I Fell In Love

The Heartbreaker's Game 2: What is Love?

Kris appeared back in the Hall. It was quiet and the only sound he could hear were the sounds of his footsteps and his thoughts, but then again it was late in the night. He could not see anything but decided to leave it to the morning since he was quite tired. When he entered the room, he was greeted by the sounds of four grown men’s snores. He shook his head. He had a feeling that they slept and woke up as they pleased now that he was gone. He climbed into his bed without being noticed by the heavy sleepers and fell asleep. It was a good thing he was quite tired so he was able to fall asleep easily, drowning out the noise without any problems until the first crack of dawn.

The next morning, he woke up extra early before any of them woke up. He walked out to the living room and groaned when he found food wrappers thrown on the floor and that the remote control was on the floor with pillows lying amidst on the floor. He cleaned the place up, clucking his tongue in disapproval at the mess.

He was actually glad he had put Lay in charge because the place wasn’t much of a pigsty like how he thought it would be if XiuMin was in charge. It was messy, yes, but thank goodness he couldn’t see any underwear lying on the floor and was pleased to see that they actually washed the dishes themselves.

When eight o’clock rolled by, he stood up straighter and smiled sinisterly. He rubbed his palms together. it was time to do his favorite thing to do in the morning.

He walked into the room where all four boys were still sound asleep in bed. He pulled the curtains back, allowing sunlight to flow through the window pane. They all groaned and covered their heads with their blankets, shielding their eyes from the light.

“YAH, EXO-M, WAKE UP NOW!” he bellowed with his loud voice. “It’s already eight o’clock and you’re all still sleeping like a bunch of pigs!”

Beds shook at the sound of his thundering and booming voice and the four of them were startled to wake up to a commotion and soon all four males fell down on the floor like they used to every time when he was here. There was this dead silence that filled up the entire household as they registered what happened and then —

“Dui zhang!” they cried out when they saw him and quickly scrambled to their feet and dusted off the dust off their shirts, making sure they looked presentable. “What are you doing here? When did you get back?”

Tao pouted and rubbed his head. “I hit my head when I fell off bed and now I have a headache,” he complained.

XiuMin nodded sympathetically. “I know what you mean,” he empathized. “I hit my and now I don’t think I can even sit down properly now.”

Chen and Lay nudged them from the sides.

Kris glared sternly at them and they turned. Their eyes widened when they saw the look on his face. “So you rather care about your head than your own leader’s safe arrival?” he challenged. “What do you mean by ‘what are you doing here’? Is my presence not welcomed or not missed while I was away?”

“Oh, no, no, no, not at all,” the two of them hastily replied.

Chen looked at Kris. “How was it?”

“What’s the news?” Lay wanted to know.

Kris smirked lightly, not wanting them to see that he was happy. One does not simply show his emotions so openly, especially not when he is the leader of the group. “They’re officially together,” he told them, shrugging rather casually, trying to hide his glee.

“Whoopdeedo!” XiuMin and Tao immediately cheered, doing a little happy dance while Chen and Lay grabbed each other and began jumping up and down in excitement. “We’re going to win! We’re going to win! Exo-M will win this Game! Woohoo!”

Kris shook his head. “Now, can anyone tell me why I came home and to find the place in a mess?” he went on.

They stopped celebrating and froze, remembering the mess they had made ever since Kris was gone. They were silent and still long enough to ponder over the question of who to blame. They glanced at each other, wondering who would be the spokesperson for them. Then Chen, XiuMin and Tao pushed Lay out and he stumbled onto the floor.

“He’ll tell you!” they quickly said.

He quickly stood up and turned to glare at his friends, feeling extremely betrayed by their actions. They were supposed to be his friends! “Yah!” he protested. “Why did you have to push me out?”

“Because dui zhang left you in charge,” XiuMin replied and the other two nodded. Even Chen, who was normally nice, didn’t want to get into trouble with the fire-breathing dragon. He hated getting into trouble.

“Thanks a whole bunch,” Lay muttered.

Kris folded his arms across his chest and tapped his foot impatiently. Gosh, how he loved to tease s. He wasn’t really mad. In fact, he wasn’t surprised and he didn’t blame them. He was intimidating at times. “I’m waiting.”

Lay gulped fearfully. “Uh . . . well . . . you see . . .” he stammered. “This was how it was supposed to be . . .”

“But it wasn’t.”

“Aiiieee . . .”

 

Kai’s POV

Knock, knock.

I looked up to my door where the knocking sound was emitting from. “Come in!” I said to D.O from the other side of the door.

D.O came in with a frown. I knew that he was still upset over the fact that I had ignored the conversation we were having last night and went straight into bed instead. He sighed and shook his head. “I’m going back today,” he said. “The camera’s battery is recharged so I’ll be going back to Exo today.”

“Okay.”

“You know what this means, don’t you?” he asked.

I looked up at him blankly. “What does this mean?” I asked back.

He sighed and folded his arms across his chest. “Kim Jongin,” he said my real name in a serious tone. “Don’t you think that Suho hyung is going to wonder why you’re not with Eun Hae but with her best friend instead?”

“Don’t worry, I’ve already got a comeback up my sleeves for that,” I replied as I sat back in my bed and began texting Daeseul.

He gave me a hard look. “Which is what?”

I shrugged. “Hey, don’t get all upset on me,” I shot back defensively. When he didn’t find it amusing, I rolled my eyes. “Look, I’ll tell him that I’m using Daeseul to get closer to Eun Hae and at the same time, I’m trying to make her jealous.” I gave him a winning smile. “Doesn’t that sound convincing enough?” I smiled when I saw that Daeseul texted me back. She’s so amazing and so gorgeous.

I loved the way she kissed me, the way she held me, and the way she fitted right into my arms as if we were meant for each other. My mother always told me that if I ever met someone who feels right in my arms, be it human or alien, I should always love and stay with her. And I’m so glad that the person is Daeseul. She’s just so —

“Yah! Kim Jongin!” D.O said, annoyed.

I shook my head and snapped back into reality and realized that he must have been talking to me all this time while I was spacing out, thinking about Daeseul. Speaking of which, I wonder where I was going to take her out for —

“Are you even listening to me?”

I turned back to him, slightly irritated that he kept interrupting my thoughts. “Sorry, no, I wasn’t listening to what you were saying,” I replied sheepishly. “I was thinking about —”

“Daeseul, yes, I know,” he said, waving a hand.

“What did you say?”

“I said that Suho hyung might buy the ‘using Daeseul into getting closer to Eun Hae’ but I don’t see how he will understand the ‘make Eun Hae jealous by dating Daeseul’,” he replied, looking clearly annoyed.

I shrugged. “Well, what don’t you get about that part?” I wanted to know. “I mean, it makes perfect sense to me.”

“If she’s already with Lu Han, why would she be jealous?” he asked me. “Wouldn’t she be happy with Lu Han?”

Good point.

“I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it,” I replied weakly. I glanced at the clock. It was almost ten, which meant I’d have two more hours until I get to see her again. I seriously wonder where I was taking her for lunch.

He looked at me. “You’re not planning to ruin their relationship, are you?” he asked me even though he already knew the answer for that.

“Nope.” I shook my head.

“That’s what I’m worried about,” he muttered.

“Oh, come on,” I protested.

“Look, you’re going to screw up, so why can’t you try to look as though you’re trying as though you’ve done your best so that it wouldn’t look that bad when Suho realized that we’re already losing?” he wanted to know.

“I don’t want to hurt Eun Hae or Daeseul anymore,” I replied. “I really care about Daeseul and I think of Eun Hae like a little sister. The two of them meant so much to me. I don’t like to hurt them.”

D.O shook his head. “We’re so screwed,” I heard him murmuring darkly under his breath.

I felt a twinge of irritation. He is my hyung and I respect him and all, but who was he to judge me? “You know, you screwed your last Game,” I pointed out. “I don’t think that you are in any position to criticize me.”

“I don’t want you repeating the same mistake I made!” he snapped. But then he froze and I frowned.

Same mistake?

What on earth is he . . .

I gasped. No way.

The erted, Dim-witted Object, who loved to have and loved trying different positions every time he had a chance to play . . .? Of all people, him?

Now I know why he screwed up his last Game. He did it on purpose.

“Yes,” D.O said softly. “I fell in love.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meeh~ don't worrry, I've got reasons why this happened. And don't worry, I'll be sure to add more EunHan/Kaiseul fluff in the next chapter (: