Unexpected Guest

The Heartbreaker's Game 2: What is Love?

Eun Hae’s POV

I was still sick the next day and it was Monday. I had school. But I did not want to skip one day of school, not after missing two weeks because stupid Bang Yongguk got me suspended from school earlier. I got up the usual time and was surprised to find Lu Han wide awake, watching me as I slept. It might sound scary to see that someone was watching you as you slept, and maybe a bit stalkerish, but it felt so normal to me. Lu Han was . . . adorable.

“You’re not going to school,” he said before I could even say anything. “I know what you are thinking about. You’re not going to school, darling. You’re still sick.”

“But I’m not missing anymore school days!” I protested.

Lu Han pinned me down in bed, hovering above me. He shook his head slightly, looking incredibly y with that smirk. “No.”

I gnashed my teeth in frustration and pushed him off. I got out of bed and made a beeline for the bathroom when I found myself being pulled back by an invisible force and found myself sitting in his lap, his arms wrapped tightly around my neck. Then he twirled me over and pinned me down again.

“No.” He smiled at me, his eyes twinkling, and I momentarily forgot to breathe and even forgot my own name. 

He was so . . . ohmygod.

He leaned forward and kissed my neck, on my sweet spot, his fingers burying into my hair. “If you don’t go to school today, you get to spend the whole day with me,” he whispered into my ears huskily. He stared into my eyes beseechingly.

Omo . . .

I nodded slowly.

Damn, his iness and aegyo are a double kill.

He kissed me deeply and pulled me closer to him, groping my s gently in a loving and tender way. He slipped his hands under my shirt and I felt this spark of electricity flowing all over my body when he touched my bare skin. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him fiercely, our tongues fighting for dominance.

Then I pulled away and coughed.

He laughed, getting off me. “Way to ruin the moment,” he teased lightly as he nibbled my earlobe. “Mmm. . . .”

I blushed, feeling this tingling feeling all over my body. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer. He rolled over until I was on top of him. I smiled, sitting up to look at him. He smiled back, reaching out to hand my hands, his thumb gently caressing my wrists as he looked so lovingly in my eyes.

“Ahem,” someone cleared his throat.

We looked up and our jaws dropped when we saw an unexpected visitor standing by the door, leaning against the frame with his arms folded across his chest with a smirk playing on his lips. “I hope that I didn’t come at a bad time,” Kris said casually.

I blushed and got off Lu Han.

Lu Han, however, didn’t look too happy to see him. “Gege, what are you doing here?” he asked, trying to keep a tone of politeness in his voice.

“Annyeonghasaeyo, Kris-sshi,” I greeted him politely.

“Yah, I told you to call me oppa,” Kris teased and I blushed while Lu Han glowered at him. He shrugged. “Can’t I just drop by whenever I can? Must I need a reason to visit?”

“Yes,” Lu Han muttered and I nudged him.

I smiled warmly at Kris. “Of course not. Lu Han’s all better now.” I sneezed and coughed. I looked up and grinned sheepishly at him. “Heh. . . .”

“You’re sick.”

It was a statement, not a question.

I nodded, rubbing my already-red nose. “I think I got the flu from Lu Han,” I told him.

“Right.” Kris didn’t offer anything else.

Lu Han shot him a look. “Is there anything you need since you are here?” he asked pointedly. “If not, we were actually in the middle of something.”

“Actually, I need to talk to your girlfriend.”

“B – Bwoh?” I blurted out. Kris needed to talk to me? But, what for? I wrecked my brains to think of all the possible reasons he could want to talk me about but nothing but blank came up into my mind.

Lu Han eyed him suspiciously. “Well, she’s here.”

“Alone,” Kris replied evenly, not deterred by Lu Han’s rudeness. Even though Lu Han told me he was older, Kris seemed to have a lot of authority over Lu Han.

Lu Han sighed and kissed my forehead before he walked out of the room and Kris came over to sit by the edge of my bed after closing the door behind him. He reached out to touch my knee in what seemed to be a comforting way. “How are you?”

“Sick.”

He made a face. “Obviously.”

I shrugged.

“How are your parents?” he asked. “When will you reply to them?”

“How did you . . .?” I started to ask but then I remembered what his second power was. “You went through my memory when you touched me on my knee just now, didn’t you?” I exclaimed accusingly.

He held his hands up good-naturedly. “Caught red-handed,” he said with a smile. Somehow, the smile did not match his eyes. “I wanted to know if you and Lu Han had done anything yet,” he explained. “It looked as though you didn’t.”

“Couldn’t you have just asked me about it instead of looking into my memory to know if we did or not?” I asked, annoyed. I felt like this was an invasion of privacy and it’s not something I can do about it.

“Would you have told me?”

“Yes.”

He looked seriously at me. Then he burst out laughing, shaking his head at me. “You’re a really, really bad liar,” he replied.

I blushed. Damn, he can now tell whether I’m lying or not? Seriously, this guy is really good at this.

“You’re just very easy to read,” he went on.

“Tell me, do you have a third power, that’s called mind-reading?” I snapped. “You seem to know exactly what I am thinking.”

He chuckled lightly. “No, I don’t have any third power,” he reassured me. “Like I said, you’re just very easy to read.”

I scowled, unimpressed.

“So, why haven’t you and Lu Han done it yet?” he wanted to know.

“Can I not answer? Why should I tell you, anyway?”

“Because I’m curious,” he replied.

I sighed. This guy is infuriating. “We’re taking it slow,” I told him. “Lu Han promised he’ll wait for me until I’m ready.”

Kris scoffed. “That doesn’t sound like the Lu Han I know. Normally he would be sleeping with a girl multiple times by now.”

I squirmed. I knew that Lu Han wasn’t , but the fact that Kris was saying it so openly was a little bit . . . uncomfortable. Plus, it sort of made me jealous that other girls had seen him before I had . . .

Wait, what am I thinking?

I looked at Kris and saw this glint of mischief in his eyes. He had purposely said that to make me feel jealous in hopes that I would give it to Lu Han because I felt left out. I scowled. “It worked for a bit,” I told him.

“Aww, shucks.”

I rolled my eyes.

He frowned at me, turning back to his serious self. “You must be a rare case if he doesn’t feel rushed in doing it yet,” he mused thoughtfully. He muttered something in Chinese, which I totally did not understand at all. So infuriating, speaking in a language he knew I wouldn’t be able to understand.

I shrugged. “I don’t know either. Sometimes I still find it hard to believe that Lu Han actually likes me back. It feels so surreal.”

“Mmm.” Kris just scrutinized my face, not saying anything. His gaze was hard and intense and it made me squirm in my seat, growing a little uncomfortable, being under his gaze. He scooted closer a bit. “What are you going to do about your parents, Eun Hae?” he wanted to know.

I shook my head. “Molla. What should I do? I’m not even sure if they mean what they said about wanting me back and missing me. I mean, they abandoned me and told me they hated me and all.”

“Well, sometimes it takes people a long time to realize their mistake,” Kris replied softly, as if he was speaking from experience. “Maybe all this time your parents were living in ignorant when they felt something was missing and they realized it was you. Now they want you back, and they’re hoping they’re not too late.”

I looked at him. He doesn’t seem as though he was giving me advice, but more like he was talking about himself. I wonder what he meant by that. But in a way, he was right. I mean, look at B.A.P.

“I’ll try calling them later,” I told him. “I mean, it wouldn’t hurt to ask and check around to see if they really changed, right?”

He nodded and ruffled my hair playfully before he stood up. “I’ll visit you soon,” h said before he walked out of the room.

 

Lu Han’s POV

I looked up the moment the door opened and I saw this faint, distant and almost wistful look on Kris’ face. I wonder what he and Eun Hae talked about to get this look on his face. I mean, it was rare Kris displayed any signs of emotions. He always tried his best to keep his cool, putting his mask on.

Whatever Eun Hae said must have had softened him or something. I seriously wonder what. No one could get him to get that look . . . until now, that is.

But then when he looked at me, the look vanished and the Kris I knew came back. He strolled over to me.

“What did you two talk about?” I asked him.

“Nothing much,” he replied, shrugging nonchalantly, which basically meant that he wasn’t going to tell me what they talked about.

Figures. I should have seen that coming.

He looked at me and I knew what was coming so I braced myself. He was going to ask me why it was taking so long to get in her pants already. And I’m going to have to think of a quick answer for that one otherwise he will get mad and be disappointed and then make me feel guilty for letting him down.

“Are you in love with Eun Hae?” he asked me.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Uh-oh, did Kris guess? Why is he here anyway? >.<