Confrontation

IS THIS MY LIFE? ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The news was a real shock to us. Since college I knew how material she was but I never thought she would go this far. Paying a part of Jiyong's gain as investment was totally insane. I was relieved that her mask fell off revealing her true self but I couldn't ignore the fact that it must've been such a disappointment to Jiyong.

I was so pissed when he told her CEO that if they don't find her he would give him the money she ran with. I get that she is or was his girlfriend - I don't know - but she had to take responsibility of her actions.  And I didn't hide my thoughts from Jiyong, making us argue everyday about this subject. He wasn't defending her but kept looking for her nonetheless, worried that her CEO would sue her if she didn't show up. I just couldn't understand why he would still care about her after getting to know her real intentions.

The only good thing that happened recently was the phone call I received yesterday from  a company where I had an interview. They said I was accepted and will start working this afternoon. I finally got my first job and was so freaking excited about it. Jiyong and Minsu were happy for me too and they wanted us to celebrate it outside but then I thought it'll be nice to invite Bom and the guys to the outing. After all, Bom was the one who submitted my resume to this company and I couldn't just thank her over the phone.

Minsu suddenly pretended she was having a headache and neither I nor Jiyong insisted for her to come with us. Jiyong, probably not wanting his sister to get hurt when she meets Taeyang, and me not wanting to add pointless sorrow to his guilt feelings.

By the time Jiyong and I arrived at 'The Sunset' Taeyang and Bom were already there immersed in a giggling chitchat.

"Annyeong ~~ " I waved all cheerful.

"Oh, hey Dee! Jiyong, how are you?" Bom greeted back, wearing her famous smile.

"I'm good. You?" Jiyong took seat and I slipped in a chair next to Taeyang, smiling back at him.

"Long time no see." Taeyang let out softly while fixing me.

I didn't miss how Jiyong froze for a second. Yeah, I didn't tell him about my breakup with Taeyang yet.

"Um... where's Top?" I noticed.

"He had an emergency. He said he'll join us later."

"Oh, okay, I really missed you guys." I said sincerely.

"Aww." Bom clutched my hand above the table. "I missed you too ~" She sang with an eye smile and I couldn't help but to feel a tinge of disappointment at Taeyang's lack of reaction. "Gosh, we seriously need to meet more often. It's like we're in different cities." She added switching her gaze between Jiyong and me.

"Yeah, indeed. Look, I have 2 good news for you."

"Really? What is it? " She urged, shifting on her seat.

"I got a job and it's in one of the companies where you submitted my application." As I pressed my palms together in delight.

"Kyaah! What a great news! Which one exactly?"

"Y.M Corporate."

"Oooh, cool!" She exclaimed giving me two dumbs up.

"I'm glad to hear that Dara. Congrats." Taeyang told me and I nodded.

"Thanks."

"And the second news? " Bom asked curiously as ever.

"Well, I found an apartment to rent so I'll be moving tomorrow."

"That's great! Where .." Bom didn't get to finish her sentence interrupted by Jiyong.

"Wait, what?" He cocked his head to one side. "You didn't tell me..." His tone was accusative.

"Y-Yeah, well I just made my decision yesterday. You know, last week I saw this really nice apartment in Sinchon but couldn't rent it since I didn't know when I'd get a job. But yesterday when I was accepted I gave the owner a call to check if it was still available and I'm glad it was."

"Hmm, I see. We still need to talk about this." He added whispering and I gulped down.

Actually, that was the reason why I didn't tell him right away; I just wanted to avoid another quarrel between us especially when I knew it wouldn't change my mind. But now I can't help but to feel a bit guilty about it.

Bom suggested that we order barbecue and it was a great idea; it was mouthwatering. Although I couldn't stop checking my watch every two minutes, afraid that I'll be late for my first day at work.

We were now having desserts and talking about the on-going Tv-shows when suddenly Bom stopped talking and widened her eyes. She nudged Taeyang who lifted his head and I followed their stares; to the other side of the street, where Minsu was coming out of a cab. I let down my fork and gave Jiyong a kick under the table, motioning to him to look around.

"Is she coming here?" Bom mouthed to Taeyang as Minsu crossed the street and was heading straight to our table.

"She's Jiyong's sister." Taeyang blurted out, looking all devastated.

"What?" Bom's jaw dropped to the ground.

I saw how Taeyang's whole body tensed, tightening his fists on his lap. I couldn't bear watching him uneasy like that and to guess how much pain just her sight must b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter