Exo-M's Powers

The Heartbreaker's Game 2: What is Love?

Lu Han’s POV

I was humming a song into her ears when I heard noises coming from outside the living room and frowned. Who could be here this time? It sounded more than one person. They were making so much noise that Eun Hae was starting to stir in her sleep. I did not like to see her stirring in her sleep. So I decided to check it out.

I walked out of the room, closing the door shut quietly before I turned around to see who was here. My mouth dropped opened to see all my friends fearfully standing in the middle of the living room. “What the are you doing here?” I asked them.

“Lu Han!” my friends squealed, coming over to hug me.

I pushed them away with my powers and stopped and groaned when they hit the force and began complaining about the pain. “Shut up, Eun Hae is sleeping!” I hissed angrily at them and they immediately shut up. I frowned. “What are you guys doing here? Does dui zhang know? Why do you look as if you’re on the run?”

“We are on the run,” Chen replied. “We’re on the run from dui zhang.”

“What the hell?”

Lay quickly explained to me everything that had happened ever since I came down here for the Games and when he got to the part where Kris actually locked them up, my mouth was literally hanging open. And I still couldn’t believe that they actually did what they did to him just to break free.

They’re crazy.

No, they’ve gone insance.

“We need a place to stay,” XiuMin begged, clasping his hands together and shaking them back and forth. “Please let us stay here.”

“No.”

“WHY NOT?” they asked, frowning and looking betrayed, sounding desperate. “Are we not your friends? Have we not helped you when you needed us to help? So why can’t you help us now?”

Because this isn’t my apartment so I’m in no position to say anything, because then you’ll invade my privacy with Eun Hae, because you might accidentally let slip about the Game in front of Eun Hae, because there aren’t enough rooms — in fact there’s only one other spare room — and there’s four of you.

And because I just don’t want you.

I opened my mouth to list down all the reasons I just thought about in my head. “Because —” I started to say but I was cut off.

“We won’t breathe a word about the Games,” Lay promised.

“We’ll sleep together in that cramped spare room,” XiuMin added. “As long as I get my baos, of course.” Lay scoffed and rolled his eyes behind him.

“We promise that we’ll be good,” Chen pleased.

“And we won’t flirt with Eun Hae if it’ll make you jealous,” Tao added.

I shook my head and was about to tell them no again when they stopped what they were doing and froze. Before I had time to understand their reaction, I felt a pair around my hands and turned to see Eun Hae next to me, her eyes wide at my friends. Damn, did we wake her up from the noise we were making? I’m going to kill my friends, those idiots.

“Did we wake you up?”

She looked up to me and then at my friends. She blinked before she turned back to me. “Are they your friends?” she asked softly. “And . . . yeah, you guys were kinda loud.” She tried to laugh it off but I frowned, knowing that she was still tired.

I sighed, glaring at them. Great, they woke her up! I hugged her back and nodded. “Yeah, they are,” I muttered half-heartedly. “Unfortunately.”

“Yah!”

Eun Hae looked at each one of them. “More aliens,” I heard her muttering. She sighed before she looked at them and smiled. “I’m Eun Hae,” she said.

Lay held out his hand to shake her hand. “We know. Lu Han can’t stop talking about you,” he said to her in Korean, giving me a little wink.

I glared at him while the other three idiots sniggered and gave each other low-fives. I glanced over at Eun Hae and saw that she was blushing. She looked at me and I felt my own cheeks growing hot.

“Anyway, I’m Lay,” Lay went on, smiling at her. “Actually, my real name is Yixing, but they call me Lay. You can call me Lay, too.”

“What’s your power?” she wanted to know.

He smiled. “Healing.”

I remembered the time he came over and healed my flu just a day before her school’s dance, just so I was able to take her to the dance. And the night of the dance was when I asked her to be my girlfriend. And then that night when Eun Hae was drunk and nearly slept with Zico, Lay came and healed her of her hangover so that she was able to go to school the next day since she had just served her two weeks of suspension.

I really owe a lot to Lay.

Eun Hae frowned thoughtfully and then gasped. Then she looked over at me. “Your flu . . . my hangover . . . did you call your friend to heal me?”

Damn, I’d forgotten she has a sharp mind.

I shot Lay a look who looked surprised before turning back to her and smiled. “I always did admire your sharp mind,” I replied instead.

She shook her head. “Thank you,” she murmured.

“For what?”

“You know . . . because you had the flu and you promised you’d take me to dance and you were worried that you couldn’t because you were sick . . . and then the day I had a hangover, if you hadn’t called your friend to heal me I would have missed out on what I would have learned in school, after already missing two weeks.”

I took her hand and squeezed it gently. I kissed her temple. “Anything for you,” I murmured. From the corner of my eyes, I saw my friends shooting each other questioning looks about my act toward her.

Finally Chen came up to introduce himself next. “I’m Chen, or Jondgae, and my power is lightning,” he said to her, shaking hands with her.

“Really?” she asked, sounding interested. “That seems so cool.”

He nodded shyly.

Tao bounced up to her, looking too happy to see her. I narrowed my eyes in suspicion. “Hello, Jung Eun Hae!” he said, a little way too overly enthusiastic and a little too loudly. “My name is Huang Zitao but you can call me Tao. I’m the youngest member of Exo-M, and my power is time control!”

I glowered at him. “She’s not deaf, you don’t have to talk to her so loud.” I raised my hand and used the force to push him away from her as he was standing a bit too close for comfort to Eun Hae. “And have you ever heard of personal space?”

Eun Hae giggled as Tao whined. “You’re funny,” she commented.

Tao beamed and stuck his tongue out at me. “You see! Your girlfriend thinks I’m funny! Lu Han Gege, can she be my girlfriend instead of yours? She is pretty.”

I shot him a dark look before he could even dare try using his aegyo on me. “You try and you’d be burn to crisp by the dragon and I wll not stop him,” I snarled.

He shrank back with fear and looked over at XiuMin for help.

XiuMin smiled friendlily at Eun Hae as he came over to him. “My name is XiuMin and I love baos,” he said, giving her a big smile, making his bun-like cheeks chubbier than ever.

She giggled. “What’s your power? Making buns appear out of nowhere?”

He frowned. “I wish I have that power,” he replied. “Then I’d be the happiest man in the world!” He threw his arms out in the air with a goofy grin on his face.

“He would also be the fattest,” Tao muttered under his breath and he exchanged low-fives with Chen, who was standing next to him.

XiuMin was still lost in his daydream.

Chen smacked his head and turned to face Eun Hae. “Just mention that B word and this baozi goes crazy,” he chuckled. “Anyway, his power is ice.”

“You guys sure have a lot of interesting powers,” Eun Hae remarked wistfully, looking at each of us. “It makes me lame next to you.”

“Oh, but you’re so pretty!” Tao rebuked. “I think that’s enough power.”

She blushed. “Thanks.”

He beamed at her. “You know, you’ve got a nice smile. It’s so pretty, I could stare at it all day long,” he said, earning a glare from him.

Eun Hae reeled back, her eyebrows pulled together in puzzlement. “Uh . . . thanks, I guess,” she mumbled, looking awkward.

I lowered my eyes to him. “I thought you said that if you wanted to stay, you wouldn’t flirt with her?” I asked him in Chinese.

He shrugged. “She’s so pretty,” he remarked shamelessly back in Chinese.

“And you’re so dead.” I took a step toward him.

His eyes went wide and he hid behind the person nearest to him. “Gege! Don’t kill me! XiuMin Gege, save me!” he begged but it was useless to call XiuMin. XiuMin was still daydreaming and Tao scoffed with disgust at his useless bodyguard.

Eun Hae turned to Chen and Lay. “So . . . what brings you guys here?”

“We, er, had to get away from Exo for the time being and we needed a place to crash so we thought of coming here, since Lu Han Gege is here,” Chen explained.

“Ah, I see. . . . Well, I’m afraid I don’t have much space in my house so I am not sure if we can fit all of you here,” Eun Hae told them regretfully.

“Well, then two of us will sleep in the spare room, the other two will sleep out here on the couch,” Lay compromised, looking around. “Please?”

Eun Hae looked at me.

“It’s your call, this is your house,” I told her. “But I will be honest. I’m not exactly happy to see them here as I get enough of them in Exo.”

“Yah!”

Eun Hae looked at them and I saw the look in her eyes. I groaned inwardly, knowing what her answer was going to be. Of course she would say yes. She’s too nice, always having such a big heart.

Eun Hae, you idiot. Are you really going to let five guys live with you? We’re not close to you like B.A.P were. How could you just let four strangers come in? What if they decided to gang you? I am one, and they are four. They have better advantage than me if we were all normal human beings with no super powers, whatever. Are you really going to take that risk?

She nodded. “Sure.”

“Thank you. Eun Hae!” XiuMin, Chen, Lay and Tao cried with sheer happiness. They clung onto each other and danced around.

I shook my head and looked at her. “You’re making a huge mistake by saying yes,” I told her and she shrugged. I turned back to my friends. “You do know that this will be the first place dui zhang comes looking for you guys?”

Their faces paled.

Eun Hae frowned. “Why?” she asked. “What did they do?”

“They made him furious at them,” I explained and they shuddered, remembering the horror they were put through. “And when he’s angry, no matter what anyone says to try calming him down, it’s no use. And when he’s angry, he’ll turn into a —”

I couldn’t even finish my sentence before we saw this familiar light in the room, glowing with different colors like pink, purple, red, blue and green. And then we saw this dark figure with fire coming out from its mouth. followed by this loud roar.

“Eeep!” the four idiots cried and ran to the guest room, locking the door behind them as they did.

Eun Hae screamed as a dragon Kris appeared in front of us. This was Eun Hae’s first time seeing a dragon behind Kris’ back so it was understandable when she ran over to me and hid behind my back. It was even scary with a glow of fire lighting up around him, with his feet in the air, his wings flapping.

I looked at Kris who looked furious, beyond mad. “Dui zhang,” I said in Chinese, trying not to let my fears show. “You’re not going to kill them just because they wanted to make new friends for a change, are you?”

Me and my big mouth.

Kris glared down at me. “Where are they?” he wanted to know, his voice deep and echoed through the dragon that he was at the moment. He was really scary.

Eun Hae whimpered softly and clung onto my shirt from behind tightly. She buried her head in my back, hugging me tightly.

“Stop it, dui zhang, you’re scaring Eun Hae.”

“Where are they?” he asked again, flame breathing out from the dragon’s nostril from behind him. It was a good thing the fire won’t harm nor destroy anything in the house and that it wouldn’t sent aflame on things it touched; thank goodness that Kris’ power isn’t fire. Imagine if it was; it’d be a whole lot scarier.

“Tell me where they are now or I’ll tear down the house!” His voice was rumbling and I could feel Eun Hae’s trembling hands that were clutching tightly onto my T-shirt behind my back. She was quaking with fear.

I didn’t want to see Eun Hae like this and I knew that Kris will really carry out his threat if he does not get what he wanted. He may not be able to light everything on fire, but he can destroy everything by clawing them out with the dragon’s claws. So I pointed to the door.

I’m sorry you guys, but I have to do what is right. I have to protect my Eun Hae from dui zhang, even if it means making you guys pay the price.

“Lu Han!” she gasped, staring at me in disbelief, aghast. “How could you betray your own friends just like that? That is just wrong!”

“Trust me,” I muttered as Kris roared, flying toward the door, “you don’t want to cross him when he’s like this. Kris never listened to anybody when he was in his dragon mood. In this state, he’s uncontrollable. The best thing is to let him calm down himself. Once, Lay tried to calm him down and nearly got burned to crisp if XiuMin hadn’t been there to turn the fire balls into ice — no, Eun Hae!”

Eun Hae broke free from me and ran toward him.

She tugged on his leg, begging him to come down. I held my breath as Kris turned toward her instead, his eyes glowering piercingly at her. he raised a hand and the dragon’s claw reached out, its sharp nails baring.

He’s going to scratch Eun Hae . . .

I couldn’t move my feet. I couldn’t even speak out. All I could do was watch as his hand came down, my eyes widened with terror, hoping he does not do it. Eun Hae, however, being so oblivious, didn’t notice his hand coming down at her and continued tugging onto him. “Kris Oppa, don’t! Don’t hurt them! Whatever thing they had wronged you; it’s not the answer to hurt them back! Stop this! Don’t hurt them!”

Kris suddenly stopped. He stared at her, stunned, before he dropped his hand and the dragon began to fade away until Kris became nothing but the mere leader he was before.

I gaped at him.

Did Kris, who never listened to anyone when he was in his dragon mode, just listened to Eun Hae and calmed down immediately?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh my Exo! ._.

Did Kris really stopped because of her?!

Tsk, Lay and Tao, the flirts, making Lu Han jealous xD