Finding a Place to Stay

The Heartbreaker's Game 2: What is Love?

Lu Han’s POV

Kris looked at her with a frown. “Did you just call me Oppa?” he asked. “You never called me Oppa before.”

Eun Hae nodded as she took his hands into hers and I frowned when I saw that. “We’re close enough for me to call you that, right?” she asked him softly, tilting her head to one side. Damn, why does she look so cute when she does that? She can’t do that in front of dui zhang! “Unless . . . you don’t want me to?”

He hugged her.

My eyes widened. No way . . .

He caressed her hair gently, hugging her, and I could see that his anger was slowly sipped away as Eun Hae hugged him back. “I want you to,” he murmured softly. He pulled apart and smiled at her.

He actually smiled.

What the ?!

Kris smiled! He can smile?!

My head was spinning with questions as I watched the two of them. . . . Why . . .? How . . .? What . . .? Why? Why did dui zhang suddenly stop, for her?

“Thank you,” Kris murmured to her.

She smiled and squeezed his hand. “Don’t kill your friends otherwise you’d end up being lonely. You should talk to them.”

He clenched his fist. “I’ll talk to them another day,” he muttered darkly. But then he looked at her with this strange, unfamiliar look of affection. He patted her head. “I’ll come and visit you more often, okay?”

She nodded, beaming.

Kris turned to me and his anger seemed to have returned along with his sour face. “Tell those idiots inside that I’m not letting them off that easily,” he said, jerking a thumb toward the door where they were still hiding.

Eun Hae frowned.

Kris turned to her and sighed, running a hand through her hair gently. “I’ll talk to them, but what they did isn’t exactly something I’ll forget so easily.”

She nodded glumly.

He pinched her cheeks, chuckling softly, before he summoned a pothole. He gave her one last smile and was gone within the next second.

I gaped at Eun Hae, still not believing that she talked Kris out of his dragon mode, that he was able to calm down because of her. I still don’t understand how she did it. What sorcery is this?!

“What?” she asked, noticing the way I was staring at her. “Do I have something in my hair?” She reached out to touch her hair but obviously found nothing but hair.

Well, what does she expect?

I shook my head in disbelief.

The guest’s room door opened and the four idiots finally had the courage to come out when they could hear Kris no longer. They glanced around hesitantly, as though they were expecting him to spring out from behind to scare them. They stood by the doorway until they were sure that he was gone before they bravely stepped out.

“Is he gone?” Lay wanted to know, glancing around the room cautiously. He breathed a sigh of relief when he didn’t see him anywhere.

I was still staring incredulously at Eun Hae, not hearing him, not hearing anything but my own voice inside my head. Did I really just witness what I thought I saw? That was impossible! But . . . why did Kris listen to her?

“How did you do it?” I asked her.

Confusion flittered across her pretty face and she stared back at me. “What do you mean by that, Lu Han?” she wanted to know.

XiuMin looked back and forth between the both of us. “What happened? And where’s dui zhang? I was so sure I was never ever going to eat another bao for the rest of my life!” He gasped dramatically.

Tao poked his cheeks. “Fatty.”

“Shut up!”

Chen sighed. “Immature,” he muttered.

You’re immature.”

Lay turned to me, growing visibly impatient and ignoring his friends. He needed to know what happened and the suspense was killing him. “What happened? Wasn’t dui zhang in his dragon mode? Why did he just suddenly disappear? Wasn’t he going to kill us?”

“Ask her,” I replied with a different voice and all eyes turned to Eun Hae who shrugged, shifting uncomfortably in her position because of all the stares.

“All I did was told him that it’s not good to kill and that he should talk it out with you instead of using violence,” she replied casually, not really seeing the big deal.

And he listened to her,” I told them.

Their mouths dropped.

“How did you do it?” Lay wanted to know.

Eun Hae looked at me for answers (and I felt good it was me she was looking at). I knew she didn’t understand why all of us were so surprised. I didn’t blame her. She wasn’t exactly around long enough. But then again . . . she’s not exactly a hundred years old like we were.

“I told you before, Kris never listens to anyone when he’s in the dragon mode,” I explained to her. “Believe me when I say we all tried. As far as we know, whenever he gets into a mood like that, it is completely impossible to get him to calm down. He will fire at them and hurt them and refused to listen to reasons. The best way for him to calm down is to stay away from him and let him destroy whatever he wants to destroy.”

“Even if it means killing others?” she gaped.

Chen shrugged. “Well, dui zhang hardly ever shows his dragon mode unless he’s really angry, but I’m pretty sure he’s never done that much damage as to killing,” he replied. “Maybe wrecked a couple of furniture or something, and even harm someone’s safety, but as for killing . . . well . . .” He frowned.

“He was probably close to killing us today, that’s for sure,” Tao said tactlessly. He sighed, glancing around. “I can’t believe he would really dream of killing us.”

“I can’t believe he didn’t kill you,” Chen muttered.

“You’re mean! I wished he had killed you!”

XiuMin whacked Tao’s head and pouted. “Yah! Don’t talk like that! We’re still alive, aren’t we?” he said, glaring at the younger one.

“To which we have to thank you for,” Lay smiled at Eun Hae.

She blushed, looking down at her feet. “Ah . . . welcome,” she muttered, her cheeks growing red. “It was nothing, really, just a few simple words.”

“Which calmed him down from killing us,” Lay rebuked, shaking his head.

I felt this surge of anger rippling in me when I saw the way they were looking at each other. Lay had this look of interest in his face and Eun Hae was probably captivated by him because, well, he is pretty good-looking too.

Chen glanced over at me and grinned when he noticed the look on my face. “Are you jealous of Lay, gege?” he asked in Chinese.

I glowered at him. “Do I look like I am?”

“Was that even necessary to ask?” he shot back.

I narrowed my eyes at him and he grinned, shrugging. “Of course I’m jealous. She’s supposed to be with me. I’m the representative, not Lay.”

“Cool your jets, I ain’t flirting with your girl, bro,” Lay retorted back but he was still smiling at Eun Hae who was now as red as a tomato.

Stop looking at her,” I growled.

“Someone’s jealous,” XiuMin and Tao laughed in a singsong voice.

I turned to Eun Hae. “Baby, they’re not staying here. I do not want them. I will not have other guys ogling you while I’m here,” I told her.

She blinked, surprised. “But —”

“Gege!” Lay, Chen and Tao griped while XiuMin frowned and exclaimed, “Lu Han! Don’t be mean to us!”

Tao pouted. “Bbuing, bbuing!”

It didn’t work.

“No.”

“Gege,” he whined.

“You can’t do this to us!” Lay and Chen protested together at the same time. “You just can’t do this!”

“We’re your friends!” XiuMin added.

Eun Hae looked at them and then back at me, hesitating, wondering what she should do. I shook my head. I pulled her back to me and held her tightly around in my arms, resting my chin on her head. “I don’t want them to look at you. Only I can look at you like that.”

“But, Lu Han, they’re your friends,” she protested. “You can’t just kick them out, especially after what happened just now. What if Kris comes back and we are not there to help?”

“Yeah, gege,” Lay, Chen and Tao chorused.

“Yeah, Lu Han,” XiuMin said a little bit late and the others all just scoffed and rolled their eyes. “What?” he protested defensively. “I want my baos!”

Eun Hae looked up to me. “I’m sure they mean no harm,” she said.

Eun Hae . . .” I whined. I lowered my head to her ears and whispered seductively into them, “If you say yes, then our privacy will be invaded and you and I won’t have that much alone time together anymore.”

“Ah . . .” she hesitated. I could tell she was wavering. I smiled to myself. Yes, that’s it, girl, fall for it. Say no to them. Let me be the only guy you live with.

I looked at my friends and spoke to them in Chinese, “If you guys stay here with us, it’ll make it harder for me to win the Game.”

They hesitated when they realized that I was right.

“Fine, we’ll go somewhere else to crash for now,” Lay muttered, shooting me a sour look, hating the fact I was kicking them out.

Eun Hae frowned, feeling bad that she was kicking them out. I rolled my eyes. Sometimes I feel as though she cared about other s a little bit too much than necessary. “I’m sorry, you guys,” she said. “It’s just that we don’t exactly have enough room and —”

“And you and Lu Han wants to get it on,” XiuMin interrupted her, his eyes shining at the thought.

“I . . . what . . . no!” Eun Hae blushed furiously.

I raised an eyebrow as I wrapped my arms around her waist behind, pulling her close to me, pressing her to my chest. “What, you’re saying you don’t want me to be with you, hmmm?” I asked, nibbling her earlobe, sending a thrill of pleasure down her spine.

She shivered lightly.

I saw Chen and Lay inconspicuously giving each other low-fives.

She turned to me. “But where would they stay?”

“Hmmm . . . on the streets.”

“LU HAN!”

I laughed.

Eun Hae didn’t look too happy. She frowned thoughtfully, trying to think of the best place for them to stay. “How long will you guys be staying here for?”

“Forever,” XiuMin replied.

Chen whacked his head.

“You seriously need to stop hitting me,” XiuMin muttered bitterly, rubbing his sore head. “You’re making me lose all my brain cells!”

“What brain cells?” Tao asked innocently.

“YOU!”

Everyone cracked up laughing while XiuMin chased poor Tao around the place until he froze on the spot, his leg up as if he was going to run. Tao smiled.

Then he realized he’d frozen all of us in time as well.

“Ah, damnit,” he muttered and let us all free.

We all glared at him for freezing us and XiuMin continued to run and tripped over the coffee table’s leg, falling flat on his face on the cool, marble floor.

There was this moment of silence.

“Owww,” XiuMin muttered, his voice muffled due to his face still stuck on the floor.

“Are you okay?” Eun Hae asked, her voice filled with concern.

Chen waved a hand offhandedly, distracting her from the idiot. “Ah, don’t worry about baozi,” he told her. “He’ll be fine. He probably lost even more brain cells and probably won’t even notice they’re missing.”

I lifted my palm and we exchanged high-fives.

She shook her head, amused. “Is this how you guys are always like with each other?” she wanted to know.

I nodded. “Yeap.”

She smiled, giggling. Then she looked back at them. “I know exactly where you guys can stay for the time being,” she said. “There’s a motel near the shop lots where it’s really cheap and I think you guys will like it.”

“How much will it be per night?” Lay wanted to know.

She shrugged. “I’m not sure. But I’m pretty sure that Lu Han will pay for those nights, right, Lu Han?”

What? No way!”

She looked at me and pouted. “Oh, please, they’re you’re friends!” she exclaimed. “You should at least take care of them while they’re here. I mean, it’s the least you could do since you don’t want them here.”

I looked into her eyes and felt compelled. All my thoughts of saying no and protesting against paying for them were muddled up as I stared into those deep, round, warm, brown orbs and soon all I knew was that I wanted to make Eun Hae happy and if I refused, she’s not going to be happy at all.

So I nodded.

“Yay!” she beamed happily and hugged me.

The others cheered and hooted and soon I found myself paying for them in the motel. I sighed as I parted with my debit card. I turned to them and frowned. “No room service or else I will kill you.”

“I’ll cook meals for you,” Eun Hae promised them. “Don’t worry, I can cook.”

XiuMin’s eyes gleamed. “Food!”

I looked at Lay. “You’re the most responsible one. You take care of XiuMin and Tao. Make sure the two of them don’t do anything stupid.”

Lay raised his eyebrows. “When do they not?”

“Good point. Let me rephrase. Make sure they don’t do anything at all. Chen’s second-in-command,” I corrected myself, ignoring the whines I was getting from Tao and XiuMin.

The two of them nodded, looking dead proud they were put in charge, and the four of them went up to their room while Eun Hae and I turned to walk back home. I have a feeling things are going to get a lot more hectic with the four of them hanging around us like flies.

Eun Hae slipped her hand into mine as we walked down the streets. She smiled at me when I looked over at her. “I think I’m starting to get the hang of these aliens and powers things,” she told me.

I sighed, slinging my arm around her shoulders. “I’m afraid you’d say that.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not much of a chapter :/

Sorry, but I promise you the next one will be good (: