Minsu's secret

IS THIS MY LIFE? ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"T-Taeyang." She said fidgeting with her fingers.

"Oh yeah, I'm really sorry I did a mistake by asking you about him last time. I must've reminded you of all the bad things he did to you.."

"Unnie, Taeyang didn't do anything to me. I did."

I had a blank moment as it wasn't what I expected her to say.

"What do you mean?"

She lowered her head, staring at her hands and I started getting impatient.

"Minsu."

She finally faced me.

"He didn't me." She announced and goosebumps went through my whole body. I wasn't quite sure what to feel about her statement. Be happy for Taeyang who was actually innocent or be angry at her because therefore, this would mean that she lied to everyone for all this time.

I ran my hand through my hair taking a deep, needed breath.

"You were lying all this time?" I shoot her emphasizing the word lying.

"I know, I was wrong. I.." She looked lost in her words as she was shaking her head trying to avoid my piercing stare.

"What happened exactly?" I was so dying to hear what really happened between them that I could just pass the apologetic talk for now.

"Umm.." She bit her lip glancing at the door over her shoulder. "I don't want Jiyong oppa to know now. I mean, I.. I'm not ready to tell him yet."

Yeah, well you're right to be scared of telling him. I don't even want to imagine what would be his reaction to this.

"Just tell me, now. We have at least ten minutes before he comes back. And you'll get to tell him yourself when you're ready."

"Okay," She grabbed my hand. "Unnie, I'm sorry to disappoint you but all I did was because I loved him." I lifted my eyebrows not minding to hide my surprise.

"Yes, I loved him. I loved him so damn much that it drove me crazy at the end. When I first got in that college, he was my senior by three years and all I could do was watch him date and have one girlfriend after another while I was gradually falling for him."

I listened to her, watching how her eyes were getting wet.

"In my second year when I was sure that my feelings were not just a simple crush, I decided I would do my best to approach him. And in fact, I succeeded getting into his college-friend circle using our common origins as means. But again, I used all the girls hints that I knew of: Dressing up my best, texting him late at night, being flirty whenever I got the chance to be alone with him.."

Ookaay, I couldn't help but to wonder what happened to the innocent and forever-shy Minsu that I knew few years ago. I couldn't agree more with what she told Jiyong about not being a little girl anymore.

"Unnie, I did everything to make him notice me. Everything! I hated myself for that. Only throwing myself at him was left .. and that's what I finally did." Her voice turned to a whisper as tears rolled down her cheeks.

I naturally wanted to comfort her but something inside me stopped me. So I just waited for her silently to wipe her eyes before she spoke again.

"One day, we were in a college party and while he was fooling around with his last chick I was drinking my face off in a corner while watching them from afar. I was pathetic to the bones, unnie. I knew it and was ready to do anything to change that fact. So when I caught him alone I managed to drag him to a bedroom and it wasn't that hard since he was knocked out already and barely could stand on his feet."

She paused again, sighing deeply apparently trying to gain some courage to continue.

"I threw myself at him and he didn't seem hesitant while kissing me back but just when my hopes started growing, he called me by his girlfriend's name thinking I was her... Unnie, in my whole life, that was by far the most humiliating situation I was in. So with a mixed of rage, frustration and alcohol playing in my head, I tore my dress and rushed out of the room screaming and crying."

"Holy !" I let out covering my mouth. "And you told everyone that he you.."

She nodded her head slowly.

"He was deemed innocent because some students said they saw me leading us to the room and the medical analysis proved there was no ual but still everyone sided with me and believed I was innocent due to his player reputation and beverage habits."

An unwelcomed thought crossed my mind while listening to her: I did exactly the same thing. Just because I saw him emptying some bottles a couple of times it was easy for me to not believe his words and presume he was guilty. I was never the type to judge a book by its cover and yet that was what I did with him.

"I hope you know that what you did was awful." I couldn't and didn't want to hide my angry tone.

"I know." She whispered.

"You don't know what damages you caused him."

"I know unnie, I myself couldn't bear people's gossip and transferred to another college, leaving behind my scholarship that I worked so hard for."

"Minsu, you're lucky you just had to transfer to some other college. Even though he knew he didn't do it, he couldn't trust himself completely because he couldn't remember what exactly happened and thus, couldn't come over the guilty feelings that were tormenting him. God, I can't believe he had just one semester left before graduation and yet he dropped everything because of you! He said he couldn't get graduated from that prestigious college that you gave up on because of him." I was aware how my words were making her cry but I didn't really care.

I was literally fuming by now, remembering the time when Bom told me they couldn't make him smile for months! It was heartbreaking just to think what he must've endured for something he didn't even do.

"Unnie," She grabbed my hand with both hers. "I’m suffering a lot too I swear, I can never forgive myself. I still love him; what I did didn't stop th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter