Kris is Up to Something

The Heartbreaker's Game 2: What is Love?

No One’s POV

It was dead silent in the SM Building as it was only the leaders living there with the Minions. And that was why it was so quiet. No Chanyeol, Baekhyun, D.O, Sehun, XiuMin, Chen, Lay and Tao hanging around to make the usual noise SM Building was usually filled with. And it was really weird.

Kris went into the Hall and made a beeline for the computer that kept information of all data about everything and everyone you wanted to know. All around him, the Minions were busy at work, watching over the Game for him so he doesn’t miss out on anything. He drummed his fingers impatiently as he waited for the computer to blink to life. Once it did, he went to the search bar and typed in a name.

JUNG EUN HAE.

He didn’t know why, but something about that girl attracted him to her and he didn’t like the feeling. He hated that she was the only one who calmed him down when he was in the dragon mode. He didn’t understand why something about her sweet voice compelled him to stop doing whatever he was doing, stopped whatever he wanted to do.

There was something about Eun Hae that reminded him so strongly about her and it wasn’t because . . .

Results came and he searched through each and every result carefully and thoroughly, reading word for word. He even went through the pictures of her growing up from a baby until the age of eighteen at the current moment. Well, technically she was still seventeen. Her birthday was coming up in a month’s time.

He couldn’t believe how little of her he knew about. Even though he may have seen her life when he touched her, because there were too many, they flashed too fast, only those important memories of her clear. There were some minor where she couldn’t remember clearly, that was important to Kris as well.

But all the information of her was here, not just of her memories, but of her background, of her family’s background and everything relating to her. As he read on, he was gripped with fear as he realized just how . . . complicating doing this was making for the Game. Why didn’t he had known this before?

Now he knew things about Eun Hae who didn’t know herself and what he knew could actually change the Game. In fact, he was starting to regret ever choosing her and wished that he had picked another girl for her. Or had been ignorant and hadn’t looked up for more information about her background and it’s too late.

Just then the door burst opened and Suho walked in, looking really mad. He had managed to call a Minion to free him. Once he was free he decided to look for Kris to tell him about the new dilemma arising but Kris was so focused into what he was doing that he didn’t even hear him approaching.

“We have a —”

Startled by the sudden noise, Kris looked up and quickly turned the computer off. He looked up and grimaced at the sight of Suho. Suho eyed him suspiciously. “I wasn’t doing anything,” Kris lied.

He narrowed his eyes at him. Then he looked up and gasped. Kris looked up as well to see what had caused the other man to gasp and Suho quickly reached out to turn the computer back on to see what Kris was doing and hid from him the moment he appeared in front of the nervous Exo-M’s dui zhang.

“Yah!” Kris protested when he realized he’d been tricked. “Kim Joonmyeon, you sly bastard! How dare you trick me! You are going to pay for that!”

But it was too late.

Information of Eun Hae appeared on the screen and Suho managed to catch a glimpse of it for a brief two seconds before Kris switched it off again.

But those two seconds were enough.

Suho looked suspiciously at Kris. “Why are you stalking that girl?” he wanted to know. He knew Kris met her. “What’s so special about her that you needed to stalk her and search deep in her background?”

“I’m not stalking the girl.”

“Sure, you’re not,” Suho replied sarcastically, shooting him a withering look. He paused. “You’re not in love with her, are you?”

“No way,” he scoffed.

He scrutinized his enemy, wondering what to make of him looking for things about Eun Hae. He couldn’t see what exactly he was reading. All he saw was her name and knew that Kris was doing some background check on her — something neither of them had ever cared about doing because they felt like it wasn’t necessary.

Then something struck him.

“You know,” he spoke up casually. “When I first read her name, I didn’t get a good look of her face. But when Kai first saw her, I thought that she looked familiar, that she oddly reminded of someone I knew. Someone you obviously would know.” He smirked when he saw Kris getting uptight. “And now I’m like, hey, I know why I thought she looked familiar. It’s because she looked so much like —”

Kris flared up, standing up to face Suho, and swung his arms in his face, in which Suho had managed to smoothly dodge it.

He smiled as Kris, agitated, tried to come at him again but he just moved aside. He let out an amused laugh, knowing that it would only infuriate the dragon even more — but not enough to make him turn into a dragon.

You, of all people, should never speak of her name, you ing . Or have you forgotten?” Kris growled dangerously at him, getting ready to go into his dragon mode. He wished that Suho would make him angry so that he could become a dragon and murder him.

Suho wasn’t scared nor was he perturbed about it. “You’re getting too attached to her; and that’s a bad thing. You might end up caring for her and not want Lu Han to break her heart anymore. You know that Lu Han have to finish the Game now that he’s already winning.”

“If he’s already winning, why not we just forfeit the Game?” Kris asked, feeling slightly hopeful. Could they really cancel the Game like that?

Suho scowled, rolling his eyes at Kris. “Don’t you think that if it was allowed, I would have done it a long time ago when I realized that Kai isn’t playing the Game anymore?” he wanted to know.

Kris’ face fell. “So we can’t?”

“Rule Number Eight: Leaders are NOT allowed to do the job themselves even if they feel their representative is not up for it. Once chosen, you must play until you either win or lose,” Suho reminded him.

“They said we’re not allowed to do it ourselves.”

“That’s almost like interfering.”

Suddenly an idea began forming in Kris’ head and he got up, walking away from Suho to plan properly of his plan. Why didn’t he think of this earlier? It could work, and then the Game would not have happened.

Suho remembered why he had came looking for Kris. “Yah, we have a problem, you great big idiot!” he called out but it was no use.

Kris was gone.

“Aish,” he sighed, grabbing a fistful of hair before he tried to yank it out.

 

Kris opened a pothole and went inside. A few seconds later he was standing in the living room of Eun Hae’s apartment. Lu Han, who was about to leave for work, paused when he saw him. “Dui zhang . . . what are you doing here?” he asked his leader warily.

“Where’s Eun Hae?” I have to see her.

Lu Han eyed him suspiciously. “Why do you want to see her for?” he asked him. Kris narrowed his eyes at him so he hastily said, “She’s at her parents’ house. She grew sick again so her parents are taking care of her.”

“Why is she there?” Kris frowned. Why would she suddenly be there? He had missed out on a lot of things that happened to her while he was gone!

Lu Han shrugged. “Ask her. I have to go.”

Kris closed his eyes, imagined her face, and when he opened his eyes, he saw that Eun Hae was fast asleep in bed. He smiled softly as he glanced around the room. Then he walked over to her and sat down gently on the bed, careful not to wake her.

Why must you remind me so much of her, Jung Eun Hae? Why do you look like her? I don’t understand what I am feeling right now.

You confuse me, Jung Eun Hae.

He leaned down and kissed her tenderly on her nose. He chuckled lightly when she scrunched her face up cutely. Kris carefully kissed her on the forehead before he stepped back. he gave her one last glance before he disappeared to a new location.

“Aahhh! It’s dui zhang!”

“Run!”

“Tao, I need to talk to you,” he said once he was able to see clearly and the poor young one stopped in his tracks. “I need you to come with me.”

“For?”

“Please.”

XiuMin’s eyes went wide. “Did dui zhang just say ‘please’? omo, what is the world becoming these days?” he asked, pretending to faint.

“Is it ending?” Chen wanted to know.

Kris thwacked the two of them on their heads and they groaned in pain. “You idiots, shut up. I really need to talk to Tao.”

Tao looked for help among s but none of them said anything so he nervously followed Kris toward a private corner of the room. “Yes, dui zhang?” he sqeaked in an extremely high-pitched voice that does not sound like him. “What can I do for you?” he went on, going a bit too formal.

Kris sighed. “Since when did a panda become a mouse?” He shook his head. “Anyyway, I need you to rewind time to twenty years ago.”

Tao’s jaws dropped. “My powers are constricted! I can’t rewind that far back!” he protested. “At most, I can only rewind to five months ago.”

“Then rewind to two months ago, before the Game,” Kris replied.

Why?” Why was he asking him to do this?

Because I want to change the girl for Lu Han and let Suho choose the girl he had first picked for Kai originally. Or maybe because I want to be the person who entered her life, not Lu Han.

But he didn’t say that. Instead, he snarled at the youngest member and said, “Just do it.”

Tao panicked and nodded. He closed his eyes to concentrate. But then he opened his eyes, confusion clearly written in his eyes. He closed his eyes and tried again. He opened his eyes again. “Dui zhang, I can’t,” he said miserably.

“You can’t or you won’t?”

“I can’t! I don’t know why.”

Suddenly Minion 1 appeared in front of them. “Did you just try to rewind back time?” it asked, glancing from Tao to Kris. “You’re not allowed to! You’re not allowed to interfere with the Game. Once the Game started, the only thing you can do is watch it until it’s over. You can advise your representatives, but that’s about it.”

Kris looked at it despairingly. “You’re kidding. So we can’t cancel the Game?”

It shook its head. “No, I’m not kidding. I’m sorry. Oh, and apparently, there is a time limit to the Game even though we said that there was no time-limit given. Each Game is given three months. We just never mentioned it because the Game usually ended within a month and a little over. This is already the second month. By the end of next month, the Game must come to an end.”

“What happens if it doesn’t?” Tao wanted to know.

“Destruction.”

Tao winced as Minion 1 went back and turned to Kris. “Dui zhang, what are you thinking?” he asked.

“Nothing.”

“Are you in love with Eun Hae?”

“Don’t you think I would have asked Lu Han to hurry up and break her heart so that I could comfort her and swoop her off her feet if I was in love with her?” he asked back.

“Good point,” Tao admitted. “But why did you ask me to rewind time?”

Kris didn’t hear him. He was too lost in thought. “I have to tell Lu Han to win the Game by her birthday next month,” he muttered to himself, tapping his chin thoughtfully.

“Dui zhang?”

Kris was gone.

Tao sighed his head as he went back to the others but didn’t tell them. Somehow he knew that if he told them what Kris tried to get him to do, he would be in a whole lot of trouble. But his mind was swimming.

Why did Kris want to rewind time?

 

Lu Han’s POV

Kai and I were taking care of the café outside but business was slow so we decided to play ddabong behind the counter when suddenly Kris appeared out of nowhere and we stopped, looking up at him.

“Dui zhang,” I exclaimed. I darted a look at Kai whose eyes widened and stepped back to give us some privacy. I turned back to my leader. “What are you doing here?” I asked. “Were you with Eun Hae?”

“You have to break up with her before her eighteenth birthday next month,” Kris told me in Chinese. “Apparently, there is a time limit for the Game and it’s three months. This is already the second month.”

I gaped at him. “You’re joking!”

He shook his head and I thought he looked a little bit reluctant. “You have to break up with her soon. Anyway, why are you and him together?” he asked, scorning at Kai.

He has a name.” I surprised myself by defending Kai. Since when we were that close? “And we were trying to kill time because business is slow.”

He scowled darkly at me, shooting him a hteful sideways glare. “You can’t trust them. You think they’re your friend and then they stab you in the back unexpectedly.”

“Is that what happened to you and Suho?” I wanted to know.

He scowled even more and folded his arms across his chest, obviously not going to coorperate with me. “None of your business.”

“It is my business since I have to do the dirty work for you,” I snapped.

He seemed startled that I actually talked back to him as leader-to-member. He frowned. “What’s wrong with you, Lu Han? Are you okay? What is the matter?” he wanted to know.

I just shook my head.

Nothing is wrong, except for the fact that Eun Hae is in her parents’ house right now and I don’t know if they are taking good care of her and I’m not sure if I can trust them with her. and also, I don’t understand why you seem so nice with her! What is your relationship with her, dui zhang?

Kris decided to back off. Then he turned around and a few seconds later he disappeared. It was a good thing no one was outside except for me and Kai otherwise they’ll be wondering how he managed to disappear in thin air.

And also wonder how Suho managed to appear in thin air.

He was glowering at Kai who shrank back when he saw his leader in front of him. “S – Suho hyung, what are you doing here?” he stammered nervously.

I shrugged and walked toward the kitchen. “Say, Kai, you know, business is slow so I think I’m going to take a break,” I said and walked away from them.

“Thanks, ,” I heard Kai muttered under his breath as he turned and was faced with his leader.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow, I'm already here? ._.

Anyway, double updates because I can't update tomorrow. Friend's party. Hurr..

I'mma paint ma nails (: