Forgiving Her Brothers

The Heartbreaker's Game 2: What is Love?

Kai’s POV

Once they were gone, Lu Han and I looked at each other, suddenly a new sense of feeling overwhelming the both of us as realization sunk in.

This is the Last Game.

Just then Kris reappeared and looked at the two of us before he settled down at Lu Han. “I want a drink,” he said casually and went over to a booth to sit down.

Lu Han, who probably knew exactly what drink he’d liked, rolled his eyes behind his back and went to the counter to the machine to make the drink the same time another crack sounded and Suho stood at the very spot which Kris had appeared from.

“I want a drink,” he said to me before he went over to Kris who scowled when he saw that he was approaching. “Don’t be an .”

“There are many vacant seats, why must you sit here?”

“Shut up and don’t look at me.”

“Hard to, because you’re sitting right across of me.”

Kai sighed as the two of them continue to bicker. He came over to me and asked in a whisper, “Is it just me or are the two of them starting to talk to each other a lot more, even if they’re always arguing?”

“I think they secretly like each other’s company but are too proud to admit,” I whispered back.

The two of us walked over to the both of them once their drinks were ready and we found them talking about something. When we approached them, we heard Suho saying to Kris, “I want to know why you were stalking Eun Hae.”

“You what?”

We looked over at Lu Han who was gaping at his leader in disbelief.

Kris looked surprised and a little embarrassed that we had heard Suho asking him that. So he looked at his drink and grabbed it from Lu Han’s hands. He then downed it in one shot before he slammed the plastic cup on the table. “I’m going,” he announced.

“You —”

He was gone within seconds.

“What was he looking at in her files, Suho-sshi?” Lu Han asked Suho as the two of us sat down since there were no other customers.

Suho shrugged. “I only had enough time to read a sentence before he closed the tab, but it was enough to see her name,” he replied.

“What was the sentence?”

“Why are you so interested to know?” I asked him.

“Well, it’s because I noticed that lately dui zhang had been taking an interest in Eun Hae and I don’t know why,” he replied, shooting a glance at me. He looked back at Suho. “That’s why I want to know what he was reading.”

Suho frowned, trying to remember. “It was something about her living with her biological brother and his friends after her parents kicked her out of her house,” he replied, thinking hard about it.

“She has a biological brother?” I asked blankly.

Lu Han’s eyebrows pulled together. “What’s this rubbish? Eun Hae’s biological brother died of sickness when she was six years old!”

Suho shook his head. “It’s what I read,” he replied defensively.

“It doesn’t make any sense. Why would she lie to me about it?”

I thought about her having a brother and then I realized something, something that we should have noticed earlier. “Hey,” I spoke up and the two of them turned to me. “I noticed something . . .”

“Spit it out,” Lu Han told me impatiently.

“I noticed that Kris and Eun Hae looked alike in a way,” I said. “I mean, they both have sharp jawbones and piercing eyes. And their personalities are somewhat the same, with that stubborn streak and strong will.”

Suho frowned. “Now that’s crazy assumption,” he rebuked bluntly. “Kris is Chinese, Eun Hae is Korean. Kris is an alien, she’s human. He’s a hundred and something years old, and she’s only eighteen — no, not even eighteen.”

“But their eyes! And they —!”

“Just because they look alike don’t mean that they’re related,” Lu Han said gently and I looked over at him. “I mean, Lee Hongki and Mir looked somewhat similar but they’re not related to one another, right?”

I shrugged and turned to Suho. “You said that after she got kicked out, she lived with her brother and his friends, right?” I asked to make sure.

He nodded.

“But she said that her brother is dead!” Lu Han protested adamantly. “How can she have lived with her brother if he’s dead?!”

“The system never lies,” Suho replied calmly.

“Maybe you read wrongly? You did say you only had enough time to read a sentence. That would have taken only about two seconds.”

“I have sharp eyes and a good memory.”

Tsk, conceited fool.

“But we know that she lived with B.A.P after she got kicked out,” I spoke up. “So does that mean that one of them is her brother?” I asked.

“But why would she lie about it?” Lu Han refused to ask any other questions. I knew he was offended that she didn’t trust him enough to tell him the truth.

“Didn’t she have a grudge against them?” I asked. “Maybe that’s why she lied, because she did not want to acknowledge her brother who betrayed her.”

“But why would she say that he’s dead when he’s not?” he persisted.

“How would I know? I’m not her boyfriend, am I?” I shot back.

“But that still doesn’t tell why Kris is interested in her,” Suho argued but we were too focused on knowing who her brother was to remember that the main reason why we started this conversation was because of that.

So we ignored him unintentionally.

Who is her brother, then?” Lu Han wondered incredulously.

“If she have one, he’s in B.A.P,” I mused. “But which one of them?”

“Well, obviously it can’t be Yongguk or Himchan, since those bastards tried to Eun Hae,” Lu Han replied, striking the two older ones off the list. “And Zelo is too young to be considered her brother since this is her older brother.”

“But they didn’t say whether it was her big brother or her younger brother,” Suho argued. “They only said brother, not older brother or younger brother, so it is a possibility that Zelo could be her brother.”

“Besides, Zelo looked really guilty and bad whenever he sees her,” I pointed out.

Lu Han sighed. “Okay, fine, but Himchan and Yongguk are still off the list,” he replied.

“There’s always ,” Suho suggested.

“You’re not helping,” I glowered at my leader who just shrugged and took a sip of his drink innocently.

“Who else is there? Zelo, Jongup, Youngjae and Daehyun.”

“Daehyun? They have the same last name,” Suho supplied.

“Just because they have the same last name doesn’t mean that they’re related. Look at Bang Yongguk and Mir, whose name is Bang,” Lu Han said.

“Why are we always comparing Mir?” I wanted to know. “We made a comparison of him with Lee Hongki just now, so why are we using him again? Why can’t it be T.O.P and Se7en since they have the same last name? Choi Seunghyun and Choi Dongwook?”

Lu Hans shrugged. “Eun Hae is in love with Mir,” he grimaced. “She would swoon every time she hears him rapping, especially in Stay and One Better Day. I guess maybe because I keep hearing his name from her, he automatically comes up.”

“Someone’s jealous,” I teased and Lu Han whacked me with a cloth.

“There’s you and Chen as well,” Suho spoke up through his straw. “Kim Jongin and Kim Jongdae. Both of you have the same first two names. Ha, maybe you guys are related.” He shook his head.

“I wouldn’t mind,” I replied. From what my friends told me about Exo-M, they sounded all right and I wouldn’t mind being related to them.

“Can we please get back to the topic?” Suho snapped, obviously unhappy to hear that I did not mind. He was still feeling pretty sour from us betraying him for them. “Why do you say that Daehyun isn’t her brother, Lu Han? They have the same last name, and she felt betrayed by him the most, right? It makes perfect sense.”

“Personally, I think he’s in love with her. I saw that he tried to kiss her on the lips once,” he replied, a dark cloud over his face. He sighed. “Only dui zhang knows who her real brother is but he won’t tell us!”

“Heck, I’m pretty sure Eun Hae knows who her real brother is,” Suho told him.

“Shut up,” I suggested.

“Just saying. Anyway, my drink is finished. Can you get me another one?”

“Pay first.”

“You’re rude. I should give feedbacks to your boss and have him fire you for being rude to your own customers,” Suho replied, looking offended.

But I didn’t hear him. I was too busy thinking. Then I remembered something that happened recently, something that might help us get to at least somewhere in this.

 

I’m her biological brother,” Youngjae stepped out.

 

Could her brother be Youngjae?

“What about Youngjae?” I asked and I told them what happened when we bumped into B.A.P and Block-B.

They exchanged glances before they turned to me.

“Could Youngjae really be her brother?” Lu Han wondered aloud.

“Kai, charge the bill to your pay,” Suho said, standing up. he stretched and smiled. “I’m going to go disturb Kris. Bye.” He was gone.

I scowled.

That of a leader.

Youngjae?” Lu Han muttered.

 

Eun Hae’s POV

Youngjae had his arms wrapped around me and I had my head resting on his chest as I felt him doing circles on my shoulders. I really missed this, being close with him, that it caused a pang of pain in my heart. I missed being so close to my brother.

“Oppa . . .”

“Dongsaeng ah . . . I know I failed you as a big brother but . . . could you ever forgive me?” he asked me, kissing my forehead.

My heart leaped with joy. “Of course, Oppa,” I replied automatically. “I forgive you. I forgive you, Jongup and Zelo.”

He chuckled lightly. “It’s going to take some time for you to forgive what Yongguk Hyung and Himchan Hyung did to you, huh?” he murmured understandingly.

I nodded. “It hurt, what the two of them did to me,” I whispered, sighing. My eyes fluttered shut and I clenched my fist on his shirt.

“What about Daehyun?”

My eyes flew opened. I looked at him. My face crumbled as I felt this horrible aching pain in my heart and tears began to fell. “He hurt me so much because I thought he really cared about me,” I whimpered.

Youngjae hugged me. “Dongsaeng, I’m sorry. I’ve let you down too, but I knew how you felt about him and how he felt about you. He really cared about you and he loved you so much and he hated and felt jealous when you were with Yongguk.”

“I did loved Yongguk, but I loved Daehyun Oppa in my own ways,” I cried in his chest. “Why didn’t he defend me? Why didn’t you defend me?”

“I’m sorry,” was all Youngjae could say as he my hair. “You know, I’ve always thought . . . if things weren’t so complicated, would you and Daehyun be —?”

I pulled apart and glared at him for ever suggesting that. “That’s crazy,” I declared. “You know that Daehyun Oppa and I can never —”

“That’s why I said if things weren’t so complicated,” he hurriedly said. “Like, maybe if this was in another life.”

I sighed. “That still feels wrong.”

“Why? You love him, you cared about him and vice versa.”

“Oppa . . .”

“Shhh, I’m here. Your brother is here with you.” He kissed my forehead soothingly and I felt calmed again. “But I want to know . . . why did you come back to this house?”

I sighed. “Umma made me,” I replied. “Okay, no, I made myself. It was my decision. I wanted to see if they’re sincere in what they say about wanting me back.”

“And how have they been so far?”

“Pretty good, actually,” I admitted. “They remembered I liked chicken porridge when I’m sick and that my favorite color is blue.”

“Just be careful, all right? I don’t want you to get hurt by them again,” Youngjae told me as he ran his fingers through my hair.

I nodded. “All right, Oppa, I will.” I paused and looked at him, mesmerized by his handsome face. “I really missed you, Oppa.”

He smiled slightly as he leaned forward and kissed my nose, knowing that I loved it whenever he did that to me. “I really missed you, too,” he said softly as I snuggled up with him again. With him, I felt really safe.

But then I felt this retching feeling and ran to the bathroom, vomiting my lunch. Youngjae was by my side as I threw up all over in the toilet. He cleaned me up later and since I felt weak, he carried me to my bed.

He frowned worriedly at me as I took a cup of water to take a small sip out from it. He wiped my forehead with a damp cloth. “Your condition seemed to be getting worse as you get older,” he frowned. “That’s bad; it shouldn’t be like this. It should get better, seeing as you grow older, your body system gets stronger.”

“Ah, mollayo,” I replied weakly as he gently caressed my face.

“Dongsaeng, I promise you, that I will not abandon you again. I will not leave my sister alone ever again,” he promised me. “Okay? Believe in Oppa, believe in your brother.”

Somehow, when he said that, instead of feeling sad because he might break the promise, I had a feeling that he meant everything. And I believed everything he said.

“And you know that Daehyun hyung would agree with me,” he went on.

I nodded. I did know that Daehyun Oppa would agree with him. I believe in the two of them. I know that I’d forgiven Youngjae, my sweet brother. And I believe that when Daehyun Oppa comes to visit me, I will forgive my understanding brother.

I forgive my brothers, even Himchan and Yongguk Oppas.

I see that now.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Youngjae is her real brother! EHMAGERD! ._.

Yessh, I still like replying your comments the same way despite the admin making it easier. It's actually easier for me to do it this way (: