The End of KaiSeul?

The Heartbreaker's Game 2: What is Love?

Kai’s POV

There, I said it. I told her what I had been dreading to tell her. I have finally told Daeseul my true identity, that I’m not human, that I’m actually an alien. Will she still want to be with me?

Daeseul stared at me incredulously, blinking at me a couple of times. She stood there, speechless and I knew she was trying to gather her thoughts straight. “What?” she finally managed to choke out.

I closed my eyes, my heart beating wildly against my chest. My entire body was numb. I couldn’t move at all. I was . . . scared. I was scared that I might lose her. “I’m an alien.”

“What do you mean by that, Kai Oppa? Alien? Where is the logic? How can you be an alien when you . . . when you . . .?” she faltered, her eyes now filled with fear as she took a couple of steps back from me.

“I know that I look human and that I look perfectly fine and all, yes, but . . . I come from a planet called Exo,” I explained. How did Lu Han tell Eun Hae he was an alien? Now I wished I had asked them earlier.

What?

I nodded. “Planet Exo is too far away and have yet to be discovered by Earthlings,” I told her. “People from Exo are the same like people here on Earth, but at the same time, they are also very different.”

“Different how?”

“We are faster, strong, and even better-looking.” I shrugged. “We even have powers.”

“Powers?” she repeated, dumbfounded.

I closed my eyes and appeared behind her. she turned and gasped when she saw that I was directly behind her. she was about to reach out to touch me but I had already vanished back to the spot where I was standing previously. “I can even make things appear before me,’ I went on and a bouquet of flowers appeared in my hands. I handed it over to her.

Daeseul could only gape at me.

I wanted to walk over to her, to put my arms around her and tell her that she had nothing to worry about, but I was scared that she might get scared and freak out so I remained where I was standing. When I told Eun Hae about my powers, she didn’t freak out so much because she already knew that aliens existed because Lu Han had told her about it first. But Daeseul, she staggered a few steps back until her legs hit the bed’s legs and she fell backward on the bed. She looked scared.

I dared to take a step toward her.

She flinched. “Please don’t hurt me.”

“I won’t,” I promised.

Her eyes wide with fear, she moved further down to her bed as if she was looking for something she could grab onto, to attack me with if I planned to harm her. “Why are you here?” she asked. “What do you want from me? Were you lying about your feelings for me too?” Her voice shook at every question.

“No, my feelings for you are very real!” I exclaimed. ‘I came here for a while, you know, to live and gain experience of being an Earthling for awhile. Then I met you and suddenly I feel like I want to stay here forever — with you,” I told her.

She shrank back and I knew that she was going to break down any moment. “Oh my God,” she muttered under her breath. “Ohmaigawd! You’re an alien! Alien — errhmagerd! I kissed a friggin’ alien!” She shook her head. “This is too weird. Aliens were just . . . stories we created. They can’t be real.”

“But I’m here,” I argued.

She shook her head again, pressing her hands to . “Omo, ottoke? Why . . . how . . . this is . . . crazy.” She looked at me. “You . . . alien . . .” She was freaking out so much that she couldn’t even manage to string the words together to form a proper sentence. I knew that all her thoughts were jumbled up and they were trying to rearrange themselves to make sense.

I nodded. “Daeseul ah,” I said softly and cringed when I saw her flinching. “I didn’t want to tell you because I was scared that you might freak out but I needed to tell you. I needed to tell you what I am.”

“Errhmageerrdd, ottoke? This is unreal!” She pulled her knees to her chest and buried her face, her hair falling down. She looked up to me.

I took a step closer.

“Please, no!” she cried out, holding her hand out to me. “Don’t  . . . come closer.”

I was hurt that she didn’t want me but I nodded. Maybe I should leave her alone to think. “Daeseul ah . . . I may not be from Earth and you might not believe me but do believe me when I say that I really and truly love you.” With that, I teleported myself back to my room in my own apartment.

I could hear my friends talking and laughing outside my room. I didn’t want to see them.

“I told you so.”

I jumped and turned to see Suho in front of me, folding his arms across his chest. He had a frown on his face. “Hyung!” I exclaimed.

“I told you so,” he repeated and stood up straighter. “I told you that she might freak out and reject you and that she’s not going to want —”

“For once,” I growled, cutting him off, not caring if he was my leader; I was really tired of him already, “I would really like and appreciate it if you wouldn’t criticize me all the time and try to encourage me instead and make me feel like I actually like you.”

Suho gaped at me, not believing that I would dare talk back to him like that but I was tired and I didn’t need to hear it from him.

“In fact, I’d really like it if you’re leave me alone,” I went on.

He frowned but disappeared and I laid down in my bed, exhausted and upset. I  could not sleep, I kept tossing and turning in my bed.

What have I done to my relationship with Daeseul?

 

Eun Hae’s POV

I couldn’t sleep at night. I kept tossing and turning. So I decided to get up and get myself a drink and maybe even watch television for a while until I started to get sleepy. I frowned when I heard the television being outside in the living room.

That’s odd; Lu Han is sleeping peacefully in bed.

Cautiously I walked out to the living room — and found Kris staring blankly at the screen but I could tell that he wasn’t paying attention to anything that was showing on the screen at the moment.

He looked up and smiled when he saw me. “Hey, can’t sleep?”

I nodded. “What are you doing here?”

“I couldn’t sleep either so I thought maybe I’d come and crash for the night.” He gave me a smile.

I smiled back warmly at Kris. “I was going to make myself hot chocolate. Do you want some?” I asked him, gesturing toward the kitchen.

He nodded. “That would be nice.”

“All right, two hot chocolates coming right up!” I went to the kitchen and got two cups out and began making our drinks. How I wished I had Kai’s powers to make whatever I want to appear in front of me. then I could imagine two hot chocolates and it’d be done in no time. After five minutes, I brought the cups of steaming hot chocolate to the living room and handed one to Kris.

He took a sip and smiled. “Ah, this tastes nice.”

I smiled. “I’m glad you like it, Kris Oppa,” I said, sitting down next to him. I placed my cup gently on the coffee table so I wouldn’t spill.

Kris did the same before he leaned back and put his arm around my shoulders. I’m glad that we have gotten closer throughout the times whenever he would just come and appear whenever he wanted to.

“How are you?” he asked me, muting the television so that the two of us could talk. “You must be so happy to have your brother back.”

I frowned when I realized he had touched me just now and knew what he did. “You really need to stop checking my past,” I told him, clucking my tongue with disapproval.

He chuckled lightly but then he frowned. “Are you planning to tell Lu Han about your appointment with Doctor Kim?” he asked, narrowing his eyes at me.

“That was last week!”

“And you still didn’t tell him.”

“You really need to stop doing that to me.”

“I can’t.”

“Why not?”

“Because I like making you annoyed,” he replied and pulled me closer, ruffling my hair a bit. “You know . . . your parents are divorced.”

I nodded. “I knew that. Umma called me earlier and told me that Appa had somehow decided to sign the divorce papers, which is weird because I thought that he wasn’t ever going to do it,” I mused.

He shrugged. “Maybe he had a change of heart.”

I snorted. “Whatever, the divorce wasn’t really for me anyway. Umma and Appa lost custody of me when they let Aunty Yu Jun adopt from when they first kicked me out,” I replied. “But of course, they’re still my parents, as it was written in my birth certificate.”

He heaved a sigh for my sake and looked at me. I shrugged and we settled down to watching television.

 

Kris’ POV

I could see Eun Hae nodding her head sleepily and chuckled lightly. I then pushed her head down until her head on my lap. I grabbed the blanket and threw it over her body, making sure that she was warm.

I watched her, studying her as she slept. She was so peaceful, so beautiful. She really did remind me so much like her, in looks, that is.

Eun Hae ah . . . why do you make me care about you so much?

 

Eun Hae’s POV

The next morning, I woke up to see Lu Han crouching in front of me, his finger a few centimeters away from my nose. He blinked when he saw that I was awake and put his finger down to his sides. I quickly sat up and blushed when I realized I’d been sleeping on Kris’ lap the entire time.

I looked at Lu Han who was frowning with jealousy. “How dare you sleep with someone else who is not me, huh? Do you know how worried I was when I did not see you next to me but sleeping on his lap instead?” he murmured, standing up. He held a hand out and pulled me up on my feet and led me back to our room.

“Sorry,” I apologized. “I couldn’t sleep so I came out and found him out here.”

He sighed, shaking his head. “He has a habit of coming here whenever he pleases as if he owns this place,” he grumbled. He looked at me and frowned deeper. “You didn’t cheat on me, did you?”

I whacked him on his shoulder and he yelped from the pain. “Don’t be stupid!” I scolded my boyfriend. “I would never do that.”

“Good.” He kissed my temple and pulled me toward him. I closed my eyes and lifted my head to kiss him the same time he leaned down.

Suddenly my phone rang from my bedside drawer and I checked the ID caller. It was from Daeseul. I answered the call. “Yeobosaeyo?”

“Eun Hae, can you come over?” she asked with importance in her voice.

“Okay.” I hung up and looked at Lu Han. “I need to go over to Daeseul’s house now.”

He nodded. “I’ll drive.”

 

Twenty minutes later I was at her house. Once Jaehyo let me inside, I ran up to her room and found her sitting on her bed, her knees to her chest. I was immediately by her side. I touched her hand and she looked up. She looked scared.

“What’s the matter?” I asked her, alarmed.

She shook her head and tried to speak up. “K – Kai Oppa —” she stammered and broke off. “He —”

“Did he you?”

“N – No, he — he’s a — a . . . he’s an alien!”

I froze. He told her already? That was really fast.

“He’s an alien, can you believe that? He can teleport! He showed me his powers! He can even make things appear in front of him! He’s — ohmaigawd! Alien! I dated a hot alien! I cannot believe this!” she burst out. She looked at me. “Did you know about this? Can you believe it? He’s an alien yet he looked so human!” She laughed bitterly. “You must think that I’m being dumb right now, huh?”

She’s freaked out.

“I knew,” I said quietly.

She stopped. “You knew?”

Her jaws dropped and she stared at me, hurt. “What is this? You knew about it, that he’s an alien and you never told me about it?” She felt betrayed.

“Kai wanted to tell you himself, that’s why I didn’t tell you,” I quickly said, hoping that she would believe me. “Look, this shows that he loves you enough to want to tell you the truth, to want to be honest with you, that he trusts you enough too. He’s crazy about you.”

“But where’s the logic?”

“Why care about the logic when love is so much stronger?” I argued. “Look at it this way: we know that the galaxy is so big that even man hadn’t explored everywhere yet — and Exo just might be at the place where we haven’t been to just yet.”

Daeseul looked at me. “I – I guess . . .” she said slowly.

“Just give him a chance to prove to you that although he may not be human, he’s sure a damn good lover.” I sighed. “You know, Lu Han’s an alien too. He can control dreams and has the power of telekinesis — which is sometimes really annoying.”

Daeseul shook her head. “I cannot believe this,” she muttered.

“Believe in Kai,” I told her.

She glared at me. “How long did you know about this?”

I shrugged. “Well, Lu Han told me about it on the first day we met — only because he tried to use his powers to seduce me.” I shook my head. “He was always erted and and I don’t think that will change for a long time.” I sighed, shaking my head.

She struggled to accept this, I could tell. “Do you think that I should really believe him and give him another chance?” she asked me.

“Do you love him?”

“Yes.”

“Then yes.”

She hugged me. “I’m glad that I have you to keep me sane,” she said.

I scowled as I thought of Exo-M and Exo-K invading my life, followed by the drama of my parents, B.A.P and Block-B. She still want to say my life is sane? “Me? Sane? Try living with Lu Han. You are my only source of sanity I have left,” I told her.

She burst out laughing when she realized that it was so wrong. But then she paused. “I guess that I should talk to him about it, huh?” she said.

“Who, Lu Han? Yes, please. Tell him not to drive me insane every day,” I asked her.

“I meant Kai!”

“Ohhh . . . I knew that. Hehe,” I said sheepishly. I looked at her and I was glad that she was going to give Kai another chance.

KaiSeul are really perfect for each other.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eeheee (:

KaiSeul . . . ahhhh. I hope they make up soon!