Dara's birthday party

IS THIS MY LIFE? ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I quickly went upstairs and after putting Jiyong's present, still wrapped, in my closet, I took a ten minutes shower to refresh myself. I then did my hair and put on a black dress and black silver high heels.

           

    Dara's dress

 

  

Dara's high heels

 

I finally took a deep breath and went downstairs. The first impression I had was that it seemed more like a museum's opening day than a birthday party. There was soft music and people were gathering here and there with wine glasses in their hands. Men were wearing suits and women were all classy with elegant dresses. I quickly felt uneasy being around people that I don't know. Was this really my birthday? I was standing fixed in my place and feeling kinda lost when I felt a hand landed on my back.

"Honey, you're here! ... Oh you look absolutely beautiful."

"Thanks" I said with a tinge of worry in my voice waiting for him to scold me for being that late.

"Sorry, I didn’t get to see you earlier, I was discussing business with an associate."

"Oh, it's ok." It was a pure relief that he didn't even notice my absence.

"Heey Dara !" I turned around just to be welcomed by a rushing hug.

"Oh, Hyorin! Wh.. what are you doing here?"

"I talked to Jiyong and he told me today's your birthday."

My heart started racing when I heard Jiyong's name in Joong's presence.

"Um.. Joong, this is Hyorin. She's a friend from college." Well, Friend was probably a big word to describe her. She was actually my sunbae and Jiyong's hoobae back then. I just got to see her when she needed Jiyong's help during exams preparation.

"Nice to meet you, Hyorin. Please enjoy the party. I'll leave my lovely wife in your care, ok ?" He said with a wink and turned his back to us.

"Yah, Dara ! Just tell me what kind of hero you were in your previous life. Not only you manage to marry a man who's rich as hell, but you also make him sweet to you."

I almost forgot how material she used to be. She was so into dating wealthy guys that average people couldn't even dare to approach her. She also had this bad reputation of being the girl with extra short skirts and always playing around.

"No, it's not like that ... uh .. what have you been doing since you graduated ?" I blurted out the first thing that came to my mind since no one knows the real reason behind my marriage except for Jiyong.

"Well, I'm now working as a manager in a high tech store."

"Oh, that's great."

We were talking about meaningless things when Joong joined us.

"Hey ladies, sorry I will borrow her if you don't mind." As he gave Hyorin a polite smile.

"Sure, I'll just go get a cocktail glass." She said and her heels.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter