She Needs Us More Than Ever

The Heartbreaker's Game 2: What is Love?

 

No One’s POV

No matter how much Lu Han pleaded and begged, even getting down on his knees to beg, Eun Hae refused to be moved. Her decision was final.

They’re over.

Were they even really together to be over in the first place? She wasn’t sure, but she wasn’t sticking around long enough to figure that out.

She just couldn’t believe that her new Exo friends would do that . . . hurt girls and play with them like they were some toy. But this time, yes, she had let them play with them, but she wasn’t going to let them toy her over.

But it hurt so much . . . being betrayed by the one she loves.

 

Kai’s POV

I took a deep shaky breath as I looked at the other members of Exo-K and Ex0-M in the living room in my apartment. They had heard what happened, that the game was finally over after almost three months, and they were just in shocked as I was when Lu Han finally admitted that he was in love with her.

Don’t get me wrong, we all knew that. We all knew that Lu Han was in love with her — that was why we about it so much.

But we thought he would be stubborn enough to never admit that.

And we felt bad for him because now Eun Hae knows the real truth — and her heart was broken and it was just like D.O’s story all over again. I just hope that Eun Hae doesn’t commit suicide.

“That’s a shame, to be honest,” Baekhyun spoke up, breaking the silence, and everyone turned to him. “I actually liked Eun Hae. She was fun and she would always stick up for us whenever Kai or Lu Han hyung were mean to us.”

They nodded, muttering things such as, “Yeah”, “I liked her too”, and “It’s a pity that they could not be together in the end of this.”

“What’s going to happen now?” Tao wanted to know. He looked from his friends in Exo-M to his friends in Exo-K before settling down at me, since I was the one who told them about the news.

I sighed. “Our leaders told us that now that the Game is over, all of us have to go back up to Exo,” I replied, “now that it’s clear that the building won’t collapse and everything.” I looked at them.

They weren’t happy.

“What about you, then, Kai?” D.O wanted to know and everyone nodded, wanting to know as well. He was talking about Daeseul. “What are you going to do about Daeseul? Are you going to leave her like that?”

I just shrugged, remembering what Suho had said to me on the rooftop after Lu Han had left. Kris was still too in daze to even bother listening to what we were talking about. “Well, Suho did give me an extra three days to tell Daeseul that I have to leave and that I might never come back to be with her.”

“Why not?” Sehun frowned, his eyebrows pulled together. “Why can’t you ever come back to be with her? Doesn’t he know that you love her?”

“He does, but he said something about alien and human relationships never work out for the better in the end,” I replied, shrugging, but I was frowning. That didn’t make much sense. As long as she doesn’t care that you’re alien as long as you love her back, why won’t it work out? “He said he just wanted to protect me from getting a heart break or whatever, especially since I do belong in Exo.”

“He’s just jealous that you’re happy with a girl and he’s not,” Chanyeol scoffed, rolling his eyes. He frowned. “I don’t want to leave.”

“They might lock us up in our rooms again and we won’t be able to see each other,” XiuMin pouted, nibbling onto his bun.

“Seriously, can you not eat baos for one minute?!” Tao burst out, glowering at the older guy. “It’s so annoying! I’m starting to get sick of smelling baos everywhere I go! You even take it to the bathroom.”

XiuMin’s face turned beet red as everyone made a face. “Well, I needed to do something to keep me preoccupied while I do my big business,” he mumbled, avoiding looking into any one of our eyes.

Chen made a face, holding out his hands to make a ‘T’ sign. “Whoa, Time-Out,” he said. “That was just a little too much information.”

“Yeah, dude, TMI,” Lay chimed in.

“Just because you guys are bored inside and I have something to do,” XiuMin replied angrily.

Baekhyun thwacked him on the head softly with a pillow. “Now’s not the time,” he told him gently. He was the only one who could make XiuMin shut up.

“Okay. I’ll keep quiet and munch on my bao.” XiuMin continued munching.

Tao sighed.

“If it makes any of you guys feel better, since this is the Last Game, they’re not going to lock you guys up,” I spoke up and they erupted into happy cheers. “So go along now — start packing. They gave you two hours to do that.”

They scattered and I sighed.

At least I’d have a clean and quiet apartment to myself for three days.

My phone rang and I saw that it was coming from Daeseul. Grinning, I answered the phone. “Hey, I was just about to call you.”

“We need to talk.”

 

Five seconds later we were in her room. Daeseul didn’t look too happy as she frowned from where she was standing by her table, leaning against it while I stood in the middle of her room like an idiot. She looked like she was angry with me and I was wondering what I did wrong to make her frown like that.

Please don’t tell me she found out about . . .

“Eun Hae called me just now,” she said.

Oh, .

“She told me everything.”

Double .

She glowered at me. “Is it true? Did you guys really come down here to play with my best friend’s heart and then leave her broken and dying more than she already was?” she wanted to know.

“It was supposed to happen like that,” I told her and she arched an eyebrow, “but things changed this year for some strange reasons. Lu Han fell in love with her and didn’t want her to know — except it was too late. And as for me, yes, I was supposed to break her heart, if I could, but I didn’t.”

“Were you using me to get to her?”

What the . . .?

“No!” I cried out, shocked that she would even assume such. “I really did fall for you! That was no lie! When I realized I was falling for you, I pulled out of the Game. We thought maybe we could forfeit the Game but our two stupid leaders said that it was so much complicated than that so Lu Han had no choice but to break her heart — but she wasn’t supposed to get her heart broken like this!”

“She trusted you, Kai Oppa. She trusted you,” Daeseul said quietly, looking down at her feet. She looked back up at me, frowning. “And I trusted you.”

“Daeseul . . .”

“Were we mistaken?”

“Daeseul . . . please . . . be reasonable.”

She laughed sarcastically. “I’m sorry, Kai Oppa, but when it comes to ing my best friend over, I can never be reasonable,” she told me. “You hurt her. Lu Han hurt her. Even yours and his friends hurt her. How could you guys still do this to her? And why is Lu Han so ing slow to realize it?”

“Daeseul ah . . .”

“I can’t believe you guys did that.”

“Listen . . .”

“Now that the Game is over, you have to go back, right?” she asked. “I’ll never see you ever again, right?”

“Daeseul . . . don’t say goodbye to me this way.”

She sighed. “I don’t want to,” she admitted. “But I’m mad at you. For thinking that all of you could get away with this,” she added. She took a step closer to me and hugged me. “Poor Eun Hae,” she whispered. “Poor Lu Han.”

I hugged her. “Poor us.” I kissed her.

“I don’t think I can ever love someone else,” she whispered.

“I promise I’ll try come down to visit you whenever I can,” I promised.

“I’ll always be waiting for you . . . but I don’t know if I can erase what you’ve done to Eun Hae from my mind that fast,” she told me.

I kissed her. “I know, and I’m sorry. I promise you that I’ll try make it up to her, okay?” I asked her.

“When are you going?” she wanted to know.

“In three days time.”

She looked at me. “We’ve only got three days. Let’s make the most out of it, okay?”

She didn’t mean , she meant just being together. And that was what I wanted as well so I nodded my head and we hugged.

I hope that Lu Han and Eun Hae would be able to make things right again.

 

Kris’ POV

I waited until I was sure that Lu Han had left her before I went to see her myself. Her ex-boyfriend Yongguk was the one who answered the door for me and eyed me suspiciously when he saw me.

“She likes me better than you because I didn’t try to her,” I snapped and he reeled back, shocked.

“I don’t know if I should let you in my house . . .”

“Oh, just let him in,” Youngjae sighed, coming up toward us. He looked at me. “You’re here to see Eun Hae, isn’t it?” he asked me.

I nodded. “How is she?”

“Bad,” Jongup muttered.

They moved aside to let to walk over to where they pointed to a door where I assumed that Eun Hae was inside. And sure enough she was, with her brother Daehyun and the maknae, Zelo.

They were comforting her.

When Eun Hae looked up, she narrowed her eyes at me and looked away. “Let us speak for awhile,” she said to Daehyun and Zelo. “I need to talk to him about some things. I’ll call you if I need you.”

They nodded and walked out. Daehyun shot me a warning look as I closed the door behind to look at her. “How are you?” I asked.

“You were the reason why Lu Han came into my life,” she said.

“I —”

“Lu Han told me everything, from how you and Exo-K’s leaders started the Game down to how he didn’t want to break my heart but he did anyway,” she said. She sighed. “I trusted you and everyone — only to find out that you guys weren’t sincere when you guys said that you guys cared about me.”

“I did care,” I told her. I needed to let her know how much I cared. She needed to know how I felt.

“He told me you love me.”

Damn that .

“If you guys loved me, you wouldn’t have done what you guys did, or you guys could have told me the truth or . . . I don’t know!”

“Look, this Game got a little too complicated,” I said weakly. “And I’m really sorry that you got hurt. I didn’t want you to get hurt. When I got to know you, I wanted to back out but we can’t do that. Once the Game is set, it is a must to follow it all to the end or destruction will come to the place the boys called home.”

“They seemed happier living here in Earth.”

I frowned.

“You know how I felt when I realized that I was fooled? I felt angry. I wanted to punch all of you. But at the same time, I didn’t want to see any of you. I don’t want to ever see Kai, Exo-K, Exo-M, Lu Han . . . and definitely not you.”

“Eun Hae . . .”

“Go away, before I call my brothers.”

“You know I’m stronger than them,” I told her. “I can take them down without any problems at all. Remember that I am a lot stronger than they are, and faster, too.”

“If you really love me, you’d leave.”

Ouch.

But still I remained where I was, looking at her. She looked pale, tired, weak, drained, upset, hurt and angry. And it was really because of me, who started the stupid Game with Suho all over a stupid feud.

“Oppa!”

All six of them barged inside the room and Yongguk and Himchan took me by the hand and started to usher me out of the room while Youngjae and Daehyun rushed to her side, throwing their arms protectively around her. The two younger ones stood in front of her as if they were her bodyguards or something.

“Let’s go,” Yongguk said, his deep voice booming.

I allowed myself to be dragged out because I didn’t want to hurt her anymore but all I was thinking inside my head was that she didn’t understand . . .

Eun Hae-yah . . . give me a chance to properly explain myself, please.

I expected her to at least come out and maybe talk to me again. Yell at me too, I wouldn’t mind. Anything to get her to talk to me so that I could talk to her and maybe get her to forgive me as well.

But she never came out.

She never even looked back.

 

Daehyun’s POV

“Daehyun Oppa . . .” she whispered, hugging me. Then she turned to Youngjae and crawled into his lap and he hugged her tightly. “Jongup Oppa . . .”

Zelo and Jongup turned toward her.

“Why do everyone always hurt me?” she wanted to know.

None of us knew what to say because we once had hurt her before too and it was only recently she had forgiven us. So we just kept quiet.

“Eun Hae, rest,” I said soothingly, patting her hair, after a few minutes. I was scared that she might get too stressed and faint or something.

She looked at all of us. “Stay with me?”

The door opened and Yongguk and Himchan came in, telling us that he was gone. Then they came over to where Eun Hae was. She smiled at them and hugged them, letting them know she forgave them. Yongguk hugged her awkwardly but he was smiling.

She’s going to need all of us to make her feel better. She’s hurting so much now and she will need everyone to comfort her from this great pain, being betrayed by eleven people she thought who cared about her in one go.

She needs us more than ever.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

N'gaaawwww, even Krisseu got rejected flatly :/

Will Eun Hae and Lu Han ever get a chance be together in the end? :P

Hey, at least she's got B.A.P!