Life anew

Our love story

 

"Tell me. Now." She placed her hand over her best friend's hand. 
 
"It's a long story, Rachel." Her friend croaked.
 
"Come on, Kamin. I am your best friend, tell me. Something must have happened or else why did you ask me to get you out of the hospital so hurriedly? You even used a random nurse's phone to call me. And why were you even in the hospital?" Rachel asked, concern lining her brows. Last night, Kamin had called her up and asked her to help pay her medical bills so she could be discharged. Rachel did not mind the cost of the medical bills at all, she was only worried about how her best friend was.
 
"Well..." Kamin wrung her hands nervously,"I got admitted because..." Her eyes began to mist up with tears.
 
"Baekhyun and I had a baby... His sister, Baekhee had gone crazy the other night and she stabbed my stomach so I got admitted into the hospital because my baby..." Kamin answered, her speech punctuated with sobs. 
 
Rachel embraced Kamin in a tight sister hug. "I am so sorry, Kamin. I didn't think..." Rachel held back her own tears. For once, she didnt know what to say.
 
Kamin waved her hand, dabbing her tears away. "Never mind about that. I just want to forget about all that sadness and...well, start afresh."
 
"Start afresh? So that's why you wanted to discharged. You wanted to get away from here? But...what about your boyfriend, Baekhyun?" Rachel caught on quickly, putting two and two together. 
 
Kamin shook her head sadly,"I am leaving. I can't stay with him any longer. Just looking at him, hearing his voice, it just reminds me of how our baby died and how hapless we were about it. I thought about it the other night after I made him go back home. Could I really stay here and act like nothing is wrong? Losing the baby is a painful memory which would always be associated with this place, won't it?" Kamin stared into the distance, murmuring.
 
"Kamin ah..." Rachel started,"I understand your pain but... Wouldn't Baekhyun be worried about your sudden disappearance?" 
 
"I left him a note and the ring he gave me." Kamin replied, a tinge of sadness diving in her voice.
 
"Wouldn't he come find you?" Rachel asked.
 
"Oh my gosh, Rachel. Please, don't ask. I just hope that you could help me here. I beg you." Kamin took Rachel's hand,her eyes pleading," I can't stay here any longer and I don't think I can face Baekhyun anymore. I can't. Please just do me a favor and help me leave this place filled with dreadful memories." 
 
Rachel sighed. She knew when her friend was like this, nothing would really change her mind. "Okay, Kamin. I will. Just tell me what you need. If you really wanna leave, I can't stop you." 
Kamin smiled gratefully.
 
"But don't you still love Byun Baekhyun?" Rachel questioned.
 
Kamin looked away,"I... I don't know. I don't know." Kamin held her head, her face contorted with some unidentifiable emotion.
 
"Okay, never mind. Please do go rest in my guest room upstairs, you seem really haggard." Rachel sighed again.
 
"Rachel, before I go, could you help me make a new passport and lend me your clothes? I have nothing with me now but... I would like to leave as soon as possible. Kamin's face flushed red with embarrassment.
 
"Sure. I will go right now. I am guessing that you would want to pack some clothes to go so you can just take the clothes from my cupboard. Those at the right side are in fashion now, just for your information. No need to thank me,this is what friends are for." Rachel beamed. 
 
"Thank you, Rachel. I really don't know how to express my gratitude." Kamin said.
 
"It's okay. Just be happy when you leave here. If you really do want to put everything here behind, I will support you. I will be happy enough that you remember me." Rachel winked before stepping out of the door,"I will be back soon with your passport and all. Sleep well." 
 
Kamin nodded before making her way to her room. She sighed, looking out of the window. Tomorrow, I would leave everything behind and start life anew. Kamin, forget all these sadness and welcome the fresh new life Tokyo would have to offer.