she and Tao circled around the ring while all of us stood by to watch. We could hear their pants, their hair sticking to their face as beads of sweat rolled down their faces. They never kept their eyes off each other.

Then Tao broke the eye-contact to focus, gathering his strength to freeze her in time. Eun Hae just stood where she was, but she was smirking. Suddenly Tao stopped moving and was looking dazed. He titled his head and smiled. Then, as if he was lost in a trance, he held his hands out as if he was trying to reach something.

“What the . . .?” the rest of us said, confused.

“Ah . . .” Suho and Kris said pleasantly, looking proud of Eun Hae.

Eun Hae never kept her eyes off Tao as she walked closer to him. The panda wasn’t even paying attention to her. even though she was right there, we could tell that his mind was off somewhere else.

“Gucci on sale . . .” he said, drooling a bit, with his tongue sticking out from the corner of his mouth like he was some dog. “I want . . .” Then he snapped out of it, frowning. “What the hell just happened?”

Seizing this opportunity while Tao was distracted, Eun Hae gave a high kick and kicked him on the stomach hard and Tao was sent flying backward . . . out of the ring.

Ding, ding! the bell rang.

“Eun Hae won,” Kris announced and Suho clapped.

The rest of us turned to them for answers. What just happened? Tao was about to strike when  he suddenly began daydreaming about Gucci, letting Eun Hae win the one-on-one combat.

“Aiiee, what happened?” Tao whined, as Eun Hae helped him up.

“Sorry, Tao, but we needed to test her second power,” Suho explained, grinning as he slapped high-fives with Eun Hae. “We just discovered it recently so we thought we’d try it out on her next one-on-one combat.”

Her second power?

“What is it?” we asked.

Kris hugged his daughter. “It’s a very defensive power: hallucination,” he said, looking very proud of her, who just blushed and looked down.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arrgghh, this was supposed to be the last chapter (like the previous one) but I ended up writing this! ._.

Ah, wells. Heee, now you know her second power~ will explain more about it in the next chapter~ Good news, she and Lu Han are finally back together!

LuHae forever! :3