My Life

IS THIS MY LIFE? ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is the last chapter guys. Happy reading <3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I hung up the phone and went back packing; curiously wondering what she and Taeyang must've talked about during a whole hour.

I was never a big fan of organizing clothes so after thirty minutes I decided to have a break and prepare dinner for Jiyong and I. Tonight was going to be the last night I spend in Jiyong's apartment and it got me pretty nostalgic. Although I was nothing more than his best friend, I loved being around him. I was wondering what I was going to miss the most, cooking together and me letting the food burn, or watching movies and him falling asleep after the first twenty minutes or our late night talk in the dark when I allowed my mind to pretend he was right beside me while in fact he was lying down on the couch.

I put the lasagna in the stove and was washing the dishes when I heard the door open. I was expecting to be greeted by some angry expression while he was actually quite cheerful.

"Hey~  Something came for you." He was referring to an envelope in his hand.

"Really? From who?" I took it from him.

"It says Seoul Family Court." I looked up in his eyes and he was all smiles.

"Is it what I think it is?" I impatiently opened it and it was indeed what I thought: The divorce statement.

"Whoaa, finally!" I exclaimed and showed it to Jiyong who read it to the end and then ruffled my hair.

"Congrats!"

"Yeah, I'm officially free~" I laughed extending my hands in the air.

He chuckled and took off his jacket. "So how was your first day at work?"

"Well, it was a kinda interesting." I laughed. "Go change first and then I'll tell you about it."

"Okay." He said and headed to the bedroom.

I went to the kitchen and nearly dropped the glass I was washing when I was startled by his shout.

"DARA !"

"What?!" He left me no time to wonder as he came back in a flash, his smile from earlier nowhere to be seen.

"You're packing." He said matter-of-factly.

"Uh.. yeah I was packing... I mean... I'm still packing.. just not right now... now I'm washing the..." The rest of my incoherent sentence naturally faded away as I saw him crossing his arms.

"You're not going anywhere."

"Huh.. what?" I chuckled and turned my back to him busying myself with the dishes.

Of course I knew this conversation wouldn't be easy.

"You think that you can tell me that along with your friends and that's it, you come and start packing? And talking about that, why do I have to hear it at the same time as the rest of the world?" His voice was getting rough and I knew I had to take it easy.

I turned back and smiled. "Ji, I didn't tell you before because I knew you wouldn't let me."

"Don't Ji me, Dara. And if you knew that, why bother packing or looking for a studio in the first place."

"Hey, don't be stupid. It's not that big of a deal. I mean it's not like I can live with you forever." I laughed it away but oh how I wished I could.

Jiyong opened his mouth but we heard the door's bell and I thanked in my mind whoever it was for saving me. He sighed and went to open the door.

"Hi."

I heard Taeyang's voice and walked out of the kitchen. Jiyong was looking away and for the first time I could understand his cold welcoming, considering the circumstances of the last time they met each other.

"How was today? Did my threats work?" He smirked.

"Haha, yes I guess."

Jiyong's expression was leaving no doubt about his curiosity.

"Um, can I talk to Dara, in private?" He addressed Jiyong without glancing at him and the later walked to the kitchen gritting his teeth.

"What's wrong?" I asked, inviting him to sit in the armchair next to me.

"I met Minsu a while ago."

"I know, she told me." I started getting nervous and I could swear already that Jiyong was not going to miss a word of this conversation.

"We talked about a lot of things; how things got the way they are now. I think the girl was depressed a lot more than I was and she told me that she was gonna give up on her studies if I didn't go back to college." I widened my eyes and didn't get to react before Jiyong showed up, rushing out of the kitchen.

"What the hell?! Are you serious?" He blurted out.

"Dude, you gotta be kidding me. You don't know much about privacy, do you?" Taeyang shook his head in disbelief and Jiyong didn't even reply, taking out his phone to call Minsu.

"You don't need to call her. Your dear sister's not going to drop out of college; I decided to go back." I raised my eyebrows in surprise. "And don't you dare thank me; I'm not doing it for her but for myself."

"I wasn't going to." Jiyong glared at him.

"Really, Taeyang? That's such a great news." I expressed my delight tapping his knee and he took my hand in his.

"You know why I came back to Seoul in the first place and now I think there's no reason why I wouldn't go back... Unless you don't want me to." I switched my gaze between the two males in the living room.

"Um.. of course you should go. You only have one semester left and then you graduate."

"Dara, I can't go thinking that .. maybe if I stayed things would change for you and we can get back together."

I looked at Jiyong who had his confused face on.

"No... I mean you should definitely go. It's one hell of a good decision that you made."

"Alright." He stood up and pulled me in a tight hug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter