Insomnia - Guilt

IS THIS MY LIFE? ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was 6h25, not the time for my alarm clock to ring yet, but I was already awake. Well, it's just a way of saying since we have to sleep first before waking up. Anyway, maybe I just had to get rid of that clock. After all, I didn't need it for so long now.

I have never realized how large this room was and yet I couldn't help but to feel suffocated. It was also crazy to feel that small being laid in this huge bed. Don't they say your bed is no longer big and empty when you have a lover? What a sarcastic thought of mine; as if I had a lover !

I sighed for the nth time this night and turned around just to be welcomed by the sleeping face of a middle-aged man : my so-called 'husband'. I was already lost in my thoughts when the alarm went off and it scared the hell out of me. Great! Now he was giving me the look that tells 'I caught you'.

"Morning princess" I was taken aback till I felt the back of his hand caressing my cheek.

"M-morning" I stuttered.

"You slept well ?"

"Yeah, perfect ...!" as I gave him a fake smile.

"Tonight I'll make sure you'll have your best birthday party ever. Mr Lee and the maids will handle everything and you'll have the best guests you’ve ever dreamed of.. I won't tell you more honey, it's my surprise for you."

"Thank you Joong." I let out with a smile. It's been already 10 months that I was married to this man and truth be told, he never missed an opportunity to be all kind and especially generous with me. Apparently, that was his way to show his love, through money. To me, I would be contented with a "Happy Birthday".

"I'll go take a shower." I annouced, ready to escape.

"And my morning kiss ?" He was staring now at my lips with a hesitant look.

I shuddered at the sight, feeling a knot forming in my throat. I carefully leaned towards him and placed a quick peck on his cheek, almost not touching him. Gettin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter