Moving Back In

The Heartbreaker's Game 2: What is Love?

Daehyun’s POV

I Eun Hae’s hair softly as she slept in the hospital. When she came into the library, I saw that she looked pale. When I went up to her to ask her if she was okay, she fainted. I rushed her to the hospital, remembering about her condition. She really scared me. I thought she was fine, I thought she was okay.

I watched her as she slept. She looked so beautiful, so peaceful, and so angelic. It hurt me to think that someone so strong yet fragile like her was hurt and had gone through so many tough patches in her life and I was not there by her side like I promised that I would.

Right now, I stared at her, trying to remember this. She’d grown prettier over the years, not just her face but her body structure as well. If she didn’t always wear a hoodie over her uniform all the time, I would guess that a lot of guys would be falling for her. But then again, that was probably a good thing because if I’d seen a guy trying to jump into her pants, I’d punch them.

God, I wanted to punch Zico in the nose this morning. He had a bad reputation as a player and he’s not someone I want Eun Hae to mix around with. In fact, I’d prefer it if she was always with me, but that’s too bad because she doesn’t like me. I can’t believe she knew Block-B. They were B.A.P’s enemy. And always will be.

I wanted to punch him, to hurt him, and to make him regret everything he said. And then when Youngjae spoke up, in a way I was glad that he did because if I had said that, Eun Hae would not have liked it even more. But I also wished I’d done it so that she’ll see that I still truly and really cared about her, so that she would see that I was sincere in my apologies.

But I was really delighted when she gave me a chance to talk to her and was waiting anxiously for her . . . until she fainted in the library, that is.

Eun Hae stirred and I turned back to her. She was still asleep. Her beauty was so captivating that I could tell why Zico wanted her that badly. I stared at her long eyelashes, her long wavy hair, her almond-shaped eyes, her petite nose, her pink lips . . .

I leaned down to give a soft kiss on her cheek.

The door burst opened and I quickly sat up to see her boyfriend, Lu Han, eyeing suspiciously at me. I blushed, caught, and he came over to me. “She fainted,” I said before he could accuse me.

“I know,” he replied curtly. He pushed me aside and I raised an eyebrow at his rudeness. But he paid no attention to that as he gently her hair, kissing her nose. “Eun Hae, I’m sorry I forgot to remind you take your medicine to school with you today,” he murmured softly, kissing her eyes.

I was surprised to see the tender look in his eyes and felt this pang of pain my heart. He really does care about her . . . maybe more than I do.

Eun Hae stirred again and her eyes fluttered opened. She looked confused at first but then she smiled when she recognized Lu Han. She reached out a weak hand to cup his face and his hand reached out to hold her wrist, pressing his head to her palm. “Lu Han . . .” she whispered adoringly.

He kissed her lightly on the lips. “You scared me,” he murmured.

“I’m sorry.”

He shook his head and smiled softly. “Gwaenchanhaya,” he replied. He sat down next to her and she moved her head to rest on his stomach.

“I didn’t mean to worry you.”

“It’s not your fault.”

I felt this surge or jealously overwhelming me as I watched the sweet couple. They looked really in love. I was supposed to be by her side when she woke up. She was supposed to be with me when her eyes opened!

“Where’s Daehyun?”

I looked up, my heart skipping a beat.

Lu Han reluctantly glanced over at me. Eun Hae followed my gaze. I cautiously walked over to her. “How are you?” I asked her.

“I’m sorry.”

I knew what she was apologizing for. “It’s not your fault,” I told her. “We’ll talk some other day, okay?”

She nodded.

The doctor came in and looked surprised to find two guys fawning over Eun Hae. “Oh, er,” he said uncomfortably. “I’m so sorry but we’re only allowed to have three visitors at the same time, and there are two people outside looking for her.”

I saw that Lu Han didn’t want to leave her. I didn’t want to, either, but since he just got here, and Eun Hae looked very comfortable in his arms, I decided to leave.

When I walked out of the room, I bumped into the two other visitors and gasped when I recognized them. They looked at me and frowned as if they were trying to see if they knew who I was.

What are they doing here?

Before I had time to wonder, they walked in the room.

I frowned.

This can’t be good.

 

Lu Han’s POV

I was wishing that Daehyun had put up a fight and stayed back so her parents couldn’t come in to see her. Apparently neither did Eun Hae.

“Umma, Appa . . . what are you doing here?”

“We came to see you, silly,” her mother replied.

Her dad looked at the doctor who was flipping through the pages on his clipboard, all jumpy and fidgety. “How is she?” he wanted to know. “When is she discharged from the hospital?”

“She’s still weak, but she can be discharged in two days’ time,” the doctor replied. “She has to make sure she eats her medicine on time.”

“Heh,” she said guiltily.

“If I may suggest,” the doctor went on, “that she should be confined inside her house for a week because she is still weak and if she is exposed so soon, it is very easy for her to get sick again.”

I looked at her and she rolled her eyes. But I was frowning. She had just recently recovered and then she went out to school almost immediately when she wasn’t even fully healed just yet. This girl . . .

He looked at her and frowned. “You know that, right?”

“Aiiieee . . .” she winced and I glared at her.

She knew she wasn’t supposed to go out of the house for a week after falling sick and she still went out to school? Very daring, this girl. Aish, she’ll be the death of me, seriously.

“Does this mean she won’t be going to school?” her mother asked and he nodded.

“Waaee?!” she pouted like a small child.

I rolled my eyes and pinched her cheeks. “Do you want to come back to the hospital so soon if we simply let you go back to school?” I asked her.

She turned to me, looking unhappy. She may not have the best grades and she may usually fail her exams although she does try her best, but she’s a er for perfect attendance and missing two weeks of school because of suspension, she did not want to miss any more classes.

Then Eun Hae looked at me. “Does this mean that you will have to stay home and look after me?” she asked with a thoughtful frown. “But then you won’t be able to go to work, and neither will I be able to.”

I just shrugged. “Then I won’t go to work.”

“Hang on.”

We turned to her mother who had spoken up. She looked back and forth between the two of us. “Your boyfriend should go to work. But you have to stay home to rest. And you need someone to take care of you since Lu Han obviously can’t,” she said to her.

I opened my mouth to protest but Eun Hae beat me to it.

Eun Hae darted her mother a look. “No, Umma, you are not coming to my house every day to take care of me,” she told her mother.

“I was actually thinking you move back in with us.”

I gaped at Mrs. Jung, dumbfounded, while Eun Hae blinked once, too shock to display any type of emotions on her face. But then she frowned thoughtfully, actually considering that option.

“Hmmm,” she mused, tapping her chin with a finger.

I knew she was going to say yes.

She turned to me quizzically. “I don’t want you to be alone.”

“I’ll be fine. You need someone to look after you,” I replied, kissing her forehead. “Besides, this could be your chance to see if your parents are actually sincere in wanting you back into the family.”

She nodded. “Good point,” she admitted. She took a deep breath and turned toward her mother and father, nodding her head at them. “I’ll come back and stay with you, for only this week,” she added.

Her mother nodded enthusiastically while her father murmured under his breath, “Darling, I hope you’ll change your mind to forever.”

I didn’t tell her, for his sake.

 

Two days later she was discharged and I sent her to her parents’ house. She and I gasped when we stood outside the house — or mansion, we should call it. I remembered Eun Hae telling me that her parents renovated their house. But I could tell she didn’t expect it to be so fancy and so posh like this.

It was HUGE!

A maid opened the door and bowed. “Welcome home, Miss Jung,” she said shyly. “Your mother is in the kitchen and your father is out, but your mother told me to direct you to your room where you can rest. She will come upstairs to your room with your food in a few minutes.” She stepped aside to let us in.

She led us to her room. She opened the door and we stepped inside. She bowed politely and closed the door behind us as we glanced around the room.

Let me describe her room.

The moment we stepped her room, at the right end, was her queen-sized bed draped in aqua bed sheets, with her light blue blanket over, her pillows with blue cases as well. It was pushed up against the wall, facing us, where the windows were placed at the headboard. Her windows had blue curtains falling down, dancing with the wind that was blowing in. At the opposite corner of her bed, was her television. It was a plasma screen television, stuck to the wall. Below the plasma screen was a cupboard filled with possible movies she would like to watch. At our left, at the top corner, was the door to her bathroom. Next to her bathroom, nearer to us, was her walk-in closet. Next to the closest was her study desk. The desk was cleared except for a laptop sitting nicely on the table.

Wow.

Then I looked straight ahead at the space between the bathroom and the bed, where there was a bookcase filled with books for her age, photo frames, and at the top shelves were soft toys which I guessed belonged to her.

Eun Hae’s widened. “Those were my soft toys . . .” she said softly, she said walking over to the bookcase.

I was right.

I followed her. I was looking at pictures of her when she was a small kid. I smiled. She looked so cute back then. Then I spotted a picture of what she would have been a baby back then, with someone else with her, a boy from what it looked like.

I pointed to that picture and she glanced over. “Is that Changjo?” I asked her even though it didn’t really look like him. My eyes went higher and I saw another picture of her with another guy but this time I could see that that boy was clearly Changjo. “Okay, if this picture is of you with Changjo, who’s that boy?” I turned to Eun Hae.

Her eyes softened when she looked at the picture. “That was me and my brother,” she said in a soft and almost affectionate voice.

“Your brother?”

She sighed. “He had the same condition as me,” she whispered, her eyes tearing. “But sadly he didn’t live long like I did. He passed away when I was six. He was eight then.”

“Wow.”

She sighed. “I honestly don’t remember the details. All I remembered was that I used to have a brother and then one day my parents came home and told me that he was up in heaven.” Eun Hae wiped her tears away. “But that was strange because I don’t remember him being sick then. Umma told me that it was a sudden death and that nobody was expecting it.”

I hugged her tightly in my arms and she rested her head on my shoulder. I kissed her forehead, feeling really bad for her. She lost her brother, then her parents kicked her out, and just when things were going okay, B.A.P ruined her life as well.

She went through such a tough time that sometimes I wondered how she managed to keep that smile on her face, how she managed to stay strong throughout all of these bad things that kept happening to her.

I looked at her with a new respect.

She’s the strongest girl I know.

We walked to her bed and we both got in under the covers. Eun Hae hugged my waist and I nuzzled her head. She kissed my jaw and I turned my head to kiss her on the lips. Suddenly she crawled onto my lap and I placed a hand on her waist with the other in her hair and she wrapped her arms around my neck, straddling my waist. Our tongues fought for dominance but I decided to let her win. I groaned, feeling myself growing hard as Eun Hae accidentally rubbed her on my member, causing it to jolt.

“Eun Hae, I made — omo!”

We quickly pulled apart to see Eun Hae’s mother by the door, holding a tray of chicken porridge in her hand, her eyes wide as she saw us making out. Eun Hae and I blushed furiously as she got off me. I covered the obvious tent between my legs as Mrs. Jung came over to set the tray of food on her study table. She muttered a quick “Get well soon and I hope you like your room” before she left the room.

“Well, that was awkward,” Eun Hae muttered once she was gone.

I kissed her forehead. “Mmm, after you eat, take your medicine. I’ll be going once you’ve eaten your medicine,” I told her. “I’ve got to go to work.”

She pouted. “Will I see you tonight?” she wanted to know, meaning that I’d appear in front of her at night when her parents have gone to bed. “I don’t want you to be lonely.”

“Why I do I feel like I’m Edward and you’re Bella?” I asked her back. “You know . . . Edwards visit Bella in front of Charlie, but at night when Charlie is fast asleep, Edward climbs up the tree outside Bella’s bedroom and then they sleep and cuddle up with each other during the night?”

She scrunched her nose up. “You’re comparing me to Bella?”

“Of course you’re so much beautiful and a thousand times better,” I said quickly.

“Well, you’re so not Edward,” she replied. “For once, you don’t glitter in the sun.”

I laughed.

“Another thing, Edward’s a gentleman. You’re a ert.”

I kissed her lips. “Face it, this ert is hotter and ier than Edward Cullen and you like him better,” I murmured. “I think you’re definitely way better than Bella.”

“I better be, or else I think I’ll go look for Zico.”

I glared at her. “That’s not even something to joke about.”

“So’s comparing me to Bella,” she replied seriously. She got up and walked over to where her porridge was. She turned to me. “Do I really need to eat my medicine afterward?”

“Don’t look too hopeful,” I told her. “I’m staying until I’ve made sure you’ve eaten your medicine.”

“Aish,” she scowled, knowing that she can’t get out of this.

But I was frowning, looking around. I just hope that she’ll be okay in the house alone when I can’t be with her.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ooohh, she moved back in with her parents ._.

Tsk, Lu Han the ert xDD