Past never dies

IS THIS MY LIFE? ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"It's okay, Dara. You're okay.. The door will open soon. J-Just count with me, neh? One, two... two... three!"

We rushed out the elevator as soon as it opened and I clutched my hand on my chest, trying to fill my lungs with air as much as possible.

"What's wrong with you?"

I turned around to see Jiyong taking a firm grip on Taeyang's collar and probably ready to go dangerously further, so I put all my strength to pull him off of him.

"Don't fight please... not here.." There were already a couple of curious glances shot toward us and I didn't really want us to be on the spotlight for the very first minute in this club.

 Even when I was standing between them, Jiyong seemed still boiling in rage.

"You have no idea what she's been through and you have no idea what we've done so that she could ride elevators again and yet you don't hesitate to ruin it all in a second."

"I-It's okay Ji, I'm fine now..." I pressed myself in an attempt to calm him down and he placed a hand on the side of my face, looking at me with clear worry in his eyes.

"You sure?" I leaned into the soft brush of his thumb against my cheek; such a simple touch that mysteriously got the words stuck in my throat and all I could do then was nod my head in response.

"Dara," Taeyang turned my attention."I'm so sorry..." He said, uncomfortably rubbing the back of his neck and after trying to avoid my gaze he turned around and started walking toward the crowd.

It was the first time I saw him being this hurt and I felt bad as well knowing that it was all because of me. He actually couldn't know how I would react inside the elevator and I didn't want him to feel guilty for something he didn't do on purpose so I gave Jiyong an apologic smile and followed him.

 

I was never a big fan of parties but among the few clubs that I've been in, this one was surely the best. It had a purple theme with elegant booths, the music was just loud enough to let people enjoy themselves without giving headaches and I was glad they played more pop music than electro.

I learned that Top and Bom were just waiting for us, not wanting to leave Hyorin alone. So they made their way to the dance floor as soon as they greeted us. Jiyong and Hyorin took seat in front of Taeyang and I, and few minutes later Jiyong brought a tequila bottle. At first I thought he got it for everyone but it turned out he bought it for himself!

Jiyong was way far from being a drinking guy, in fact, a single glass of soju could get him drunk to the point of complete loss so I started worrying after his third glass but all my attempts to stop him were a pure fail. Moreover and for some reason he seemed to be challenging me as he kept fixing me while gulping down countless shots of his drink.

At some point, all three of us were just staring at him, wondering when he was going to stop and without a word, he stood up and limped his way toward the dancing figures so I instantly put down my mocktail.

"What's wrong with him?" Hyorin asked me with a confused expression on her face.

I watched him as he started dancing alone, well, if we could consider swaying randomly as dancing, before I decided that I've seen enough and walked to him.

"Jiyong!" I made him turn around and he nearly lost his balance under the influence of his drink but what broke my heart the most was the wetness sparkling on his eyes.

"W-Why did you drink that much?"

He put his hand on mine and removed it off his arm to which I frowned in disagreement and grabbed him again. "Can we go home now?"

"Just go back to your boyfriend." He mumbled harshly while looking at me through half lidded eyes and then pulled his arm and turned his back to me.

This was the second time tonight that I was rejected by him and it was my turn to be on the verge of crying. I didn't know that believing Taeyang was going to affect him this much and I honestly had no clue about how to bring his normal self back again.

I went to the restroom to wash my face with some cold water when I found Bom refreshing her makeup.

"Hey Dee!" She noticed me through the mirror but her joyful smile got vanished when she turned to face me. "Is everything okay?"

"Uh, yeah." I stuttered but she didn't seem to swallow it as she titled her head to the side, giving me the "C'mooon" look.

I sighed heavily before confessing.

"I know about Taeyang and that girl's incident in America."

Bom lifted her eyebrows high not hiding her surprise.

"Whoaah! I guess he really likes you a lot seeing that he told you about it."

"Actually, I don't know all the details. I mean, all I know is that they were attending a party, right?"

"Yep, they were in a college party where Taeyang got himself dead drunk and all what he could remember later was one of his girl college mates escaping the room they were in, while screaming and crying. I think that girl was Korean too and she couldn't bear people's gossip about her so she decided to transfer to another college, and she lost her scholarship in the process."

I listened to her talking while relating it to what I've learned from Jiyong before and I could perfectly remember how she had to give up on the college she worked hard for because of that matter but what cough my attention was the "Dead drunk" part. It also brought that particular flashback to my mind of the first time I met Taeyang; Instead of being inside the mansion with a glass of cocktail in hand, he was in the garden instead, holding an empty bottle of wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter