Will you...?

Our love story

 

The sunlight filtered through the yellow gauze curtains, bathing the room in a warm glow. Kamin stretched, smiling contentedly. She felt wonderful. Over the past few days, she had been nursed back to health by her very own boyfriend, Baekhyun. They had gone through many ups and downs together and finally overcame all the challenges. He meant the world to her and he was everything she ever wanted or needed. Baekhyun had been her pillar of support and comfort, the perfect gentlemen and boyfriend who tended to her. Her lips curved to form a smile as she thought of him. 
 
He had a handsome face with well-defined features, his eyes shone with a twinkle and formed a mesmerizing eye-smile when he was happy. His hair fell nicely and she loved to fondle with it. She loved him for who he was, enjoying his warmth when he embraced her or the kisses they shared. He was perfect to her and nothing would take his place in her heart.  
 
She climbed out of bed, walking out into the living room. "Baekhyun?" She called.
 
"In the kitchen, dear." Baekhyun's voice called out. Kamin smiled, relieved as she made her way to the kitchen. 
 
"Baekhyun ah..." A gasp escaped from her lips as the lights turned off and all she could see was darkness. Then, the strumming of guitar chords filled her ears and Baekhyun's voice came on.
 
"This moment feels like I was born as a child who knew nothing,
I closed my eyes again in case it would be a dream.
You were standing in front of my desperate self and praying.
Just once, I want to walk side by side with you..."
 
Baekhyun sang, his voice melodious. He walked out slowly, smiling sweetly at Kamin as he strummed on a guitar. 
 
"I always want to protect you
so even the small things won't tire you out,I'm eternally in love.
As your guardian, I will block the stiff wind,
Even though people turn their backs on you.
If I could become the person who can wipe your tears on a tiring day,
It would be paradise." 
 
He stood in front of her, serenading her with his soothing voice. Her eyes were b with tears as he strummed the last chords of the song. He placed the guitar down gently on the floor and went down on one knee. 
 
 
"It seems right now that all I have ever done in my life was to make my way here to you." He joked, smiling widely.
 
"Kamin ah, I know this may be a little late but..." Baekhyun began, clearing his throat. 
 
"Today, I have finally mustered the courage to do this. Kamin ah, I want to be your angel. An angel who will protect you, guide you and keep you from harm. I want to be by your side forever, loving you, caring for you and being your comfort. I want to be the one who will calm your fears and ease your pain." Baekhyun flashed a smile as he brought out a small box. 
 
"Kamin,storm clouds may gather and stars may collide but I will love you until the end of time. Will you...will you marry me?" Baekhyun revealed a ring that sat snugly in the box. The ring was a dazzling silver, simple yet elegant with a sparkling diamond in the centre of it. 
 
Kamin's tears rolled down her cheeks as she nodded her head furiously,managing to utter the word,"yes." 
 
Baekhyun's lips formed a wide smile as he slipped the ring onto her long fingers.
 
"I love you." Baekhyun pressed his lips against hers, tasting her tears that had fallen long ago.
 
"Pabo yah? Why are you crying?" He teased,"my bride can't cry like this. This is a happy occasion." He brushed away the tears gently with his thumb as he cupped her cheeks with his hands. Kamin smiled up at him, wiping away her tears quickly. 
 
"Neh." She kissed him again passionately as she wrapped her arms around him. He smiled as he kissed her back tenderly.
 
"Thank you, Baekhyun." She pulled away from the kiss and laid back on Baekhyun's chest. She lifted up her hand, admiring the ring and its diamond that glittered under the sunlight. "It's pretty, Baekhyun." She sighed contentedly.
 
"Not as pretty as you, Kamin ah." Baekhyun took her hand, hugging her tightly,"you are going to be the prettiest bride in the century." 
 
Kamin giggled,"and you, my prince, are gonna be the most handsome groom ever."