The winning card

IS THIS MY LIFE? ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I knocked at the door and when I didn't get any response I was getting suspicious if he was really in there. I pushed open the door, the light and gulped down realizing that my thought was wrong. Because he was indeed there; lying on one of the twin beds, with only his boxers on.

"Dara?" He was rubbing his eyes due to the sudden light."I-I'll put on some clothes." He added when he saw me cover my face with the pillow.

"Are you okay?" He asked after wearing some pj pants and a white v-neck t-shirt.

"Yeah, I just couldn't sleep in the dark and I think this one is the only left bed?"

"Oh! Yeah, come in." He invited me in turning on the lamp on the night-stand between the beds and I switched off back the main light before closing the door behind me.

Half an hour must have passed by and we were still chitchatting about this and that. Another thing we found interesting between us lately, is that no matter how much time we spent together during the day, when it's time for bed we always found another dozens of subjects to talk about and we usually didn't stop until we realize how long we've been talking.

"Did you tell your mom about the divorce?"

"Not yet, I don't wanna tell her before the court's statement." I mouthed driving my gaze to the floor.

"Dara, you know it's already settled, right? I mean, since the day he signed the agreement, the contested divorce is going fine on its normal process."

"I know, I just don't want her to keep waiting and let her know only when everything's over." I smiled at him before yawning. "Should we sleep?"

He smiled back at me and nodded his head. "Nighty night."

"Nighty ~"

I replied and closed my eyes but a couple of minutes later I reopened them just to see Jiyong still in the same position; laying on the side, extending an arm under his pillow and eyes fixing me.

I raised my eyebrows at him questionably.

"What?" He asked with a smile.

"You were staring."

"Does that bother you?" He voiced out a little above a whisper and I giggled nervously.

"Uhh.. no ~"

"Then sleep."

I didn't get it at first because he was basically asking me to just sleep while he would keep looking at me but I ended up closing my eyes anyway since his stare was strangely getting heavy.

The whole thing was a bit weird; sleeping while knowing he was staring at me especially when I was sure my face was now turning red, but I couldn't help but to feel somehow pleased with the situation.

 

The next morning I was shaken up from sleep with the sound of my ringtone. At least, it didn't wake Jiyong up because he was already typing something on his phone when I rolled in his direction.

"Morning sleepyhead."

"Morning." I reached up for my ringing phone and my smile soon got replaced by a wide open mouth as I saw the name on it.

"I-It's Sang Joong!" I stuttered making Jiyong frown before he took the phone from my hand and picked up the call.

"Yeoboseyo."

....

I jumped on his bed and turned the phone on speaker phone.

"It's Jiyong."

"Oh! Can I talk to Sandara?"

"I don't think so. Tell me what you want and I'll tell her." Jiyong replied firmly.

"I want to meet her."

"I thought I told you to leave her alone." I watched as his grip on my phone was tightening.

"Look, I know that she's staying with you and I know where you live so it wouldn't be really hard for me to see her but I want her permission first. Besides, you can come with her if you want."

"Why do you want to see her anyway?"

"Just let her talk to me, please."

"I-I'm here." Despite the furious look on Jiyong's face, I figured that I had to just talk to him because if I didn't I knew he wouldn't stop calling again and again.

"Hey Sandara. How are you?"

"I'm fine, thanks. Y-You?"

"Well, I've been better... Um, as I just told your friend, I wanna meet you and you can bring him with you if you want."

"Can I at least know what it's about?" I asked him surprising myself with the unusual bravery.

"I prefer to talk to you live but I can tell you that it's important. Just pick any day and let's meet wherever you want."

I was biting on my lower lip while my mind was already fussing with curiosity about what he could possibly want us to talk about.

"I'm actually out of town and I wouldn't be back before next Friday."

"Can I see you on Saturday then?" He asked and I sighed deeply.

"Ok. I'll wait for your call on Saturday." The sooner the better, I thought, and after all if I did refuse to see him I wouldn't be able to walk out Jiyong's apartment without thinking he would show up at anytime. Jiyong also must have thought the same way as he didn't protest when I agreed.

"Great. See you soon."

"Neh." I let out and hanged up the call. "Aishhh~!" I laid my back on the bed ruffling my hair hysterically and tapping my feet on the floor with frustration.

"Hey. Get up!" Jiyong forced me to sit up again. "Don't let this call ruin your well deserved vacations. He can't do much now after he agreed on divorce and I'll be with you anyway." I slowly nodde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter