Running Into Them

The Heartbreaker's Game 2: What is Love?

Eun Hae’s POV

It was Monday again.

When I woke up when my alarm rang, I looked over next to me and found Lu Han sleeping peacefully. I smiled to myself. He must have been so worn out last night. His friends came over for dinner and afterward we took them to the night market. They were so awed with everything they saw and they ran here and there because they could not just stick to one place at a time.

Lu Han kept mumbling and complaining about this but I’d poked his sides and reminded him of how when he first came down to Earth and I had to take him out to places, he had purposely made himself invisible (apparently, they can make themselves invisible if they want to, or allow certain people to see them — a power that all Exopians have) and made me panic, wondering where he could be, when he had been right next to me the whole time.

He had laughed at that memory and tried to relive it but I knew better this time and didn’t bother with him, much to his disappointment.

After the night market, they wanted to stay over and play video games but Lu Han was already so tired from yelling at them, trying to make sure they didn’t get lost that I told them to take a rest and explore themselves the next day as Lu Han had work and I had school and work to take care of.

Once we got home, Lu Han immediately went to bed right after he’d bathed.

Poor guy.

So now, I smiled as I watched him sleep for awhile.

A few minutes later, his eyes blinked opened, boring into mine, and I felt like squealing when I noticed his warm, brown orbs were staring back at me. I smiled and leaned over to kiss him lightly on the lips.

“Morning,” I said.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close, burying his head at the crook of my neck. “I love you,” he murmured so sweetly that it made me melt up instantly inside, my stomach twisting into pretzels. He kissed my neck and I felt my burning as his kisses multiplied, holding me to him.

Finally I reluctant pulled away because I had to go bathe. When I came out in my uniform, he was already dressed. He must have used the guest’s room bathroom because he looked freshened up as well.

He smiled at me as he handed me a granola bar. I smiled gratefully at him and took it before the two of us made our way out to my school. We smiled happily as we stepped out into the sunshine, our fingers entwined.

All of a sudden, Kai appeared out of nowhere in front of us.

We took a few surprised steps back.

“Kai!” Lu Han exclaimed, blinking. “Uh, hi.”

I noticed these days that the two of them had been on friendlier terms. I remembered last time they used to shoot dagger looks at one another.

“Hi,” he said distractedly. I noticed he looked glum.

“What’s up?” Lu Han asked.

“Where’s Daeseul?” I wanted to know.

“Daeseul is sick, so she won’t be coming to school today,” he replied, holding out his phone indicating that she had probably called him to tell him that.

“So why are you here?” Lu Han asked.

He looked at him. “Can I talk to Eun Hae?” he asked. “Alone?”

Lu Han raised an eyebrow and I felt him placing a hand on my waist, pulling me closer to him. He get jealous really fast, but he refused to admit it. “Whatever do you want to talk to my girlfriend for, Kim Jongin?” he wanted to know, trying to act casual.

“It’s about Daeseul.”

Lu Han cocked his head to a side but he couldn’t detect a lie in that statement so he nodded and released me from his grip. He kissed my temple softly, to my cheek and then he turned my head to face him and kissed me on my lips. A tingling feeling burst inside of me as his lips tenderly captured mine and I wished it never ended, pouting slightly when he pulled apart.

He chuckled lightly. “I’ll see you at work.”

I nodded. “Make sure you take care of, you know.” I meant his friends.

He grimaced. “Mmm,” he replied. He rolled his eyes and smiled at me, giving me a little wave before he walked ahead to the café.

I turned to Kai who smiled and the two of us continued walking to my school. I let him ponder how to approach me with his question as the two of us walked silently. It was nice, feeling the breeze on my face, walking to school with a good friend.

Finally Kai slung his arm around my shoulder and pulled me close, pausing for a moment. “Daeseul’s brother hates me,” he confessed.

I blinked. “Jaehyo? He hates everybody.”

Kai rolled his eyes. “Gee, that makes me feel so much better,” he replied sarcastically.

“I meant,” I caught myself, “it’s just that he’s always like that. He’s always cold and is an introvert until he finally know you better. It’s still a bit awkward between me and him since I don’t go over to her house that often.”

He frowned thoughtfully.

I glanced over at him, wondering why he was so upset. “What did you do to leave a bad impression of yourself on him?” I wanted to know.

He blushed, looking down at his feet. “He caught me and Daeseul cuddling and kissing each other in her bed and thought differently. Then he told me to leave.”

I burst out laughing and his frown deepened.

“Do you think that’s funny?”

“No, no, I don’t mean it like that,” I tried to explain between laughter. “It’s just that that’s nothing for you to worry about, if that’s the case. He’s just pulling the ‘big brother’ card, that’s all. All brothers do that. Changjo even pulled that card on me when he found out that Lu Han and I were finally official.”

“Really?”

I nodded. “It’s normal, but I guess it’s because he’s already so scary.”

Kai nodded. “He is scary.”

I shrugged nonchalantly. “But it’s normal. Daehyun and Youngjae pulled that card when I told them that Yongguk and I were dating.”

He shuddered. “I still can’t believe you actually used to date that jerk.”

I sighed. “I don’t, either.”

We looked up to the road because we needed to cross a T-junction and had to make sure that there weren’t any cars passing by. I froze on my spot, not believing my bad luck.

Right across from us, coming from my right side, B.A.P was walking. And on my left side, on the other side of the road across of B.A.P, coming to the same road I wanted to go, was Block-B , minus Jaehyo who was probably at home taking care of Daeseul.

Kai saw the two group as well and turned to glance at me. “What are you going to do?” he wanted to know, knowing my dilemma.

“Hide me,” I started to say, moving behind him.

Too late.

Zico had spotted me from across the road and smiled, waving over to me as he walked over to the same lane as me. “Hi, Eun Hae!”

B.A.P turned to where he was waving at at the mention of my name.

Sighing, Kai and I crossed the road and all of us met at the other side of the road. I glanced at each group nervously. I actually sort of wished that Lu Han was still here, or Changjo, at least. Kai was cool and I’m sure he’ll help, but somehow he didn’t give me that same feeling of safety like I felt with Lu Han and Changjo.

I smiled weakly at Block-B while ignoring B.A.P. “Hi, you guys,” I greeted them. I glanced over at Zico who was smiling brightly at me.

Taeil glanced at Kai. “Hey, aren’t you Daeseul’s boyfriend? Why are you hanging around with her best friend?” he asked him, earning glances from B.A.P.

Kai raised an eyebrow. “Am I not allowed to have friends?” he shot back.

Zico gaped at him. “No wonder I thought you looked familiar the other night! You were the one who Eun Hae was on a date with that day I first laid eyes on this gorgeous, beautiful girl,” he said, winking at me.

I blushed at his words, feeling uncomfortable.

B.A.P frowned, confused at how I knew Block-B.

B-Bomb eyed Kai suspiciously. “You’re not tired of Daeseul already, and making a move on her best friend, are you?” he wanted to know.

If looks could kill, he’d be dead by now.

“Of course not, what stupid question is that!” Kai exclaimed indignantly. “Girls like Daeseul are very rare to find. She’s really nice and friendly and she’s everything to me!” He glanced over at me and smiled apologetically. “I’m sure Lu Han thinks that way about you.”

I shrugged.

U-Kwon didn’t look convinced. “As long as you’re sure.”

“Of course. Besides, Eun Hae already have a boyfriend.”

“Wouldn’t stop me.” Zico gave me another wink.

I blushed when I realized what he just said and shot a quick look at B.A.P who was now frowning deeply. I saw Daehyun and Youngjae clenching a tight fist with Jongup and Zelo holding them back. Yongguk and Himchan didn’t look that happy either.

Zico glanced over at me and bit his bottom lip seductively. It made him looked incredibly y. But, of course, Lu Han looked ier. “So, Friday night, my place; you in?”

I looked away, remembering what had happened the other night. I can’t believe that I woke up in his bed! “Um —” I started to say.

Daehyun stepped forward, breaking away from Zelo who had been holding him back. “I would really appreciate it if you’d stop flirting with her like that,” he said, trying to sound calm. “She already have a boyfriend and she’s really happy with him. If I were you, I’d suggest you go and find a to take you in.”

Zico glared at him. “And I suggest you keep out of this matter.”

“Not possible,” he shot back.

“Hyung,” Zelo murmured, shooting me a look.

Kyung frowned deeply at Daehyun, eyeing him. Then he scanned B.A.P behind his back. “What do you care about what Zico does to her, anyway?” he wanted to know.

“She’s my sister.”

I stiffened.

Everyone in Block-B gasped as they looked back and forth between the two of us, trying to spot the resemblance in each other. Finally U-Kwon spoke up, “He must probably mean how we consider Daeseul as our sister but we’re not her biological brother.”

“But Jaehyo is,” P.O pointed out.

I’m her biological brother,” Youngjae stepped out.

I glanced over at Daehyun who remained a straight face. He glowered at Block-B. “You wouldn’t like it if we flirt with Daeseul like that, right?”

“Furthermore,” Jongup spoke up boldly, “I’m sure you all care about Daeseul the same way we all care about Eun Hae very much.”

“Especially since she has a boyfriend,” Zelo nodded toward Kai.

Yongguk and Himchan nodded.

I don’t believe this. The six of them were actually defending for me? What’s this? My world was spinning, blurring and I had to rub my eyes to see better. Even the two older idiots were agreeing with them and for once they were not making any stupid remarks.

Kyung, Taeil, P.O, U-Kwon and B-Bomb glanced over at Zico, who I assumed was the leader of the group (but he was, like, the second youngest!), wondering what he was going to do, wondering if they should do anything to help their friend out, but Zico remained calm.

“I guess we’ll be taking our leave now, then.” He nodded at us before walking passed us, past B.A.P, and his friends followed him.

I glanced awkwardly over at B.A.P nervously, still not believing that they had stood up for me. “Thanks,” I said, “but it wasn’t necessary for you to lie.”

“We didn’t —” Daehyun started to say but I was already walking ahead.

Jongup pulled me back by holding on to my arm. I glared as I was whirled back to him but he had masked my expression as well. “Remember what I said to you the other day?” he growled furiously.

He was talking about Daehyun.

“Did you know that Daehyun hyung is dying inside, just trying to talk to you? Out of everyone, he’s the one who feels guilty the most, partly because he was the one who cared about you the most.”

But I didn’t want to care about that right now. I couldn’t. It’s too soon. “I have school,” I snapped at him and shot a baleful glance over at Yongguk who was my class’ assistant teacher. “I don’t want seongsangnim to give me detention, after all.”

He grimaced.

“Eun Hae . . . please,” Daehyun pleaded in a whisper. His face was so pale, so scared, and so desperate. He looked like he was about to break, that fragile guy.

I saw the hurt expression on his face and I softened a bit, guilt washing over me. If I was being honest with myself, I would say that I still care about him and out of everyone here, I really missed him the most. So I sighed, not believing what was going to come out of my mouth next. “Meet me in the library at four,” I told him. I turned to the others before I turned back to him. “Alone,” I added.

He nodded, shooting me a small grateful smile.

I nodded curtly and walked ahead. Kai didn’t ask me any questions as we continued walking to school. Once we reached there, he told me that Daeseul asked him to go over to her house so we bid goodbye and I went inside the school grounds.

The day seemed to have passed by really quickly and soon it was lunch time, as if they knew our tummies were getting hungry. The moment I stepped inside the cafeteria and smelled the usual lunch food, it made my lunch queasy and all my appetite to eat flew out of the window.

I turned around and walked out of the school’s building to the school’s field and sat down on the empty bleachers, staring at the empty field when suddenly I felt this presence coming closer to me. I turned over to see Zelo sitting down next to me wordlessly.

“We meant every word, back then,” he murmured softly after a good ten minutes of silence, reaching out to take my hand. It was soft. “We still care about you.”

“Well, except for Youngjae, since he’s not my real, biological brother,” I replied.

“I wonder . . .” he mused, staring out at the empty field, “how you would have reacted if it was Daehyun hyung who said that instead.”

I didn’t say anything.

“Thank you for giving him a chance to talk to you.” He put his arms around me and rested his head on my shoulder. “Noona, I’m sorry. I missed you.”

I hugged him. “I’ve missed you too. And I forgive you.” I smiled at him, gently caressing his soft locks, missing this feeling of him being near. “We should go back. It’s almost time.”

He nodded and the two of us went back.

For the rest of the day, I worried about how my talk with Daehyun would be. I was nervous. I mean, I’ll be talking to someone who I still cared deeply about even if he had hurt me the most. Would I forgive him that easily as I had with Zelo? Would I cry? Would I hate him?

I don’t know.

It was making me dizzy until I got a headache and couldn’t concentrate on my work again. Damn, I need to take my medicine. But when I searched my bag, I couldn’t find it. I tried not to panic as I looked at the clock. School was over. I just needed to go to the library to talk to him and then rush back home. No problem.

As I walked slowly to the library, my vision began blurring. I rubbed my eyes as I opened the door. I looked around and saw Daehyun standing up at a corner when he saw me. I took a step toward him. I smiled at him weakly and he asked me if I was okay, but I barely heard him.

Please, don’t let me faint.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Uh-oh, is Eun Hae going to faint again?

Awww, B.A.P stood up for her, even Banghim! ^^ But, tsk, Zico D: