The Beginning

IS THIS MY LIFE? ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[2 hours ago]

Jiyong's POV:

My heart was still beating fast when i parked the motorcycle and was heading toward the office building. I shook my head trying to take 'her' out of my mind so i can properly focus on the next meeting but i just ended up smiling to myself, after i failed to do so. I quickened my pace and had to run up the stairs as the elevator was on the 7th floor.

When i first stepped in the company, it suddenly looked all small in my eyes. The big space for the 5 developers, my commercial's office and my own office were still there but i couldn't help it. Everything seemed now so small compared to the big multinational where i spent the last 2 weeks.

I was on my way to my office when i saw Daesung coming while typing something on his phone. I've hired him as commercial since i created the company and beside his marketing skills, he was now being a good friend too.

"Hey buddy." 

"Oh, hyung !" He was cheerful as usual.

"Sorry, you had to come to work on a Sunday." I apologized cursing in my mind the person who would request a meeting on an off day.

"No, it's okay. I was about to call you."

" ! Am i late ?" I checked my watch.

"Basically you're not, but Miss Kim Hyorin is here for 20 minutes now."  I frowned with confusion.

"You said Kim Hyorin ?" I lowered my voice.

"Yeah, why ?" He asked copying my tone. I rubbed the back of my neck and sighed.

"She was someone i knew from college and the day before i went to New York she called me saying she saw our request for proposal (1) and wanted to schedule a meeting with me but i told her i was going to Dara's birthday. She also called me the next day asking me why i didn't attend Dara's birthday." Daesung's eyes went big while listening to me.

"Well, she contacted us when you were abroad and i was ready to receive her but she kept asking about when you would come back." I chuckled at this and shook my head.

"I can't believe i sent Dara home just to do this. Anyway, let's go in and finish with it as quick as possible." I mouthed and was about to open the office door when i felt Daesung's hand on my shoulder stopping me.

"Hyung.." I turned my gaze to him questionably. "Among all the offers i studied this week, she came with the best one so far." I raised both my eyebrows to him in response making a brief pause before turning the door handle.

"Annyeonghaseyo." I said and she stood up in a very slow motion. She was wearing a revealing low-neck top with an extra short skirt letting me think she probably was heading to the beach and missed her way. She finished her little show by running her fingers through her hair before extending her arm for a handshake.

"Hey ! Long time no see, Sunbae. Oops.." She brought her hand to . "I mean Oppa." She said giggling and i swear i didn't get the joke if she ever meant to sound funny.

"Y-yeah, i guess we're not in college anymore." I mumbled and went to my chair. "Please, have a seat."

 

For the three quarters of the meeting i just stayed curious about the offer Daesung told me about earlier because she just kept talking about meaningless stuff, making me wonder if she ever got the chance to learn the difference between a business meeting and a club chitchat. Daesung on the other hand was just enjoying the company and i even had to bring him to reality few times with my feet underneath the desk as he seemed to find it hard to focus on her face.

I kept showing my patience until she finally decided to tell me about her proposal.

"For Jiyong Oppa, i can make it 50-50." Her offer was definitely worth waiting and the papers she handed me just confirmed it.

Till now, my company's revenue was exclusively from developing new software solutions and the idea of including hardware to our business came from our multiple clients requests about computer equipments. So after studying the market closely, Daesung and i decided to lunch a request for proposal to Seoul suppliers in order to come up with a gainful agreement which allows us to sell computer material from other shops to our customers against a reasonable profit percentage. But this one percentage from the high-tech shop where Hyorin was working as a manager was way beyond our expectations. It was strangely high that i was wondering how she even got to convince her CEO about such a deal.

Her lack of professionalism and famous reputation weren't particularly encour

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter